LEGO Deals 3

I am not wild about supporting counterfeit/knock-off goods. I think people should be paid for their work. I went with the Cafe Corner because Lego didn't "miss out" on a purchase.

That said, after sampling the goods, I do think Lego needs to be taken down a peg or two. If Lepin can produce goods of this quality at such vastly reduced prices, surely the worlds leading toy maker can cut consumers a break.
This is why I'm going back to get the 3 missing houses and maybe the UCS falcon. I agree that the lego markup is too much at this point which is why I've paired back substantially in buying anything other than larger sets that I can resell later for a modest profit.

That said, I've seen you in the TF thread and masterpiece KOs tend to be in the same class of "as good or better than the original" which while eye opening at the time showed me the reality of what it looks like to cut out the middleman in terms of production.

This is why I'm going back to get the 3 missing houses and maybe the UCS falcon. I agree that the lego markup is too much at this point which is why I've paired back substantially in buying anything other than larger sets that I can resell later for a modest profit.

That said, I've seen you in the TF thread and masterpiece KOs tend to be in the same class of "as good or better than the original" which while eye opening at the time showed me the reality of what it looks like to cut out the middleman in terms of production.
Those KO Transformers are still pretty expensive, aren't they? When I checked them out, the pricing was comparable to the Hasbro ones. The Lepin sets are half the cost of the actual Lego sets.

Target online has the lego city van and caravan for $11.99. I don't remember how much this was during the sale a couple weeks ago but this looks like the regular online price. In store is still $19.99. The set has good reviews and it has little hot dogs!

http://www.target.com/p/lego-city-van-caravan-60117/-/A-49119157?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=&adgroup=&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9005550&gclid=CIvet9irq88CFVZZhgodijoLIg&gclsrc=aw.ds
Have it and recommend it at $12.

Those KO Transformers are still pretty expensive, aren't they? When I checked them out, the pricing was comparable to the Hasbro ones. The Lepin sets are half the cost of the actual Lego sets.
No, they tend to be half price as well. TF Direct has most for around 35 bucks as opposed to the 70 MSRP Hasbro/Takara lists theirs. Again, to rub more salt in the wound, the KOs often review better because they fix known QC issues and improve on weaker aspects of the original.

No, they tend to be half price as well. TF Direct has most for around 35 bucks as opposed to the 70 MSRP Hasbro/Takara lists theirs. Again, to rub more salt in the wound, the KOs often review better because they fix known QC issues and improve on weaker aspects of the original.
Ah, I see. I was thinking of the really expensive third party ones like Hercules / Devastator.

I don't have Pay Pal so I have never used eBay, but I am looking into getting some knock off Harry Potter or TMTN mini figures some point in the future.

I used to go "I want this set", but now it's "If I see this set for this price. I no longer want any LEGO at full price because 98% of the time it's outrageous.

Some 2017 HORRIBLE pictures. Honestly I wasn't even going to post them they are that bad. All CGI City and creator are rehash, you are better off waiting. NEX is WEIRD. And Girls Super Hero looks amazing. And Frozen already got it's ice castle remade, but instead of $40 I'm guessing $60-$70.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/54fabd/friends_2017_pics/?
https://imgur.com/a/A1cmE
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/547jwb/city_2017_leak/?
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/546uok/speed_champions_2017_leak/?
https://imgur.com/a/ligMl#hZ36iNN
http://i.imgur.com/55swZIm.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/x4uiD#nzslCa0

Last edited by a moderator:
My local target had the big $200 Ninjago set with a $99 As Is.  Unfortunately, the box had been opened and taped up.  I was tempted but decided not to chance it.  Now if that had been a Fire House, it would've been a different story.

My local target had the big $200 Ninjago set with a $99 As Is. Unfortunately, the box had been opened and taped up. I was tempted but decided not to chance it. Now if that had been a Fire House, it would've been a different story.
Couldn't you just return it if it was missing a bunch of pieces? If it was only missing a few LEGO would have sent you the replacements. Win-win in my book.

Couldn't you just return it if it was missing a bunch of pieces? If it was only missing a few LEGO would have sent you the replacements. Win-win in my book.
I could have, but it's not high on my list.

Also, last time I called Lego about missing pieces in a previously opened set, they told me they typically don't send replacement parts for them. They gave me a "one time exception" at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I could have, but it's not high on my list.

Also, last time I called Lego about missing pieces in a previously opened set, they told me they typically don't send replacement parts for them. They gave me a "one time exception" at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
You called them? Just go on line and 'buy' what you want. I had to do it several years back and no issue. If they have an issue just get pissy at them and tell them how much the set is a ripoff and yell. :)

Im surprised they already have Moana sets planned. Looks like they used the Hulk mold for the Dwayne Johnson character

I meant to post this the other day, but Saturday I was out of my usual area and decided to hit up a Target to see if they had anything in clearance and y'know what?

I found quite a few Lego sets on clearance! They had all of the JW Lego sets for half off as well as quite a few of the SW microfighters at half off. I ended up picking up the Raptor Rampage and Dilophosaurus Ambush sets for $37.xx. I might go back for the T-Rex set this weekend...

Super stoked for this Friday. Gonna make my first order at the Lego online store to get that free Revan minfig. 

You called them? Just go on line and 'buy' what you want. I had to do it several years back and no issue. If they have an issue just get pissy at them and tell them how much the set is a ripoff and yell. :)
Yeah, I had to call them for the original Avengers Hulk set. It was missing Hulk and Thor along with a few other minifigures that weren't shown on the order page. I think it was to prevent people from just ordering the minifigures.

Super stoked for this Friday. Gonna make my first order at the Lego online store to get that free Revan minfig.
Well crap! Now I'm going to have to go Friday to get the Minifig and Saturday to get October's free gift with purchase. The free gift is kinda lame, but I still need 75094 and that's $100 so might as well. Good to know that I can still get X2 VIP points and a free gift on Friday as well though. Free Lego is always a good thing :)

I know it has been mentioned here before but always ask at gamestop if they have extra preorder bonuses. I had luck at a local gamestop acquiring the "Lead Villain Vehicle" kit from the Lego Star Wars Force Awakens game.  

I know it has been mentioned here before but always ask at gamestop if they have extra preorder bonuses. I had luck at a local gamestop acquiring the "Lead Villain Vehicle" kit from the Lego Star Wars Force Awakens game.
And don't forget to give them out to your CAG friends :p

Yeah, I had to call them for the original Avengers Hulk set. It was missing Hulk and Thor along with a few other minifigures that weren't shown on the order page. I think it was to prevent people from just ordering the minifigures.
They do, but you normally can still order the pieces and explain what happened and they send you a new one. I had to do it with Cars printed pieces that were oddly warped. They weren't in stock, I explained that the bricks I have are warped and without telling me sent me the replacements.

Perhaps this belongs more in the Dimensions thread, but since I am not really commenting in the game... I love the Mr. T figure. Great hair piece, great design. I would highly recommend picking it up with another fun pack at Target this week, for those with or without the game.

Perhaps this belongs more in the Dimensions thread, but since I am not really commenting in the game... I love the Mr. T figure. Great hair piece, great design. I would highly recommend picking it up with another fun pack at Target this week, for those with or without the game.
I tried buying it with a preorder of E.T. but target.com is all kinds of crazy.

Soooo, I set up an order on the Lego site to get the free Revan. I checked out with PayPal and got a confirmation from PayPal, but when I looked at the Lego site, no confirmation of the order.

To be safe, I ordered something else to try to make sure I get the free Revan. This time, I used my actual credit card and while it's a pending charge there, same thing with no order confirmation on Lego's behalf. So my question is, have I actually made an order? Should I just call them tomorrow?

The LEGO Shop is having issues?!?! Nooooooooo. No way! That is soooo not like LEGO, the biggest toy company in the world, to not have a fucking functioning website.

My orders actually both show up on the site now as in the warehouse. Which is nice, but still no emails from Lego. GG, from all you'd said I expected their website to be shit, but man, you were not playing around. 

So i havent kept up with the thread much.  But I have been trying to find the Disney MiniFigs and they appear to be already gone...that wasnt even 6 months was it?  Thanks.  Trying to buy some for my son. 

So i havent kept up with the thread much. But I have been trying to find the Disney MiniFigs and they appear to be already gone...that wasnt even 6 months was it? Thanks. Trying to buy some for my son.
Try every Target you come across. My one Target that lags behind with Lego releases actually just brought out another case of Disney and 2 more cases of the Monster figs from last year.

Is the Darth Revan gone already? Has anyone seen it as added to their cart? Only thing that shows in my cart free is the nexo knight ultimate lavaria when you add $50 worth to your cart.

My orders actually both show up on the site now as in the warehouse. Which is nice, but still no emails from Lego. GG, from all you'd said I expected their website to be shit, but man, you were not playing around.
The LEGO website has been an unusable mess for at least 5 years. Then the last few months it was decent. So what did they decide to do? Change it completely right during the busy season!

So i havent kept up with the thread much. But I have been trying to find the Disney MiniFigs and they appear to be already gone...that wasnt even 6 months was it? Thanks. Trying to buy some for my son.
Targets and Walmarts. Depends where you are in the country. I haven't seen any in about a month but it depends where you live. However they release three minifigure series a year, so they are only around 1-6 months at the most. It depends on the series. Disney was very popular. There was a rumor that the series after it pushed up so LEGO could rerelease more Disney, but I don't think that turned out to be true.

Darth Revan the same figure from a few years ago?
Yeah, by the looks of it they found a box or two in a warehouse and threw them in with 4-5 orders. :lol:

They also got rid of free shipping on any purchase and now it has to be over $35.

Glad I got this late last night.
My cart still says free shipping.

Ah, you're right.  I was going by the banner at the top of my cart which says free over $35.  Added a $25 SW set and the shipping shows $0.00.

Ah, you're right. I was going by the banner at the top of my cart which says free over $35. Added a $25 SW set and the shipping shows $0.00.
Yeah, I think that banner just stays there. Who knows? Because the only thing clear is LEGO isn't.

Brickset is having a little contest to win a free book. People are complaining about 'discrimination' because it's only open to the USA. Yet they don't seem to mind getting triple points on Star Wars today when the USA get's double, they don't seem to mind saving 10 on 40+. :wall:

http://brickset.com/article/23767/win-a-cool-prize-courtesy-of-dk

^^ lol those replies are pretty hilarious. Let's boycott DK for not allowing me to win a $15 book!
Overprivileged little bratty white teenagers who have never had any hardship in their life bitching about not being able to win a contest they will never win anyways. Clearly Europeans who think that their lives are horrible yet don't

Honestly, they can take my spot in the contest if I can save $10 from S@H. :lol:

I did win a ticket to NYC ComicCon in 2014 from Brick-set so you never know.

Is the Darth Revan gone already? Has anyone seen it as added to their cart? Only thing that shows in my cart free is the nexo knight ultimate lavaria when you add $50 worth to your cart.
I read this as "Nexo Knight Ultimate Latveria".

I am so disappointed that's not what it really is.

bread's done
Back