LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']Also looks like the Superman set is only $20 for 209 pieces. Very nice deal.[/QUOTE]

probably not for long. I could see TRU try to charge 26.98 for it.

[quote name='xycury']probably not for long. I could see TRU try to charge 26.98 for it.[/QUOTE]

I mean officially the price looks to be $20. Screw what TRU charges. The Super Hero line is better priced than 2011 sets City sets and the Dino sets.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I mean officially the price looks to be $20. Screw what TRU charges. The Super Hero line is better priced than 2011 sets City sets and the Dino sets.[/QUOTE]

oh 100% agree on that, I'm avoiding all those lines till there's an insane sale or clearance.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will be running the B1G1 50% off again the week before Christmas 12/18 - 12/24. Star Wars is the only exclusion listed.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully more TRU stores will have gotten in the Superheroes stuff at that point.

In other news, there's a pretty big Lego clearance on Target.com right now with almost everything at 50%. (Credit to www.toysnbricks.com)

-LEGO Atlantis City of Atlantis 7985 $34.98
-LEGO Disney Cars 2 Big Bentley Bust Out 8639 $34.98
-LEGO Pharaoh’s Quest Rise of the Sphinx 7326 $24.98
-LEGO Disney Cars 2 Spy Jet Escape 8638 $24.98
-LEGO Duplo Cars 2 The Pit Stop 5829 $24.98
-LEGO Atlantis Undersea Explorer 8080 $21.48
-LEGO Cars 2 Mack’s Team Truck 8486 $19.98
-LEGO Kingdoms King’s Carriage Ambush 7188 $19.99
-LEGO Champion $17.48
-LEGO Power Miners Claw Catcher 8190 $17.48
-LEGO City Truck 3221 $15.74
-LEGO Atlantis Deep Sea Raider 7984 $14.98
-LEGO Cars 2 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen 8484 $14.98
-LEGO Toy Story Pizza Planet Delivery $14.84
-LEGO Prince of Persia Set – The Ostrich Race 7570 $9.98
-LEGO Racers Jagged Jaws Reef 8897 $10.48
-LEGO Duplo Cars 2 Luigi’s Italian Place 5818 $9.98
-LEGO Games System Meteor Strike $9.98
-LEGO Creator Super Speedster 5867 $9.98
-LEGO Atlantis Angler Attack $9.98
-LEGO PIrate Code $7.48
-LEGO Banana Balance $5.48
-LEGO City Police Dog Unit 7285 $5.40

The 30% off sets are

-LEGO Kingdoms Escape from Dragon’s Prison 7187 $13.98
-LEGO Ninjago Spinjitzu Starter Set 2257 $12.60
-LEGO Ninjago Lord Garmadon 2256 $6.30

Remember, if you pay with a Target Debit Card you get 5% off and free shipping on any order.

Personally I first picked up the Deep Sea Raider and then decided I wanted City of Atlantis as well for all those columns so I put in another order.

I need to start looking at this thread now that my son is becoming a Lego fan. Those DC super hero has gotten me and my son excited.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Also looks like the Superman set is only $20 for 209 pieces. Very nice deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! That's incredibly reasonable. I'm surprised. Initially I thought I'd pass on it since it's so similar to the Power Miners set I own. Plus, I figured we were looking at a $39 set here. In light of the price, I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

Also, I'd love it if they created blind buy Collectible minifigs for the Marvel and DC lines. Respectively, of course. That would be a good way to get the B list heroes and villains out there. It would also be a good way to do variants on Iron Man suits and Green Lantern Corps.

In each series of 16 they could throw in civilians, along with Gotham police, Shield Agents, stuff like that.

If anyone from Lego is reading this, I'll be waiting for my kickbacks. Thanks.

Doh. More Lego purchased. Picked up City of Atlantis, Big Bentley Bust Out, Rise of the Sphinx, and the King's Carriage Ambush.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hopefully more TRU stores will have gotten in the Superheroes stuff at that point.

In other news, there's a pretty big Lego clearance on Target.com right now with almost everything at 50%. (Credit to www.toysnbricks.com)

-LEGO Atlantis City of Atlantis 7985 $34.98
-LEGO Disney Cars 2 Big Bentley Bust Out 8639 $34.98
-LEGO Pharaoh’s Quest Rise of the Sphinx 7326 $24.98
-LEGO Disney Cars 2 Spy Jet Escape 8638 $24.98
-LEGO Duplo Cars 2 The Pit Stop 5829 $24.98
-LEGO Atlantis Undersea Explorer 8080 $21.48
-LEGO Cars 2 Mack’s Team Truck 8486 $19.98
-LEGO Kingdoms King’s Carriage Ambush 7188 $19.99
-LEGO Champion $17.48
-LEGO Power Miners Claw Catcher 8190 $17.48
-LEGO City Truck 3221 $15.74
-LEGO Atlantis Deep Sea Raider 7984 $14.98
-LEGO Cars 2 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen 8484 $14.98
-LEGO Toy Story Pizza Planet Delivery $14.84
-LEGO Prince of Persia Set – The Ostrich Race 7570 $9.98
-LEGO Racers Jagged Jaws Reef 8897 $10.48
-LEGO Duplo Cars 2 Luigi’s Italian Place 5818 $9.98
-LEGO Games System Meteor Strike $9.98
-LEGO Creator Super Speedster 5867 $9.98
-LEGO Atlantis Angler Attack $9.98
-LEGO PIrate Code $7.48
-LEGO Banana Balance $5.48
-LEGO City Police Dog Unit 7285 $5.40

The 30% off sets are

-LEGO Kingdoms Escape from Dragon’s Prison 7187 $13.98
-LEGO Ninjago Spinjitzu Starter Set 2257 $12.60
-LEGO Ninjago Lord Garmadon 2256 $6.30

Remember, if you pay with a Target Debit Card you get 5% off and free shipping on any order.

Personally I first picked up the Deep Sea Raider and then decided I wanted City of Atlantis as well for all those columns so I put in another order.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Broseph']Yeah! That's incredibly reasonable. I'm surprised. Initially I thought I'd pass on it since it's so similar to the Power Miners set I own. Plus, I figured we were looking at a $39 set here. In light of the price, I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

Also, I'd love it if they created blind buy Collectible minifigs for the Marvel and DC lines. Respectively, of course. That would be a good way to get the B list heroes and villains out there. It would also be a good way to do variants on Iron Man suits and Green Lantern Corps.

In each series of 16 they could throw in civilians, along with Gotham police, Shield Agents, stuff like that.

If anyone from Lego is reading this, I'll be waiting for my kickbacks. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

For legal reasons LEGO can never make a pack of just minifigures for licenses. They were sued in 2002ish buy Hasbro who had the STar Wars action figure license. The judge ruled minifigures were action figures. This is why LEGO made the Star Wars battlepacks. Legally as long as there is some type of model with each LEGO is fine.

I was thinking about buying big McQueen, City of Atlantis, the Sphinx, the TS3 pizza truck. But half the stuff is sold out. Then I was just going to buy the Sphinx, but shipping was $6.31 and that kind of killed it for me.

[quote name='bigdaddy']For legal reasons LEGO can never make a pack of just minifigures for licenses. They were sued in 2002ish buy Hasbro who had the STar Wars action figure license. The judge ruled minifigures were action figures. This is why LEGO made the Star Wars battlepacks. Legally as long as there is some type of model with each LEGO is fine.[/QUOTE]
Unless the license for Marvel and DC is structured differently to include "action figures" or somehow worded to explicitly allow it. For instance, PotC Battle Pack. It all depends on the license structure and who else has a finger in the pie.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
I was thinking about buying big McQueen, City of Atlantis, the Sphinx, the TS3 pizza truck. But half the stuff is sold out. Then I was just going to buy the Sphinx, but shipping was $6.31 and that kind of killed it for me.[/QUOTE]
Shipping was the deal breaker for me too. I just wanted the City of Atlantis for the column pieces. I will just wait until B&M clearance it like they have done with every Atlantis set before it and then get it.

Won't that depend on the wording of Lego's current contract? Mega Bloks afterall is doing random Marvel figures right this second.

[quote name='bigdaddy']For legal reasons LEGO can never make a pack of just minifigures for licenses. They were sued in 2002ish buy Hasbro who had the STar Wars action figure license. The judge ruled minifigures were action figures. This is why LEGO made the Star Wars battlepacks. Legally as long as there is some type of model with each LEGO is fine.

I was thinking about buying big McQueen, City of Atlantis, the Sphinx, the TS3 pizza truck. But half the stuff is sold out. Then I was just going to buy the Sphinx, but shipping was $6.31 and that kind of killed it for me.[/QUOTE]

Legalities aside, isn't it fun to speculate about something like that? There's so much potential there.

Today I found one of the Target gift card sets hidden behind some larger sets. Snagged it and charged enough on the gift card to buy the new Harry Potter Potion Lab polybag and an older $5 Ninjago set.

At TRU I was hoping to find that Superman vs Power armor Lex - but I didn't see any of the Super Heroes line at all. I did see Dino, Forest themed City stuff as well as the new 2012 Ninjago. They had the Spinjutsu booster packs - which I found pretty cool since I'm all about the minifigs. The boosters are 28 pieces and they include lots of weapons and a pack of cards. The Kendo Cole is definitely my favorite pick up of the day. I'm gonna need a few duplicates of him.

Word from above is that the first wave of superheroes drops at the Lego Store next week. We've already got a ton of people asking about these since TRU has them out already, so I'm thinking the stock will go fast being the last week before Christmas. Gonna have to stash a Superman v. Lex Luthor set away for myself...

I noticed today at the Lego store that all of Pharaoh's Quest is gone. Oh well, hopefully I can get that pyramid for sub 50 during the eventual clearance.

Okay, Now I know for sure that TRU.com is up to something. Yesterday when the BOGO was still going on, the Death Star mysteriously did not show up on the list when you list LEGO by price or even by direct name search. You could only find the item page if you searched for the link on Google. It was out of stock anyway, but mysterious that it wasn't searchable on the TRU website. Now that the BOGO is over, what do you know! It shows up on the list now and is found during search easily. So they are clearly hiding certain items on the website during sales. Its all moot since it was out of stock and still is, but it just bugs me that they do this. The perpetually out of stock Fire Brigade was also "hidden" during the BOGO but is now easy to find.
By the way, TRU can smother themselves with their pile of unsold $165 Millennium Falcons for all I care, I just got one for my nephew at Fred Meyer for $90. This price gouging of TRU is another one of my pet peeves - and they get away with it too because unlike alot of us, most shoppers in the store right now haven't set foot in there since last year. They don't know that the Millennium Falcon retails for $140 and happily (and naively) hand over that $25 extra because its on Johnny's Christmas list. TRU is taking advantage of these parents who think they're getting a good deal when a price-gouged item goes on "sale". Okay...TRU rant over. I feel better now ;)

Yeah I noticed some oddness the last sale too. I was checking the usual big stuff to see if any was in stock and the Fire Brigade was not showing up anywhere. Finally I just did a search by its name and found it, and what do you know, in stock. So I grabbed one and also one of the train sets since it wouldn't let me buy 2 Fire Brigades. Kind of having buyer's remorse now as I really didn't need the train set.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Okay, Now I know for sure that TRU.com is up to something. Yesterday when the BOGO was still going on, the Death Star mysteriously did not show up on the list when you list LEGO by price or even by direct name search. You could only find the item page if you searched for the link on Google. It was out of stock anyway, but mysterious that it wasn't searchable on the TRU website. Now that the BOGO is over, what do you know! It shows up on the list now and is found during search easily. So they are clearly hiding certain items on the website during sales. Its all moot since it was out of stock and still is, but it just bugs me that they do this. The perpetually out of stock Fire Brigade was also "hidden" during the BOGO but is now easy to find.
By the way, TRU can smother themselves with their pile of unsold $165 Millennium Falcons for all I care, I just got one for my nephew at Fred Meyer for $90. This price gouging of TRU is another one of my pet peeves - and they get away with it too because unlike alot of us, most shoppers in the store right now haven't set foot in there since last year. They don't know that the Millennium Falcon retails for $140 and happily (and naively) hand over that $25 extra because its on Johnny's Christmas list. TRU is taking advantage of these parents who think they're getting a good deal when a price-gouged item goes on "sale". Okay...TRU rant over. I feel better now ;)[/QUOTE]

In case people missed it on TNB, Imperial Flagship is $149 on Amazon.

I was really trying not to get it... Luckily, I have about 6 hours before my wife wakes up to come up with a plan to explain my late-night purchase...

if you're still wanting a lego clock, jcpenney.com has several (woody, yoda, buzz, ninja, darth, and stormtrooper) on sale for $23.99 and there is a coupon BOWS2TIE that will give you $10 off a $25 purchase and ship free to store. you'll need to throw something cheap in the basket to tip you over $25. i found some socks that did the trick.

if for some reason that code does not work for you, try BESANTA or INAHURRY

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed Ninjago Spinsomething Dojo on clearance 15% off at Target today:roll::roll::roll:...guess I'll have to wait for next week to find any real good lego clearance.

PQ Pyramid and Portal of Atlantis were 15% off at Target today. I hope there will be some leftover at 70%. Picked up my third Prison Carriage Rescue for $6 today.

Went to Target today and was surprised to see a Grand Emporium. There was a sticker on it that looked like a clearance sticker that said "Online Item" price was only $109. Merry Christmas to me!

^Hmmm...it might be worth the effort to order all the modulars/non-retail items online, return them to a Target store in the evening, then show up at opening the next day and check the clearance endcap...;)

Lego.com finally said they would ship my horse stable from Belleville for my daughter. I bought it on sake for $30, they cancelled it after a week, saying no stock and after the sale was over, back in stock. I e-mailed to complain and they said they would ship for the sake price

It's official Lego is dead.

Kingdoms goes bye bye so they can make Lord of the Ring sets. What will be next? Grand Theft Auto replacing City.

City is boring. The last hope was the wonderful Kingdoms.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's official Lego is dead.

Kingdoms goes bye bye so they can make Lord of the Ring sets. What will be next? Grand Theft Auto replacing City.

City is boring. The last hope was the wonderful Kingdoms.[/QUOTE]

I thought Ninjago was the big seller. But yea, city is boring.

I knew that about city since I came out of the dark. When I saw the Police Survillence truck, I was like I had a model from back in the early 90s that looks better than that one.

As for Kingdoms, who said the Castle type brand was dead? Just because LotR comes about doesn't mean it completely dies. Space existed next to Star Wars so it doesn't mean it completely done. Joust shows up in Jan so who knows what might be announced. There currently stuff still to be announced i.e. Pirates/PotC brands.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's official Lego is dead.

City is boring. The last hope was the wonderful Kingdoms.[/QUOTE]

We're also expected to see "Back to the Future" sets for late 2012. Seems like the company is not interested in their own themes any longer and would rather go the way of licenses for inspiration. Only time will tell if this is a very good thing.

[quote name='elessar123']I thought Ninjago was the big seller. But yea, city is boring.[/QUOTE]

I meant creatively dead, LEGO sales will probably top one billion dollars in the USA again.

And speaking of NinjaGo, what the hell is up with the banana?

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=9455-1

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']We're also expected to see "Back to the Future" sets for late 2012. Seems like the company is not interested in their own themes any longer and would rather go the way of licenses for inspiration. Only time will tell if this is a very good thing.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?

That can't possibly happen, there would be one set, the car. :lol:

I'd rather have original themes as well. I would have been on board if they expanded the Heroica stuff into a wave of sets. I skipped Kingdoms because I like my fantasy to have magic, elves and dragons.

Lord of the Rings though - that's something special to a lot of people.

Back to the Future baffles me as well - but you know, I'd buy the hell out of one set - I'd love a Lego DeLorean. A Hill Valley Clock Tower set could be fun but it would be the only set I'd buy.

I'm guessing Ninjago will introduce mechs for the heroes pretty soon. I like things that are over the top ridiculous. The first wave was alright - I only bought the smaller sets for the ninja minifigs - but the 2012 stuff has some really fun sets.

Of course, I grew up watching all the old 70's anime and sentai stuff so that helps. This is Lego Power Rangers essentially.

Oh yeah, that Snake mech is pretty sweet. I'll probably grab that. I love the stance, for lack of a better word. It makes it look pretty mean.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

What the fuck?

That can't possibly happen, there would be one set, the car. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Apparently, the theme/idea was a project by a Lego "artist" somewhere in Asia and the sets he/she created received such praise and recognition that the TLG has taken it for further development. The whole theme is in its infancy, apparently, and whether or not it will come to be is another story. So please, all this should be taken with a grain of salt.

This all came to me about a week ago when I was helping a lady at my store. I was mentioning the "discontinuation" of certain themes to make way for newer themes coming 2012. She told me she was well aware and that her cousin is a Lego designer working on the new "Back to the Future" sets for next year. To be honest, I thought this woman was just talking ish and feeding me some nonsense (I come across a lot of crazies in NY), but when I jokingly told my manager about it he confirmed that it wasn't crap. He went on to explain what I mentioned above.

Train with 3 colors of smoke on top of the Delorean =P

I'm skeptical about Lego LotR. Other than the strongholds and figures, what are they going to have? I'd be excited for a Gondor set, but that'd have to be at least as big as the Death Star kit. Rivendell, Lorien, Shire, Bree, Mirkwood, Orthanc, Dol Guldur, Rohan, etc. would all be pretty boring. GF wants a Helm's Deep set (which is rumored? confirmed?), but eh...

Actually, a Moria set might be neat, depending on how they do it.

Guess they'll probably have a Smaug set, and I hope they have a Beorn. I guess I'm more excited over the minifigs for LotR than the actual sets. They better have a Gandalf figure with a staff, and one with Glamdring. And a playset where he has both, and a Balrog =)

I've had my eye on this forever, it's 89.89 at Target.com and they've got a coupon for 7 off of 70 with free shipping...

Think there will be much of an opportunity to get it for less than this?

Dunno, but the GF wants that one too, and Diagon Alley. After that, we should be good til the LotR sets actually come out.

Edit: Shit, forgot about the modular sets.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Apparently, the theme/idea was a project by a Lego "artist" somewhere in Asia and the sets he/she created received such praise and recognition that the TLG has taken it for further development. The whole theme is in its infancy, apparently, and whether or not it will come to be is another story. So please, all this should be taken with a grain of salt.

This all came to me about a week ago when I was helping a lady at my store. I was mentioning the "discontinuation" of certain themes to make way for newer themes coming 2012. She told me she was well aware and that her cousin is a Lego designer working on the new "Back to the Future" sets for next year. To be honest, I thought this woman was just talking ish and feeding me some nonsense (I come across a lot of crazies in NY), but when I jokingly told my manager about it he confirmed that it wasn't crap. He went on to explain what I mentioned above.[/QUOTE]

I learned long ago that the shit I hear in LEGO Stores from the people shopping, or working there is a bunch of crap. :lol:

If anything wouldn't it make sense to make the sets for 2015?

People don't like the new Friends line because pink is now a stereotype. The set this video shows over and over has about 5 pink pieces....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/not-happy-line-lego-girls-171858897.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back