Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Not really, but the zombies do like 20hp per hit, so if you get surrounded you're screwed. Tanks have insane hp, if you don't burn them chances are they will wipe the whole team out.[/quote]

Zombies are also much quicker... and health packs are scarce.

Also it tends to send out more than one "special" zombie at a time.

i.e. you might get smoker/hunter combo etc.

The smoker hunter combo code named "Lick and Dick," is by far the most feared tag teamed in all of video game'dom.

Getting dragged 50 ft away then getting pounced on is so demoralizing.

Expect when you a smoker and so bitch a hunter steals your smooth skin. Cheeky bastards.

How do I see the CAGs on the CAGL4D list? I added and can't see any games. Is that because I haven't been accepted yet?

Sorry, new to Xbox Live Gold...

[quote name='Quillion']How do I see the CAGs on the CAGL4D list? I added and can't see any games. Is that because I haven't been accepted yet?

Sorry, new to Xbox Live Gold...[/quote]

Go to view CAGL4D's profile and go over to the Personal Profile tab and hit View Friends. You can see the list of people even when they haven't accepted your friend request yet.

I just got this game today and absolutely love it! I'm currently without XBox Live so I can't play online, but playing with my little sister for now is a blast!:bouncy:

Kay

[quote name='*Kay*']I just got this game today and absolutely love it! I'm currently without XBox Live so I can't play online, but playing with my little sister for now is a blast!:bouncy:

Kay[/quote]

I hope your little sister is at least over 14, lol.

[quote name='cmart05']I hope your little sister is at least over 14, lol.[/quote]

I was 14 when I first played Resident Evil. My little sister liked to watch me play it sometimes...she was 7. I wonder if that was a mistake...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I was 14 when I first played Resident Evil. My little sister liked to watch me play it sometimes...she was 7. I wonder if that was a mistake...[/quote]

does ur sister keep trying to kill emo kids?

[quote name='TruVisionary']does ur sister keep trying to kill emo kids?[/quote]

Keep in mind there is no right or wrong response to this question, Daddy.

Inquiring minds want to know.

[quote name='*Kay*']She's 17:roll:

Kay[/quote]

So.... how old are you and where in PA are you? :lol: (sorry, I'm just in a mood today)

Back on-topic, if anyone is up for some zombie killing, I'll be on a little later. I have alot of aggression to get out. Send me a FR.

[quote name='dastly75']Hmm are there any organized CAGs that want to play against my team? My team has yet to play any other team in versus mode that didn't suck.

Just to restate:

Looking for any already formed team or some random CAGs to assemble to play my team in versus.[/quote]

Still no challengers. For shame.

I just got this game and I'm looking for a group of casual players to play it with. I'm talking totally laid back. I don't want to be stressed out or worried about "how well I'm doing" when I play. I just want to have fun. Anyone out there like that?

[quote name='dastly75']Still no challengers. For shame.[/quote]

I would, but I have no team members, and I'm a big chicken. (bawk)

[quote name='torifile']I just got this game and I'm looking for a group of casual players to play it with. I'm talking totally laid back. I don't want to be stressed out or worried about "how well I'm doing" when I play. I just want to have fun. Anyone out there like that?[/quote]That would be me. I probably won't be able to get on regularly until mid week though.

I'm torn on this game. Part of me loves it; part of me hates it with a passion. My friend bought it and we cracked it open after the hockey game tonight.

Playing on split screen on Normal, it was pretty fun most of the way through. Then the last level of No Mercy was nigh impossible to beat. We kept getting raped by Tanks and swarmed when we tried to escape. On top of that, the AI "director", which I thought was supposed to make it harder when you were doing well and easier when you were dying, made it tougher and threw more zombies at us the more we lost. What the fuck kind of backwards ass logic is that?

We ended up quitting and beating the final chapter on Easy. As a result, no achievements for us. Stupid game. I really want to like it, but it's frustratingly cheap to the point of making me want to break the disc in half and shit on it. My friends on CAG who I play with most, Pure Apathy and FrankySox, were all gung-ho about the game but never play it anymore so I'm not sure it'd be worthwhile.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm torn on this game. Part of me loves it; part of me hates it with a passion. My friend bought it and we cracked it open after the hockey game tonight.

Playing on split screen on Normal, it was pretty fun most of the way through. Then the last level of No Mercy was nigh impossible to beat. We kept getting raped by Tanks and swarmed when we tried to escape. On top of that, the AI "director", which I thought was supposed to make it harder when you were doing well and easier when you were dying, made it tougher and threw more zombies at us the more we lost. What the fuck kind of backwards ass logic is that?

We ended up quitting and beating the final chapter on Easy. As a result, no achievements for us. Stupid game. I really want to like it, but it's frustratingly cheap to the point of making me want to break the disc in half and shit on it. My friends on CAG who I play with most, Pure Apathy and FrankySox, were all gung-ho about the game but never play it anymore so I'm not sure it'd be worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

You can change the difficulty in game, just call a vote.

And it's most likely that you are new to the game and you suck at it.
Me and my buddy played it through with 2 humans and 2 cpus on advanced. Didn't really have any problems. Expert would be a different story.
The AI director, I don't believe ever really tries to make it easier for you. He just wants to you get comfortable before he unleashes the hordes. It's objective is to rape you, so anytime they see that you are vulnerable with your ass up, the horde's will cum.

It depends on how many friends you have that actually play this. If you only have 2 friends that play it then you'll get bored of it quicker. But if you have lets say 10 friends that are constantly on then you'll have more fun. I only have a few friends that play it and most the time is waiting for one of them to get on so that we can play it.

[quote name='sp00ge']So.... how old are you and where in PA are you? :lol: (sorry, I'm just in a mood today)

Back on-topic, if anyone is up for some zombie killing, I'll be on a little later. I have alot of aggression to get out. Send me a FR.[/quote]

:lol:

Kay

A few of us made an excellent run on Advanced the other day. No restarts until the final tank killed us all at the end. Same thing almost happened on the next run at the finale too, the last guy (sadly, not I) barely survived the tank and was making a run for the plane with his health in low yellow. I'm watching his screen and see him pan left right before getting to the plane and this hunter is in mid-flight right up on him. He somehow gets the shotgun blast off at the last second to kill that bastard and escape. Epic.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That would be me. I probably won't be able to get on regularly until mid week though.[/QUOTE]

I'm also up for playing some casual games later this week. I ordered the game right before I got my RROD, and my 360 is on its way back from Microsoft this week.

[quote name='torifile']I just got this game and I'm looking for a group of casual players to play it with. I'm talking totally laid back. I don't want to be stressed out or worried about "how well I'm doing" when I play. I just want to have fun. Anyone out there like that?[/QUOTE]

send me an fr
im all over that type of play.
you me and stevemcq

[quote name='paz9x']send me an fr
im all over that type of play.
you me and stevemcq[/QUOTE]
Sent. I won't be able to get to the game until next week since my wife kinda likes to give me gifts for the occasion they were purchased :lol: Ah well. I can wait that long...

Send me an FR. I'm looking to beat every movie on expert

Also Dastly, who do you run with on your "team"?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='torifile']Sent. I won't be able to get to the game until next week since my wife kinda likes to give me gifts for the occasion they were purchased :lol: Ah well. I can wait that long...[/QUOTE]

sounds good.

The Game is still glitched. Was playing versus on No Mercy at the hospital and someone kept moving crap in our way so we either couldn't get out of the elevator or slow us down.

FR sent to cmart as well. I seriously want those achievements and I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me by multiple surprise Tanks and Witches. I'm hoping to learn a couple new tricks teaming up with better players.

I'll accept when I get home. Around what time are you available? During the week I can only mainly play at night.

I'm available Monday through Sunday after 5 PM EST usually. Your best bet is to send a PM here if you don't see me on Live. I'm usually lurking the boards on a daily basis and always down for some L4D group play so send a game invite regardless of what I'm playing at the moment and I'll respond.

So my friend brought this game over yesterday and we were playing on advanced and I was wondering if anyone has any decent strategy for taking out tanks without taking massive amounts of damage. Every time we came across one it would down one of us then bash away while the rest of the team pumped bullets into it. It would go down but the unfortunate decoy would not last much longer.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']So my friend brought this game over yesterday and we were playing on advanced and I was wondering if anyone has any decent strategy for taking out tanks without taking massive amounts of damage. Every time we came across one it would down one of us then bash away while the rest of the team pumped bullets into it. It would go down but the unfortunate decoy would not last much longer.[/quote]

The tank tends to chase after one person. If you're the one being chased just keep running and have your teammates shoot(the strategy is hard to use if it's just two human controlled players though). Molotovs also work well.

Also depending on what level you're in.. you can "trap them" by luring them into tight spaces and then just shoot away.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']So my friend brought this game over yesterday and we were playing on advanced and I was wondering if anyone has any decent strategy for taking out tanks without taking massive amounts of damage. Every time we came across one it would down one of us then bash away while the rest of the team pumped bullets into it. It would go down but the unfortunate decoy would not last much longer.[/quote]

Not sure how 'pro' these tips are but this is what I've gathered from my personal experience stemming all the way back from the demo until now.

Building upon cmart's advice...

1) Always keep moving no matter what happens and be aware of your surroundings at all times. Getting pinned in a corner or up against debris is a guaranteed trip to the respawn room on higher difficulties where the Tank's health is ridiculous.

2) Use the Auto Shotgun & Molotov Cocktails to inflict maximum damage. On Adv & Exp these are your sole saving graces outside of a keen seasoned player knowledgeable on the map you're playing because as cmart mentioned sometimes you can temporarily trap the Tank in corners and just hammer it with little fear of retaliation.

3) If you aren't the designated Tank hunter (preferably someone with enough health (80+) to outrun it) then keep your frickin' distance to stay alive!

Tanks aren't exactly the most complex enemies in the game. More often than not their one track minds will force them to attack whomever is nearest to them whether or not they deem themselves a threat except for the initial charge. Try to use this to your advantage because whoever is unlucky enough to become the target of their initial charge is screwed until they've died unless someone else interferes with the battle (or is unfortunate enough for it to run near or back up into them).

When the music starts stay close enough to force it out in the open then break away as your hunter attacks or let them search for it while the rest of you hold your positions elsewhere. Both strategies pose their own set of risks (might not be able to break away in time and it attacks whomever it wants regardless or it spawns behind the rest of you while your hunter is elsewhere)... but it's far better than the four of you hammering on it placing your entire team in the perfect range for an easy debris or car chuck AND the chance to bounce between the lot of you.

4) LERN2DODGEKTHX. I cannot stress this point enough. More lethal than its initial haymakers are its ranged projectile attacks. I've seen these damn things chuck ANYTHING on the map from cars to concrete and even frickin' TREE TRUNKS. Nothing is impossible when it comes to these massive hulks of utter destruction so stay the HELL AWAY from anything you suspect is movable on the stage when maintaining your distance from them.

Cover is your friend. If you see it the animation starting try to hide or crouch behind anything than can absorb the blow for you e.g. steel garders, walls, cars, it doesn't matter. One hit from the debris on higher difficulty settings is usually enough to screw you. Once you've lost around 60 or more health your sprinting days are over and there's no way you'll out run it.

Anyway... I hope that helps a bit.

also, I believe the burning damage the tank takes does not stack with your weapon damage. so if a tank is lit on fire, it doesn't benefit you at all to shoot at it and get its attention unless you're trying to kill it before the flame kills it. the molotov sets it on a 30-40 second timer (depending on its difficulty) at which point it always dies. so decide early on whether you're going to kill the tank with autoshotties to the face or light him and run like heck and wait for him to die. don't do both.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I had no idea it didn't stack. Typical. Oh, and this is sort of common sense but if you're in a building or confined space high tail it out of there. The more space you have available to you the better and movable objects such as cars CAN EITHER KILL OR PIN YOU DOWN IN ONE HIT on some difficulties so beware. I've lost count of how many times people were literally trapped under cars and died because we couldn't rescue them in this game.

Tanks can also spawn in safe rooms and break those doors down as well. Plus the music doesn't always come on to warn you of an attack. =\

I just got the game (i played the demo and it was pretty fun, but i thought it would be fun with online co-op, so i bought the game)

anyone wanna play the campaigns online together? i'm not amazing, but i'm not bad at all

send me a Friend request if ya do: a crispy donut

[quote name='swetooth9']I just got the game (i played the demo and it was pretty fun, but i thought it would be fun with online co-op, so i bought the game)

anyone wanna play the campaigns online together? i'm not amazing, but i'm not bad at all

send me a Friend request if ya do: a crispy donut[/QUOTE]

I'm getting my repaired RROD 360 back tomorrow, so I'll send you a request when it gets here. I have only played the demo so far, but the game has been sitting on my shelf staring at me for the last two weeks.

[quote name='IvanHood']I'm getting my repaired RROD 360 back tomorrow, so I'll send you a request when it gets here. I have only played the demo so far, but the game has been sitting on my shelf staring at me for the last two weeks.[/quote]

yea i got it on black friday, but didn't open it til yesterday because of final exams

just played some co-op online and it's fun to play with people who have mics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGbd70R_1Po

Hey I am sending some of you a friend requests. I am sick and tired of playing with people that do not have mics or don't know how to stay together. I would love to see how the game plays on advanced or expert.

I'd be down for some tonight, but my internet has been acting up the past two days... connection drops every 5-10 minutes. This sucks...

[quote name='TruVisionary']everyone should just add CAGL4D and look for people to play with there.[/quote]

I have and the three times I checked no one was playing, lol.

bread's done
Back