Legend of Legacy: Launch Edition (3DS)

Well darn, have a BB cert that's going to expire this week and was hoping to use it on this, but looks like its sold out online -- here's to hoping some show up in-store and not crammed into one of those plastic cases or strapped with those annoying straps!

Well darn, have a BB cert that's going to expire this week and was hoping to use it on this, but looks like its sold out online -- here's to hoping some show up in-store and not crammed into one of those plastic cases or strapped with those annoying straps!
I believe the term is spider-wrap.

I saw that higher up in the thread. But UPS loves to play games with me. Pun not intended.
As expected:

• Originally to be delivered 10/13 between 1:45 and 5:45
  • Rescheduled to today between 1:45 and 5:45
  • Not here by then, checked again and scheduled for end of day today
  • Got an email saying new delivery date, 10/13 by end of day
Just send me the first email saying 10/13 and be done with it. :)

tumblr_lrs2ki7gUk1qao5mko1_1280.jpg

I've never had a pre-order in-store pickup spider-wrapped. I think they take the shipment to the store and directly set aside the pre-orders in the back, and only the ones that get to the shelf get wrapped.

At least, that would be the only logical way to handle this. :/

I've never had a pre-order in-store pickup spider-wrapped. I think they take the shipment to the store and directly set aside the pre-orders in the back, and only the ones that get to the shelf get wrapped.

At least, that would be the only logical way to handle this. :/
It's only happened to me once and I asked to get another one, luckily there was another on the shelf. Not sure which game it was though, it's been a long time.

So this game doesn't have the premium Atlus price, huh? That's a surprise. I'm not fond of the visual style (looks like an early DS game), but I'll probably try it out once the digital version is discounted enough.

Last edited:
I'm glad I checked this morning. Just got one from BB.
I was at my local one bank Aladdin and I swung by the video game section to take a look. Really disappointed to see the game was out with the spider wrap all over it. I may just pay more and get it without damage from game stop

Got my game from BB today. It came in a bubble mailer. The outer box had creases and dents. But I don't care. The book and the CD were fine. It beats having to drive to BB.

Got my game from BB today. It came in a bubble mailer. The outer box had creases and dents. But I don't care. The book and the CD were fine. It beats having to drive to BB.
I got mine today, too. Came in a box with air pouches for insulation. Has a crease on one side, but otherwise good to go. Also stopped by local best buy and saw two in stock...that were spider wrapped.

got my copy from BB as well.. along with Corpse Party and Dengeki Bunko for vita, all in separate boxes.

Both of the vita games had minor dents/caving, but this game is minty.

Mine came in a box that was far too small.  The game was packed at an angle, and it was squeezed in tightly.  The shipping box was semi beat up, and the game box is crushed on literally every side.  No rips or holes, but still bummed about it.  I have had some good luck with these "a bit too large to really be shipping in a bubble mailer even though they sometimes do it anyways" games, but that seems to have run out.

Hmm, could try to swap it out in store tomorrow seeing as it is still in stock.  I think I will give that a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine today, too. Came in a box with air pouches for insulation. Has a crease on one side, but otherwise good to go. Also stopped by local best buy and saw two in stock...that were spider wrapped.
This is how mine came in today. I was a little surprised, I was expecting a bubble mailer. Box was large and there were plenty of air pockets to prevent it from moving around. Game box was in great condition.

I got a bubble mailer with some creases on the side. Well it could've been worse, but the hard cd case and artbook keep the box fairly sturdy.

Mine came in a box that was far too small. The game was packed at an angle, and it was squeezed in tightly. The shipping box was semi beat up, and the game box is crushed on literally every side. No rips or holes, but still bummed about it. I have had some good luck with these "a bit too large to really be shipping in a bubble mailer even though they sometimes do it anyways" games, but that seems to have run out.

Hmm, could try to swap it out in store tomorrow seeing as it is still in stock. I think I will give that a shot.
thats what i did at bestbuy. I took my dented one to bestbuy but left in car and checked if they had a nice copy in the store and bought it then returned the mailed one for card refund.

So, sometimes, for reasons unknown, UPS (via Amazon) does not leave my package in the common area of my apartment and says a signature is required. 

This is weird, because they will deliver the item the next day without a signature. 

Any who ... called Amazon, cancelled my order, got a refund and secured a copy at BB with GCU. 

Was in 3 different Best Buy locations today(work stuff, long story) and saw 6 copies of this in store. All were spider wrapped so tightly the box was basically cut into. 

Went to a Gamestop and bought their last one which was mint. Just too much damage for me on something "special" like a launch edition even with GCU.

Well i had pre ordered this and corpse party at GS as well as BBY. Keeping the BBY ones and planning to return the probably shipped in bubble mailer BBY orders to GS. Kinda dicked, but fuck gamestop. Picked up my GS orders today and gotta say, im surprised at how big this thing is! My GS had 3 copies and 2 were actually creased and crushed. I'm glad i got there early today

Surprisingly i got like 4 packages from BBY today all in actual boxes. Didn't open them yet but wonder if they are those games and the replacement for Fighting Climax that i ordered

Was waiting for a BB gift card to come in the mail (and I got it yesterday) now I'm hoping that my store didn't spider-wrap all of them.  Really don't want to pick it up at GS when I can save so much more at BB.  I mean, I guess I'll spend the GC on Halo5 anyway, but that GCU...

I'm really surprised that people who call the shots at BB can't see how much of a terrible idea it is to put spider wrap on an item like this. 

I mean, this is a niche game ... 

If I asked this before, feel free to queue the gifs but otherwise:

This thing any good? I almost bought it last night but considering the demo feedback, I'm thinking I should hold out until that sweet $20 spot...Besides, I did pick up DQH and Zestria's six days away!

If I asked this before, feel free to queue the gifs but otherwise:

This thing any good? I almost bought it last night but considering the demo feedback, I'm thinking I should hold out until that sweet $20 spot...Besides, I did pick up DQH and Zestria's six days away!
Depends on what kind of gamer you are. Reading the above, seems like you are a big tales fan, and I would just wait in that case.

Me? I am playing Metal Gear and this to keep me busy for Xenoblade ... pretty much bought a wii u for that game.

I'm really surprised that people who call the shots at BB can't see how much of a terrible idea it is to put spider wrap on an item like this.

I mean, this is a niche game ...
Can't blame them or realistically expect them to even know what a spider wrap is. The further up you go the ladder less of the bottom you see. It's a nationwide billion dollar company, cant expect them to dwell on the tiniest detail or even have time. It's like thinking the president should pay attention to you because you got a ticket from a traffic cam when the light was green.

It's the dept managers and employees that should take the customer into consideration because that's what they are there for. Even then taking special care of a ce of a niche 3ds game they probablly only got a couple copies of in is asking a lot.

Can't blame them or realistically expect them to even know what a spider wrap is. The further up you go the ladder less of the bottom you see. It's a nationwide billion dollar company, cant expect them to dwell on the tiniest detail or even have time. It's like thinking the president should pay attention to you because you got a ticket from a traffic cam when the light was green.

It's the dept managers and employees that should take the customer into consideration because that's what they are there for. Even then taking special care of a ce of a niche 3ds game they probablly only got a couple copies of in is asking a lot.
I noticed the local Best Buy received three copies of Corpse Party and apparently spiderwrapped them then realized the spiderwrap damaged the boxes, so they unspiderwrapped them and put them into big plastic cases. Unfortunately, all three boxes were already mangled. I'll bet those copies will never sell as nobody buying a nice boxed CE is going to want mangled boxes.

I would imagine a good store manager would get word of upset customers on limited editions eventually. I doubt this decision is made by the CEO.

I noticed the local Best Buy received three copies of Corpse Party and apparently spiderwrapped them then realized the spiderwrap damaged the boxes, so they unspiderwrapped them and put them into big plastic cases. Unfortunately, all three boxes were already mangled. I'll bet those copies will never sell as nobody buying a nice boxed CE is going to want mangled boxes.
Some people buy a game to play, and there is no regular edition.

Some people buy a game to play, and there is no regular edition.
Just because you buy a game to play doesn't mean you are ok with badly mangled packaging. It's possible and common for people to actually play games and still care about packaging, especially with a very niche game that is specifically designed as a deluxe collectible.

Just because you buy a game to play doesn't mean you are ok with badly mangled packaging. It's possible and common for people to actually play games and still care about packaging, especially with a very niche game that is specifically designed as a deluxe collectible.
There are people who cares about games collectibles/extras and there are others who don't. I am already seeing people selling artbook and sound while keeping the game on ebay. To say they will never sell is a bit of a stretch.

There are people who cares about games collectibles/extras and there are others who don't. I am already seeing people selling artbook and sound while keeping the game on ebay. To say they will never sell is a bit of a stretch.
I guess, but this same store has a bunch of older niche Japanese CE games that are equally mangled and that have been sitting there since launch months and in some cases over a year ago. Unless the game sells out and becomes valuable, I doubt people are going to buy these copies when they can be had elsewhere in undamaged condition.

I'm fairly disappointed with Best Buy, this is the second limited edition that they've sent to me in a bubble mailer.
They have joined the likes of Amazon in shipping most of my games in bubble mailers... Newegg is by far the worst, they ship everything in bubble mailers.

So it's likely either spider-wrap or crushed package... hm...

bread's done
Back