LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn I'm so stupid!

Years ago S@H had this set for $5...
http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Batman

I only bought only one because I wanted to stay below whatever for cheaper shipping. Plus the set sucks.,

I should have bought two more. The set is horrible, but Catwoman is awesome (So awesome that she will be in the new movie), along with her bike. That $5 set sells for $30 now on eBay USED!

Screw the stock market, I just need to play my cards better in LEGO. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's what I say about the UCS MF :) I should've bought a couple when they were on sale.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If people start buying up Lego to treat as investments they're going to end up the same way comics and baseball cards did in the 90s.[/QUOTE]
There may be some truth to that, but LEGOs are just so damn cool! At least with LEGOs, there will always be that play & nostalgia factor. Buying a Nolan Ryan rookie card or Xmen #1 does nothing for me, but a classic LEGO set makes things almost orgasmic! ;)

[quote name='encendido5']That's what I say about the UCS MF :) I should've bought a couple when they were on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it was still a few hundred dollars. The Batman set was $5, it's now worth 6 times that.

And it's not like comics and baseball cards, LEGOs are still useful as a toy and have some value. Plus a $5 set will never be less than $5, you could at least get your money back. if you never open the cheap Lego sets they can be used as gifts and such.

No one wants baseball cards and comics, they are useless, out of date, waste of money, paper. :lol:

[quote name='videriant']Buying a lot of stuff for 5-10% of retail is usually good. 50% off not so good an investment.[/QUOTE]

What? :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn I'm so stupid!

Years ago S@H had this set for $5...
http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Batman

I only bought only one because I wanted to stay below whatever for cheaper shipping. Plus the set sucks.,

I should have bought two more. The set is horrible, but Catwoman is awesome (So awesome that she will be in the new movie), along with her bike. That $5 set sells for $30 now on eBay USED!

Screw the stock market, I just need to play my cards better in LEGO. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't beat yourself up too much about it now. Those sets will drop in cost come later this year/early next year. Rumor has it another Batman Lego game will be making its way out by then, which will bring new sets out (with similar figures) and people will be dumping those sets. Look at that Catwoman set on Amazon by the way. It's $199. LOL! Only one left so hurry! :roll:

Are we sure more sets are coming out? Just because there is a new game coming out doens't mean there will be new sets I really love the minifigures, so I hope we do.

need some help or advice I guess...series 2 mini figures - complete set of 16 in new/unopened packages (verified by bar code)

what would be a good price??? I have a chance to buy full set just wondering

Low retail would have been $32($1.99 a pack), with high retail $64 ($3.99 a pack at TRU). A reasonable mark-up is totally up to you.

Anybody see a drop for the Toy Story Train at Target? Still holding at $39.98 around here.

bigdaddy, I remember stacks of the Batman Dragster at Walmart for $5. I didn't like the set at all, but bought one to be a completionist. The set NIB recently went for $120 (free shipping). If only my 401(k) increased 20x's in four years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Batman-Dra...737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b7fcaa49

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If people start buying up Lego to treat as investments[/QUOTE]

People already are. Bricklink is proof of that.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']they're going to end up the same way comics and baseball cards did in the 90s.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about comics, but baseball cards were more a case of companies overproducing to meet demand. Card sets went from one a year in the 70s to god-knows-how-many-a-year in the 90s. I was big into baseball cards in the early 90s, eventually deciding to only collect my favorite baseball player. Well by the mid-90s, there were about 50+ different cards of him released a year. I was so overwhelmed I quit for good.

Now I collect more "productive" things like Lego. :D

Still, I understand the point that if EVERYBODY is out to make a buck, the "market" will go bust. I'm still amazed how inflated prices get for OOP sets. I know I feel a certain pressure to buy a set before it it's too late.

It's ironic, though, because while it's easy to scorn resellers for profiting on children's toys, it's thanks to them you can find many OOP at reasonable prices. Even the sets that are inflated were not hard to find when they were in print. It's not like scalpers create a false demand like with some toys/collectibles.

Sorry for the rambling post. I think about crap like this too much.

[quote name='180husher']

Anybody see a drop for the Toy Story Train at Target? Still holding at $39.98 around here.[/QUOTE]

Around here, once it hit 39.98 they were gone.

[quote name='JediKiller24']Around here, once it hit 39.98 they were gone.[/QUOTE]

Last Saturday a Target with a crushed box had it for $80.

The TS Train has been msrp around here. Walmart has it $59 with free ship to store, but I just got it for $56 or so from Sams Club shipped. Not the best price people have reported, but much better than msrp. It's one set my son really wants every time he sees it at the store. That being said, I'm sure I'm about to find one for $20 cheaper now that I've made my purchase :D

Found Galactic Enforcer for $25 at target and still several were left

Also bought Troll Fortress for $50 but still hoping it drops further next week

Got back from a locally-off Target and bit on the City House on clearance. They also had a box of Series 3 which was super rare! It was the first store I've seen with them out. I felt up for an extra Mummy, Elf and Samurai. Pretty content for today's pickings.

[quote name='BLink']Found Galactic Enforcer for $25 at target and still several were left

[/QUOTE]

Wish my Target had it for that price! It's still $70 for me :(. If you're buying 'em I'll take one, too :D.

That space ship is the best space set in decades. I'm hoping the Target near me lows to $50 soon. They have ones and me want. :)

:bouncy:[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Well if BLink lets me know what Target that is in NY I'll get one for both (ackbar and pirate) and myself... waiting for a reply[/QUOTE]

What am I, chopped liver? 8-[

haha

[quote name='GoingIncognito']:bouncy:

What am I, chopped liver? 8-[

haha[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'll hook you up too... no worries... we're supposed to get a lot of snow tomorrow, but I'll still troop it!!

What's with Target and all the random prices? City Corner $60 but sone are getting them for $14. Galactics are all over the place. $25, $52, $69 at close locations (although I've not seen the cheap price, but I got it for $52). Prince of Persia is full at one store, 30% off at one and just down the street 50% off. Same with the Toy Story trains. All full price here.

I've been tempted to buy a set at one store and return/rebuy at another to get the cheaper price.

The part that frustrates me the most is that all of these recent deals (Venator, Endor, PoP, Space Police) are all fully stocked at the three TRUs in the area, but at ridiculous prices. They have 3 Indy sets there too and all are full price. I wish they had buy 2 get one free going still. I want my Venator!

Also, I'm liking the Power Miners more and more. I wasn't really liking them until I built the Fire Blaster. The minifigs are actually pretty nifty. The rock monsters are translucent and have flip open heads (for mouths, kind of like all Canadians in South Park :lol:), and the miners themselves have this cool helmet with visor that has a slit in it for seeing. I just opened a Claw Catcher and am about to put it together and when I looked at the sticker sheet one of the stickers says "Danger Flying Monsters" and has a little picture of a rock monster flying through the air. Also it comes with a frying pan and sausage...woo!

I need to check my target tomorrow to see if the SP finally dropped to 75% off. The one by me had 10 or 12 unmarked in the regular Lego aisle. They rang up at $50 on Wednesday.

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']What's with Target and all the random prices? City Corner $60 but sone are getting them for $14. Galactics are all over the place. $25, $52, $69 at close locations (although I've not seen the cheap price, but I got it for $52). Prince of Persia is full at one store, 30% off at one and just down the street 50% off. Same with the Toy Story trains. All full price here.

I've been tempted to buy a set at one store and return/rebuy at another to get the cheaper price.

The part that frustrates me the most is that all of these recent deals (Venator, Endor, PoP, Space Police) are all fully stocked at the three TRUs in the area, but at ridiculous prices. They have 3 Indy sets there too and all are full price. I wish they had buy 2 get one free going still. I want my Venator![/QUOTE]

Each Target and WM is run by the individual Store manager which approves of clearence and mark downs.

Sometimes there are nation wide clearences like last last xmas when WM had $100 Castle sets and I picked up 3 for $25 each :D... but lately it's been hit or miss if your WM has that item at the price others are reporting.

It seems that Kmart is big on matching everywhere. If there is a clearance, it's everywhere, a sale, everywhere, and special sale bonus on clearance, everywhere.

So Targets and WM operate differently and if you have more than 1 or 2, consider yourself lucky and abuse the hell out of them so you can make me jealous :bomb:

Oh and those living next to lego stores or multiples... I hate you too. :whistle2:#

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Also it comes with a frying pan and sausage...woo![/QUOTE]
You gotta love the LEGO sausage. My favorite part of the Advent Calendar this year was that the pack with the mom came with 2 sausages. When my wife saw that she told me it seemed a little wrong...

[quote name='ackbar7']You gotta love the LEGO sausage. My favorite part of the Advent Calendar this year was that the pack with the mom came with 2 sausages. When my wife saw that she told me it seemed a little wrong...[/QUOTE]

Seems right to me. ;)

Plus the set had naked showering Santa! That's not wrong?

At $25 buy all the space ships they have. You will have no problem selling them. If shipping isn't insane I'll take one too. :p

Happy 400th page!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Seems right to me. ;)

At $25 buy all the space ships they have. You will have no problem selling them. If shipping isn't insane I'll take one too. :p

Happy 400th page![/QUOTE]

haha yeah.. naked santa...

I agree at $25 buy them all!

I'm only on page 80 with my settings though :cool:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Seems right to me. ;)

Happy 400th page![/QUOTE]
Now Santa wasn't naked, the hip joint was clearly black. He was wearing a g-string, alright. Though that may be even more wrong

[quote name='yakkotank']Lego's website has lowered some clearance items to 75% off. The Wind Turbine Transport is now $18![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I checked last night and they were still 50%. Wasn't interested in the turbine at $30, but couldn't resist for $18.

I am proud of myself for not buying more magnets since I already have enough of the minifigs.

[quote name='yakkotank']Lego's website has lowered some clearance items to 75% off. The Wind Turbine Transport is now $18![/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhh fuck, I knew that was going to happen.

Shadow Snapper is a steal at $9...wish I didn't have one already.

In for 2 windmills...two seperate orders with some PAB filler to just push me over $20 to activate code "BR120" which essentially gives me free shipping. Thanks Yakko.

[quote name='180husher']So these S@H magnets are not glued yet correct?[/QUOTE]

I ordered some of the Star Wars magnets earlier in the sale and they were not glued down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit, I just ordered another steamroller last night at $15. I've already contacted them and am awaiting response, but how is S@H about letting you cancel orders?

Anyone think that the previously reduced clearance items that are sold out online but still available in stores got the additional discount? Might be worth a trip to the Lego Store.

[quote name='180husher']Shadow Snapper is a steal at $9...wish I didn't have one already.

In for 2 windmills...two seperate orders with some PAB filler to just push me over $20 to activate code "BR120" which essentially gives me free shipping. Thanks Yakko.[/QUOTE]

Ordered one of each and used the code. Thanks.

awesome - thanks for the heads-up. couldn't resist the SW magnets at $4.48 and i needed some PAB anyway. the BR120 code basically giving you free shipping if you're between 20 and 25 bucks is great.

I think I may have just gotten the last Shadow Snapper :D

I went in for a Shadow Snapper, a Single Drum Roller, and a Lego Party Pack (my kid will love the planes and trucks). The Windmill was already sold out.

Does anyone know if the Atlantis magnets are glued? As people said, the Star Wars ones are currently not glued. I just bought some sets of Star Wars magnets from the sales page, so I sent them an e-mail inquiring about a price adjustment.

I had the turbine in my cart and while I was messing around, it sold out! DOH! Oh well. It was the most expensive set in my cart.

Did anybody buy ninjago spinners? My son wants one and I don't know which one to pick for him. Ninja Ambush Item #: 2258 comes with 2 figures and I could then get him one with a spinner, this way he would have 3 minifigures. The ones from Ninja ambush can be used on the spinner right?

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I think I may have just gotten the last Shadow Snapper :D

I went in for a Shadow Snapper, a Single Drum Roller, and a Lego Party Pack (my kid will love the planes and trucks). The Windmill was already sold out.

Does anyone know if the Atlantis magnets are glued? As people said, the Star Wars ones are currently not glued. I just bought some sets of Star Wars magnets from the sales page, so I sent them an e-mail inquiring about a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Lol that's my order too, but I ordered about 30 minutes before you

As for Atlantis the shark and manta mags are not glued.

[quote name='mickeyp']Did anybody buy ninjago spinners? My son wants one and I don't know which one to pick for him. Ninja Ambush Item #: 2258 comes with 2 figures and I could then get him one with a spinner, this way he would have 3 minifigures. The ones from Ninja ambush can be used on the spinner right?[/QUOTE]

I bought the small boxed sets… I could verify tonight but the spinners should work on all minifigures

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back