LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']That was stupid, I keep them in my mother's basement. :)[/quote]

:lol: I laugh at you, sir. My dad, who is not in the least bit sentimental, would have found the legos and would have, without a second thought, thrown them out with the trash. I guess it was meant to be as I had no place to store them when I moved out. :-({|=

I have a feeling LEGO will be bringing back Pirates next year, not based on anything except they brought back City, they brought back real Castle, they have Mars Mission which is kind of Space Classic, so next needs to be pirates.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have a feeling LEGO will be bringing back Pirates next year, not based on anything except they brought back City, they brought back real Castle, they have Mars Mission which is kind of Space Classic, so next needs to be pirates.[/quote]

that would be excellent!! :applause:

[quote name='chex20']The Barracuda was pretty sweet, never got it either. Still have the Skull's Eye Schooner though. Sits on top of my speaker, left side. Still in full working condition, with all figs, even after my basement flooded and destroyed nearly everything I had down there, except for my LEGO sets.[/quote]

Did it float? ;)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have a feeling LEGO will be bringing back Pirates next year, not based on anything except they brought back City, they brought back real Castle, they have Mars Mission which is kind of Space Classic, so next needs to be pirates.[/quote]

they brought back the aqua series too. they were aquanauts and now their aqua raiders. im sure they'll bring back the pirates.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6195

[quote name='Irukandji']they brought back the aqua series too. they were aquanauts and now their aqua raiders. im sure they'll bring back the pirates.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6195[/quote]

There were several "Aquazone" themes, Aquanauts, Aquasharks, the last ones were in actually called Aquaraiders. Now 10 years later they had Aqua Raiders. :)

And I was sure they would bring back Pirates when PotC sequels came out, would make a good tie in, but they never did that.

I was more into the space theme. I had some from random sets and I think I had some of the Pirates. The larger ones that cost around 100 bucks or so were the space ones. If I was to get into them now I would try and track down some of the old space sets, Pirates, Batman and some of the starwars sets.

My local Target has the Star Wars AT-ST clearanced at 30% off currently. I also saw another store that had Firehouse set for 30% off also, but I can't remember the exact store. Usually they do the clearance in waves a couple of times a year and not this one set here and one set there stuff.

Local store just added the Special Edition Castle set with Troll at 30% off yesterday.

[quote name='180husher']My local Target has the Star Wars AT-ST clearanced at 30% off currently. I also saw another store that had Firehouse set for 30% off also, but I can't remember the exact store. Usually they do the clearance in waves a couple of times a year and not this one set here and one set there stuff.

Local store just added the Special Edition Castle set with Troll at 30% off yesterday.[/quote]

Lucky. I so want that Firehouse.

I was in Wal-Mart two weeks ago trolling for Clearance games. I went to the legos and was able to score a Airport set for $35. It was open but I did a quick count and looked mostly complete. It was missing only one Base Plate which (bravo Lego :applause: ) replaced for me. I got it in a week. Awesome best score, ever. I was able to get the Train sets for 50% online.

My Targets have the worst selection.

I have the Green Grocer (current Build) and the Cafe Corner. They are expensive but cheap per brcik. I never thoguht about thrift stores and garage sales. Thanks for the Tips.

[quote name='EvilIA']Lucky. I so want that Firehouse.

I was in Wal-Mart two weeks ago trolling for Clearance games. I went to the legos and was able to score a Airport set for $35. It was open but I did a quick count and looked mostly complete. It was missing only one Base Plate which (bravo Lego :applause: ) replaced for me. I got it in a week. Awesome best score, ever. I was able to get the Train sets for 50% online.

My Targets have the worst selection.

I have the Green Grocer (current Build) and the Cafe Corner. They are expensive but cheap per brcik. I never thoguht about thrift stores and garage sales. Thanks for the Tips.[/quote]

I am quite very jealous about the airport !!!

My best bets have always been the buy 2 get 1 free deals at TRU.

I saw the Firehouse clearance priced at a Target just in the last week for something like 50% off....and I didn't buy it. #-o

[quote name='Tybee']I saw the Firehouse clearance priced at a Target just in the last week for something like 50% off....and I didn't buy it. #-o[/quote]

D'oh!

I bought it last fall for $43 and it's a pretty nice set, I love the return of the garage doors.

[quote name='Tybee']I saw the Firehouse clearance priced at a Target just in the last week for something like 50% off....and I didn't buy it. #-o[/quote]

I'm going to stop by Target Tomorrow. The one near me didn't have anything worth of value (to me). It was mostly Bioancle and Star Wars.

[quote name='n64ra']I am quite very jealous about the airport !!!

My best bets have always been the buy 2 get 1 free deals at TRU.[/quote]

Yea. I actually didn't see it when I was looking around. Something caught my eye and I noticed it, could not believe my luck.

I scored during the last B2G1, but my local TRU has zero selection, I had to Head to Tacoma to get a resonable amount.

How often does TRU do sales on lego (mostly the B2G1)?

[quote name='Tybee']I actually owned this as a kid. The very first LEGO castle set. THAT's how old school I am. Think most of the pieces are still in my parents attic.[/QUOTE]

I actually still have all the pieces and the original instructions to that castle as well. My Lego collection dates back to the days where the minifigs didn't have arms. I'm actually lucky in that my girlfriend understands the need to build/play with Lego.

[quote name='EvilIA']Yea. I actually didn't see it when I was looking around. Something caught my eye and I noticed it, could not believe my luck.

I scored during the last B2G1, but my local TRU has zero selection, I had to Head to Tacoma to get a resonable amount.

How often does TRU do sales on lego (mostly the B2G1)?[/quote]

Not often. I seem to think once a year - October-ish - for the B2G1.

And luckily, I live in north Austin where I can easily get to 3 TRUs.

This thread is going to, at the very least, lead me to dig out my Legos and at least take stock of what I still have.

I'm 28 now and have been getting Legos since I was about 4. I haven't gotten much since the Star Wars Legos first debuted but I think I still have all of them in their boxes. Going further back I had a ton of the Forestmen and Castle sets.

[quote name='moiety']^ Nice site! Do you keep everything you've built for display or do you end up taking them apart?[/quote]Take 'em apart. Because I don't have enough legos, and I have made over 100 things now and if I hadn't taken them apart, I would be gluing them to the wall by now.:lol: But thanks.

Unfortunately finding plain bricks in stores is hard for some reason. I'll have to order those sets online. Graba.

[quote name='lwelyk']Take 'em apart. Because I don't have enough legos, and I have made over 100 things now and if I hadn't taken them apart, I would be gluing them to the wall by now.:lol: But thanks.

Unfortunately finding plain bricks in stores is hard for some reason. I'll have to order those sets online. Graba.[/quote]

I never see plain brick packs in stores either. What's some of the stuff you've designed?

[quote name='n64ra']I never see plain brick packs in stores either. What's some of the stuff you've designed?[/quote]
http://lwelyk-legos.blogspot.com/

You may have seen me on Kotaku with Mother Brain. And yes, it is a shame that you can't find plain brick packs in store. I'll have to order off of Lego.com

[quote name='lwelyk']Since I started my lego site I've realized one thing: I need some more legos.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=6177&cn=306
That set has a lot of colors and basic bricks

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=5585&cn=306
This one has pink

If you want a wide variety of basic bricks, get those. I gotta see if Target has them. Thank you $5 off coupon.[/quote]

Those sets are a ripoff!

I remember 2-3 years ago when there were 1000 piece brick sets for $20, some had special gold pieces, others had 500+ random pieces in weird colors (pink and purples).

However $15 for 216 pieces is just a ripoff.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Those sets are a ripoff!

I remember 2-3 years ago when there were 1000 piece brick sets for $20, some had special gold pieces, others had 500+ random pieces in weird colors (pink and purples).

However $15 for 216 pieces is just a ripoff.[/quote]Yeah, the 1000s are gone for some stupid reason. I want the pink and purples back. I only would buy the 216 one for some pink. Hopefully they'll have some of those again. The 650 piece one is decent though.

For those that have a Fred Meyer nearby, I was able to find a few sets on Clearance. The Bremerton, WA FM had at least 7 different sets on Clearance. At the time I purchased they had an additional 40% of clearance prices. YMMV?

Mosaic (the deluxe)

City Heavy Hauler

AguaRaiders Crab

Bionacle Figures
all I can remember is the packaging is orange

Creator Ferris Wheel

they had two more bionacle sets one 29.97 and the other was 44.97, but I don't recall the models or set numbers. I had to get back to work.

http://clients.mapquest.com/fredmeyer/mqlocator?link=find

Not in Texas :(

[quote name='EvilIA']For those that have a Fred Meyer nearby, I was able to find a few sets on Clearance. The Bremerton, WA FM had at least 7 different sets on Clearance. At the time I purchased they had an additional 40% of clearance prices. YMMV?

Mosaic (the deluxe)

City Heavy Hauler

AguaRaiders Crab

Bionacle Figures
all I can remember is the packaging is orange

Creator Ferris Wheel

they had two more bionacle sets one 29.97 and the other was 44.97, but I don't recall the models or set numbers. I had to get back to work.[/quote]

Target has Star Wars AT-ST #7657 clearance priced at $5 now. Also got Castle Dwarves' Mine #7036 for $15 last week. Wish I could find that Fire Station one at 75% off, but no luck so far.

[quote name='180husher']Target has Star Wars AT-ST #7657 clearance priced at $5 now. Also got Castle Dwarves' Mine #7036 for $15 last week. Wish I could find that Fire Station one at 75% off, but no luck so far.[/quote]

What is your Target's location?

My Target is in my town...Culpeper, Va. Don't make the trip though, only one AT-ST left as of yesterday. But check your stores...if they have any in stock they should be on clearance also, just maybe not at the same price points.

[quote name='roland13x']I actually still have all the pieces and the original instructions to that castle as well. My Lego collection dates back to the days where the minifigs didn't have arms. I'm actually lucky in that my girlfriend understands the need to build/play with Lego.[/quote]

Before i invite a girl over i hide my boxes of lego...

so sad.

there are no cool girls around here.

I didn't realize we had this on here. Glad I found it. I'm starting to collect the old space ones from the late 1980s/early 1990s (when I played with LEGOs). I'm starting with spyrius. It's pretty cool how cheap they are on ebay and such. And they're still fun to play with.

And I'm a lot better at building them now.

Looks like Target has all of the Indiana Jones sets 10% off this week. Combine that with the $5 coupon and it's a pretty good deal.

[quote name='lordwow']Isn't that TRU and not Target? :lol:[/quote]

You my friend, saw nothing....don't lie. :D

*Fixed*

[quote name='chex20']Should work,

http://www.maj.com/gallery/a-tree/misc/coupon.jpg[/quote]

Dead link. Seems like it should still be active somewhere, given that it doesn't expire until October. Glad I printed out 5 copies when I had the chance. :cool:

It's $5 off any $25 toy purchase. A lot of people were having mixed success trying to apply it to video games, but obviously should be no problem using it in this application.

Hope someone can turn it up again.

How often does Target have LEGO sales, and what's the biggest discount you've seen (not including clearance)? I'm trying to decide how much to lay out on these Indy LEGOs. If they're going to have a 33% off sale or something before this coupon expires in October, I'd probably hold out for that.

Also, what kind of sales does TRU have?

[quote name='Tybee']How often does Target have LEGO sales, and what's the biggest discount you've seen (not including clearance)? I'm trying to decide how much to lay out on these Indy LEGOs. If they're going to have a 33% off sale or something before this coupon expires in October, I'd probably hold out for that.

Also, what kind of sales does TRU have?[/quote]

TRU has the best non clearance LEGO sale I've ever seen. Last year, it was B2G1 free excluding Star Wars sets. I can't remember the exact dates. My guess is it was a week in October.

It seems Target randomly has sales on themes. Right now it is Indy. Earlier this year, the Aqua Raiders were a large percent off (15%-25% ?).

The problem I always have is finding the items in stock. The shipping from TRU.com and Target.com almost always kill any deals that their B&M have.

[quote name='Tybee']Dead link. Seems like it should still be active somewhere, given that it doesn't expire until October. Glad I printed out 5 copies when I had the chance. :cool:

It's $5 off any $25 toy purchase. A lot of people were having mixed success trying to apply it to video games, but obviously should be no problem using it in this application.

Hope someone can turn it up again.[/QUOTE]

Tybee, copy and paste the link there, it's not the same as the URL it's going to.

[quote name='n64ra']TRU has the best non clearance LEGO sale I've ever seen. Last year, it was B2G1 free excluding Star Wars sets. I can't remember the exact dates. My guess is it was a week in October.

It seems Target randomly has sales on themes. Right now it is Indy. Earlier this year, the Aqua Raiders were a large percent off (15%-25% ?).

The problem I always have is finding the items in stock. The shipping from TRU.com and Target.com almost always kill any deals that their B&M have.[/quote]

Hmmm...Star Wars excluded would pretty much kill it for me because that, Indy, and the super deluxe Town sets they don't sell in stores are really the only ones I'm interested in.

Guess I'll take my chances in this sale. Stopped at two Targets today and noticed a lot of the smaller sets are gone. Picked up Race for the Stolen Treasure, and will probably pick up the rest of the classic sets before the week is out. I can wait on the Crystal Skull sets, as they are brand new and will be around for a while.

[quote name='lordwow']Tybee, copy and paste the link there, it's not the same as the URL it's going to.[/quote]

Got it working. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back