Legend of Legacy: Launch Edition (3DS)

Something is messed up with the Best Buy website.  It isn't giving me the GCU discount for the pre-order.  I'll try again later.

Yup, totally missed that. Thanks for the heads up. The NISA store website hasn't updated with the new date yet, and that's where my preorder is.
I was about to preorder it at nis, but then I saw gamestop has a launch edition for the game. It comes with the soundtrack+box. So IMO, it's not worth the extra 20+shipping that nis has for it.

Hmmm. You're telling me I could play OG Ridge Racer while also playing the Mortal Kombat soundtrack from the Sega CD version? I can't wait to get home.
I don't think i ever tried using a game disc with redbook audio for its music, but yeah, it should work. Actually, if i recall correctly, Ridge Racer was especially appealing not only because the entire game loaded and you could play indefinitely, but i think you could pick your music track before starting the race.

I was doing this on an original model PSX, so i can't say for sure that the later model (ie PSOne) allowed you to open the disc tray without kicking you out of the game(like most subsequent disc based consoles did).

Hey guys ... just an update here. 

Best Buy is sold out, even though it shows you can still pre order (you can't ... I called and stuff) 

Amazon and GS still have it in stock, though. 

Any who. Yea. Out Oct. 13. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys ... just an update here.

Best Buy is sold out, even though it shows you can still pre order (you can't ... I called and stuff)

Amazon and GS still have it in stock, though.

Any who. Yea. Out Oct. 13.
If the last few Atlus games are any indication, many BB locations will likely have stock on release day and the GCU discount will apply.

If the last few Atlus games are any indication, many BB locations will likely have stock on release day and the GCU discount will apply.
Seriously, Best Buy has been killing it with these sort of games lately. I still see the Senran Kagura and Hatsune Miku Launch Day versions on shelves here.

lol. it has a cd

Is this the 90s ?
In b4 they start releasing the soundtracks in VINYL.

In all seriousness; I'd love to see a game that had a good soundtrack that came with a USB flash drive with 24-bit 192KHz studio master quality FLAC Files.

Oh I forgot...Journey got a vinyl release. I missed that. :(

In all seriousness; I'd love to see a game that had a good soundtrack that came with a USB flash drive with 24-bit 192KHz studio master quality FLAC Files.

Atlus actually has given out a vinyl record as a preorder bonus before, although it was only in EU (interesting, considering that they can't even publish their own SMT and EO titles over there).

2460261-ps4_arena_limited.jpg

I actually think vinyl game soundtracks are awesome, but I personally only own the Hotline Miami 2 vinyl set and the Metal Gear Rising Vocal Collection. It doesn't help that I haven't even bothered to listen to either one due to my preference for lossless digital music.

You actually think the launch edition will be available that long?
Considering that Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, and even Conception 2 (I think) are still including launch items, I would be surprised if the launch edition wasn't readily available until at least a year later.

Atlus actually has given out a vinyl record as a preorder bonus before, although it was only in EU (interesting, considering that they can't even publish their own SMT and EO titles over there).

2460261-ps4_arena_limited.jpg

I actually think vinyl game soundtracks are awesome, but I personally only own the Hotline Miami 2 vinyl set and the Metal Gear Rising Vocal Collection. It doesn't help that I haven't even bothered to listen to either one due to my preference for lossless digital music.
Dang the Persona 4 Arena got that treatment; bet that'd make Vigilante pretty jelly.

I only use the turntable on rare occasions since I kinda f-ed up the prestigious Denon needle my uncle gave my dad from the 80s. To get the MKII is like $600 the last time I checked so no replacement for quite some time. :whistle2:( It still works but at the angle the needle sits now it'll basically dig into the record and kill it so I can only use it every blue moon now.

I'm still waiting for Falcom to put up for sale the Legend of Heroes Trails FC soundtrack in 96KHz Hi-Res on a US site like HD Tracks.

I'd actually think about EO2U's score on vinyl...I think Destiny TTK will get that treatment first though.

And yeah I sorta do regret buying EO2U launch ed. for the full $50...but then again I had credit from flipping so I really didn't pay $50 per se but still....

Bioshock 2 CE HAD vinyl but my turntable isn't working

downloading the demo as we speak! 

Time for some JRPG gold and Thursday Night Football, where I will watch two crap teams duke it out in High Def.

But seriously, if the demo sucks, I will likely cancel my PO. All things I have read though indicate I will like it.

#BecauseIKnowYouAllCare 

Considering that Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, and even Conception 2 (I think) are still including launch items, I would be surprised if the launch edition wasn't readily available until at least a year later.
Conception 2 wasn't very well received. I would expect both Devil Survivor 2 and Etrian Mystery Dungeon got larger print runs based on those being from established franchises. The extras with Legend of Legacy likely cost more than just a CD.

I wouldn't expect it to be around in a year, but it should be around for a bit, IMO.

well good luck on that one is all i have to say. etrian mystery dungeon was a new concept to the series and honestly didnt take that well. conception 2 was both on vita and 3ds so it wasnt an exclusive like most are. as for the devil survivor not sure on your area but my area sold out day one. like all atlus launch games. i preorder 2 one sealed one collect to support the company i care about the most aka my rpg company.

I pre ordered mine and love the demo.

So far put in like 8 hours and got water magic onto my Elementist and teaching them better sword skills and other.

As long as you don't use all 30 tries it carries over into the full game.

Can not wait.

Played the demo for like 3 hours last night, really loving this game. They nailed down the atmosphere with an awesome soundtrack, wish there was a little more to the story though. I've never payed full price for a 3DS game, but I think I'll start now.

Legend of Legacy officially not available on Best Buy, It's been like that for 2 days now (you were able to pre-order but not check out) but now they won't even let you pretend to preorder.

I had to pre-order mine at GS sadly...

I originally had my pre ordered at Best Buy (made this thread) but then said to myself I buy too many games and cancelled my order. 

Now I missed out so I ordered from Amazon (arrives on release). Sure, I paid more without the GCU, but that is the price I pay for canceling. 

I originally had my pre ordered at Best Buy (made this thread) but then said to myself I buy too many games and cancelled my order.

Now I missed out so I ordered from Amazon (arrives on release). Sure, I paid more without the GCU, but that is the price I pay for canceling.
Well, at least you have a better chance your item doesn't get damage in transit. Bestbuy they will most likely ship in bubble mailer.

Hasn't happen to me.
Amazon loves to shove this kind of thing in a bubble mailer or one of those worthless cardboard wraps. Sometimes you get a box the size of a Fiat with no padding.

Case in point the SMT4 LE that almost every one that was shipped by Amazon was destroyed. This looks like it's going to be the exact same size and package design.

Amazon loves to shove this kind of thing in a bubble mailer or one of those worthless cardboard wraps. Sometimes you get a box the size of a Fiat with no padding.

Case in point the SMT4 LE that almost every one that was shipped by Amazon was destroyed. This looks like it's going to be the exact same size and package design.
I do wonder if they learned their lesson though.

We shall see.

Yeah, I cancelled b/c I didn't think it'd be hard to find... I mean, it was in stock until release so I figured I'd be able to get it later.

Not risking it with Amazon, their packing sucks.

Still have one at Gamestop, but I'm pretty sure I might wait. (Or I'll get it if I can find at Best Buy on release). I'm still way too deep on Disgaea and Metal Gear Online, and Dragon Quest is looking pretty good for this week too

Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't really call it trash without actually playing it. I can just tell it's not really for me.
Yeah, I think it's going to be super niche which is too bad because it's got a unique art style and the music is supposed to be amazing.

well shit. I only pre ordered one copy from BBY. Figured if it came in dmgd (it probably will) i'll just re-order 2 or 3 more copies to get a good one. Looks like i got one shot now. Maybe GS will have extras tomorow or something tues that i can swap out if mine is dmgd

I really want to jump on this but man, I haven't had the time/patience to play games like this in years.  I bought Bravely Default CE, Radiant Historia, all the PS2 Atlus games... haven't had time to play any of them.

The collector in me wants to get this because I like to support Atlus and I like that it's a spiritual sequel to the SaGa series.

But, in a practical sense, this just isn't worth it, especially when it's described as a grind fest with not a lot of story.

I really want to jump on this but man, I haven't had the time/patience to play games like this in years. I bought Bravely Default CE, Radiant Historia, all the PS2 Atlus games... haven't had time to play any of them.

The collector in me wants to get this because I like to support Atlus and I like that it's a spiritual sequel to the SaGa series.

But, in a practical sense, this just isn't worth it, especially when it's described as a grind fest with not a lot of story.
i here yah, after trying the demo, lost all interest, realisticly cant buy ever game that comes out and i need to thin out my backlog, the only game i am shooting for this year is trails, might check out stella when a demo comes, was hoping for estival to be release like xseed said but it looks like next year release

I liked the demo. I like games with grinding.

I really need a jrpg right now and this will fit the bill.

And the day one stuff looks really cool.

Though I think most of my attention will be on Dragon Quest Heroes anyway.

A great take on Legend of Legacy if your on the fence about the game.

Legend of Legacy Review

Seems like it's a super hardcore JRPG with a lot of grinding and zero story and focused entirely on mechanics.
Sounds like it will be right up my alley.

Always gameplay over story for me.

Have a feeling this will be one of those games that gets an average score of 7. Some people will praise, others will say it's not any good.

Sounds like a niche RPG.

i here yah, after trying the demo, lost all interest, realisticly cant buy ever game that comes out and i need to thin out my backlog, the only game i am shooting for this year is trails, might check out stella when a demo comes, was hoping for estival to be release like xseed said but it looks like next year release
I hear ya.

This is the type of game that would be great if you were stranded on an island.

bread's done
Back