LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='El Rey']Got the Palace Theater today, double VIP points and the republic frigate to boot![/QUOTE]

I didn't know that set was retired, they had two of those at B&N one of them had been opened before though.

[quote name='skiizim']I didn't know that set was retired, they had two of those at B&N one of them had been opened before though.[/QUOTE]

What set's retired? Palace Theater just came out?

[quote name='elessar123']What set's retired? Palace Theater just came out?[/QUOTE]

lol... sorry

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Republic Frigate is the mini set.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification, I thought he meant he scored the bigger one.

Shouldn't we all know by now that just because a set just came out doesn't mean it's not retired? :lol: Just look at the minifigures, Friends Series 1, the Chima speeders, they all pretty much came out the door retired.

[quote name='skiizim']Thanks for the clarification, I thought he meant he scored the bigger one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah was the free poly, sorry

Picked up Daily Bugle Showdown for 33.75 at Fred Meyer. Today only all Creator and Superhero sets are 25% off plus 10% off home coupon. Not sure if there is anyone else in the NW here though.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ I hate you.

A lot. :p[/QUOTE]

I just wish I had a little more money to spend at the moment. Would have picked up a couple more sets. Would have liked to pick up another beach house

“This is an opportunity for everybody involved,” said Bruce Rohrer, GABA’s chairman for this project.

Rohrer, who is also the general manager at Ironstone Vineyards, added “our local wineries will each have an opportunity to showcase their wines and capture new memberships from Arnold visitors who don’t want to venture back down the mountain.”

GABA has been in discussions with a property owner at the Arnold Cedar Center to host the tasting room, according to Bob Doten, GABA’s president. If all proceeds go as planned, visitors will be able to sample and purchase wines from a different winery each weekend, starting as early as mid-June.

“Wine tasting in Murphys is a popular attraction to those who spend the night in Arnold,” said Doten. “But this will give a choice for those who want to stay close in, and it is expected to Hermes Kelly Tote Bag Brown keep more shopping dollars in town for our business association members.”

GABA and the Winegrape Alliance will define their plans at GABA’s general membership meeting at 6 p.m. March 11 at the Ebbetts Pass Fire Station Hermes Picotin Herpicot Bag Gold Enrod silver on Blagen Road in Arnold. Sara Teeter, the alliance’s executive director, will be among the discussion leaders.Â$

For details, visit or call 795-4222.

Women’s Network to meet Feb. 26

The Calaveras County Women’s Network will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26 at Ironstone Vineyards, 1894 Six Mile Road, Murphys.

This month will showcase six members. Valerie Olson and Terry McBride are the featured speakers, Melody Rene and CeeCee Robinson will showcase products on tables and Trudy Lackey and Lexi Stepps will review their spotlight in the newsletter.

Cost for dinner is $23 for members and $25 for non-members. Hermes Kelly Tote Handbag Hot Sale Reservations are required by emailing .

Café to open March 1

Outer Aisle owners Erik and Christine Taylor welcome Chef Ross Cooper to Outer Aisle’s new café, 1192 Highway 4, Douglas Flat, slated Hermes Kelly Bag 22CM Blue to open March 1. Cooper is a graduate from the Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy in San Francisco.

According to Christine, “He is excited to work with all of this fresh produce and create food that Hermes Kelly Bag Dim Grey is tasty, well balanced and good for you. Preparations are getting closer ... (and) and the kitchen is really coming together,” she said. “The 100 quart stock pot is gigantic all shiny and new in preparation for all the daily soups Ross is going to make. The ‘shabby chic’ hutch looks great with local clay artist Staria Stine’s pottery cups. We hope you’ll join us for tea, soup and/or salad on March 1.Â$

“We’llÂ$ feature a blackboard menu, highlighting the finest produce and ingredients our region can offer, encourage recipe sharing, host cooking classes and demos, and for those on the run, we’ll have take-out items made in our certified kitchen.”

Winter hours are 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays. Hermes Kelly Tote Bag Crocodile Leather Orange For more information, call 728-9112.

Send your business-related news to Jan Hovey at .

I picked up a Seaside House and a Scientist and His Monster for $63 from Barnes and Noble with the BOGO50, 15% coupon, and 10% membership. Not bad for $100 worth of sets, plus I had gift cards from Viggle. B&N has been great this year for me.

I havent been in a B&N since March 13th, 2012. No wonder why i don't get any deals. :lol:

I have been looking up the costs of the TMNT minifigures, they were insane. Shredder is $10-$11 and is in a $25 set, and Splinter is $10-$11 and is in a $50 set. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering going to the lego store in discover mills soon to look at their creator (the um.. pet store and theater type) sets. Or am i better off waiting for a TRU sale?

[quote name='guinaevere']Considering going to the lego store in discover mills soon to look at their creator (the um.. pet store and theater type) sets. Or am i better off waiting for a TRU sale?[/QUOTE]

TRU has been excluding the exclusives from almost all of their sales recently. I wouldn't count of them.

If any one is looking for the Jabba Palace it will cease production in 2014 due the racist claims.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...y-in-fight-over-antiislamic-lego-8555610.html

Funny thing is it would have been retired near then anyways. Lego is just saying that to get them off their back.
----------------

CMF Series 10 review is up on eurobrick. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80676.

Good news: Roman Commander and Baseball Player have 6 in a box which is great for army/team building. Bad news: 6 figs come only 2 to a box. I hated this in S9 but got very lucky somehow.

^ that better be an April Fools day joke. What fucking bullshit. Lego would have stopped making them anyways around the time.

Lego keeps it up with these stupid numbers and Ill be saving lots of time.

Didn't get a chance to get over to my Barnes and Noble. I probably should have, last time I was there they still had a Jedi Shuttle I could have tried to get for cheap.

I thought that mini Republic Frigate only came with Star Wars purchases that totaled $75 or more?

[quote name='guinaevere']Considering going to the lego store in discover mills soon to look at their creator (the um.. pet store and theater type) sets. Or am i better off waiting for a TRU sale?[/QUOTE]

Your Toys R Us carries those sets?

If you haven't started buying them yet, I suggest buying them in release order since they do retire those sets. The oldest one out there is the Fire Brigade followed by the Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, and Palace Cinema, in that order.

Even not on sale the sets are amazing. I just converted $150 in BB gift cards and RZ certs to Amazon Kindle cards over the wekend so I can finally order the Grand Emporium. I'm hesitant though, cause I know as soon as I pull the trigger it'll drop $25 on sale.

[quote name='Corvin']Your Toys R Us carries those sets?

If you haven't started buying them yet, I suggest buying them in release order since they do retire those sets. The oldest one out there is the Fire Brigade followed by the Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, and Palace Cinema, in that order.

Even not on sale the sets are amazing. I just converted $150 in BB gift cards and RZ certs to Amazon Kindle cards over the wekend so I can finally order the Grand Emporium. I'm hesitant though, cause I know as soon as I pull the trigger it'll drop $25 on sale.[/QUOTE]

I myself am having trouble holding back the urge to blow my income tax return on the modular buildings. I probably won't, if only because that money could be put towards my student loans I should really start paying off.

[quote name='mweav067']I myself am having trouble holding back the urge to blow my income tax return on the modular buildings. I probably won't, if only because that money could be put towards my student loans I should really start paying off.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting around for the last two months for the Grand Emporium to go down but I don't think it's gonna happen until Christmas. I'm pulling the trigger on it tonight.

[quote name='mweav067']I myself am having trouble holding back the urge to blow my income tax return on the modular buildings. I probably won't, if only because that money could be put towards my student loans I should really start paying off.[/QUOTE]

The wife won't let me buy anything with are income check. >_

A friend of mine last I knew didn't want to get married either.

It's not that I don't want to, I just don't think I will and see no big deal with it. I can love someone without marriage.

I think it should be banned because listening to the Supreme Court cases last week the whole issue was based on the word "marriage" itself. So why not just ban marriage for everyone and come out with a new legal document called "majukio" and let straight and gays marry. lol

Does anyone have the big Avengers ship? I can get it from yoyo.com for $44 (with new credit card info and the new customer code), but I have never seen it on display and don't know how big it is. Plus at some point I feel it will get a rerelease, and maybe with more of the characters. I really dislike also having to spend $20 for Hawkeye and $50 for a bad Hulk.

I have the Quinjet and its pretty big IMO. I was expecting it to be smaller but was quite happy with it once it was built. At $44 I think it is a steal, especially with 4 major character minifigs. If it were to get a rerelease it wouldn't be until Avengers 2 come out and if it doesn't play a part in the movie it probably won't get remade.

[quote name='Corvin']Your Toys R Us carries those sets? [/quote]Not that I'm aware of. I meant an online TRU sale.

Even not on sale the sets are amazing. I just converted $150 in BB gift cards and RZ certs to Amazon Kindle cards over the weekend so I can finally order the Grand Emporium. I'm hesitant though, cause I know as soon as I pull the trigger it'll drop $25 on sale.
I can't say how many times i've kicked myself for not buying the cafe or green grocer when i saw them in the lego store in the schaumburg/chicago mall (name of mall eludes me). Not once, but twice. TWICE I visited up there, saw them and debated and twice I went all practical and told myself no.

Was thinking of heading to lawrenceville all day until i got in the car and heard the traffic reports. basketball and baseball pretty much blew up atlanta traffic, so it'll have to wait till later this week.

Availability online is always iffy when there is a sale on those particular sets, they are usually first to go oos or not available for shipping online. As much as I like the modular buildings I didn't want to get into them. I felt so relieved when I sold me Green Grocer earlier this year. The one I do want is this one, I can have the satisfaction of the first five for almost half the price of one.

I really like the Fire Brigade and Palace Cinema sets, but I also really want the Sith Interceptor from The Old Republic. I intend to get only one with my return and put the rest towards my student loans.

I'm a little afraid to get into the modulars myself. They look like a lot of fun to build, and really the retail prices aren't that bad for what you get.

Not to oversell it but the modulars have sections or some "set piece" that you'll build with backwards pieces, upside down, and just used in the most obscure way and sit back and think, damn, this designer is a mad genius.

I only have the Fire Brigade(the station address is a work of art), but I've read reviews on the others that mention a similar thing.

Yeah it's tough getting the modular ones on TRU sale. They usually are not included or mysteriously go out of stock right before the sale happens. I have only successfully done it once when I was able to grab 2 Fire Brigades during a b1g1 50% off and that was a while ago.

They really are beautiful sets though. As horribly expensive as they are they look amazing when finished and the amount of detail put into them is crazy.

I don't think they're too too expensive. Compared to the licensed sets, they're a pretty good price.

I really like that Haunted House too, which they're apparently still making.

[quote name='bigdaddy']And an Eiffel Tower for $1,080!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1364588741&sr=1-107[/QUOTE]

I think I'm gonna stick with my tiny one I built Sunday. :D
CUwgTuR.jpg

Voting opened up for Toys n Bricks contest. I submitted the Little Mermaid entry. If any wants to vote for it that would be great. I doubt I will win because some of the entries have a lot of votes already. Thanks if you do vote.

^I'll give you all my three points. :lol:

Some of those came out really nice, it's kind of shocking. In past contests the entries were crap. :)

I thought I could trick Yoyo into giving me another 30% off new customer by using my Amazon credit card and my grandparents shipping address. No luck. No Avengers ship for me.

It's not a LEGO designed set! If you have an issue with it call George Lucas or Disney, or better yet don't buy the fucking thing.

Fools... they will be the downfall of humanity.

(I've put up with a lot of stupidity today, and I still have to do my taxes.)

Well I dragged my feet for too long picking up Jabba's Palace at Walmart for $96. Sunday night there were at least five sets at my nearest store. Then that stupid fucking "report" and poof. All gone. I'm now resigned to having to pay MSRP. I got no one to blame but myself since they were that price for awhile.

lol Lego played their cards right. Cause now they can keep producing them for the rest of the year, since it's not retiring til 2014. And everyone will snatch it up cause they think it'll be rare.

Well played, Lego. Well played.

lmao... I forgot about that, I gave it a quick read and turned my head, no wonder it's OOS on Amazon. If people really fell into that mankind really is doomed!

Well ... you guys shamed me into not buying one ... I was ready to drop $120 tonight ... but now ... I'm just going to sulk in the corner and see if I can grab Jabba's Palace on sale before 2014 gets here.

It's been $88 or so on Amazon for awhile.

Except now it seems.

AWD has some new Chima sets and a Rancor pit for $48.

Next they we will discontinue the creator sets because you can move the pieces around and build them into something offensive i'm sure.

TARGET has the Chima Polybag half off in the Easter section. Not a big fan as I'm not really a LEGO collector, but I figure my 3 year old son might like it. It was $1.99.

Not to brag but my BIL called my wife asking if he should pick up Jabba's Palace for us at the Target he was at (Taylor, MI). It was 50% off, so about $50. My wife's answer? Yes.

If Jabba's Palace is still $96 at my Walmart I may grab it if they have any. I like the mini-figs in it.

Going down to a Lego Store in a couple weeks. May pick up the Palace Cinema or one of the other modulars if they have it.

Amazon had some Jabba's Palaces for cheaper, and cheaper in Warehouse Deals, until the whole BS over idiots in Turkey. Everyone must be buying them up. It will be like Minecraft set, then in a few months LEGO will have more and will be easily found.

bread's done
Back