Legend of Legacy: Launch Edition (3DS)

Honestly, I think we should just make our voices heard on this issue. Anyone upset about getting packages in poor condition, whether from spider wrap or bad shipping, should make sure Best Buy knows we don't like it.

Honestly, I think we should just make our voices heard on this issue. Anyone upset about getting packages in poor condition, whether from spider wrap or bad shipping, should make sure Best Buy knows we don't like it.
With all the returns you would think the would get a clue

I would guess most of us don't care. The only reason we are getting the LEs is that they are the only ones available. I just want the game, the extras just go into my drawer.

When I swapped mine out yesterday it was done without paperwork or a transaction. I gave them my beat up one and they gave me a better one. This type of exchange wouldn't land on anyone's radar...

So I took my chances with Spider Wrap over Bubble mailer - went to the store as they had "pick up in store" available.  Got there and sadly didn't see any stock on the floor anywhere.  Went to CS and they said they JUST had someone less than 5 minutes prior doing an exchange for one (trading a beat-up mail one for a store copy), but he'd check the back room.  Came back out a few minutes later with a nice minty fresh one sans spider-wrap! :D/

Also, love that artbook.  I like the little artists/designers notes they kept in there, really a nice touch!

When I swapped mine out yesterday it was done without paperwork or a transaction. I gave them my beat up one and they gave me a better one. This type of exchange wouldn't land on anyone's radar...
Yea that's true, wish their was another way we could let them know about it then.

Went to the best buy in madison heights, MI to pick this up. They had a few on the shelves and they were all in those nice plastic cases instead of spider wrap. Whoever told them to do that should get a raise!

How is everyone liking the game? Trying to kill that hawk in the desert atm. (Heard he is a great way to level skills, that you need at least 200hp. I'm at 177hp and had a decent battle with him before getting wiped. Back to the grind, I guess!)

So I took my chances with Spider Wrap over Bubble mailer - went to the store as they had "pick up in store" available. Got there and sadly didn't see any stock on the floor anywhere. Went to CS and they said they JUST had someone less than 5 minutes prior doing an exchange for one (trading a beat-up mail one for a store copy), but he'd check the back room. Came back out a few minutes later with a nice minty fresh one sans spider-wrap! :D/

Also, love that artbook. I like the little artists/designers notes they kept in there, really a nice touch!
You're lucky they didn't deicide to spider wrap it before bring it out to you. That happens a lot.

It's all just numbers in a system, of course they won't get a clue. It isn't like they pay someone to sit and watch every items return rate and say "hey a lot of people returned this item, I should start an investigation as to why and poll people's opinions".

Can't assume a giant company will "get a clue" over a few returns on a relatively small game.

It's all just numbers in a system, of course they won't get a clue. It isn't like they pay someone to sit and watch every items return rate and say "hey a lot of people returned this item, I should start an investigation as to why and poll people's opinions".

Can't assume a giant company will "get a clue" over a few returns on a relatively small game.
lol, ok.

I grinded some skills in the game last night using the giant bird in the Roaring Valley. I think all the game is is exploring the maps and grinding.

On a related note, I preordered Stella Glow from BB this week. $40 after GCU and I had a $5 reward cert.

Figured my game would have arrived by now. Checked the tracking info this morning and saw this:

"We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. this may cause at least one business day delay."

That's a new one. Well , probably not, but I've never seen them (UPS) admit to it before.

Looks like they righted the ship and it will be showing up today, though. But so will Yoshi WW, and the kids are awfully excited for Yoshi.

I grinded some skills in the game last night using the giant bird in the Roaring Valley. I think all the game is is exploring the maps and grinding.

On a related note, I preordered Stella Glow from BB this week. $40 after GCU and I had a $5 reward cert.
yea game is boring as hell.... to to ebay my copy had enough of it... hopefully glow is a lot better

Saw one copy at the local Best Buy but it was spider-wrapped to oblivion.  It'll probably be there for a while considering how bad of a shape the packaging was in.

I ordered 2 copies for shipping just hoping they would send them in a box with a few other items. The tossed them in a bubble mailer smashed to hell. 

I got a 10$ off coupon in the mail for best buy, figured I would use it for this. There are so many other vita and 3ds things for me to get, but this seemed worth a buy. $32.53 brand new after tax (free shipping).

I got lucky price match with amazon for $19.79. I did not the version i pm is import version. Oh well :)
I wonder how often this happens, the last couple times they havn't even asked to see my phone display, they just ask how much it is. They either don't check at all or they become price match nazis, reading all the fine print and calling to see if it's in stock at other stores.

I got a pretty big kick last night when Atlus USA was streaming Stella Glow & people were talking in chat about the story (or lack there of) in Legend of Legacy & even the Atlus guys were kinda dogging it admitting that it's pretty basic if non existent. The catch is that during their Legend of Legacy stream they were actually claiming the story was "pretty good" lol

So only once the masses realize that it's shite do they acknowledge it (aka copies have been sold).

The value for Chibi Robo Zip Lash is $1. I thought Codename STEAM was bad, I'm amazed by what a bomb that game was...
Have you played Codename Steam? The game is much better than people realize. It suffered from the poor reveal and artstyle. It's actually a good strategy game that I would recommend, especially at the current prices it can be found.

Have you played Codename Steam? The game is much better than people realize. It suffered from the poor reveal and artstyle. It's actually a good strategy game that I would recommend, especially at the current prices it can be found.
Wasn't talking about gameplay... I was talking about bombing in sales.

I'm pretty amazed that Codename Steam did so bad too.  I really enjoyed the gameplay and story and the fact that FE characters could be used in it was just an awesome bonus (assuming you were able to get the FE amiibo of course).

I got a pretty big kick last night when Atlus USA was streaming Stella Glow & people were talking in chat about the story (or lack there of) in Legend of Legacy & even the Atlus guys were kinda dogging it admitting that it's pretty basic if non existent. The catch is that during their Legend of Legacy stream they were actually claiming the story was "pretty good" lol

So only once the masses realize that it's shite do they acknowledge it (aka copies have been sold).
Having played this game for some odd 26 hours, I can honestly say that I'm enjoying it. The story is fed to you in bits and pieces in a very subtle way, which is great, as long as you don't mind that kind of thing. One thing I can say is that the dialogue, while sparse, is well written. This game isn't some trite Final Fantasy garbage about saving the world. Also, this game never tries to coddle you at any point, so the challenge aspect might appeal to the more hardcore among you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game trades in for $20 at Target currently.  If the TIV holds up one more week, we'll be able to get back $40 during the 2x trade promo next week.  Not bad, especially if you bought it at BB with GCU.

This game trades in for $20 at Target currently. If the TIV holds up one more week, we'll be able to get back $40 during the 2x trade promo next week. Not bad, especially if you bought it at BB with GCU.
meijers has 2x this week heard meijers uses same data base not sure though

meijers has 2x this week heard meijers uses same data base not sure though
Yes, both chains are partnered with NextWorth (as well as Fred Meyer):

426040.jpg

Crap seen flyer     3ds  games  Do not count for double.      can either  sell it for 28 + shipping to someone or hope target gives 40 for it..then again  got 600 at target now 

bread's done
Back