Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

I don't know if it's me but I'm more Excited about L4D then I am for GOW2. I know I will be getting this day one. Hell, hopefully Wal-Mart carries it at 12

I look forward to the local and online co-op. It's like Rock Band but with zombies and guns.

Yep, I'm sticking with that analysis.

:oops:

[quote name='Chase']I look forward to the local and online co-op. It's like Rock Band but with zombies and guns.

Yep, I'm sticking with that analysis.

:oops:[/quote]
If we're ever playing online and there's a ton of zombies and you have alot of ammo I'm expecting (no, DEMANDING!) you to say "Time for the drum solo!"

[quote name='menikmati']I've already got this pre-ordered for the PC for $37, might pick up the 360 version later on if it's groooood.[/quote]

People pre order PC games? What the hell?

When is the release date on this puppy? I cant wait for a CAG zombie night.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I don't know if it's me but I'm more Excited about L4D then I am for GOW2. I know I will be getting this day one. Hell, hopefully Wal-Mart carries it at 12[/quote]

I could not agree more. No game has me more excited for the fall lineup than this game. I'm a sucker for zombies and this game just sounds like pure plastic awesome.

HM: Fallout 3. Not zombies per se but still good.

[quote name='bardockkun']If we're ever playing online and there's a ton of zombies and you have alot of ammo I'm expecting (no, DEMANDING!) you to say "Time for the drum solo!"[/quote]

We totally need to team-up. Hiro and Ando style. :cool:

[quote name='Chase']We totally need to team-up. Hiro and Ando style. :cool:[/quote]
Whoever's Hiro has to constantly yell "NISSAN VERSA!" Then and dammit can't I just be Hiro's dad instead? I Do a pretty good George Takei voice, well, it'll mostly be me doing the creepy laugh and saying Captain.

All I know is that someone has to yell "Yatta!" every time we survive a zombie rampage.
33489yg.gif

[quote name='Chase']All I know is that someone has to yell "Yatta!" every time we survive a zombie rampage.
33489yg.gif
[/quote]
Is this the Asian way of chest bumping we're doing now?

[quote name='homeland']why yell when you can sing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFxjEy4J-7E[/quote]
Hell why even play video games when I can do that out in public? Looks like a girl scout troop is in for an AWESOME surprise!

[quote name='homeland']why yell when you can sing!

[/quote]

I call verse 2. Bardock can take the chorus. Homeland, you can sew the... costumes. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Chase']I call verse 2. Bardock can take the chorus. Homeland, you can sew the... costumes. :whistle2:#[/quote]
Deal.

[quote name='menikmati']Do it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='homeland']do it now![/QUOTE]

Crap, I just thought to check back in on this thread. OK, I'll start a thread for CAG survivor teams a little closer to release date. Start spreading the word. Soon, we go zombie hunting.

[quote name='homeland']screw sewing i want to drop some fuck bombs..this game needs a samuel l. jackson character'[/quote]
So you can say you're tired of these muthafuckin zombies in your goddamn city?

is anyone going to be playing this for xbox or do you guys think its going to go the route of "orange box"? from what i've heard, team fortress 2 has very few players online and most people are choosing the pc version instead.

i'm expecting this to be completely different than tf2. First off TF2 had a horrible lag problem and they took forever to patch, second it came out when COD4 and Halo3 were still strong and, TF2 is very different than your normal shooter. I'm expecting l4d to have a well sized community.. not on the level of halo3 or cod:waw but it will succeed.

Damn I have to pre order this today or tomorrow. Though I still want some type of deal when this comes out.

Hell I really want a deal for COD5.

[quote name='slickkill77']Amazon has it for $48.99 now[/quote]

What thats sweet. Need a link though beacuse I saw it 53.99.

The question is, will this be the best deal though?

Last edited by a moderator:
no longer available for preorder on xbox 360. instead you have the option to sign up for an email when it is available. i have never seen this on a preorder item before at amazon.

Really? Damn that sucks for people who didnt jump on it.

I still need to get the early demo release. Might pre order at gamestop then kill it later.

Guys, listen. You do NOT have to pre-order to get into the early demo! All I did was use an old receipt from Gamestop and type the Transaction ID from when I bought Rockband 2 and 2 Guitars. IT worked.

Quote:
"Thank You!

Early access to the demo will run from October 31st through November 7th.

Codes will begin being sent out on November 5th."

I don't get Amazon. They say the game is released on the 17th (while others claim the 18th) but my order says it's going to show up on the 19th. So much for overnight shipping.

[quote name='Ninjanickx']Does anyone think this might be better on PC? I'm still getting it on 360, though.[/quote]
Possibly. Remember the TF2 updates? That alone would make me want to buy it on PC instead.

WOW! Nice job. I am happy I preordered at GS and have the early access to the demo coming to me shortly.

This is like "I am Legend" the game but with more than just Will Smith.

Again guys you can use any gamestop transaction number to get the early demo access. I pre ordered at amazon and just grabbed a game stop receipt I had lying around and entered it.

I heard this also worked with the COD5 beta key.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Again guys you can use any gamestop transaction number to get the early demo access. I pre ordered at amazon and just grabbed a game stop receipt I had lying around and entered it.

I heard this also worked with the COD5 beta key.[/quote]

run me through this if you don't mind...where do you enter the trans ID?

[quote name='Ninjanickx']Does anyone think this might be better on PC? I'm still getting it on 360, though.[/quote]
Yes it will be. User created levels + mods + free content from Valve.

[quote name='John Ketch']run me through this if you don't mind...where do you enter the trans ID?[/quote]

Shrike posted a website like 2 pages back which is the early access registration site.

COPY AND PASTE the link into your browser and it will take you right there. Then just enter a transaction number from any gamestop receipt (they will show you what number to look for) and boom your done.

just preordered... Can't wait to get the demo. Though it sucks we never get the mods as I'm sure there's going to be a "Shawn of the Dead" mod created for this.

I was under the intent that online would be mass numbers, but after re-reading, I noticed that it's only like 4-player co-op and up to 8 players online (4v4)? That's kind of low. In CSS, it's at least like 16+, and that is fun.. It doesn't seem like 4v4 would be really intense. I understand that the game is based on the four survivors, but there should be a separate mode online where you can create your own player model and jump online in like intense CSS type Zombie Mode games. I could play zombie mode on CSS for hours on end, due to the fact that there were so many people in a game. Now, since it's only 4v4, eh..

bread's done
Back