Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='fart_bubble']just got my demo code. Still surprised that entering random shit gets you into it[/quote]

please elaborate in a pm sir.

i might be slow but how do i dl on the demo from steam onto my pc? i keep clicking on install demo but nothing comes up and i have no clue where to enter to code at.

nm got it

[quote name='bardockkun']Been awhile since a game gave me an erection....[/quote]

2eoijwo.jpg

I'm actually slightly disappointed by this game...I was looking forward to it, and had fun playing with a couple friends last night, but it really feels like I'm just playing Half-Life 2 with a zombie skin slapped over it (and I didn't really like Half-Life 2, either, though I loved Portal and TF2).

this is literally my Gears Of war 2 for the people that are freaks for Gears Of War 2.

SO Amazing

Anybody that is denying this game is literally a idiot.

[quote name='Prock']i might be slow but how do i dl on the demo from steam onto my pc? i keep clicking on install demo but nothing comes up and i have no clue where to enter to code at.

nm got it[/quote]

Howd you get it? :dunce:
EDIT: nm, gotta register the key first. No good email lying to me. . .

I typed in my transaction id and haven't even received an e-mail about getting the demo. Whats going on? I've tried 3 different e-mails with different transactions over the past week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit @ expert difficulty. I'm having a lot of fun playing the demo. It feels like it can get kind of old/repetitive though, even if there are different spawn points for zombies. Still tons of fun though, those boomers are hard.

All this talk about the demo has me interested a lot. I'm sure it's repetitive, but what more can you do when it's a zombie game? Kill zombies, survive.... rinse & repeat.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Holy shit @ expert difficulty. I'm having a lot of fun playing the demo. It feels like it can get kind of old/repetitive though, even if there are different spawn points for zombies. Still tons of fun though, those boomers are hard.[/quote]

Tanks are a bitch, too.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I hate those damn Witches. But now i know to not shine the light on her :D[/quote]

Yeah. I was playing an XBL online match, and we were all grouped together and as soon as everyone saw the witch, they turned off their flashlight. They were all like "turn off your flashlight!" and I didn't know -- by the time I did, the witch was already startled. Then we got raped. lol.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Are there plans for an open demo? I preordered at Amazon and they are not doing the code thing.[/quote]

Yeah, the public release is on the 11th I believe.

i have an extra code for the demo, for the pc, if anyone wants it. Just pm me.

Edit: Code has been given away to Pure Apathy.

Last edited by a moderator:
man this game is a blast to play on co-op. This is what Resident Evil outbreak should have been. If anyone wants to get a game going feel free to add me "tenzor'

Wow. Better that i thought. I played with Draekon, HotShotX, and Phish and even though we died a lot, we kept coming back, i had a blast. Noteworthy moment; Draekon said "here they come", i look and see no less than 15-20 zombies rush by the door after him...it was great.

[quote name='SynGamer']We got owned on Expert...[/quote]

We could have made it to the Subway if HotShot didn't drop out. The problem would have been that massive Hulk of a zombie.

I think this and Dead Space probably won't win GOTY with the caliber of recent released, but they're going to knock some major players out of the running by taking their nomination spots.

Thanks whoever corrected me. Whoever wanted to know when the real public release is, according to IGN, the public release date is November 11th, and the demo closes on November 18th, which is when the game releases.

Initially I was not interested in this game but all the positive feedback, on several different sites, is causing me to reconsider this purchase. Damn you all, I have already spent enough money this fall - stop releasing great games. My wife had a big talk with me last night about the money I had spent over the past 4-weeks. I "forgot" to mention I was picking up Gears of War 2 today. I am screwed.

I can beat this easily on Expert for Chapter 1 but Chapter 2 just owns me to hell and back. Still a blast, as Expert is how it should be played. Looking forward to some invites.

I can't wait to give the demo a whirl my code from gamestop. If anyone wants to do some coop later just send me a friend request with cag in the try so I know who it's from.

When I first saw videos of the game I thought "meh, another shooter" and I didn't like the movement of your character.

But after playing the demo with 3 other people, wow this game is great. I love how the enemies are randomly placed. The first play through there had to be 75+ in the alley then the next play through I chucked an explosive as soon as I rounded the corner expecting them but there was none. Definitely considering getting this game near release.

And Valve makes such great character designs.

[quote name='markingsmart']If anyone needs a code, here is an extra one I received.

Q26M3-YJYV9-X8VWM-WRRBV-MDFRB[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I stumbled into this thread at a good time. Downloading as I type.

Just played my first round. OMG! This game is like Dead Rising on a roid rage. I about shit my pants in that first house. Here I am thinking it's just going to be patches of 2-3 zombies and like 30 of literally flood the room in a span of 2 seconds. Then I see a single zombie and after the previous onslaught figure he's not going to be a problem until he breaks out in a 28 Days Later sprint and again I about shit my pants. Best demo I ever played, gave me more enjoyment than most full games all the way through. So glad I preordered this. It was a challenge even on normal difficulty, I'm almost afraid to bump it up a notch, lol. The game has a very retro zombie movie feel, I especially like the notes previous survivors wrote on walls. It adds to the atmosphere tenfold and really makes you believe you are the last group of people in a city overrun by zombies. For such a sparse plot it really has a subtle impact I wasn't expecting.

So what's the deal with the witches, are you supposed to creep past them? I shot one with a sniper rifle and my AI team scolded me. I remembered from the intro movie to shut off my flashlight but it still came at me.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']
And Valve makes such great character designs.[/quote]

I like the character designs, but I REALLY liked the original character designs. The biker was so much better. Looked EXACTLY like Waylon from The Wire.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/119/937406_20080425_screen005.jpg

bread's done
Back