Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess free (or discounted!) at EBGames with trade-ins

masterh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
For those of you who aren't reading every page of the Nintendogs trade-in topic, EBGames has started a new deal today - trade in any 5 PS2, XBOX, and GC titles (POX excluded) and get Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess preordered for free.

UPDATED: According to the EBGames clerk, this deal will not expire until Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is released.
IN ADDITION, the clerk told me that you don't have to have 5 games to get the discount - basically, ANY non-POX title you trade in will get you $10 off the game. So if you only have two non-POX titles, you get $20 off.

[quote name='m0dem']Already been asked and answered its YMMV[/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance, but what is YMMV?

Edit: Never mind, found the answer.

Im going right now to do the trade-in...

Super Smash Bros
Max Payne 2
Cabela's Big Game Hunter
Kessen II
Midway Arcade Treasures

Wish Me Good Luck

Thanks OP and other posters. This was pretty cool, and I managed to dig through some unopened games of mine from TRU and bought a 3 best buy (with coupon) games for the trade in. Here is what I used:
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for Gamecube - $4 TRU
Max Payne 2 PS2 - $5 BB
Hunter something PS2 - $5 BB
Reel Fishing 3 PS2 - $5 TRU
Beyond Good Evil - $5 BB

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']OK, have a question. Let's say I grab 5 games from BB ($5 each after coupon) and get my "free" LOZ:TTP. After about 2 months of waiting something else comes out or I want to set that money towards a Nintendo DS, will I get the $50 or will it then transfer into what my original trade in was?[/QUOTE]

I transferred a Ndogs preorder to We Love Katamari today . . . then I cancelled a Nascar preorder taking the $49.99 on my Edge card.

Wanted to make sure I could because some are saying this is becoming YMMV . . . I had no problems.

I haven't transferred a Zelda preorder because I avoided this one in favor of the Nascar deal (4 games for $50 instead of 5).

[quote name='David85']How many games do I have to trade in in order to get a REV? Because It's obivous Zelda is going there.[/QUOTE]

Shut. Up.

[quote name='pop311']even though I don't want it to be true, Zelda will probably get delayed even further and eventually end up on the REV[/QUOTE]

Oh My God. Shut Up Already. Capital Letters For Every Word To Emphasize.

It's already being developed for GC. The cost of switching it to the rev would be more than simply keeping it on the GC.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Oh My God. Shut Up Already. Capital Letters For Every Word To Emphasize.

It's already being developed for GC. The cost of switching it to the rev would be more than simply keeping it on the GC.[/QUOTE]

Your probably right but this is Nintendo, it's not like they haven't done this sort of thing before.

just to clarify, I am a huge Zelda fan and if this game gets delayed agian I will be pissed. This is nintendo and they will do something funky so I will keep my expectations low about the release date, but I will keep my expectations Very High for the game.

[quote name='Rictor']Is this deal dead or is EB still doing this since the game isn't out yet?[/QUOTE]

Wow - way to dredge up ancient topics. I think this deal died in November around when the original release date was supposed to be. EB hasn't had a good trade X games for a free preorder/game promo since then...

[quote name='Rictor']Is this deal dead or is EB still doing this since the game isn't out yet?[/QUOTE]

deal was dead as of 11/2/05. If EB continues to do any trade in deals for Zelda, it will prob be Trade in 3 games and get 10% trade in credit towards Zelda, or 4 games =20% towards Zelda, and 5 games get 30% trade in credit towards zelda. They seem to be doing the percentage thing now instead of the old trade in deals. Only XBOX360 games are getting the trade in ___ get this free.

bread's done
Back