LEGO Deals 3

So LEGO Dimensions might be getting Star Wars because Disney Infinity is ending.
That would be crazy but possible. Frankly the whole thing came out of left field which makes me wonder Dimensions is even on solid footing financially. There's been the standard PR line of "it did great" but has also been 50% off most of the time. I'd say it certainly did what it was trying to do better than Infinity did.

That would be crazy but possible. Frankly the whole thing came out of left field which makes me wonder Dimensions is even on solid footing financially. There's been the standard PR line of "it did great" but has also been 50% off most of the time. I'd say it certainly did what it was trying to do better than Infinity did.
I completely agree. They talk about how Dimensions has a three year plan and I just don't see it making it there. The fun packs are now $12 and that's still too much. At least there are exclusive mini figures so that might save them.

And it's not like LEGO releases stats, they have no need to, but even the annual report was 'It's doing what we though" which isn't as great sounding as other parts of the report.

If it does fail maybe the licenses can be moved to other things... like sets....

Yeah the Disney properties to DImensions speculation was immediate. Star Wars and Disney anyways, I read that it's not likely Marvel would be able to coexist with DC properties though.

Yeah the Disney properties to DImensions speculation was immediate. Star Wars and Disney anyways, I read that it's not likely Marvel would be able to coexist with DC properties though.
I doubt we will get Star Wars right away or Marvel ever, but I wouldn't be shocked in DC let them. The more units they sell the more money they make with LEGO.

I could easily see Pixar coming. Like a Dory 'mini figure" for the new movie. It opens up a lot of possibilities... but at the same time maybe this whole 'games to life" or whatever they are called is too much.

I doubt we will get Star Wars right away or Marvel ever, but I wouldn't be shocked in DC let them. The more units they sell the more money they make with LEGO.

I could easily see Pixar coming. Like a Dory 'mini figure" for the new movie. It opens up a lot of possibilities... but at the same time maybe this whole 'games to life" or whatever they are called is too much.
I'm actually kinda compelled by the cold possibility that Lego can just make stuff really cheaply and get it on the shelves cheaper than the competition giving them substantially stronger retail based business model that Disney and Activision; who both likely have a labyrinth of supply chain vendor partners to help them get to market.

Also, I'd say flat out that of all the toys to life stuff Lego was the best. I wasn't nearly as burned out by the extremely worn out game design the lego games have because I've only ever played one or two of them but pretty much every aspect of execution was better. The toys were obviously better, the writing and campaign was better, and open world portions added useful longevity that took advantage of the rich texture of the licenses.

They were effectively able to take random licenses like Doctor Who and Wizard of Oz and do more than Disney did with licenses that they have been milking for half a century.

And amiibo are pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I'd say flat out that of all the toys to life stuff Lego was the best.
Eh, I still think Skylanders did it better, minus the whole refresh every release making old figures useless and having 10 different Pop Fizz, etc.

I wasn't nearly as burned out by the extremely worn out game design the lego games have because I've only ever played one or two of them but pretty much every aspect of execution was better.
The Lego portal sucked balls (don't get too excited, Green Giant!)

The toys were obviously better, the writing and campaign was better, and open world portions added useful longevity that took advantage of the rich texture of the licenses.
That I'll give you.

I rather do other things than suck balls.....  :whistle2:

I never got the point of Amiibo. TRU sold the same exact Nintendo looking figures for $5. And the Amigos are so useless you can only store memory from one game. Then they made Amiibo card! Even more useless!

At least LEGO has LEGO in them so other people who don't care about the game buy them. If I can get the BttF ones for cheap I'll keep the updated mini figures and sell that horrible Ideas set.

The BttF set is 11.99 at Best Buy right now. Cheaper with GCU.
I just ordered that one this morning after seeing the price. This will be my first Dimensions purchase. I'm trying to avoid going down the rabbit hole, but I have a soft spot for BttF.

Too bad the Doc Brown one is still full price.

Eh, I still think Skylanders did it better, minus the whole refresh every release making old figures useless and having 10 different Pop Fizz, etc.

We bought swap force for 10 bucks on New Egg and totally got sucked down the rabbit hole, getting trap team and even Giants (which we never played). We started with Infinity which was so mediocre that Skylanders seemed like the work of genius in comparison. I think skylander character leveling was done better and in more interesting way than any other but I still think the lego worlds add more value and longevity the playing skylanders over and over with different characters, even though the Lego worlds are filled with redundant fetch quests, collectibles, and races.

Are you talking about the Batmobile poly? I do realize the promo it was part of but that doesn't change the fact that I never saw it in stores :p

If you're referring to the Venom poly, there doesn't seem to be any concrete info about where to find it

I don't think this has been posted yet but Meijer has some Mperks deals through 5/14 on lego sets

20% off DC Heroes, Marvel Heroes, City, Classic and Creator (i think)  one deal per set  per category they currently have Marvel Age of Ultron Attack on Avengers Tower on clearance too for 45 dollars

edit Minecraft sets are part of the deal too and Friends and Disney have been added through 5/21

I don't think this has been posted yet but Meijer has some Mperks deals through 5/14 on lego sets

20% off DC Heroes, Marvel Heroes, City, Classic and Creator (i think) one deal per set per category they currently have Marvel Age of Ultron Attack on Avengers Tower on clearance too for 45 dollars

edit Minecraft sets are part of the deal too and Friends and Disney have been added through 5/21
You get a like based on your user name

Surprised no one has mentioned the Ras al Ghul set. Can't post pics from my phone but they can be found at brickset and thebrickfan. Minifigs are great but the rest of the set is meh

Just like the bat cave that's barely a 'pit'. The NinjaGo set is what the Batcave should have been.

I was feeling up bags at Target and FOUR other adults were doing the same by the time I left. They screwed me up, but I think I have everyone besides the ducks and the cat because I was al confused by the time I left. I bought a bunch of extras just to be sure. Always nice to see other adults.

However it was the gay white guy (me), Asian woman, black woman, straight guy (I got his number! :lol:) and then Asian woman's husband. I like when there is nice diversity in the hobby.

The cat is easy to tell, short legs fat head no ears. I'm only missing stitch. My daughter opened an extra Donald thinking it was Daisy.

The cat is easy to tell, short legs fat head no ears. I'm only missing stitch. My daughter opened an extra Donald thinking it was Daisy.
I did the complete opposite I opened two daisys thinking one was donald. That bow and cap are so similar be sure to feel for the bottom of donalds cap when you find it to be sure

The whole time I was feeling them I thought the cat had normal legs, so I thought I was feeling the alien. Stitch is easy, no one seems to want him or Hook. Hook's hairpiece is HUGE.

But yeah the ducks are hard to tell apart.

Summer sets are starting to trickle into TRU stores. Only looked through the City and Creator sections though.  Picked up Vacation Getaways and Lighthouse Point Creator sets.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 29 of them, I somehow have four cats, but I missed up on my pile because I felt a Sinister hair, but have two of Incredible dad.

Summer sets are starting to trickle into TRU stores. Only looked through the City and Creator sections though. Picked up Vacation Getaways and Lighthouse Point Creator sets.
Did you see the new rv or the first order general poly?

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 29 of them, I somehow have four cats, but I missed up on my pile because I felt a Sinister hair, but have two of Incredible dad.
The cat is easy to confuse for others if you don't feel for the legs, only 3 sets have short legs. You can mistake the cat the alien if you don't feel for his ding-a-ling on his head. Syndrome and mr incredible were a pain, so was Peter Pan and his cone head.

It comes with the Lazarus pit, Ra's, and Talia. What else could you possibly want?
Less than a $40 pricetag (which I hope is a guess), when the only worthwhile things are the minifigs?

I mean -- seriously -- a Bat Buggy, a door, and some stairs and that's $40? It's in the running with Hydra Fortress Smash for the knockout combo of tiny, overpriced and seriously underwhelming. And, since TRU keeps trying to unload that set in sale after sale, you'd think someone would be listening.

I'll eventually get it, but not at that price.

GameStop had some Dimensions sets on sale so I picked up Slimer and Bane for $7.19 each
Stopped to see my buddy at the swap meet and through trade and just a little bit of cash I got the Friends yacht, Deadshot for myself and Scarlett Witch which was for my oldest son so he now has a full Civil War team. The yacht I had always wanted for myself and it's going to get a redeco at some point, gonna ditch the pastel colors for darker ones.

Less than a $40 pricetag (which I hope is a guess), when the only worthwhile things are the minifigs?

I mean -- seriously -- a Bat Buggy, a door, and some stairs and that's $40? It's in the running with Hydra Fortress Smash for the knockout combo of tiny, overpriced and seriously underwhelming. And, since TRU keeps trying to unload that set in sale after sale, you'd think someone would be listening.

I'll eventually get it, but not at that price.
I agree, and at least the Hydra Fort had a bigfig to somewhat try to prove the price. I thought the batman set was $30, it's a stupid buggy and an ugly staircase. But there is a Yellow tanker that I that would be $30 and that's $40 too.

Anyone have an extra Sinister? I have extra cats and mermaids and Alice.

Any of you guys know what these magnets are from? I don't remember ever seeing them. I found them in a lot I'm sorting through.

56eef7216fd4620e3a3d4cdf2dd4595b.jpg

LEGO used to make just brick magnet sets, like this one...

http://brickset.com/sets/851010-1/Bricks-with-Magnets

7 pounds or $15... remember when the exchange rate was decent. :lol:

Speaking of which in case you guys and gals didn't feel screwed over enough. Because the Canadian Dollar is so weak up north the mini figures are only like $3.20.

They get free health care and cheap college AND cheap LEGO. They need to invade the north right away... or at least before November.

LEGO used to make just brick magnet sets, like this one...

http://brickset.com/sets/851010-1/Bricks-with-Magnets

7 pounds or $15... remember when the exchange rate was decent. [emoji38]

Speaking of which in case you guys and gals didn't feel screwed over enough. Because the Canadian Dollar is so weak up north the mini figures are only like $3.20.

They get free health care and cheap college AND cheap LEGO. They need to invade the north right away... or at least before November.
Thanks, I couldn't find anything on them. Though I guess I didn't look hard enough. They're not very kid safe as I did find a couple of the magnets at the bottom of the bin.

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on them. Though I guess I didn't look hard enough. They're not very kid safe as I did find a couple of the magnets at the bottom of the bin.
It's why LEGO stopped making them and started making those unenclosed ones that the mini figures were clued to.

Are you talking about the Batmobile poly? I do realize the promo it was part of but that doesn't change the fact that I never saw it in stores :p

If you're referring to the Venom poly, there doesn't seem to be any concrete info about where to find it
Sorry. Meant Batman poly.

So much for having a complete collection, I just read on TnB that they are going to give away Green Arrow and Supergirl figs for Dimensions next month at e3.
s-l1600.jpg

Because thankfully it's a bunch of smaller pieces. However there are gears in the clock that you can make it spin, which is very cool.

bread's done
Back