LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Darthjer']Ok. I gotta figure somebody on here will know. What is the "technical" name (on Bricklink, or you know, in life) for the baseplate that comes with the Series 1-4 Minifigures? I tried variations on 3x4 in the regular and modified plate sections, but couldn't find it.

(I'm still a Lego noob, but should be qualifying as "intermediate" sometime this year.)[/QUOTE]

88646 Black Tile, Modified 4 x 3 with 4 Studs in Center

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=88646

Every Lego piece has a part number. Type it in on bricklink or wherever and you should get the name. Just for future reference.

ok so here's the deal...I just bought some legos off CL...lady wanted 75 bucks for the whole lot - no clue what sets or how much - I get there and there are 4 tubs of legos (and some mixed in mega bloks just 2 larges sets from what I can tell of these some dragon set and huge say viking boat)....the 3 tubs are standard 18 gallon type - the other 4 ft long x 2 ft x 2ft - COMPLETELY FULL of legos! :)

so would anyone be interested in helping id some of the sets if posted pics and uploaded to like say photobucket???? there is definitely a Millenium Falcon - but not sure which one...

[quote name='prim4444']TRU 5/15 - 5/21

20% off all Cars 2 Lego sets.[/QUOTE]

A TRU mailer just came in today's mail with a coupon on the front for $10 off a $50 purchase good 5/6-5/28. (it says for rewards members on it) Could make this deal even better.

[quote name='JediKiller24']A TRU mailer just came in today's mail with a coupon on the front for $10 off a $50 purchase good 5/6-5/28. (it says for rewards members on it) Could make this deal even better.[/QUOTE]

There was also some 5 off 25 coupons at the register for two different periods, one is during the cars 2 sale for those that don't want to spend 50

Space Police Galactic Enforcer hit the 75% off clearance at my Target this morning. I picked up a couple. Might want to check your Target to see if your store also marked them down.

[quote name='bigtaco55']Space Police Galactic Enforcer hit the 75% off clearance at my Target this morning. I picked up a couple. Might want to check your Target to see if your store also marked them down.[/QUOTE]

El Horder bought all 12 a week ago when it was at 50%. 1 Day they were all there, the next all gone.

So Thursday is Toy Clearance?

[quote name='lordopus99']El Horder bought all 12 a week ago when it was at 50%. 1 Day they were all there, the next all gone.

So Thursday is Toy Clearance?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he could do a "change payment method" and get his 300 back

25 bucks for that would be nice

I picked up mine a long time ago for 60 at a different local store

[quote name='scp89']
so would anyone be interested in helping id some of the sets if posted pics and uploaded to like say photobucket???? there is definitely a Millenium Falcon - but not sure which one...[/QUOTE]

Best way is to get the specialty pieces and check either Bricklink or Peeron. Once you find the part on BL or Peeron, it will tell you which sets that part came in. Once you've seen the inventory of each set, you can then try to see if you have those other parts in your lot.

[quote name='bigtaco55']Space Police Galactic Enforcer hit the 75% off clearance at my Target this morning. I picked up a couple. Might want to check your Target to see if your store also marked them down.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I'm just trying to find one. Willing to ship me one?

On another note. LEGO store near me has a surplus of the exclusive ARF Troopers and are now selling them for $9.99. :roll:

[quote name='JAYMATIK']On another note. LEGO store near me has a surplus of the exclusive ARF Troopers and are now selling them for $9.99. :roll:[/QUOTE]

$10 for a minifig of 5 pieces? Geez man, LEGO really loves to give their customers the shaft with these "exclusive", "limited", "special edition", "hard to find", "ZOMG! Rare here!" sets.

[quote name='lordopus99']El Horder bought all 12 a week ago when it was at 50%. 1 Day they were all there, the next all gone.

So Thursday is Toy Clearance?[/QUOTE]
Three weeks ago the store somewhat near me had 9-10. After much deliberation I bought one at $50. Good thing too, because they all vanished.

I was going to get another if they hit 75% off because I am lovin' Space Police. Ah well.

I'm guessing El Hoardo or salvage happened and both scenarios make me sad. :cry:

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Best way is to get the specialty pieces and check either Bricklink or Peeron. Once you find the part on BL or Peeron, it will tell you which sets that part came in. Once you've seen the inventory of each set, you can then try to see if you have those other parts in your lot.
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I've done when trying to figure out what sets I've gotten. I wouldn't mind seeing pics of your haul though, scp89 :)

New Creator house:

gallery_2351_21_7705.jpg

So I decided during lunch to go to the Target closest to the college in town and low and behold I found 8 to 9 Space Police GE so I grabbed one. While I was there I grabbed a Lotso Dump Truck for 4.98 that I found.

The SP3 ship I'd love for $50 nevermind $25. But at soon as they labeled them $71 3-4 were gone in less than a week. I haven't been up there in a few weeks.

Cool House, but the "hill" will probably jack the price up and make it a $70 set instead of a $50.

Really? I'd expect the Hillside House to come in at $59.99 at most. The "hill" is pretty simple, it's not like they're packing in fancy plates or anything to make the hill.

And even at $60, it'd be the worst bargain yet in the Creator line as far as bucks per brick goes. It's got something like 700 bricks.

I'm guessing (hoping?) it comes in at no more than $49.99. That seems about right.

EDIT: Also, there are some cool alternate builds to the Hillside. One of 'em has a LEGO jacuzzi. Niiiice.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Do the Architect Series ever go on sale? Borders use to be a decent place to pick them up, but their coupons now exclude toys. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Watch for B&N coupons because they carry the Architect series at MSRP.

The hillside house is 50 pounds, that equals at least $60 if you compare the prices with the sets out now.

LEGO prices make no since at all, but even a simple hill will add at least $10-$15 on it.

[quote name='absolut3']speaking of B&N, did anyone's preorder for lego POTC sets get cancelled? They cancelled all of mine![/QUOTE]

Same here! Im so pissed because i passed on the TRU deal because of BN and now i don't have either >_

[quote name='bigdaddy']The SP3 ship I'd love for $50 nevermind $25. But at soon as they labeled them $71 3-4 were gone in less than a week. I haven't been up there in a few weeks.

Cool House, but the "hill" will probably jack the price up and make it a $70 set instead of a $50.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the heads up on the Space Police clearance.

While the set at the local store was marked $70.xx, a quick scan revealed the real price of $25.xx. Quickly put that sucker in my cart, and was out of the door. The box was a bit messed up, but after spending some time building some of it, it all looks to be there. Very nice set indeed.

[quote name='etcrane']Watch for B&N coupons because they carry the Architect series at MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I should be able to post the next 30% off coupon soon. Signed up on another email account a couple days ago, so I am thinking I should get it tomorrow.

Somebody got the last 2 Galactic Enforcers in my local Target before I got there today. And with gas hitting $4, I have no incentive at all to drive 30 miles to check other stores. If anybody is still looking for this set just use this link...

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&dpci=204-00-0164

Skiizim, Upland and Rancho Targets show as "available" which should mean they have more than 3...however, they could still be $100!

[quote name='180husher']Somebody got the last 2 Galactic Enforcers in my local Target before I got there today. And with gas hitting $4, I have no incentive at all to drive 30 miles to check other stores. If anybody is still looking for this set just use this link...

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&dpci=204-00-0164

Skiizim, Upland and Rancho Targets show as "available" which should mean they have more than 3...however, they could still be $100![/QUOTE]

I'll look to pick up a couple more (scored one during the previous Target clearance in January for $3x.xx or something like that). Note that if you're really interested in a particular set on clearance at Target, you could call every Target store near you whether they have the set you want in stock or not, ask for customer service and request a price check - give them the DPCI # for the set in question.

If the price is $25.xx and they have it in stock, go and buy it directly there. If the price is $25.xx and they don't have it in stock, find a store that has it in stock at full price or a higher clearance price, buy it there, and try to "change payment" at the store with the lowest clearance price. That's how I got a bunch of the $100+ sets for 50% and even 75% during the January clearance. Took a little bit of work but $49.xx for the King's Castle and Battle for Endor were a steal.

[quote name='180husher']Somebody got the last 2 Galactic Enforcers in my local Target before I got there today. And with gas hitting $4, I have no incentive at all to drive 30 miles to check other stores. If anybody is still looking for this set just use this link...

Skiizim, Upland and Rancho Targets show as "available" which should mean they have more than 3...however, they could still be $100![/QUOTE]

The store I picked it up from in Riverside at 50% off is showing limited availability I might go back and check after work tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up!

@karkyco, I read in the Target thread and I think I even mentioned it here that the method in question is very YMMV.

Heads up to anyone with a Borders nearby:

Apparently on Saturday the 7th at 2pm they're giving away a "free" PQ Scarab Attack (7305) to customers in conjunction with a release party for some new book. The ad just says "while supplies last, 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult," so it doesn't sound like you need to actually buy the book.

[quote name='karkyco']I'll look to pick up a couple more (scored one during the previous Target clearance in January for $3x.xx or something like that). Note that if you're really interested in a particular set on clearance at Target, you could call every Target store near you whether they have the set you want in stock or not, ask for customer service and request a price check - give them the DPCI # for the set in question.

If the price is $25.xx and they have it in stock, go and buy it directly there. If the price is $25.xx and they don't have it in stock, find a store that has it in stock at full price or a higher clearance price, buy it there, and try to "change payment" at the store with the lowest clearance price. That's how I got a bunch of the $100+ sets for 50% and even 75% during the January clearance. Took a little bit of work but $49.xx for the King's Castle and Battle for Endor were a steal.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to clearance items, I wouldn't risk calling the store for an employee working might not realize the clearance item and scoop it up for themselves. I know they have done this in the past with electronics. So IOW it is not recommended.

Wow, so I was just checking the inventory to see if there're any sets available locally. A hoarder must be at work in the area, as ALL stores in the area that had any sets (Space Police) left have changed from Available to 'out of stock' within the last 45 minutes (all these stores open at 8:00 a.m.)

[quote name='dragonjud']Wow, so I was just checking the inventory to see if there're any sets available locally. A hoarder must be at work in the area, as ALL stores in the area that had any sets (Space Police) left have changed from Available to 'out of stock' within the last 45 minutes (all these stores open at 8:00 a.m.)[/QUOTE]

It's usually Thursdays/Fridays in my area when they do the toy drops.

Where were you guys able to see the store stock levels of the galactic enforcer sets on Targets website? My son has a birthday coming up and this would be a perfect present to add to the mix.

[quote name='DCriminal']Where were you guys able to see the store stock levels of the galactic enforcer sets on Targets website? My son has a birthday coming up and this would be a perfect present to add to the mix.[/QUOTE]

There's a link in my post above...only stores in NOVA that might have one are Falls Church or Potomac Mills. However, they say limited availability
which means only 1 or 2 left if any at all. Might want to call ahead so you don't waste time or gas.

Edit: I wouldn't put too much trust into the online inventory checker as stores that I know sold out are showing some in stock today! I called and they couldn't find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a few Galactic Enforcers at Target this morning for $25.xx. They also had a few Hagrids Hut sets that were on damaged item clearance so i picked one of those as well.

[quote name='ackbar7']I should be able to post the next 30% off coupon soon. Signed up on another email account a couple days ago, so I am thinking I should get it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.
I was stunned when I looked at Borders prices. Falling Rain was $139.99... WOW!!

Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread. About a month ago I bought my kids the $8 Star Wars Battle Packs while we were shopping at Target. Now we're hooked. I've since spent $500+ on Legos for myself, er, I mean for them.

I have fond memories of Legos while I was growing up. I gave them all away when I went off to college, wish I kept them now.

Going to check around now for that clearance Enforcer. Anything space related (Star Wars, Space Police, Creator Space Shuttle, etc.) are huge hits in my household.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Awesome.
I was stunned when I looked at Borders prices. Falling Rain was $139.99... WOW!![/QUOTE]

Yeah ... Borders has gone to hell ... the company is done

It's hilarious to think they shut down 90% of their stores and think they can save the remaining few that are left by raising prices to amounts no one will pay and pumping out coupons with so many new restrictions that they are far worse than anything they ever used to put out.

They should have just closed completely ... they will be gone in less than a year.

I bought the last SP3 set for 50.50.

I also saw some series 4 minifigures at Target, a first! It's a nice day so I only felt 3-4 and got a hockey player.

And welcome Bobo. (awesome name). Leave your credit card at Legos door.

I think Lego is cutting back on catalogs. However I got a new magazine a few days ago, and I'm normally last to get them.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I bought the last SP3 set for 50.50.

I also saw some series 4 minifigures at Target, a first! It's a nice day so I only felt 3-4 and got a hockey player.

And welcome Bobo. (awesome name). Leave your credit card at Legos door.

I think Lego is cutting back on catalogs. However I got a new magazine a few days ago, and I'm normally last to get them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome. I'm lucky to have 4 Targets on the way home from work. Stopped by all 4 for the Enforcer. The online inventory checker said all 4 had limited availability but came up empty. Boo.

My kids and I are tagging along with Mom to the mall tomorrow. She's happy about that. Of course that mall has a Lego Store...

[quote name='BoboTheBear']Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread. About a month ago I bought my kids the $8 Star Wars Battle Packs while we were shopping at Target. Now we're hooked. I've since spent $500+ on Legos for myself, er, I mean for them.

I have fond memories of Legos while I was growing up. I gave them all away when I went off to college, wish I kept them now.

Going to check around now for that clearance Enforcer. Anything space related (Star Wars, Space Police, Creator Space Shuttle, etc.) are huge hits in my household.[/QUOTE]

Dude, get out while you can.

Seriously, the best part of lego collecting is spending time with your child/kids. We have a ton of fun building then playing with them. I also like the thrill of the hunt for really good deals on lego sets. I usually buy several sets, if the deal is really good, and will ebay one set to help fund the set we keep.

At our house, Star Wars, City (Trains), and Toy Story lego are the ones we buy.

I just got really lucky on an ebay find. Someone had listed a used but complete with box Lego 5979 Space Police Max Security with a buy it now of $38.99 shipped. Considering that's about 1/2 the price they usually go for, even opened ones, it didn't take long for me to decide to get it.

Now I'm only missing Space Truck Getaway, Freeze Ray Frenzy, and Gold Heist to have the entire Space Police 3 line.

I don't know if anyone else went to the book release party at Borders, but I walked out with 2 free Scarab Attack sets. Went to the mall next to it, stopped at the Lego Store, and decided to indulge in a few more minifigs (picked out two figure skaters) and the AC Alien Striker.

Both the Scarab Attack and the Alien Striker are pretty nice little builds. The scarab actually looks good despite only being about 25 pieces.

I got lucky and found 2 75%off Galactic Enforcers at Target. The inventory checker said out of stock, but there they were... Felt like I won the lottery!

Did anyone go to the Ninjago camp today at TRU? I was going to go but I had some last minute problems that prevented me from going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back