LEGO Deals 3

I forgot to mention I also found the Droid escape set with R2 and 3PO in the escape pod.  It was labeled online item with an original $50 price and a clearance price of $35  :shock:

At a different Target, I found a pirate ship for $70, but it was clearly re-sealed and the parts were loose in the box.  I don't know how they accepted that and how they are reselling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearance day is always Thursday at Target, but it might be Thursday night, depends on the store. I bought 5 NinjaGo dragon pollywogs for $2 each and hoping they hit 70% off.

Also found the Gamecube game Odama at Walmart for $20. :lol:

lmao.... You would figure that game would be cheaper by now. That game comes with a mic right?

Tumbler going out of stock, maybe your last chance to get it. I think Target is the only retailer to still have it in stock.

lmao.... You would figure that game would be cheaper by now. That game comes with a mic right?

Tumbler going out of stock, maybe your last chance to get it. I think Target is the only retailer to still have it in stock.
It's not on the retiring soon page though? I have one, but thinking of picking up a second for resale later.

It was the one without the mic! Even on Amazon the mic one is $25 and the non-mic one is $14. :lol: I was stunned.

Batcave looks horrible to me. All those sideways plates. Ew.
Nah-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, LAME SET!

On another note, anyone getting the Ghostbuster's Firehouse? I know it's a bit counter intuitive to CAG but I'm thinking of getting it and more impressions always help.

I found a relic at my local walmart this morning. They had a Jek-14 (750181) on clearance. That set hasnt been on the shelf in the last year or two there, but all the sudden shows up. Priced at $54. 

Nah-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, LAME SET!

On another note, anyone getting the Ghostbuster's Firehouse? I know it's a bit counter intuitive to CAG but I'm thinking of getting it and more impressions always help.
I don't own it but the cost er piece is stunning so go for it, it will be worth your money down the line, even used.

We are also getting some normal theme sets based on the new female version of Ghostbusters.

Angry Birds...
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-angry-birds-movie-official-box-art-images-and-more/

Love the egg and the hotdog with bun piece. Which will be great in the Friends hot dog stand set this summer.

It's not on the retiring soon page though? I have one, but thinking of picking up a second for resale later.
There has been a lot of speculation, it's oos at several other sites already. I know it did have the retired tag but soon changed to sold out, the same thing happened to the Death Star.

Dropped another 10? It's been this price at Target the whole time, right?
Target is all over the place with these. All week they were ringing up $10 under MSRP in store. The website was even showing the $10 off but it seems in one store I went to they are now ringing up at normal MSRP.

Put Poe's X-wing together last night. Fun build, great set. First Lego X-wing I've ever bought, will probably pick up the future Resistance set.

I actually won't buy any of the ones that are suspiciously like rejected Ideas sets, so this will be one of those. Not that I would have wanted something so plain for that amount of money anyways.

amazon warehouse deals has a nice selection of minecraft sets available — i saw the crafting set (#21116) for example for $33, regular price $50

I actually won't buy any of the ones that are suspiciously like rejected Ideas sets, so this will be one of those. Not that I would have wanted something so plain for that amount of money anyways.
I find it completely boring, but the pieces would be great to build some nice buildings and a skyscraper.

Also AWD also has dozens of copies of the Dimensions base set for the Wii U for $36, there are literally still 24 of them now starting at 36.87. So I'm wondering if people are buying the game and returning it because it's overpriced thing to get into.

I found a relic at my local walmart this morning. They had a Jek-14 (750181) on clearance. That set hasnt been on the shelf in the last year or two there, but all the sudden shows up. Priced at $54.
Oddly, I have been finding this set at lots of places lately. Found 3-5 at two different Walmarts in my area where they hadn't been before (priced at 49.99), then found a shit ton more at 2 local Ross stores for $40. I really don't know where they must be finding them all.

I found a Palace Cinema on the bottom shelf of the LEGO aisle at a local Target the other night. The box was kinda battered, and it didn't have a price on the floor scanner. The nearest employee used his hand scanner and it had no price there, either. I figured it was an online return. I took it to CS and they pointed out what they said was a "defective" sticker on the bottom. He was able to determine its list price ($150) but was completely unwilling to sell it to me. I tried to convince them to sell it as defective with some kind of discount--I mean, what else are they going to do with it? Anyway, no luck. Disappointment. I figured he should have knocked 40% off and let me take the responsibility of any missing parts :D

The guy who tried the hand scanner said his friend had gotten the VW Microbus on clearance there, and that he was jealous of that. Too late yet again on this round!

Finally found some $1 Ninjago polybags last night and got 6!

Today I found an open/damaged Rey's speeder at Walmart marked down to $12.92 so I grabbed it. Got home and there were no instructions, stickers and bag #2 was opened. Just put it together and nothing was missing.

Also AWD also has dozens of copies of the Dimensions base set for the Wii U for $36, there are literally still 24 of them now starting at 36.87. So I'm wondering if people are buying the game and returning it because it's overpriced thing to get into.
At that cost, and with the current Best Buy/GameStop deals, the cost over time is not more than Disney Infinity or Skylanders. And if one is looking at it like a Lego instead of a video game, the current $6 price for a fun pack (with GCU) seems pretty reasonable when compared to a $4 minifig.

At that cost, and with the current Best Buy/GameStop deals, the cost over time is not more than Disney Infinity or Skylanders. And if one is looking at it like a Lego instead of a video game, the current $6 price for a fun pack (with GCU) seems pretty reasonable when compared to a $4 minifig.
It's $4 for a mini figure, that is already 25% overpriced vs $15, the normal price is $15. Unless LEGO makes it $6 all the time it's not right to compare. I'll also suggest that it shows Dimensions isn't as big as LEGO has hoped.

It's $4 for a mini figure, that is already 25% overpriced vs $15, the normal price is $15. Unless LEGO makes it $6 all the time it's not right to compare. I'll also suggest that it shows Dimensions isn't as big as LEGO has hoped.
Having played the game some its just ok. Last night my son opens the simpson's add on pack with Homer. As he starts playing we quickly find out that Homer has a burp that if you sit there and hold the button, doesnt stop. It's extremely annoying. Then I find that Marty McFly does basically the same thing with his guitar. I can see where parents might not be to up on this game having to listen to Homer burp for 45 straight minutes.

Also like I mentioned. I tried playing a level with my son and that apparently wasnt happening. The level made for the character was great, but usually only for that character. Take portal 2 as example. Chell was the only one that could really do anything. So two players = one player sitting there. We tried the Simpsons and pretty much all objectives needed Homer. I'm sure the base game is alittle more open to character use.

I also think they shot themselves in the foot by using the 50k studs to rent the character you dont have so you can complete the thing. Seems dumb when 50k studs takes 5 minutes as opposed to $15 real money to have them forever.

^^ That's what I was going to post the other day... My local target restocked pretty much all the JW sets, but they're all regular price.

Yes, the Jurassic Park sets are sticking around but $57 is about 20% off so that's decent for the person here who was looking.

I almost got a Friends set for $14 (normally $30, but someone bought it and I can't figure out how to use my rewards points and gift card at the same time.

I'm going to wait and see what the new death star is, but I might get that batcave. It's not too far off the 10¢ price/piece ratio.
But the more expensive the set is the better that deals are. The Cafe Corner series has 2000+ pieces and cost $150-$170. The Ghostbuster set has 2,000+ more pieces for $80 more. That's like 4 cents a piece.

The modulars are almost always the best price per piece value.

This pricing feels like a batman tax.

The modulars are almost always the best price per piece value.

This pricing feels like a batman tax.
LEGO has had Batman relationship for over 10 years, it was the first Super Hero theme. There was no Ghostbuster tax so why would there be a Batman one? Plus there have been many several Batcaves and to be honest even at a fraction of the cost they feel better.

This set looks more cave like and better designed....

http://brickset.com/sets/7783-1/The-Batcave-The-Penguin-and-Mr-Freeze-s-Invasion

I think it's getting to the point that LEGO knows they could charge $500 for the set because when it's retired in a year or so it will be $1,000+ in the secondary market.

We are getting a LEGO Batman Movie at some point (Next year?) and the one thing that we have been told is that all the Batman versions throughout the years will be featured. So I'm hoping we get a medium version of the car or at least the Batman mini figure with the movie.

Yay! I finally got LEGO Friends 41093 Heartlake Hair Salon from AWD for about 40% off. I want to make it into a diner at some point.

LEGO has had Batman relationship for over 10 years, it was the first Super Hero theme. There was no Ghostbuster tax so why would there be a Batman one? Plus there have been many several Batcaves and to be honest even at a fraction of the cost they feel better.

This set looks more cave like and better designed....
http://brickset.com/sets/7783-1/The-Batcave-The-Penguin-and-Mr-Freeze-s-Invasion

I think it's getting to the point that LEGO knows they could charge $500 for the set because when it's retired in a year or so it will be $1,000+ in the secondary market.
Why would they? Because they can.

AWD has the high-speed passenger train (#60051) for $102 (regularly $149) — it’s hard to find trains on sale, so this is a good deal.

AWD has the high-speed passenger train (#60051) for $102 (regularly $149) — it’s hard to find trains on sale, so this is a good deal.
There have been at least 10 that have been in the $93-$110 range in the last few months. (I check too often), it's because the newest trans have been 20-25% off at places.

bread's done
Back