LEGO Deals 3

They put out a new one every few years anyway (much like the X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon etc.), so I wouldn't recommend chasing any particular one.

The AT-AT is less than a year old so I doubt it's already retired. It's more likely that its a popular Christmas gift idea and this time of year if one place has it on sale, everyone else will price match them

A friend of mine literally brought in an AT-AT to me this morning. He paid $76 for it at Barnes and Noble. It is my son's Christmas gift.

I forgot to say the other day at LEGO Brand Store they had the three smallest Jurassic World sets, including about 50+ of the Hard to Find rapture cage set. 

This was Sunday or Monday, It was after Black Friday. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the head's up guys.  

You all might want to also check the DPCI for the massive SHIELD Helicarrier at your local stores via brickseek etc.  DPCI is 204-00-1400.  You might get very lucky and be very pleasantly surprised at what the price is in the system at a store or two near you.  Or if there are a couple or handful of stores that show "-" or "N/A" i.e. no price on it (while the rest show $349.99 or even worse $399.99), give those stores a call or visit and get a price check for the last known price on that DPCI if it is coming up item not found.  Then see if the "ship to store" option is available on it for any of those stores that have/had it priced down.  One store very close to me had it at in the system at $104.98 (70% off however this price will probably drop out of the system tomorrow as it is now showing "-") last week and it allowed me to ship them to that store.  Picked them up this morning.  Now I don't feel all that bad about not scoring a bunch of those Walmart 1500 piece creator tubs.

Are the Black Friday prices done with at LEGO stores by now? I tried to get the Darkseid set online, but it was OOS as of 1am on Cyber Monday... I guess it went on sale earlier than advertised.

I'm not kidding when I saw mine had 15+ on each shelf and at least three shelves.

BF prices were still going a few hours ago, but free shipping is gone.
Not saying you were kidding. I don't think anyone expected it to be retired after the first wave. I just haven't seen it here. I did buy the other raptor set though.

TRU 12/11-12/12

2 for $6 All Lego Mixels.

TRU 12/13-12/19

Stormtrooper Sergeant poly with $30 Lego contruction purchase. Excludes Dimensions.

Star Wars MTT - $74.99

That's a great price on Mixels.  Unfortunately TRU never seems to have the latest(at my TRU anyway), only picked over remnants of previous waves.

Since I don't have  a LEGO store near here, I've been checking WM & Target to see if the Indominus set has made its way back to shelves.  No such luck.

Yeah, if there was any franchise out there perfect for Mega Blocks, Angry Birds is it.  A shame LEGO is wasting time and resources on it.

Yeah, if there was any franchise out there perfect for Mega Blocks, Angry Birds is it. A shame LEGO is wasting time and resources on it.
Yeah normally i don't care. But all we have been hearing about for years is LEGO can't keep up with the demand. So instead of working to keep up with the demand of Star Wars and City, both hugely overpriced to begin with but huge seller, we get stupid crap like this?

PotC, JW, and even Lone Ranger were all movie themes that have a history of being a good LEGO theme, so even if the movie fails the sets might sell on their own. But now Angry Birds? Really? Why not sets on Finding Dory with fish 'minifigures'? I mean really this is just insane to me.

(Watch they will sell out and I'll look like a fool but I really rather LEGO just tries to meet demand before expanding anymore.)

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/lego-angry-birds-minifigure-image-showed-up-on-facebook/

Angry Birds. They are only angry because LEGO is wasting plastic on these awful things.
I said this before, but my son will love these sets. I showed him the trailer the other day and he was really into it.

Your link also brought me to this:

http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/Top100LegoMinifigures.html

How is the bunny suit guy $25 for a used version??

Bumble Bee Girl too for that matter. I'm glad I traded a plain minifgure for her at the Legoland when I had the chance.

I have a surprising amount of those minifigures. Guess that's what happens when you go to the LEGO booth at Comic Con every year, have all but one Harry Potter set, all Hobbit/LotR, and lots of Marvel/DC sets. Only Star Wars figure I have on that whole list is Reven, lol.

Wow. Before trading I need to check into mini figure prices. I was going to give my ex the LEGO graduate CMF but the thing is $25 on Amazon. I guess people like them for gifts but damn. I have a few Green Goblins I'd love to get rid of for $38. But that list has to be wrong, Queen Amidala is only $23?

Just checked bunny suit on Amazon... $42-$52!!!

I'm going to go pick up some $4 mini figures now....

Yeah it's insane. It looks like all those X-suit guys have increased in value.

In other news, Lego shop is offering a tree ornament with $50 and up purchase. Last year, the ornament was reserved for that special VIP day.

Yeah it's insane. It looks like all those X-suit guys have increased in value. In other news, Lego shop is offering a tree ornament with $50 and up purchase. Last year, the ornament was reserved for that special VIP day.
The email I got from Lego said this deal was for VIP members only.

Is lego store no longer giving away the gingerbread?
My sis braved the weather and crowds to hit the Rockefeller Center Lego Store yesterday and tried to see about getting one or more and they were completely sold out. Perhaps some leftovers might show up on Legoshop.com and in the stores, though I doubt it. She did pick up a few of the WalMart exclusive JW Raptor sets though ($43.99 and no doubt 10% sales tax on top of that though - ugh...damn cost of doing business real estate and NYC wise), so I am happy about that.

That Lego ornament 2015 *is* hilariously bad...save yourselves the trouble and just buy the far superior XMas tree polybag at Target for $3.49 and set that on the mantle...I've seen piles of them at numerous Targets. Provided of course you don't have any of the previous XMas tree iterations from the various Winter Village sets, Advent Calendars, or polys (my personal favorite is that deluxe one from last year that included the two kid minifigs trimming the tree).

That Lego ornament 2015 *is* hilariously bad...save yourselves the trouble and just buy the far superior XMas tree polybag at Target for $3.49 and set that on the mantle...I've seen piles of them at numerous Targets. Provided of course you don't have any of the previous XMas tree iterations from the various Winter Village sets, Advent Calendars, or polys (my personal favorite is that deluxe one from last year that included the two kid minifigs trimming the tree).
I agree. my Target didn't have too many on the trees, but for $3.50 they are really nice. I bought a few, one for my sister because she is getting the Christmas set with Santa and the cat and the tree in it is just no good.

Gingerbread house is dead though, it ran out on December 1st I think.

Woot!  I thought I missed my chance to pick up the AT-AT, but my local Meijer had one left in stock.  It was on sale for 20% off, so cost was $88 before tax.  On top of that, Meijer is offering their Santa Bucks coupons today and tomorrow, so I was able to apply another $15 off the price.  Final price before tax was $73,  Too good to pass up. 

LEGO Education has a 50% sale on the Mindstorms NXT base set (they say normal price is $319.95, brickset says $250, it’s $349 on amazon, sale price is $159.98) and software (normally $79.98, sale $39.97):

https://shop.education.lego.com/legoed/en-US/catalog/product.jsp?productId=5003402

https://shop.education.lego.com/legoed/en-US/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod120017

Edited to add: There’s a used base set (lego #9797) on bricklink for $250.
How does the Education set compare to the normal retail set (31313)? Do they come with the same parts?

Edit: Nevermind. Completely overlooked that the education one is the old NXT brick, not the newer EV3.

Built the LEGO Doctor Who set.

Good:

NO STICKERS (it's a big surprise)

the minifigs

instruction book has fun facts

Bad:

Boring build. 4x / 8x / 16x of way too many things

Parts aren't separated, so you have to open every single bag at the start

The inside is the majority of the set

Only one weeping angel

I wanted it to end so badly by the end cause it was so repetitive.

Omake:

The angels have the TARDIS!

VXE12xm.jpg

Thanks for the mini-review elessar.  I'm not a Dr Who superfan but was considering.  Sounds like that money is better spent elsewhere.

Speaking of Ideas, did anyone ever get the Birds set?  How was that one?  

The 'good guy' Pirate sets, the $20 and $30 one that can be stuck togged to make a base are on sale for 30% off on Amazon. So you get about 400 pieces for $35 and 8 mini figures.

30% off Lego pirates at tRU
T 30% off of Chima, Pirates, Movie, and Agents. Several including clearance. The Movie 'base' is $40.
LEGO Legends of Chima Sir Fangars Icefortress (70147) is $35 for 670 pieces but OOS online, but still in Henreitta, LEGO Chima Lavertus' Outland Base (70134) is $35 too and has 684 pieces. The Chima battle packs are $7 and I don't have any bears.

Sucks being poor... maybe I can hide in my exes car as he moves to Seattle. I found a job listing I'd love there ($25+ and hour union job! Legalish pot!) :lol:

Thanks for the mini-review elessar. I'm not a Dr Who superfan but was considering. Sounds like that money is better spent elsewhere.

Speaking of Ideas, did anyone ever get the Birds set? How was that one?
I got the Birds set. It's good, for what it is.

The builds are nice. Each one is different and they contain some things that I hadn't seen often before. The birds, when they are done, look good -- better than you think they might from the pictures. The builds go fairly quickly.

They make nice display pieces, especially for an area where you might not think to put Lego, or to display for people who are not Lego fans. That said, unless you have such a place to display them, I'm not sure I would recommend them.

They are kind of odd birds in that regard, no pun intended. They don't really fit any of the other Lego categories I collect, and it would be pointless to get this set for pieces. Great for a bookshelf, mantle, office, or desk.

Hey guys I found a few sets very cheaply  #7879  and # 7959 and # 21117 (  seems like dragon is present and towers)  I was wondering if I should leave them, they have some/most bags that are closed but they are missing minifigures and some pieces and one is missing second instruction book  I would only get them to maybe resell to someone interested in parts my son is not interested in them.. Do you think there is a market for just parts?  Thanks for advice.   Each set was $5 and there are a lot of pieces in each set just not the minifigures.  Any advice welcome.  I would basically sell it to someone for parts for what I paid.

Hey guys I found a few sets very cheaply #7879 and # 7959 and # 21117 ( seems like dragon is present and towers) I was wondering if I should leave them, they have some/most bags that are closed but they are missing minifigures and some pieces and one is missing second instruction book I would only get them to maybe resell to someone interested in parts my son is not interested in them.. Do you think there is a market for just parts? Thanks for advice. Each set was $5 and there are a lot of pieces in each set just not the minifigures. Any advice welcome. I would basically sell it to someone for parts for what I paid.
Seems like a pretty good deal, I would bite on those. Put it this way, you can get a single minifigure for $4 or get a bunch of parts for $5.

I'm guessing you've never heard of Bricklink.com
well I guess I have but I meant like local

I found someone that is interested and knows there is no minifigures so maybe I'll just sell it to her. It is probably worth it for the parts I just don't have a need for them because my son is not interested in them. Unless I just put them in a big tub for free imagination play.

bread's done
Back