LEGO Deals 3

I haven't seen one of those in a TRU in years!
Can everyone remember that the CMF series is in it's 5th year now! Maybe 6th. I remember buying a Godzilla for an ex of mine in 2011. (I should have kept it.) :lol:

Funny. The Walmart i went to in Western NY restocked series... 12? It had the pig man. I wish I bought some of those. But they did the restock in September, that's about a year after the series ended. Targets keep getting more series 15 in, like I saw yesterday, funny, I have hardly ever seen the Monsters series in person.

I have $5 in S@H points / rewards. I was going to buy two Disney minifiugres. Already sold out! They most have been recalled, go out and buy every single one possible!!!!! Go alert the LEGO blogs that they are being recalled because of safety issues, or legal issues or production issues!! ;)
How often are you in WNY? That's my neck of the woods.

How often are you in WNY? That's my neck of the woods.
My best friend lived in Rochester from 2009 to last October. I lived In there last year.

And I fucking hate TRU. I bought three NinjaGo mini figure pollywogs, three series 13, three series 14 mini figures and swamp police. My order is in 3-4 packages but instead of three series 13 mini figures I received two and a TMNT MegaBloks bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol... There .com sucks so bad. I had two orders back to back screwed up, then they somehow fd up the return. Somehow they had two scheduled to come back, of course when they didn't get the imaginary second one they charged my cc.

Lego Ideas review deadline just passed. I think this is the first time where I am not really excited about any of them. Fishing shack looks cool, but I doubt it would win. Buildable BB-8 seems like something that Lego would release on their own at some point so I doubt we'll see that approved.

Btw, I don't post here much anymore but if anyone is near the The Lego Store in Kenwood/Cincinnati...I work there now! Or well...I've worked there for the past 6 months. So come say hey to me (Mike) if you happen to be around.

Lol... There .com sucks so bad. I had two orders back to back screwed up, then they somehow fd up the return. Somehow they had two scheduled to come back, of course when they didn't get the imaginary second one they charged my cc.
If they fuck up the return I will call my credit card company and get the whole fucking thing overturned. But I literally bought 3, 3, 3 in pollybags (3 series 13, 3 monster and 3 ninjago) and two of the ninjago came Saturday in their own envelope. The third today. Like one warehouse didn't have three to be sent all together?

And knowing TRU they will give me issues over my return because of their mistake.

I was going to buy some more mini figures from them but now, I don't know. Sadly S@H sold out of the Disney one (for now) but I doubt they will be back by the time free shipping is around.

Lego Ideas review deadline just passed. I think this is the first time where I am not really excited about any of them. Fishing shack looks cool, but I doubt it would win. Buildable BB-8 seems like something that Lego would release on their own at some point so I doubt we'll see that approved.

Btw, I don't post here much anymore but if anyone is near the The Lego Store in Kenwood/Cincinnati...I work there now! Or well...I've worked there for the past 6 months. So come say hey to me (Mike) if you happen to be around.
No one 'wins', Lego might not even pick any of them. I have a feeling thatchy might all be rejected but then next year we will just happen to get a gingerbread house and maybe a creator fishing shack.

I'm curious to how many hours do you get? I really screwed up my time in NY but I was living close to a store and wish I stayed and tried to get a job there.

No one 'wins', Lego might not even pick any of them. I have a feeling thatchy might all be rejected but then next year we will just happen to get a gingerbread house and maybe a creator fishing shack.

I'm curious to how many hours do you get? I really screwed up my time in NY but I was living close to a store and wish I stayed and tried to get a job there.
Yeah "win" was a poor choice of words. Lego already had one Gingerbread House model last year, so I doubt they'll do that again unless they decide to do a proper Christmas building this year.

As for my hours, I only work weekends due to my personal availability. So it varies for me from around 12 -18 hours a week.

Oh that's pretty good. I had a friend complain they only gave him 8-14 hours a week. I knew I should have stayed and gotten a job at The LEGO Store.

Yeah "win" was a poor choice of words. Lego already had one Gingerbread House model last year, so I doubt they'll do that again unless they decide to do a proper Christmas building this year.

As for my hours, I only work weekends due to my personal availability. So it varies for me from around 12 -18 hours a week.
I'm assuming this year's Winter Village will be another train

http://brickset.com/sets/10254-1/%7BWinter-Train%7D

Hey, I live in Newport. The name's Alex. I'm not in there often, but stop by with the wife once in a while. Weird to see someone else nearby!

Which figures are you looking for?
Series 12

Pig Suit

Maybes

Wizard, Princess, Goth Girl, Jester

Series 13

Unicorn

King

Devil Dude

Series 14 and 15 I think I'd good with for now (I'll regret not having a skunk later. :lol:)

And ny from Disney. Donald Duck's hat comes off and he has a tail?! So cute!

I know I have an entire set of the jester series, 2 silver centurions, and I think a 66 Mr. Freeze, at minimum, as extras currently.

TRU.com has them too, but a limit of 4 so you can't get free shipping. But you can buy up to 5 of both the monster series or series 15 and buy 8 of all the series for $27 after the 'save $5 on $30' code.

(I hope this makes sense as I haven't slept yet.)
anyone have a photo of what the mailer this is from looks like

Since you guys are posting minifigure extras...

Have:

Shark Suit from Series 15

Wolf man and Cat lady from Series 14

Unicorn, Hot Dog Man, and King from Series 13

Pig, Miner, Prospector, and Spooky Girl from Series 12

Heroic Knight from Series 9

Cave Woman from Series 5

Rocket Raccoon Polybag

Bumper Cart Joker Polybag

Also have tons of vintage stuff including aquanauts and other items.

Shoot me a PM!

thebrickfan.com is reporting a 'rumored to be confirmed' than Sonic is coming to Dimensions. 

This happens the day after Trump wins the nomination. There is no hope left for the human race. I welcome the arrival of our alien conquers, or comet.

I thought hope was lost long ago.
I officially lost hope Memorial Day 2012 when billionaires bratty children overtook Nantucket and were pissing and shitting and puking all over the clothing that cost more than I make in a year.

But I try to hold out a little hope from time to time.... but nope. Trump and 'rumored to be confirmed' are the last straws. I'm done. I'll be passed out drunk in the corner.

But Trump will make America great again. You do know we don't win anymore right? Well last night he said we will win "biggly" (bigly?) once president. If that doesn't inspire hope I don't know what would.

But Trump will make America great again. You do know we don't win anymore right? Well last night he said we will win "biggly" (bigly?) once president. If that doesn't inspire hope I don't know what would.
The only way he will make America great again is if he jumps off a bridge and take his followers with him. And got good measure let's invite Mrs. Clinton.

Something better.... AWD had the blue cargo train for $94 dollars. I was thinking about getting it... then my wifi went screwy. I also don't really like the train that much. I'm hoping a passenger train goes for 55% off, that be like $70.

And TRU fucked my order up even more than I thought. I ordered three series 13 and three series 14. I received 2 series 13 and the damn MegaBlocks thing. Well it turns out on the slip those were supposed to be the Monster series, series 14 and that series 13 is supposed to come in on Friday. Gods know what comes in then. :lol:

Stopped into Target to see if the Disney wave had shown up yet as I haven't seen them around here yet.  Lo and behold a guy was hanging the endcap when I got there.  I grabbed 10 at random and will disperse to the kiddos as I see fit.  :)

Found the Friends tourist kiosk for $5 at Walmart the other day
Today I found the Captain America poly at TRU and picked up a couple

Lego Technic Race Car (it's the green and white one, don't have them in front of me so can't tell you the set number and too lazy to look it up, but I think it's officially called the 24 Hour Rally Car) DPCI 204-00-0788 $38.98 each 70% off

Got my belated May the Fourth deal...

Target: Lego UCS Star Wars Slave 1 regular/msrp $199.99, $59.98 at EXTREMELY few stores = 70% off. DPCI 204-00-1114

[attachment=21794:image.png]

Got my belated May the Fourth deal...

Target: Lego UCS Star Wars Slave 1 regular/msrp $199.99, $59.98 at EXTREMELY few stores = 70% off. DPCI 204-00-1114

attachicon.gif
image.png
That's insane, brickseek just shows 200 with that DCPI. Anyway to find which stores in the country have that price?

My TRU.com order was way fucked up. :lol:

What I ordered...

Three series 13

Three series 14

Three NinjaGo polies

Swamp Police Starter

What I received...

Small Envelope 1

Swamp Police

Two NinjaGo

Two Series 13 

MegaBloks TMNT

Big Envelope  2 

NinjaGo poly

fucking box?! 3 

Three Series 13

Got even more ridiculous as time went on. A box for three pollybags yet an envelope for a box?

The good news is one of the five series 13 is the king which I wanted. One is an alien that I don't mind, but the others are some of my least favorite in the whole series.

Amazon has series 13 and 15 complete sets for $70-$75 with no tax (and 3% back with my Amazon Card) which is about the same as buying them separately and saving a ton of time. But there are a lot of 'bleh' ones in those series.

Also Amazon has single Disney mini figures for normal price and supplied from LEGO... which is a first...

http://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Disney-Minifigures-Building-Mystery/dp/B01CRAEX8K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462648244&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+series+disney 

I don't think I own any of series 13.  I had to look up a pic of them.  Very weak set.  Only the Hot Dog guy looks unique.  Same for series 15.  Shark Guy is the only cool one.

I don't think I own any of series 13. I had to look up a pic of them. Very weak set. Only the Hot Dog guy looks unique. Same for series 15. Shark Guy is the only cool one.
I'll have to disagree. I like the Snake Charmer, the female Samurai, the Unicorn, Ming the Merciless, and the fencer. They're all pretty strong figures, and some of the others have their charms as well.

That said, I do think that Lego seems to be running out of ideas, which is maybe why we're getting Simpsons and Disney to mix things up. If they want to charge $4 a figure, they should all be really strong figures.

Finished off my Disney set today. I would have had it done Wednesday, but I was rushing (because at this TRU, which had like four boxes of Disney figures, they required the employees to stand there in Electronics while people were looking at figures) and I mistook an Aladdin for a Genie.

This is a strong set. Even figures that I was meh about in the pictures are really nice in person. I'm all for skipping the next series of generic retreads so we can get the ones left out of this series.

I actually agree with you both. When they were $3 and TRU didn't act like they were made out of gold (I don't go shopping where they treat me like a criminal when I walk in the door.) I bought full series, even if there were 1-3 'ehh' ones, and a ton of doubles.

There are some good ones, series 13 has hotdog, king, devil, unicorn, fencer, I like the alien head. Plus it has a lot of nice pieces, the snake, the new hand saw, but it's not enough. There is a female cyclops, that's lame, the disco person on skates, while nice looking, not worth $4, yet another space hunter. It's probably one of the worst series in my eyes.

Series 15 is the same, the golden guy, the shark, David Bowie wrester, the animal legos, the skunk, the queens dress, the baby, the skirt, the crutches, the mop. But do I want to spend $4 on a guy in crutches when next year we will probably get a hospital with them? Do I want to spend $4 on a horrible mini figure just to get a skunk or a pig? Plus the others, like the robot or astronaut have been done to death. The series 15 knight looks beautiful. But what will you do with one random knight when people want armies? And at $4 not worth the money for an army.

Overall the mini figures aren't horrible, they just aren't special anymore and are so overpriced. They need to really just do two series a year, a license one and a normal one. $4 times 16 is $64, times that by 3 and you are now you are in the price range of HUGE buildings with a ton of pieces. They aren't worth it.

On the other hand they are worth it because LEGO people are so crazy, you can buy the complete sets now for $75, just leave them in the closet and come back in a year or so and sell them for twice as much.

And the Disney series is OOS again. I have been busy the last week and never went shopping, but really LEGO, If they can't get a stockpile of them made to keep them in stock more than two days than don't release them until June. I really want the series, and maybe a few Stitches, but I'm not going out of my way to find them. If I had PayPal (I hate paypal) I would have ordered them from a UK site.

The problem with the licensed minifig series vs. the standard LEGO ones are the fact I don't need 4 Peter Pans, 3 Aladdins and 2 Donald Ducks.  At least random with regular minifigs, doubles are a non-issue.  Multiple car mechanics?  Sure.  Multiple lifeguards, pizza delivery guys, mermaids or space guys?  Fine. You can make dupes work.  I doubt there's any instance where I would need 4 Stitches.

Obviously this only applies to those of us willing to roll with the random nature as LEGO intended.

Series 16 still hasn't appeared at my local Target. An associate checked the back and could only find a couple boxes of 15 to go with the completely filled display on the floor

Exactly, no one wants a thousand random janitors, or David Bowie wrestlers or mermaids... which last I check there was a mermaid in the Disney theme. ;)
Who else is gonna clean your LEGO city? And with two girls, there are never enough mermaids. :)

Point wasn't that EVERY Lego minifig works as a duplicate, but 99% of the licensed ones don't.

Thanks to a buddy I now have the Batmobile poly which I never saw in stores. Now I just need to track down that venom symbiote poly

bread's done
Back