LEGO Deals 3

Lots of LEGO clearance at Target today.  Most Chima sets half off, along with the Republic Gunship.  30% off on all the Superman, Iron Man, and Castle sets.  Along with a few other random things like the Mountain Hut, Castle Calvary from the movie, and some smaller Star Wars things.  YMMV, of course :)

Lots of LEGO clearance at Target today. Most Chima sets half off, along with the Republic Gunship. 30% off on all the Superman, Iron Man, and Castle sets. Along with a few other random things like the Mountain Hut, Castle Calvary from the movie, and some smaller Star Wars things. YMMV, of course :)
Where are you located?

I can confirm that Target has started their summer clearance.

For the past 4 years my store has had Lego on the the 15% -- 30% -- 50% off schedule...so I was pretty shocked to see all the clearance sets at 50% off!!!  I've got a feeling their will be more clearance next week as there wasn't a single city set on clearance.  Picked up:

Millennium Falcon 204-00-1098 $69.98

Republic Gunship 204-00-0962  59.98

Duel on Geonosis 204-00-0958  19.98

Battle of Smallville 204-00-0897  24.98

Cragger's Command Ship 204-00-0605  39.98

Other sets I saw on clearance...Castle w/dragon, Creator plane(big one that retails for $60), lots of Chima sets including the big Lion fort looking thing and the newer Gorilla set $60-80 retail I think. 

Lot's of stuff wasn't clearanced that should have been though like the other Superman movie sets and Green labeled SW sets, so I'm confident that more stuff will clearance next week.

Good luck!

Wasnt' interested in the Simpsons minifig wave so I never gave them a second glance, but I noticed last night that Meijer kept the $3 price(yes I scanned to be sure).  Hopefully that bodes well for the next wave.

Lots of LEGO clearance at Target today. Most Chima sets half off, along with the Republic Gunship. 30% off on all the Superman, Iron Man, and Castle sets. Along with a few other random things like the Mountain Hut, Castle Calvary from the movie, and some smaller Star Wars things. YMMV, of course :)
Thanks, I picked up Laval's Royal Fighter for 28 bucks. The Chima stuff generally has a good piece/price ratio though you end up with lots of custom stuff, which is good or bad depending on your pov.

So what's the standard Target time for the next round of markdowns? I'd really like to hold out on 50% since Chima isn't that important to me.

So what's the standard Target time for the next round of markdowns? I'd really like to hold out on 50% since Chima isn't that important to me.
Markdowns in general are every other week, but it's far from reliable, just about any time table can and will happen.

Anyone able to get an extra Millennium Falcon from the Target sale?
That's what I'm thinking. That is the one Star Wars set I want badly. But shipping it is most likely a bitch.

AWD has a

LEGO Creator 10232 Palace Cinema for $122.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a Republic Gunship it wasn't tagged, probably the only reason it was still there. Did see empty spots for Jabbas Sail Barge and a Millenium Falcon.

I know this only helps a few but Meijer has a bunch of various sets on clearance...Chima, LOTR, SW,  pretty much runs the gamut, even a couple of the $10 Friends sets were marked. 

Also Amazon has 16-25% off some CITY sets.  A few I was looking at/bought:

Name - sale / srp

60014 Coast Guard Patrol - $63 / $80

60013 Coast Guard Helicopter - $30 /$40

60012 4x4 Diving Boat - $17 / $20

60042 High Speed Police Chase - $16 / $20

60045 Police Patrol - $36 / $45

Make sure you're all checking various Targets, too. Yesterday I picked up the Republic Gunship for 82.98. Then I went to another Target and they had it for 59.98.

Checked my 2 local Target stores, MF is only 30% off and ringing up 97.99. They had 3 left so maybe itll drop next week lol.

Went to three targets and found a bunch of chima sets and the $40 superman set for $25. I didn't buy anything and my wife was really happy :lol:

I found a girl on jet ski friend set for $3.50 which should have been the normal price.

Also got two PEZ gift cards. :)

A LEGO magazine came in and has a few of what I'm guessing will be series 12 CMF including a goth girl with stuffed bear a guy in a pig suit and hick guy.

Finally had some luck. Got the rupublic gunship for 59.99, dragon mountain for 24.99, and the ironman/warmachine vs mandarin set for 13.99.  Didn't see any tags for the millenium falcon but I would really like to find one. 

Finally had some luck. Got the rupublic gunship for 59.99, dragon mountain for 24.99, and the ironman/warmachine vs mandarin set for 13.99. Didn't see any tags for the millenium falcon but I would really like to find one.
Check the online checker to see what stores still have them in your area, I picked up 2 Gunships and a Millenium Falcon. I thought really hard for the Creator Plane and the Dragon Mountain but couldn't pull the trigger.

DPCI Millenium Falcon, 204 00 1098

I finally build my $10.60 Attack on the Weathertop set I got at Christmas time from AWD to make sure it wasn't missing anything.

Brand new.

There was nothing wrong with the box, there was no pieces missing, everything was brand new looking, better than most sets that a B&M store would get.

Check the online checker to see what stores still have them in your area, I picked up 2 Gunships and a Millenium Falcon. I thought really hard for the Creator Plane and the Dragon Mountain but couldn't pull the trigger.

DPCI Millenium Falcon, 204 00 1098
Thanks for the tip, skiizim. There was one target within 50 miles that had "low stock". It was gone when I got there but at least I now I know how to locate stuff. On a strage side note, there was a nearby toys r us that I stopped at that had AT LEAST 150 sets of palpatines arrest. I guess someone must have put an extra 0 on the order sheet. I'm hoping they mark them down at some point.

Thanks for the tip, skiizim. There was one target within 50 miles that had "low stock". It was gone when I got there but at least I now I know how to locate stuff. On a strage side note, there was a nearby toys r us that I stopped at that had AT LEAST 150 sets of palpatines arrest. I guess someone must have put an extra 0 on the order sheet. I'm hoping they mark them down at some point.
I don't really trust it when it says "Low Stock". There are two store near me that have said that for the past week and I haven't see them there at all.

I don't really trust it when it says "Low Stock". There are two store near me that have said that for the past week and I haven't see them there at all.
I went to a store that said "in stock" for the Republic Gunship, but they were nowhere to be found. I assumed someone had hid them in the store hoping for a deeper discount later.

I was taking notes on the nearest Target's Lego clearance prices for comparisons after the next mark down, when I saw they had very single Nanoblock set on clearance as well. So if you;re into those, this may be worth your time to check out Target. Prices weren't jaw-droppingly awesome but anywhere from 30% to 50% off on those little bagged ones. Didn't really see much of a pattern to the mark down.

You can always call a store with the DPCI in hand, which is why I posted it and ask if they have any and how much or ask about other Targets in the area.

If a store only has one or shows limited don't hold your breath, you may get lucky but I doubt it.

Scored a couple of the big SW Lego sets last week for 50% off at my local store.  Perfect timing for my son's birthday next week.  They must have just marked them down that day because I was there earlier in the week and they were not clearanced out yet.  Surprised they went to 50% immediately, but like we know Target clearance are YMMV. 

All the larger sets were cleared out when i went back this week so it might be pretty difficult to find the Millennium Falcon or Republic Gunship now, but they did have the Battle on Geonosis still and most of the Chima sets were still around as well despite being 50% off. 

Will there be another round of markdowns today? Is that how that works? I've noticed some stores haven't marked down anything at all yet.

At Target, Thursday is the day for clearance mark downs for the toy department.   Whether or not you see any markdowns is YMMV.

Clearance pricing is also done by a person, or team of persons, so the time of day varies by store too.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully people start posting their finds so I know what to look out for!
This list from 180hustler is similar to what I have seen in Targets this past week. I'll stop today to see if anything else has dropped, but I'd be on the lookout for what he has listed, especially the larger SW sets since those will disappear quickly once they hit 50% off.

I can confirm that Target has started their summer clearance.

For the past 4 years my store has had Lego on the the 15% -- 30% -- 50% off schedule...so I was pretty shocked to see all the clearance sets at 50% off!!! I've got a feeling their will be more clearance next week as there wasn't a single city set on clearance. Picked up:

Millennium Falcon 204-00-1098 $69.98

Republic Gunship 204-00-0962 59.98

Duel on Geonosis 204-00-0958 19.98

Battle of Smallville 204-00-0897 24.98

Cragger's Command Ship 204-00-0605 39.98

Other sets I saw on clearance...Castle w/dragon, Creator plane(big one that retails for $60), lots of Chima sets including the big Lion fort looking thing and the newer Gorilla set $60-80 retail I think.

Lot's of stuff wasn't clearanced that should have been though like the other Superman movie sets and Green labeled SW sets, so I'm confident that more stuff will clearance next week.

Good luck!

I fill like I'm shilling for them (I Promise I'm not) but I figured I'd mention that I was able to use my B&N discount to get a $100 off of the Lego Mindstorms EV3 set despite it specifically saying the coupon won't work with it. I think it will work anywhere as well as I originally bought an older shelf model which I think had an older UPC, unfortunately had it stolen, and then purchased a replacement.

Also had a Chima clearance lego stolen but that's small beans compared to getting a 250$ lego jacked. How do you fence a lego anyway? Do they just ebay/craigslist it?

Just got back from Target and there was a bunch of new stuff clearanced.

Sets from Star Wars, DC Comics, Iron Man, Lego Movie were marked 30% off.

There were a LOT of Lego City sets marked 50% off.

I fill like I'm shilling for them (I Promise I'm not) but I figured I'd mention that I was able to use my B&N discount to get a $100 off of the Lego Mindstorms EV3 set despite it specifically saying the coupon won't work with it. I think it will work anywhere as well as I originally bought an older shelf model which I think had an older UPC, unfortunately had it stolen, and then purchased a replacement.

Also had a Chima clearance lego stolen but that's small beans compared to getting a 250$ lego jacked. How do you fence a lego anyway? Do they just ebay/craigslist it?
How were they stolen?

Ouch! I know you live pretty close by. Was it visible or did they just get lucky?
It was luck. My trunk is covered (Civic Sedan) and they literally took their time and went through the glove compartment and trunk at night. My guess is they recognized no one was home and it was late.

Needless to say, we're getting security installed so that I don't hopefully suffer any more lego thieves.

I'm not even sure I want to bother with Target being Western Mass never has any clearance. I'm better off saving my time and going to Amazon.

I went. Sadly 30% which made them more expensive than past Amazon sales.

Did get Star Trek Catan for $25. Which is half off.

Stopped at Target.....the only 50% off were the LEGO City ones.  Some firefighters and a few planes.  The $100 set was $50, but I passed.  They had 2 Star Wars for 30% off.  The A-Wing and the Spider Droid set.  Not too much else at mine.  The LEGO MOVIE calvary set was 30% off also. 

I'm not a LEGO fanatic, kids like it....sort of.  I passed for now.

Went to four different Targets. 

Target #1: No Lego on clearance.  Nothing.

Target #2: Battle of Smallville (34.95) and some Chima sets. 

Target #3: Fire Department (69.97) and some other City sets; nothing at 50% off

Target #4: Gorzan's Gorilla (34.95), big Chima set (74.95) and some different City sets; nothing at 50% off

Pretty disappointing.  Looks like the Republic Gunships are long gone, and I didn't see a single Marvel/DC set on clearance.  The last Target had a whole clearance row, but few Lego.

Most of what I saw today, I have seen online for cheaper -- and passed on.  I would have liked a Republic Gunship for 60 or a Gorilla for 25, but it's not meant to be.

Went to a Target and Toys R Us today. Target didn't have anything special, just Battle of Smallville for $35, a few city sets, and the usual Chima, but no prices good enough for me to bite. TRU had red clearance tags on some Lego, but discounts not good enough. For example, Palpatines Arrest was $90.

Stopped by a local Target and found a few things onsale, most mentioned here already. I did pick up Gorzan's Gorilla Striker for 24.98. 

Whats the usual day that Target drops clearance %? Last week and this week mine has been 30%. Theyve had 2 MF at 97.99 for two weeks now...hoping they might hold out until the 50% drop, is it on Thursdays? They had 1 dragon mountain for 34.99 but I assume itll probably be gone by then though.

Whats the usual day that Target drops clearance %? Last week and this week mine has been 30%. Theyve had 2 MF at 97.99 for two weeks now...hoping they might hold out until the 50% drop, is it on Thursdays? They had 1 dragon mountain for 34.99 but I assume itll probably be gone by then though.
It is Thursdays, but as others have said it could be Thursday before the store opens or Thursday at 9pm, there is no way to know.

bread's done
Back