LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ItzTitoYo']WTH!! Everything is sold out already. I really hate missing out on deals like that. All I wanted was a Snapper and Turbine...Grrr...[/QUOTE]
Yeah... I got greedy; canceled my order for 1 steamroller and instead of placing another right then I decided to wait until I got back from class. I'm sure you can imagine what ended up happening.

[quote name='mickeyp']Did anybody buy ninjago spinners? My son wants one and I don't know which one to pick for him. Ninja Ambush Item #: 2258 comes with 2 figures and I could then get him one with a spinner, this way he would have 3 minifigures. The ones from Ninja ambush can be used on the spinner right?[/QUOTE]
You can use any fig on the spinners. Does not have to be Ninjago specific. In the beginning, my son loved playing with the spinners, but now he doesn't really care for the spinners and just plays with the figs alone. I haven't really tried using the cards, but IMO I think the whole card concept doesn't seem right with LEGO.

Grabbed a few Turbine Transports and more magnets on S@H!

The $14.98 price for City Corner has now been corrected in my area. This past week I was checking Targets and although the shelf price was showing $14.98, they were never in stock. Stopped by 3 last night and they all finally had them in stock, but for the correct price of $59.99. WTF!

Interesting, my son said some boys in class had Ninjago, but then he said they only brought in the minifigures. Maybe I should just buy him the 2 smaller sets. Anybody have an opinion on the special sensei wu from the lego store is this something worth getting for him.

[quote name='mickeyp']Interesting, my son said some boys in class had Ninjago, but then he said they only brought in the minifigures. Maybe I should just buy him the 2 smaller sets. Anybody have an opinion on the special sensei wu from the lego store is this something worth getting for him.[/QUOTE]

I have the Sensi Wu keychain, and it's pretty cool. My son loves it! He has watched the Lego Ninjago special about 6 times now. When I came home with the Wu, he was very happy. Of course, you can't take it apart, and there is a key chain poking out of his hat, but it's pretty cool.

Wow! A lot of items moved fast after the deeper discount today at S@H. I was debating the race car sets for my son, but those are all gone. I've spent way too much money on Lego sets lately, and since I wasn't dying to have any of those sets, I'll let my wallet rest. :)

Hopefully they are cleaning shop before February's discounts. I'm sure those will be the Prince of Persia sets as the stores have them at half off. I only need one more set from there and I'll be good. Glad I already have Alamut and Quest sets at over half off from Target as I'm sure those will go fast. I just need Fight for the Dagger to round it out.

No news on TRU discounts this weekend huh? Boo!

Yeah I rather surprised PoP hasn't been added online yet at 50% off. There are now no Systems scale sets lift at S@H.

I still don't have a debit card (damn snow and damn minimums!) so I missed out. I would have gotten the Atlantis set, the steam roller for sure and either the Racer - Strong, the Atlantis minifigures, and a Power Miners rock monster key chain, or maybe just two snappers and the roller. For $9 the snapper looks really cool, but the subs suck! I love underwater themes but Atlantis is the weakest theme yet for their subs!

[quote name='GoingIncognito']My Shadow Snapper just got put on backorder :(

It says estimated ship in 30 days. Hopefully it really will.[/QUOTE]

If not call them up and complain and see if you can get another $30 set for $9.

Ended up ordering the TS Duplo Crane, along with a whole bunch of magnets (one can never have enough sharks and manta guys). Everything else was sold out by the time I woke up this morning, but still pretty happy about what I got.

Toys R Us is offering $25 off purchases of $100 or more if you checkout using PayPal. I was hoping that this was in store too so I could cherry pick my set(s) and get back $25 on my Indiana Jones sets I found.

Not much of a deal unless you want one of the large sets, or multiple sets to bring you to $100. Thought I'd share. :D

You can actually remove the keychain part from the minifigure, it's just very hard to do. I tried it twice, the first time worked fine, the woman just has a hole in her hair. The second one was a female skater and the metal didn't come off so I ended up cutting it off and using a black Sharpy to make it look decent. :lol:

A few of the sets are now "call to check...", that's almost always a waste of time.

So for all you near a lego store 75% off sale on leftover clearance sets, downtown chicago store had a huge stack of POP sets (all sets but Battle of Alamut) for 75% off as well as a couple of star wars and atlantis, got a nice haul myself. No wind turbine unfortunately.

Hello, this is my first post in this thread.

My nieces are both 5 and are starting to get into legos, so I'm starting to look for sets on the cheap to get for them as gifts. My son is under a year old, so I'm thinking more about Duplos for him. In all cases, their collections are just starting - the niece with the most Legos has 1 medium sized and 2 small sets right now.

Any suggestions (outside of craig's list, which I'm about to start checking) to get useful/fun pieces on the cheap would be much appreciated! My nieces all seem to like the city sets the best.

[quote name='BLink']Found Galactic Enforcer for $25 at target and still several were left
[/QUOTE]

I am terribly envious. I saw that set, and immediately wanted to buy it - it's very reminecent of the sets I had when I was a kid, and I want to "get one for my son" (who won't actually PLAY with it for 5 years...).

It's still $70 at my MN targets.

Oh... also a question for people more in the know than me right now... I know Lego lost the patents on a lot of their bricks, so clones are coming out.

Best Lock is the only one I know of, and I know that the quality of the sets is AWFUL -- are there any clone bricks that are made of good plastic that would actually be WORTH considering?

I suspect the real deal is still the only way to go, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I don't follow LEGOs that closely, so I had no clue that they had lost patents, and that there were clones. Looking at some reviews for Best Lock stuff, yeah, they look to be awful. And their website is a joke. Looks like something from the late '90s.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Hello, this is my first post in this thread.

Any suggestions (outside of craig's list, which I'm about to start checking) to get useful/fun pieces on the cheap would be much appreciated! My nieces all seem to like the city sets the best.
[/QUOTE]

This thread here is very useful for finding deals, as is www.toysnbricks.com. Don't forget to check http://shop.lego.com frequently for sales :). If you have the time and/or inclination hitting up Target, Walmart, K-Mart, and (sometimes) Toys-R-Us for clearance is a good idea.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Oh... also a question for people more in the know than me right now... I know Lego lost the patents on a lot of their bricks, so clones are coming out.

Best Lock is the only one I know of, and I know that the quality of the sets is AWFUL -- are there any clone bricks that are made of good plastic that would actually be WORTH considering?

I suspect the real deal is still the only way to go, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

They didn't really lose the patents, they never had any. LEGO tried to get the EU to claim that they have a patent on the plastic interlocking toy brick. They failed in the very long court case. Now more third party brands can enter EU markets and hopefully lower the price of the LEGOs there. It has nothing to do if you live in the USA.

The only thing copyright is the minifigure, which actually caused some interior issues when they started making alien heads, and funky robot arms and such. They had to ask their lawyers if they were breaking their own copyright which means others then could copy their alien minifigures.

Not that nay of this matters, China has companies that remake old LEGO sets 100% correct.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Best Lock is the only one I know of, and I know that the quality of the sets is AWFUL -- are there any clone bricks that are made of good plastic that would actually be WORTH considering?
[/QUOTE]
Shame on you... How could you ask such a thing?!

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Shame on you... How could you ask such a thing?![/QUOTE]

:) I used to have a couple knock off brands when I was a kid because my parents couldn't afford the real thing that often. I had some Tyco blocks and another one I can't remember. While they weren't as good as their Lego counterparts, they did provide a cheap way to expand my collection and to build even bigger things.

I haven't owned any Mega Bloks, but they can't be 'that' bad. The Halo series especially seems pretty popular since I always see kids and their parents looking and sometimes buying the sets.

What I don't understand is the hate towards MOC's that use knockoff pieces instead of pure Lego. I've seen this on brothers-brick a couple of times when they posted a MOC and then realized a couple of the pieces were Mega-Bloks. Everybody was all up in arms ready to throw stones at the person for desecrating the creation.

Picked up a Snapper for $8 and Gateway of the Squid for $12 at the Legostore on my lunch break! They had a crazy amount of Ostrich PoPs at $6 and one Home One for $32, but someone snatched that quickly. Close to 600 pieces for $22.... I am happy now. ;)

[quote name='encendido5']

I haven't owned any Mega Bloks, but they can't be 'that' bad. T

What I don't understand is the hate towards MOC's that use knockoff pieces instead of pure Lego. I've seen this on brothers-brick a couple of times when they posted a MOC and then realized a couple of the pieces were Mega-Bloks. Everybody was all up in arms ready to throw stones at the person for desecrating the creation.[/QUOTE]

Mega Blocks are horrible! I made a set one, a big helicopter because people gave them as gifts to me (Lego and MB are the same thing.... blah blah blah). The set didn't connect together correctly, there were spaces in the build because the pieces were made so poorly. My cousin had a TRex and the head (one piece) wouldn't stay on. My Aunt called up and the rep said that it wasn't supposed to. What the fuck?!?!

However I have kept a few pieces that LEGO doesn't make in case I need them for a MOD, fuck the crazy people, it's my MOC.

All your talk of Lego Stores makes me wonder if The Mall of America Legoland counts as such.

I friggin hate that place (the MoA), but if sets are 75% off it might be worth the suffering that is their parking ramps...

Related to the scorn on clone bricks... I actually share it, but only because I want a quality product - not because I have actual brand loyalty. I only know about Best Lock because they've had sets show up on Woot in the past, and I read about them.

it's a shame, really.. some of the best lock models are pretty cool looking; The tank sets look bad-ass.

Today, while I searched Craigslist, I learned that Craigslist is a terrible place to look for Legos... at least for today. I see a LOT of the sale/clearance sets listed here for $10 off MSRP, and not much else.

The little WW2 Best Lock tank sets are OK. I like WW2 stuff and they were super cheap and sit on my shelf. They went together better than the POS Halo Warthog i helped my nephew build last christmas. You would look at that set wrong and it would fall apart. I like halo and iron man but i will never buy any of that cheap crap.

Well I have some ultimate knockoffs, the Enlighten Chinese brand. This is one of the ones who just copies LEGO sets. I ordered them because the minifigs have a more asian look, which I like and I picked up some of the smaller sets on ebay for $1-2 each and thought it was worth a look. The pieces fit together surprisingly well, and overall I was impressed by the quality. The minifigs leave a little to be desired (the arms fit on the torso poorly) but overall I think they are the way to go when picking up knockoffs. Again though I have not bought any of the bigger sets like the train cars or pirate ships, but these are reviewed better than say Best Lock and most of the other brick makers.

[quote name='BLink']Bitch

Went back to check on the Enforcers today and they were all gone.

Now i know not to pass on such deals in the future.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. That sucks. I wonder if they dropped even more today? I guess I'll go check. I thought $50 was good for the set. My 5 year old was going nuts in the store for it. He has no idea I have it at home already waiting for him. :)

Mega Bloks have gotten a lot better than they used to be. They still aren't up to the same level as Lego but the Halo stuff at least is pretty decent and far better than any other knockoffs I have seen. I still would never mix it with real Lego though.

Any suggestions for a replacement set if the Shadow Snapper never comes off of backorder? I was thinking the Creator Log Cabin, a Ferocious Creatures (I have one already, though), or maybe one of the basic block sets that come with some wheels and stuff so my kid can make cars.

Tucano bag uk Alan stuart handbags Lizard skin handbags or markay handbags. Many justices objectively alan stuart handbags leather to impart in boning the
Discount Buy American Made Desiger Gucci Handbags Shop, Cheap Inexpensive American Made Desiger Gucci Handbags Shopper, Wholesale White-leather American
This shoe has an oiled Geobuck or textile and suede upper with dual adjustable hook and loop strap closures and a lightweight GEOX Boy's Geox Jr Arno J01F0F (Boys) - Navy/Orange HOT RIGHT NOW: Jeans | Women's Jeans | Men's Jeans

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Any suggestions for a replacement set if the Shadow Snapper never comes off of backorder? I was thinking the Creator Log Cabin, a Ferocious Creatures (I have one already, though), or maybe one of the basic block sets that come with some wheels and stuff so my kid can make cars.[/QUOTE]

I'd go with the cabin.

So, i went to Kmart in a fit of "I know they're gone but I HAVE to check anyway" for the $3 clearance sets.

I didn't find Legos.. However, I did get reminded why Kmart is in decline - that place was a cesspool.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'd go with the cabin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Cabin is my first choice so far. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they think the backorder will ever be filled or not. I meant to call today, but got caught up at home and they're closed now.

[quote name='skiizim']I'm going to Lego Store tomorrow morning any request on anything 75% off?[/QUOTE]

I'd love a wind turbine, but I don't know if those were in store or not.

They had plenty of both last time I was there, so lets just cross are fingers. Before I go out and do pick up stuff, you guys wouldn't mind if it was bags only?

[quote name='skiizim']They had plenty of both last time I was there, so lets just cross are fingers. Before I go out and do pick up stuff, you guys wouldn't mind if it was bags only?[/QUOTE]
Not at all.

[quote name='skiizim']They had plenty of both last time I was there, so lets just cross are fingers. Before I go out and do pick up stuff, you guys wouldn't mind if it was bags only?[/QUOTE]

Of course not! :D

And many thanks, just PM me for payment once you get shipping costs.

Mmmm, Wind Turbine! I have yet to visit a Lego store, so I don't know what they carry or the typical price off. If they have a Venator for 75% off I'd take it :D. Or a Midi Millenium Falcon. If they have SW Battlepacks for 75% off I'd be interested, too.

There's a Lego store about 45 mins - 1 hour from me, but I don't know when I'll be able to actually go. Do they typically have a clearance section in store?

[quote name='skiizim']I'm going to Lego Store tomorrow morning any request on anything 75% off?[/QUOTE]

I'd love a single drum roller, a snapper, and an ostrich set. And bags only works perfect

Hopefully they have some stuff when I get tomorrow. They get there truck in on Thursday, so we'll see what they have.

@GoingIncognito, the Lego Store I frequent is located inside an outlet mall, the store still runs the same but frequently gets discounted damaged sets from anywhere between 10% and 30%. Although I have seen some sets for 50% such as the Green Grocer I picked up a while back. Star Wars is pretty much off limits, I had trouble just picking up a Home One and I got lucky. When they were running 50% off they did have plenty of City, Atlantis, PoP, & certain Duplo Sets.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Mmmm, Wind Turbine! I have yet to visit a Lego store, so I don't know what they carry or the typical price off. If they have a Venator for 75% off I'd take it :D. Or a Midi Millenium Falcon. If they have SW Battlepacks for 75% off I'd be interested, too.

There's a Lego store about 45 mins - 1 hour from me, but I don't know when I'll be able to actually go. Do they typically have a clearance section in store?[/QUOTE]

I would love to have a store within an hour... I would make that trip!

unfortunately, there are two but it's at least a 4.5 hour drive either way.....:cry:

To bad my store is a hour drive or I would probably head over. My 4 year old loves the Atlantis sets and she has 4 sets. Undersea explorer would be hard to pass at $12. With the end of the theme almost here, we have been stashing a few away including Shadow snapper today. Still hoping they decide to continue it, especially since they are builing the Atlantis Sea Life attraction at additional Legolands this year.

[quote name='TheHelix']I live 30 minutes away from Legoland >_>[/QUOTE]

I've never been there but will visit when they have there Star Wars things coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back