LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='Docsamson']Amazon has the Monster Fighter's Vampyre Castle for $80. Worth it?[/QUOTE]
Really like the set, but I am a big fan of the Monster Fighters line.

I really like the Castle, for that price I'd get it. I'm also a fan of that series, as we have every set in the line, including the Haunted House, which is easily my favorite in the set.

Hi all, just a few quick questions. Does anyone know where I could possibly still get Lego set #8129 (ATAT walker) without paying the "ebay tax"? I have been looking for that set to complete my hoth collection, but have had no luck. The other thing I wanted to know was, I am dying to build my millennium falcon, but am worried that I will drop the value significantly in the long run. Should I just suck it up and build it? (the collector inside of me is saying heck no!)

Oh and btw, if anyone is interested, I have an extra sealed minecraft lego set that I would be willing to sell. My friend bailed on me last minute so I am stuck with an extra set. Looking to sell it for $40-45 plus shipping. I posted here just in case some of you do not check out the sale thread.

Buy duplicates if you can't decide. Although, i can't imagine how fun it is to spend hundreds of dollars on legos to just admire them in their boxes.

If you have to get your ATAT from ebay, get the motorized set...hands down the most kick-ass set I own.

Yeah, build the Falcon, it's pretty damn cool even if it isn't the CS version. As for the Minecraft set, it's been popping up on Amazon pretty frequently for $35 + free shipping. Unless it disappears before the holidays I wouldn't expect to get a markup on it.

Question, is there any way to get the SW Battle for Hoth game stateside? Looks like it's a foreign release. Was it ever released here? I could have sworn I saw it on shelves at some point.

[quote name='Bubbamel']Oh and btw, if anyone is interested, I have an extra sealed minecraft lego set that I would be willing to sell. My friend bailed on me last minute so I am stuck with an extra set. Looking to sell it for $40-45 plus shipping. I posted here just in case some of you do not check out the sale thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're complaining about ebay tax and then you want us to pay a $10 markup for something that is regularly available for MSRP? This is CAG, man.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, you're complaining about ebay tax and then you want us to pay a $10 markup for something that is regularly available for MSRP? This is CAG, man.[/QUOTE]

On ebay its going for $60...and i am asking for$40-45? I did have to pay tax and shipping so what exactly is your point? $34.99+7%tax=$37.44+$6.95delivery=$44.39 (got it from lego.com). I know it's CAG hence the reason I am selling it for the price I paid for it.

Thanks for the info on the ATAT and millennium falcon. I am just going to build it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd build the MF, Lego will make another one in 4 years anyways. If it's ever 35%+ off I'd buy it and build it in a day.

[quote name='skiizim']Just depends on your area, the last one I went to (superman/batman) we got there around 30-45 minutes early and they just happened to start at that time.[/QUOTE]

Interesting....I guess I'll just shoot for a little before noon. Give my daughter some time to look around.

[quote name='Bubbamel']Hi all, just a few quick questions. Does anyone know where I could possibly still get Lego set #8129 (ATAT walker) without paying the "ebay tax"?

I am dying to build my millennium falcon, but am worried that I will drop the value significantly in the long run. Should I just suck it up and build it? (the collector inside of me is saying heck no!)[/QUOTE]

So, you're concerned about the value in the long run of a set if you build it. You're worried that building it will effect the eBay tax you can charge later. You also don't want to pay the eBay tax on a set that's discontinued. I'm just confused.

[quote name='brock Samson']So, you're concerned about the value in the long run of a set if you build it. You're worried that building it will effect the eBay tax you can charge later. You also don't want to pay the eBay tax on a set that's discontinued. I'm just confused.[/QUOTE]

Um.. No.. i would like to sell the set in the future if it is open at least at the retail cost I paid for it. What would you expect if a set is considered rare? The ATAT is not THAT old so I was hoping not to pay an additional $100 for an open set. Does that make more sense now?

Edit: Listen, if I struck a chord with some people, I apologize, I was just really asking just one simple question. I do not buy with the intention to re-sell, I only buy one of each set I have. I just intend to pass along a lot of them to my children when the time comes, and then they can decide what they want to do.. selling them being one of them.... Or if I can at least break even, if finances are tight, and I do need to sell them. The ATAT was for me to put together with my nephew for the hoth scene we are doing together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a Mine set price-matched at TRU. The Wal Marts and Targets around here were out of it. First TRU was about to price match it, but the manager said no at the very last minute because she saw a corporate e-mail they recieved Sunday that the price is a mistake in the Wal-Mart ad. The lady who helped me first felt bad and made sure the manager gave me my ad back, because she was about to keep it, and told me not every TRU may have seen the email.

Second TRU I went to matched it, but had to get the manager because they had to override it since the discount was more than 50%. I had to convince them that it was the same set, they didn't believe it since, according to them "It's $110 in our system" even though she had the Wal Mart ad in front of her, I had to show her the name on the box and how the pictures are the same.

TLDR I PMed the Mine at TRU. WOOHOO!

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']Finally got a Mine set price-matched at TRU. The Wal Marts and Targets around here were out of it. First TRU was about to price match it, but the manager said no at the very last minute because she saw a corporate e-mail they recieved Sunday that the price is a mistake in the Wal-Mart ad. The lady who helped me first felt bad and made sure the manager gave me my ad back, because she was about to keep it, and told me not every TRU may have seen the email.

Second TRU I went to matched it, but had to get the manager because they had to override it since the discount was more than 50%. I had to convince them that it was the same set, they didn't believe it since, according to them "It's $110 in our system" even though she had the Wal Mart ad in front of her, I had to show her the name on the box and how the pictures are the same.

TLDR I PMed the Mine at TRU. WOOHOO![/QUOTE]

Good job!! I have been reading on a few forums how Toys R US are being extremely vigilant about not pricematching this. What is funny is Toys R Us says it's a price mistake, but Wal Mart has not released anything saying it was... lol. Unless I am mistaken?

[quote name='Bubbamel']Good job!! I have been reading on a few forums how Toys R US are being extremely vigilant about not pricematching this. What is funny is Toys R Us says it's a price mistake, but Wal Mart has not released anything saying it was... lol. Unless I am mistaken?[/QUOTE]

All the Walmarts near me are out, and Target didn't even have a spot for them, but had a display of the set. It looks horrible, even at $40. :lol:

Plus why would Walmart send TRU anything saying it was a pricing mistake? It's just TRU making shit up to save their ass from losing so much money.

Bubbamel, have you tried pricing 8129 by just buying the pieces on bricklink? I did a quick inventory check and it doesn't seem like any of the parts are particularly rare. You might be able to build just the AT-AT for a fraction of the cost of what ebay is charging.

bigdaddy, thanks for sharing the pic! I've been wanting to build a MOC haunted house using the skeleton tower parts and this is an inspiration. Now to find the time :lol:

[quote name='encendido5']Bubbamel, have you tried pricing 8129 by just buying the pieces on bricklink? I did a quick inventory check and it doesn't seem like any of the parts are particularly rare. You might be able to build just the AT-AT for a fraction of the cost of what ebay is charging.

bigdaddy, thanks for sharing the pic! I've been wanting to build a MOC haunted house using the skeleton tower parts and this is an inspiration. Now to find the time :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow encendido.. I never thought of that!! Thank you! I just started collecting Lego again so I was not familar with bricklink. Thank you again.

[quote name='Bubbamel']Wow encendido.. I never thought of that!! Thank you! I just started collecting Lego again so I was not familar with bricklink. Thank you again.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Let me know what the cost comes out as. I'm curious to see what the savings is.

[on the Vampyre Castle]

[quote name='scp89']i bit at target for same price...99 at lego store...[/QUOTE]

If you're going to bite at Amazon, you probably should. I waited on the Star Wars stuff and it started going up around this time in the week. Target will be good until Sunday, and if they're out you can get a rain check.

Found this today at a Japanese dollar+ store called Daiso for $4:

daiso1.jpg

And populated:
daiso2.jpg

Plastic and stackable.

I like those. I just have them in these (now useless) cubby holes on my desk. I think they were meant for CDs... but lets be real, no one uses those. :lol:

all clearance items at kmart are 50% off of markdown through saturday, I picked up a star wars set and some other items.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Is everyone hiding out waking for the end of the world to come or something?[/QUOTE]
That's only for those of you on the east coast.

On a not end of the world note:
A ghost train finally showed up on AWD for $53.xx. Amazon has long had the best price on that set and I was waiting it out in hopes of one showing up with a slightly damaged box.

[quote name='ackbar7']on a not end of the world note:
A ghost train finally showed up on awd for $53.xx. Amazon has long had the best price on that set and i was waiting it out in hopes of one showing up with a slightly damaged box.[/quote]

awd?

I saw the space shuttle station (?) set at Walmart for $35, 50% off. They had a few of them left. Sadly, that was the only set on clearance.

Via The dailybrick is reporting that series 9 will be out in January. This time around they will be in silver packets. Here is the rumored list: (sorry no pics yet)

• Alien Trooper
  • Chicken Suit Guy
  • Maid Marion
  • Heroic Knight
  • Cyclops
  • Mermaid
  • Fortune Teller
  • Dr. Splitz
  • Roller Derby Girl
  • Judge
  • Battle Mech
  • Caesar
  • Downtown Cop
  • Plumber
  • Waiter
  • Hollywood Starlet

A lot of them sound cool, a cop? Really? I hope not. But chicken suit, more aliens sound cool. I'd love a battle mech and roller skates!

I wish they would release more sets with ice skates. I'm not sure where I put mine. :lol:

What is Dr. Splitz?

[quote name='Corvin']Ahh shit, a mermaid. My girls are gonna want that.[/QUOTE]

Read the list with my kids and my daughter said she wanted a mermaid army and then my son, a POTC fan, seconded her idea.

Had me at chicken suit guy, though I'm also looking forward to the mermaid, cyclops, and roller derby girl.

Went by TRU today. They're having a special where if you buy $20 in Monster Hunters stuff, you get a free corpse car poly or a free series 7 figure -- the signs didn't say they were exclusive offers, but when I got up to the front, I had to pick one or the other.

It's not a great deal, as the cheapest way -- mummy + swamp set -- are both overpriced, but I had a rewards certificate I had to use anyway.

[quote name='blandstalker']Had me at chicken suit guy, though I'm also looking forward to the mermaid, cyclops, and roller derby girl.

Went by TRU today. They're having a special where if you buy $20 in Monster Hunters stuff, you get a free corpse car poly or a free series 7 figure -- the signs didn't say they were exclusive offers, but when I got up to the front, I had to pick one or the other.

It's not a great deal, as the cheapest way -- mummy + swamp set -- are both overpriced, but I had a rewards certificate I had to use anyway.[/QUOTE]
I did 5 coffin cars (5th one free); I just want the zombies so it was the best way to get more of them.

Series 9 Battle Mech? Not if Smith & Tinker has anything to say about it. But seriously, Lego needs to get over the anti war policy and get into Battletech.

Lego isn't even anti-war, they had Agents, Batman round 1 was really violent, Castle. They are anti modern war (makes sense), and fake anti-war when it comes to everything.

On the topic of LEGO violence, I often say that the LEGO Harry Potter video games are the best Harry Potter games out there, because no other game lets you play as Voldemort and use the killing and torture curses on anyone you want.

You seriously can just walk around, killing or torturing students, teachers, and everyone else in the game. That would never be allowed in any other Harry Potter game. People discredit the violence since the victims are just plastic bricks, but the important thing is that they represent the real characters. I wonder if LEGO has to approve the content of games before they come out. Either way, those are the best!

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']On the topic of LEGO violence, I often say that the LEGO Harry Potter video games are the best Harry Potter games out there, because no other game lets you play as Voldemort and use the killing and torture curses on anyone you want.

You seriously can just walk around, killing or torturing students, teachers, and everyone else in the game. That would never be allowed in any other Harry Potter game. People discredit the violence since the victims are just plastic bricks, but the important thing is that they represent the real characters. I wonder if LEGO has to approve the content of games before they come out. Either way, those are the best![/QUOTE]

Lego double standards in the work.

Disney just bought Star Wars for four billion dollars.

Episode 7 will come out in 2015.

At least we will get some new vehicles. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Disney just bought Star Wars for four billion dollars.

Episode 7 will come out in 2015.

At least we will get some new vehicles. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. Can't believe that's true. But found the news story myself.

Yep, I saw it on Bloomberg.

Not too shocking of news, but they need to get off their ass and get the movie made in order to make that date.

My buddy texted me the news at lunch and sure enough the news is popping up everywhere. I have mixed feelings on this. Just in shock still I guess. Never though Uncle George would part with his baby.

Considering how many of us feel about how "Uncle George" has recently violated said baby, maybe a foster parents are a good idea? :)

bread's done
Back