LEGO Deals 3

Hmm... might be a good enough bargain to risk it though. Interesting that it's only relatively recent sets (like wouldn't you think older used SW sets are available all over the place?). How'd you find this guy in the first place? The sets don't seem to have a limit either; like I can add 200+ UCS MFs to my cart. One guy doing this out of his basement obviously doesn't have that much inventory.
I got a newsletter from his store in my email about three weeks ago asking if I had any Lego sets gathering dust because they have a trade in program. Never heard of this before then, but looking at Brick Link, there is a store on there called Darth Bricks. Cross referencing the physical address in the email (160 N Gulph Rd, King of Prussia, PA), he works out of a mall. The original info email address for the website was [email protected] and I tried emailing that one, but it came back with a "this email address doesn't exist" email. The next newsletter had the email address replaced with [email protected] and I actually got back a reply from the owner (Glen) and he claims he didn't receive any sort of emails from me and that he was just a one man operation with the website being an extension of his store. My next email was pretty much just asking him for any feedback I could read about because I would like to place an order but the prices seemed too good to be true, but I never got a second reply.

You do bring up a good point about the stock and newness of the sets, though. Also interestingly, stock has fluctuated on the site since I've been looking at them. Originally, there were no minifigures (except Luke) or Krennic's Shuttle and the Imperial Troop Transport and Death Star were out of stock. Looking at the site now, Yoda and Luke are both OOS which both were in stock yesterday, so it at least seems like stock changes.

I think I may just place a small order in a few days and use Paypal just to be safe.

A $159 UCS MF!?! Yeah, no way that’s legit
See, that's the one that made me like wat.

Edit: Funny enough, they don't allow Paypal, so gotta be a scam. There's also no store listing for them on the King of Prussia mall's site. Just a Lego store there. Which leads to a greater question, how did this store get my email addresses?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a newsletter from his store in my email about three weeks ago asking if I had any Lego sets gathering dust because they have a trade in program. Never heard of this before then, but looking at Brick Link, there is a store on there called Darth Bricks. Cross referencing the physical address in the email (160 N Gulph Rd, King of Prussia, PA), he works out of a mall. The original info email address for the website was [email protected] and I tried emailing that one, but it came back with a "this email address doesn't exist" email. The next newsletter had the email address replaced with [email protected] and I actually got back a reply from the owner (Glen) and he claims he didn't receive any sort of emails from me and that he was just a one man operation with the website being an extension of his store. My next email was pretty much just asking him for any feedback I could read about because I would like to place an order but the prices seemed too good to be true, but I never got a second reply.

You do bring up a good point about the stock and newness of the sets, though. Also interestingly, stock has fluctuated on the site since I've been looking at them. Originally, there were no minifigures (except Luke) or Krennic's Shuttle and the Imperial Troop Transport and Death Star were out of stock. Looking at the site now, Yoda and Luke are both OOS which both were in stock yesterday, so it at least seems like stock changes.

I think I may just place a small order in a few days and use Paypal just to be safe.

See, that's the one that made me like wat.
I have a strong feeling you'll end up getting Lepin sets. I did a google image search on the set images on his site and at least a couple of them lead back to Lepin sets on AliExpress, etc. That doesn't prove anything but my hunch is that is what is going on.

Also if you look at the FAQ on the site, it says you need to give him a few days after you order to "complete" the set before he can ship it. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he is drop-shipping knockoffs.

As far as operating out of a mall... that's not just any mall, that's the largest mall in America, by some metrics. I grew up near there and still have family in the area. I still go to that mall when I visit for the holidays. The mall is flourishing and leasable space there is not cheap. I have a hard time believing this guy is paying rent in that mall, even for just a storage closet.

Those sets are not Lego. If the listing doesn't say Lego and the prices are too good to be true you don't need to ask. Anytime you buy Lego ask if its 100% authentic lego. If they lie you have an argument that the seller tried to decieve you. Anytime you buy a name brand like that ask the seller to state that on the invoice before you pay.

After watching the Lego Movie Part 2, I think I want that Sweet Mayhem spaceship but I'm not sure if I should get it now or just wait it out for bigger discounts

After watching the Lego Movie Part 2, I think I want that Sweet Mayhem spaceship but I'm not sure if I should get it now or just wait it out for bigger discounts
After the movie underperformed it's opening weekend I say wait for it as 30-50% off sales will clearly happen before Christmas.

Hopefully it performs better, I liked it better than the first one but waiting for better discounts sounds like a good idea, thanks!
That's what a bunch of people who have seen it said. The trailers look boring and the sets are pathetic so I think once word spreads that it's not garbage then people will see it.

Also a 5 year ga between 1 and 2 and the NinjaGo one that doesn't fit in anywhere probably didn't help.

I thought I posted that there are four Brickheads for TLM2, two were Walmart exclusives and two were Target Red Card. All sold out in about 3-5 hours. So hopefully no one wanted those.

Someone here mentioned Harry Potter CMF. I almost bought an almost complete set on eBay. 21 of 22 sold for $46 shipped. Even though I got 15-16 of them for $36. It's a good time to buy them as the market is floored with them. Same with the 1 a box first cop minifigure. Goes for $10 now instead of $30.

Walmart has the Elves Turtle set for $12.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Elves-Naida-the-Water-Turtle-Ambush-41191-205-Pieces/189726539

Then there is this that I find amazing what people would spend on thing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Jurassic-World-Park-White-T-Rex-Raptor-Pterodactyl-Dinosaur-Minifig-Lot-23/401702471217

I thought I posted that there are four Brickheads for TLM2, two were Walmart exclusives and two were Target Red Card. All sold out in about 3-5 hours. So hopefully no one wanted those.

Someone here mentioned Harry Potter CMF. I almost bought an almost complete set on eBay. 21 of 22 sold for $46 shipped. Even though I got 15-16 of them for $36. It's a good time to buy them as the market is floored with them. Same with the 1 a box first cop minifigure. Goes for $10 now instead of $30.
Sweet, I'll have to check it out. Though I'm only missing 6 or so.

And wtf with the dinosaurs... holy crap

I was hoping it would be more like the Monster Fighters series. The sets look cool, but I prefer the gothic style better.
Can't always get what you want.... :p

Dinosaurs? What am I missing? Expensive or cheap or new sets?
Expensive. The eBay link I had sold two dinosaurs from the first Jurassic World base, and a common flying lizard for $101. The damn base was $85 at Walmart within a week of the movie release in 2015. The knockoff is $20 and looks just as good.

We are getting a Steamboat Mickey Mouse set (which the figures were already leaked) and a fucking Friends (TV Show) set. We don't get a Golden Girls set but we get a fucking Friends set!

LOL. Just watched the video. I thought you meant Friends the Lego theme, not the TV show! Set doesn't look that great. Steamboat Willie could be cool, but I don't like the original ship design. Too angular. Be interesting to see what changes they make.

We are getting a Steamboat Mickey Mouse set (which the figures were already leaked) and a fucking Friends (TV Show) set. We don't get a Golden Girls set but we get a fucking Friends set!
I always thought "Steamboat Willie" sounded like a sex position I would only find on urban dictionary.

My kids are on break this week and I'm hoping to get them to Lego Movie 2 this Friday but the showtimes haven't been listed yet

I like Friends but not enough to get the set. My sister is a fan though so it’ll make for a good present
Stoked for steamboat willie though, just hope they improve on the boat before release

I always thought "Steamboat Willie" sounded like a sex position I would only find on urban dictionary.

My kids are on break this week and I'm hoping to get them to Lego Movie 2 this Friday but the showtimes haven't been listed yet
It's a sex act not a position and there are several different meanings on Urban Dictionary... DO NOT LOOK IT UP!!!! I've done some crazy sexual things and even I went... :shock: :whistle2:& 8-[

How does the LEGO Flintstones set have zero dinosaur references ... even the original design had little lizards and stuff ... ridiculously stupid imo.

My main issue with the Flintstones set is that they house is gray. In my mind, the Flintstones house was closer to tan or what Lego calls "brick yellow." Although I just googled it and the colors on that cartoon were all over the place, so maybe it's just a false memory on my part.

How does the LEGO Flintstones set have zero dinosaur references ... even the original design had little lizards and stuff ... ridiculously stupid imo.
I haven't seen an Ideas set miss the mark by so much since the BttF set. It's really a mess. The grey color is 'off' but not really, the house changed color and even shape throughout the show. My main issue with the set is that it's not round enough. The house should be more round, even the original did a great job with that.

It's the one time that they should have made the set $80-$100 and give fans the correct house and all the figures. Downsizing it was a huge mistake.

I really don't care about the size, but missing Dino (and the door bell bird) are the worst offenders to me. Followed by not having the iconic cat in the ending. The inclusion of the ribs is the only thing they did more than the bare minimum on.

Edit: Now I can't remember if they had a door bell.

I really don't care about the size, but missing Dino (and the door bell bird) are the worst offenders to me. Followed by not having the iconic cat in the ending. The inclusion of the ribs is the only thing they did more than the bare minimum on.

Edit: Now I can't remember if they had a door bell.
Right! Not like they didn’t have an existing saber tooth tiger they could have just thrown in ... really silly

I bought the BBT set.  I'd totally be down for a Friends set.

That's a rough design though.  Hopefully the design team can clean it up quite a bit.

Brick link has been doing this crowdsourcing thing to get 'sets made if they reach the goal. I thought it was just through the website but LEGO is a huge part of it too. There are some decent sets, the prices aren't too bad. The old fashion fire truck is HUGE. There is a shotgun fair game for only $58 if people want to add that to their fairgrounds display.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/crowdproject/main.page

Also the Brick Bank seems to be gone. I was a good adult and didn't buy it as it turns out  I'm $6,000+ in debt. :lol:

I wish the NinjaGo ones were that easy to find.

I got mine free when I bought a bunch of Nexo / NinjaGo Movie for 50% off a few months back.
I got my HP barnes and noble minfigs when they were haviing their 50% clearance online. The HP figures shipped but the other orders got delayed and delayed and eventually cancelled. I was never charged for the minifigs

I got my HP barnes and noble minfigs when they were haviing their 50% clearance online. The HP figures shipped but the other orders got delayed and delayed and eventually cancelled. I was never charged for the minifigs
Nice! I had like 30% of my order canceled and was under the $75 needed, but they shipped before 2-3 of my ideas were canceled. I can't remember exactly what I bought, but some Nexo Borg and NinjaGo Movie sets for 50% off are always welcome.

Does anyone have any recommendations for LEGO buy/sell groups on Facebook?

Preferably, I'm looking for the most popular groups for creator, modular and older city sets.

Any suggestions?

Amazon offered me a 6 month payment plan on the Brick Bank so I took it. It's been a shitty year so fuck it all I bought the damn thing finally. :lol:

Sweet. These are great. Purchase Lego, wait for the $10 GC, use the $10 GC on the next purchase, repeat.

Got my eye on the Hogwarts Express and Captain Marvel this time.

Edit: Target does not seem to have too much Lego on sale this time, and is it me or do they not really have as many sets?

Edit: I just saw the new Mos Eisley Cantina set in Target's listings, What a box of sadness!

Sweet. These are great. Purchase Lego, wait for the $10 GC, use the $10 GC on the next purchase, repeat.

Edit: Target does not seem to have too much Lego on sale this time, and is it me or do they not really have as many sets?
Target has gotten really slow with giving the 10$ email. Took 5-7 days back in the fall.

Target has the same amount of email, between I saw the sale earlier in the week I didn't even think to mention it because before everything was 20% off AND the gift card. Now 95% of the sets are MSRP so finding deals is harder.

Walmart has the Hoth Med Center set for $20, pretty much the only way to get a fucking Leia. Also the Elves Turtle set is $11 again.

Make sure you are checking your local Kohl’s for clearance LEGO. A lot of people do not realize they even carry LEGO and some sets have been marked down 70%. Through tonight you also get $15 back in Kohl’s cash for every $50 spent. I have personally found the following at stores near me:

Star Wars Sandcrawler for $41.99
Ninjago Firstbourne for $20.99
Star Wars Snoke’s Throme Room for $20.99
Friends Big Race Day for $17.99
Friends Creative Tuning for $11.99
Rapunzel Caravan for $19.99
Star Wars Conveyex Train for $26.99
Creator Green Dino for $4.49
Ariel’s Celebration Boat for $24.99
Juniors Batcave Attack for $12.49
Minecraft Skeleton Attack for $11.99
Friends Heartland Hospital for $29.99
Creator Sweet Surprise Shop for $7.99
Jurassic World Carnotaurus Escape for $23.99

Also I have been told that Sleeping Beauty Fairytale Castle has been marked down but I have not seen any in stores near me. The website does not show clearance inventory for in store so only way to know is go to the store and scan. 50-70% off plus Kohl’s cash is pretty phenomenal.

Thanks for the heads up, never considered checking Kohl's.  I'll see what I can find tonight.

Edit: Not much at my store...Adventure Time for $30.

bread's done
Back