LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TheHelix']Yay B wing is back.

Found some Kreo Starscreams today for 14.98.[/QUOTE]

Where/what store? (Its not LEGO, but I like the G1 minifigs.)

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Where/what store? (Its not LEGO, but I like the G1 minifigs.)[/QUOTE]

One of my local Targets had them on clearance.

[quote name='DariusWIND']Friday and Saturday the Millennium Falcon, Pod Racer and Republic Frigate are all 25% off at TRU.[/QUOTE]
Saw this on the website, but was there a print add for it? I just bought MF for full price yesterday @ Wal-Mart. If it is in a print ad, I can probably get a price adjustment.

[quote name='donniedroc']Saw this on the website, but was there a print add for it? I just bought MF for full price yesterday @ Wal-Mart. If it is in a print ad, I can probably get a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

why don't you just buy from toys r us and return it to walmart

[quote name='absolut3']why don't you just buy from toys r us and return it to walmart[/QUOTE]
Good question...I bought MF using $75 WalMart store credit & the rest cash. I would have to outlay the entire $115+tax @TRU.

[quote name='Broseph']Balls. I missed this somehow.

Anyhow, I gave them a call and the kid on the phone said "I doubt you could build a complete figure at this point". Damn.[/QUOTE]

Hey Broseph!! I made a post a while back when I saw them available at my store and recommended checking your local store for availability. Don't hesitate to ask, "Can you check your BAM reserves?". Some of us don't mind going the extra mile looking for a particular element.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You can't build a complete minicfigure because they are always missing the special pieces like the clown hair and horn.[/QUOTE]

This is partially true. We won't have the accessory, or cape, but we do carry the hair piece or hat for the minifigure. Also, make sure to check the grab bags at your store! You'll find some awesome pieces in them from time to time from sets that are damaged in transit.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='donniedroc']Saw this on the website, but was there a print add for it? I just bought MF for full price yesterday @ Wal-Mart. If it is in a print ad, I can probably get a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's in the ad, I think it's just some of the weekly deals they do. I wish TRU still price matched, damn $10 TRU tax. It's still a great buy for $112 and even better if you have some coupons to go along with it.

Apparently from what I've read elsewhere, the 20% Facebook coupon is stacking with the Star Wars sale online at toysrus.com if you remove the "free with purchase" items. Would have been a great time to pick up the Death Star...if it was in stock and I actually had the money to buy it.

[quote name='jbz']what 20% FB coupon? The only one I had expired already :([/QUOTE]

There's a new one out. Check TRU's FB page.

FYI: Tried using the FB coupon in person and was denied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Five Below is a cool store.

Stupid pun not needed.

I bought 10 minifigures there, found a hidden Godzilla. Then went to TRU and they had several boxes, one new, so I finished the series off. Also got three godzillas. The legs are shit, easily the worst I have seen in the last three series.

[quote name='fuerza']There's a new one out. Check TRU's FB page.

FYI: Tried using the FB coupon in person and was denied.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not supposed to work on sale prices so I didn't have much faith it would work in store. I'm surprised that it supposedly is working online. It seems like every coupon they put out now can't be stacked with other deals, which sucks. I remember last year getting a sale price, coupon discount, and free item with purchase all in one transaction.

[quote name='jbz']I must be blind...I don't see a new coupon, only the one that expired on Aug 14th[/QUOTE]

same, any kind soul have a link please?

thanks!

The coupon was there earlier, if you google "toysrus facebook" and hit the catch you can see where the 20% coupon would have been. Maybe it was limited?!?! I didn't have time to print it out so I'm bummed out about it.

If you have a Kroger Marketplace nearby, you may want to check for clearance deals. The one in Beavercreek, OH has some sets for 40% off MSRP. The ones I saw included the small $10.00 police copter, Atlantis Angler, 7976 Ocean Speeder, 8057 Wreck Raider, and Flo's V8 Cafe. Picked up Flo's...I couldn't resist all the unique pieces and printed parts at $36 bucks.

We are starting to learn more about the 2012 sets. The new (lame because it wont have normal minifigures) theme called Friends will have normal pieces in girly colors and cupcakes and a porcupine (I think that is what I read). There will be 23 sets.

Rumours of a LOTR theme are back for the new movie.

The new forest police station will contain a bear. I hope it's not a new mold, I like the old one just fine.

[quote name='bigdaddy'] Friends will have normal pieces in girly colors and cupcakes and a porcupine (I think that is what I read). There will be 23 sets.
[/QUOTE]

23? Holy crap. Though I suppose if you count all the promo and spinner sets, Ninjago has that beat by quite a bit.

I really wish it was normal figures too. Hopefully it has less "specialty" (i.e. worthless) pieces than Belville did and more standard Lego bricks.

Found a new in box (well the box isn't in the greatest of shape but it's unopened) copy of Lego Exo Force: Cyclone Defender at the thrift for 5. I wish I could find older sets like this! I may sell it off to buy more Lego. What do people think about Exo Force?

It seems friends will be better than Bellville because the minifigure dolls are still buildable in four parts.

And Exo-Force year 1 and 3 are awesome. I have most of year 1. Year two actually destroyed the theme. I really like how it's different and fun unlike NinjaGo which is just weird.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

And Exo-Force year 1 and 3 are awesome. I have most of year 1. Year two actually destroyed the theme. I really like how it's different and fun unlike NinjaGo which is just weird.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Exo-Force was something special, and pushed the big robot mech era.

It just wasn't all that popular. Plenty of great parts and the minifigs were some of the best before the Minifig Series came out.

I think it had one of the largest, the Bridge Walker that I never saw in person but always wanted.

it was how I thought Bionicle should have been.. more lego, less technic and big parts.

Basically it's like the Kreo transformers with minifig pilot cabins.

The $25/$10 off is stacking with the Star Wars sale online at toysrus.com. No clue if the 20% Facebook coupon will still stack too, but it's worth a try if you're looking to purchase one of the larger sets.

Only a few worthwhile sets left in stock, though.

[quote name='elsnerma']The $25/$10 off is stacking with the Star Wars sale online at toysrus.com. No clue if the 20% Facebook coupon will still stack too, but it's worth a try if you're looking to purchase one of the larger sets.

Only a few worthwhile sets left in stock, though.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Amazon partially matched it... The republic frigate is 87.49:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-War...739S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314567260&sr=8-1

[quote name='lordopus99']TRU Next Week

With any Lego construction purchase
Spend $100 get $25 off
Spend $50 get $10 off[/QUOTE]

I bought a fresh unpicked box of s5 minifigures, made 2 seperate transactions of 35 and 25 figs. Grand total of $155.59 after taxes and promotions which saved me almost $40. =D

Picture of my endeavor

[quote name='michaema']Looks like Amazon partially matched it... The republic frigate is 87.49:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-War...739S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314567260&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out!

My Fred Meyer has SW Advent Calendars & Series 5 minifigs and coupons in-store for 20% off $20 or more Toys purchase (I think they're good thru the 3rd). Freddy's usually does chain-wide promotions, but I only went to one, so I'm not sure about your stores.

The 20% off was at the Fred Meyer I went to today, plus it stacks with the weekly 10% off, so I grabbed a few Series 5 minifigs for about 30% off total.

Damn. I don't have access to a printer right now. I was thinking about going in Wednesday and grabbing a few things.

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't seem that the 20% coupon works online anymore on sale items. They must have finally fixed it so that it works only on regularly priced items like it says on the coupon. The Death Star is still a decent deal right now though.

Last Saturday I found some Legos at a garage sale. They were all around 1998-2003 by my estimate, but someone beat me to the Lego Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff which they paid $10 for. Most of the leftovers I got were old City and RESQ minifigs, but 2 bucks for figs and spare parts I can't complain.

[quote name='elsnerma']EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't seem that the 20% coupon works online anymore on sale items. They must have finally fixed it so that it works only on regularly priced items like it says on the coupon. The Death Star is still a decent deal right now though.[/QUOTE]

yeah, tried it a few times to no avail. sucks, that would have been a great price for the Death Star.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Found PQ Flying Mummy Attack for 30% off at Meijer. They also had about a half dozen other sets at 30% off. Mostly Atlantis and other small sets.[/QUOTE]

I love the plane in Flying Mummy Attack. I've scanned it many times hoping for a price drop. I found it in a clearance section at Target a month ago or so but it scanned full price.

On a late night excursion to the Walmart by the highway I found Series 3&5 Minifigs. I got the last two "must haves" for my Series 5 collection - Gangster and Cave Woman. Took about 20 minutes to find a Gangster! Sheeesh.

I also found some weird, old games and a few PSPGo. Didn't scan those. I could barely afford the Minifigs. lol

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Gangster is a bastard to find. Forgot to mention Meijer also had series 4 and 5 minifigs on the endcap in a bin.[/QUOTE]

I must have found the goldmine then. As I got mine at TRU (only have around 10 so far... debating if I want the remaining ones that I am missing), I ran across tons of Gangsters.

Gangster is easy to feel for if you look for the pistol. Only thing that you could confuse that with would possibly be the bone from Cavewoman, but her hairpiece and club could easily clear up that confusion.

The one I had the biggest problem with is mixing up the Detective and Lumberjack. You have to make sure to feel the whole accessory because the hats are fairly similar, and both have handle pieces on the accessory.

Gangster was pretty easy to feel, you have the gun, the case which is smooth with a handle and the hat.

If you guys want, with the box I purchased I figured out the bump code and I can take pictures of them. I opened up 16 by feeling and comparing bumps without opening any duplicates.

EDIT: I just did it anyway, here are the pics and the order starting from the top to bottom. Hope this helps some, I tried looking online for one like the previous sets but didn't find anything that helped me.

clown, zookeeper, fitness instructor, ice fisherman

lumberjack, royal guard, godzilla, evil dwarf

gladiator, graduate, boxer, egyptian queen

The Gladiator and the Egyptian Queen look very similar, I checked for any other distinguishing marks are there aren't any, luckily the queens legs give that one away. Also, just a note, I outlined a box in the boxer. In all 5 of the boxers that I had in the box had that same indentation.

snowboarder, cave woman, gangster, detective

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back