LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lordwow']KB Toys also overprices their set. I didn't realize it at the time, but they're all about $5-$10 more than anywhere else.[/quote]

Strange enough, the toy stores charge more. I've been buying mine from either Fred Meyer or the Official Lego store. Only thing nice about the lego store is that they have specials where you get something for "free". They have sales now and then. I got Market Street for $10 off. Mostly They do reward stamps. Spend $400 and get $30 in giftcards. Not the biggest CAG style discount. But better then nothing.

Onther then one "score" I've never seen a sale or clearance at Wal-Mart. Mine almost never clearances things out. Those stupid wii Skins and points cards form Christmas at still $25 :roll:

[quote name='lordwow']I usually buy from Amazon, free shipping + no tax = win.[/quote]

I lose. I have to pay sales tax. So all I save is shipping, which is expensive. I bought the Dreamliner from them on sale for $50. I buy sets that are hard to find and I know are going away. Shopping is awesome, I'm not letting 9% stand in my way :)

[quote name='180husher']Dwarves Mine is clearanced at Target if you can find it...I got it for $15.[/QUOTE]

That it is ... if you can find it ... in CA in the Bay Area, I hadn't seen it for months, plus the Target release was a special holiday 07 set, so the general US release of Dwarves Mine is out as of May. I've found that the Targets in the San Jose and SF areas rarely have Legos on clearance ... or at least sets I'm interested in ...

Yeah, my Target is small and out in the "country" so I usually get lucky with clearance Legos. Wal Mart used to be good right after Xmas when they would clearance a lot of bigger sets, but this year the prices weren't as low as I would have liked and one day everything vanished.

I did notice that the Lego store (Potomac Mills Mall, VA) had all their Exo-Force at 25% off. I've gotten a lot of Exo-Force there at 50% off so I just have to wait a little longer.

Lego Shop at Home (S@H) has reduced some prices. One thing I noticed was the Crab Crusher. Most are 50% off. But the selection is limited.

I'm in the Country too. But my target never has a big selection to begin with. Maybe 20 sets total and mostly Star Wars. Sigh. I might have to pay full price for the townhome just to make sure I get a copy before it's gone. I so want/need the black roof pieces and this is a "cheaper" way to get them.

[quote name='EvilIA']Lego Shop at Home (S@H) has reduced some prices. One thing I noticed was the Crab Crusher. Most are 50% off. But the selection is limited.[/quote]

Already sold out. That was fast...

Does the SAH store usually get stuff back in stock once it sells out? I've been waiting for that brick magnet set to come back in stock for months now.

New Coast Guard set got found on the site:
4210-1.jpg

[quote name='Tybee']Already sold out. That was fast...

Does the SAH store usually get stuff back in stock once it sells out? I've been waiting for that brick magnet set to come back in stock for months now.[/quote]

There is no way to know, sometimes they do, sometimes not. The site is run by some third party from TN and they do a terrible job.

Is anybody else hoping Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga drops in price now that Lego Indiana Jones is out? And by drop, I mean in half.

I sure am!

[quote name='Tybee']Dang...I want that. I haven't seen any Aqua Raiders at any of the Atlanta Targets.[/quote]

I just saw it on clearance at K-Mart. their clearances are nationwide, the selection however isn't. I think was was listed for $26. But I didn't memorize the Prices.

they did have SpongeBob, Bionicle, and Agua Raiders on clearance at mine.

[quote name='lordwow']KB Toys also overprices their set. I didn't realize it at the time, but they're all about $5-$10 more than anywhere else.[/quote]

Since my last replay I was shopping at wal-Mart. My local Wal-mart starting adding a few dollars to the prices of the sets around me. I noticed it was mostly Lego Indy.

[quote name='n64ra']Is anybody else hoping Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga drops in price now that Lego Indiana Jones is out? And by drop, I mean in half.

I sure am![/quote]

I picked up the PS3 version from the Lego store for $24.98. The Bellevue, WA store still had copies at that price last time I was there (Memorial Day weekend) as did the Portland, OR store. I also called the Phone sales number and they said it was on phone special too, that was about 2 weeks ago when I tried ot get the Big Rig for $15, but was sold out :( .

I'm also hoping that Nintendo gives the Wii away free and that it would rain candy, and just for good measure world peace. :)

Hmmm, i like to collect things, so after playing Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Star Wars, i started to wonder if i should buy some of the lego sets. I mainly want the characters, dont really want the vehicles/buildings they come with. However i saw on amazon the price for both Indy and his Dad costs more as seperate figures combined than what it would cost to buy the damn set, that would come with 2 motorcycles and an extra guy. Talk about a rip off. I guess i could always try to buy and resell them without the people, would people still buy it? I also would like to get some star wars and batman characters. But i wonder if its all worth it. They are neat collectibles, but i am not sure if its worth it.

[quote name='EvilIA']I picked up the PS3 version from the Lego store for $24.98. The Bellevue, WA store still had copies at that price last time I was there (Memorial Day weekend) as did the Portland, OR store. I also called the Phone sales number and they said it was on phone special too, that was about 2 weeks ago when I tried ot get the Big Rig for $15, but was sold out :( .[/quote]

Yea, I remember that. It had $5 shipping so it would have been $30 for me. I'm hoping Target will have it for $30 so I can use the $5 off coupon.

[quote name='EvilIA']I just saw it on clearance at K-Mart. their clearances are nationwide, the selection however isn't. I think was was listed for $26. But I didn't memorize the Prices.

they did have SpongeBob, Bionicle, and Agua Raiders on clearance at mine.[/quote]

Hmm...At last a compelling reason to hit my area K-Marts for the first time in years. Really like those Aqua Raider sets.

Damn you guys for getting me back into this. :roll:

EDIT: Went to my closest K-Mart. What a dump! Anyway, digging through the mess that was their toy section, I found the Aqua Raiders sets Lobster Strike (7772) and Angler Ambush (7771) for the apparently standard pricing of $19.99 and $10.99 respectively (confirmed at register). But they also had Tiger Shark Attack (7773) marked down to $22, even though no price tag or sign indicated this. I got them all but will probably return the first two if I can find them cheaper elsewhere. May check another K-Mart on my way home.

Has anyone ever found LEGOs at Big Lots? Do TRU or Wal-Mart ever clearance them, or are Target and K-Mart the best bets?

I just went to Big Lots the other day and for the first time ever saw a few LEGO sets. They had some Bionicle garbage, and Exo-force sets 8101 and 8106, along with some creator set. The prices weren't that good, maybe 30% off.

And K-Mart is a joke. I haven't ever seen a K-Mart within the last 5-6 years that had more than two random boxes of LEGOs. Target used to be the best bet, but I haven't seen a clearance in a very long time. It's hugely hit or miss. Walmart always has Bionicle on clearance but rarely anything else and TRU will have random clearances, usually in the fall.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I just went to Big Lots the other day and for the first time ever saw a few LEGO sets. They had some Bionicle garbage, and Exo-force sets 8101 and 8106, along with some creator set. The prices weren't that good, maybe 30% off.

And K-Mart is a joke. I haven't ever seen a K-Mart within the last 5-6 years that had more than two random boxes of LEGOs. Target used to be the best bet, but I haven't seen a clearance in a very long time. It's hugely hit or miss. Walmart always has Bionicle on clearance but rarely anything else and TRU will have random clearances, usually in the fall.[/quote]

Well, both K-Marts I went to yesterday had at least enough LEGOs to make it worth stopping there. Not a lot, but some. They're not very organized, so I made sure to check other aisles for orphaned sets. Found some Mars Mission sets several aisles over that weren't on the main LEGO aisle, but wasn't interested in those.

Their clearance policy seems to be completely random. As I said, the first Kmart I stopped at yesterday had the Tiger Shark Attack set for $22, but it was not visibly marked down. The second location had price markers indicating that it was on clearance for $24. Weird. Wonder if it would have rung up at $22 at register or if each store just clearances things out as they see fit at the price they see fit.

Does anyone have a LEGO Outlet store near them? I just found out there's one in Atlanta (technically), but like most outlet stores, it's almost 30 miles outside of the city. They sent me a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase, and supposedly they have "outlet prices on select items." Gas prices being what they are, that $10 would probably just pay for the drive out there, but it's tempting. :drool:

[quote name='Tybee']Does anyone have a LEGO Outlet store near them? I just found out there's one in Atlanta (technically), but like most outlet stores, it's almost 30 miles outside of the city. They sent me a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase, and supposedly they have "outlet prices on select items." Gas prices being what they are, that $10 would probably just pay for the drive out there, but it's tempting. :drool:[/quote]

One just opened in Friendswood, TX. That makes it about an hour from my parents and four hours from me.

[quote name='n64ra']One just opened in Friendswood, TX. That makes it about an hour from my parents and four hours from me.[/quote]

That's not an outlet, that's just a LEGO Store.

I went to a KB Toy "Outlet" the other day, they had the MTT (The big brown thing from the Star Wars prequel) for $110, that's $10 more than normal. So just because the store is called an "outlet" doesn't mean they will have anything for cheap.

They didn't just uncover it, I'm pretty sure Eurobricks did a few days ago.

And you will need to sell yourself, it's $400 and 3100+ pieces.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They didn't just uncover it, I'm pretty sure Eurobricks did a few days ago.

And you will need to sell yourself, it's $400 and 3100+ pieces.[/quote]

Well, "just" as in this week. ;) I didn't see anyone else talking about it in here, so I assumed it would be news to most.

And yeah, $400 sounds about right. Wonder if it'll ever get a price drop like some of the UCS sets, or just disappear one day? It's a relative bargain compared to the UC Millennium Falcon ($499), which comes with a paltry 5 minifigs (albeit quite a few more pieces).

[quote name='Tybee']Well, "just" as in this week. ;) I didn't see anyone else talking about it in here, so I assumed it would be news to most.
[/quote]

Because $400 isn't a deal. ;)

I have had cars worth less than a pile of plastic. :)

Yep it's $400, comes out September 16th.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10188&cn=416&d=322#reviews

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Battle inside the Death Star™![/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Recreate the action and adventure of the Star Wars™ movies with the ultimate Death Star playset! This amazingly detailed battle station features an incredible array of minifigure-scale scenes, moving parts, characters and accessories from Episodes IV and VI on its multiple decks, including the Death Star control room, rotating turbolaser turrets, hangar bay with TIE Advanced starfighter, tractor beam controls, Emperor’s throne room, detention block, firing laser cannon, Imperial conference chamber, droid maintenance facility, and the powerful Death Star superlaser…plus much more! Swing across the chasm with Luke and Leia, face danger in the crushing trash compactor, and duel with Darth Vader for the fate of the galaxy!
  • Includes 25 heroes, villains, droids and creatures!
  • Includes 6 new and exclusive minifigures and droids only found in this set: Luke Skywalker™ (Stormtrooper™ outfit), Han Solo™ (Stormtrooper outfit), Assassin Droid™, Interrogation Droid, Death Star Droid and 2 Death Star Troopers™!
  • Also includes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi™, C-3PO™, R2-D2™, Princess Leia™, Chewbacca™, Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), Darth Vader™, Grand Moff Tarkin™, Emperor Palpatine™, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Emperor's Royal Guards™, R2-Q5™, and mouse droid!
  • All-new Dianoga™ trash compactor monster!
  • Movie-authentic Death Star environments include the Superlaser control room and target monitor, Imperial conference chamber, TIE Advanced hangar bay with moving launch rack, Emperor's throne room, droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, and much more!
  • Rescue Princess Leia from the detention block cell, then escape through the secret hatch to the trash compactor below!
  • Reenact the final duel between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in the Emperor's Throne Room!
  • Death Star measures 16” (41cm) tall and 16½” (42cm) wide!
  • TIE Advanced measures 3½" (9cm) wide!
[/FONT]

[quote name='lordwow']I don't get it is. It's both Death stars?[/quote]

Yes. What's not to get (other than how some people afford $400 LEGO sets)?

Plus, not to scale = FAIL. I want a $50,000 set the size of my house, dammit. ;)

That's kinda weird I guess. The whole thing is the Death Star 1 except for the Throne Room right?
Well, a lot of the rooms (hangar bay, turbo lasers, superlaser control room) could be from both. You really didn't see much besides the throne room in RotJ, except for when Luke tries to drag Anakin onto the shuttle in the hangar and the early scenes of Vader in the hangar reviewing the troops, as it were, so would be kind of silly to make separate sets just for that (which they already have anyway.)

[quote name='Tybee']
Plus, not to scale = FAIL. I want a $50,000 set the size of my house, dammit. ;)
[/quote]

They sold a life size Darth Vador for $10,000 a few years ago (Micheal Jackson bought it... yes weird). $50,000 Death Star wouldn't be that great. :lol:

Late but that Death Star doesn't look nearly as impressive as the $500 Millenium Falcon. If I'm going to drop that kind of money on Legos (and I'm not), I wouldn't do it on a cutaway Death Star.

Does anybody happen to have a copy of the July Lego Store Calendar, the one with dates of specials and the coupon? I'm trying to find out what events are in store for July.

I'd head there myself, but it's a 60 mile drive and I'm trying to see if July is better for specials then June.

TIA.

From what I understand that they try to have 5 of every set, and that there are at least two vaults. :)

Very cool, I like how the company was smart enough 50 years ago to cheap a few of each set in case they need to due, or get sued, over copyrights and such.

And supposedly July 1-2 will have double stamps at the LEGO Stores.

[quote name='lordwow']Here's the LEGO Vault, which has a copy of every (or near every) LEGO set ever produced:

http://gizmodo.com/5018990/lego-secret-vault-contains-all-sets-in-history[/quote]

That piece and video were full of win. I had (have, actually, up in my parents attic) a lot of the sets he was getting misty over, and like him, I had a love affair with the Galaxy Explorer. Good stuff.

[quote name='bigdaddy']From what I understand that they try to have 5 of every set, and that there are at least two vaults. :)

Very cool, I like how the company was smart enough 50 years ago to cheap a few of each set in case they need to due, or get sued, over copyrights and such.

And supposedly July 1-2 will have double stamps at the LEGO Stores.[/quote]

Figures...Day after the $10 off $50 coupon they sent me expires. :roll:

Building a vault of my own. Bought a ton of sets in the past couple weeks, most open-box on eBay. Here's what I've gotten:

7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring
7770 Deep Sea Treasure Hunter
7771 Angler Ambush
7772 Lobster Strike
7773 Tiger Shark Attack
7774 Crab Crusher
7776 The Shipwreck
7091 Knight's Catapult Defense
7093 Skeleton Tower
7991 Recycle Truck

Got a better price on the Aqua Raiders sets than I got at Kmart, so I took those back. The only downside to the eBay ones was the guy used clear packing tape to close the boxes back up and it's impossible to get off without damaging the box. Also, after building the models, he just broke them into chunks small enough to fit back in the box and threw them in loose...No Ziploc bags or nothin'. Everything's in good shape, but I thought EVERYBODY broke down their sets and put them in baggies when they were done, and taping up the boxes is just dumb. Why save the box if you're just going to mess it up with tape?

At least it looks like no pieces are missing (so far).

[quote name='bigdaddy']From what I understand that they try to have 5 of every set, and that there are at least two vaults. :)

And supposedly July 1-2 will have double stamps at the LEGO Stores.[/quote]

The double stamp rumor was the reason I wanted to have a calendar. It's not reasonable for me to get to the store, but I will for specials. according to FTFD, somebody got the calendar from texas store and it shows the 1-2 for the double stamps. I wanted to see if somebody else could confirm this. Plus there is usually a coupon on the bottom, I was curious what this was for July.

This only is good for the physical Lego stores, not online or at the legoland outlets.

[quote name='EvilIA']The double stamp rumor was the reason I wanted to have a calendar. It's not reasonable for me to get to the store, but I will for specials. according to FTFD, somebody got the calendar from texas store and it shows the 1-2 for the double stamps. I wanted to see if somebody else could confirm this. Plus there is usually a coupon on the bottom, I was curious what this was for July.

This only is good for the physical Lego stores, not online or at the legoland outlets.[/quote]

Well someone I know said the manager of the store closest to NYC said that they will have double stamps on July 1-2, so I guess they will.

And Deep Sea Treasure Hunter is the best $5 set in years.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Well someone I know said the manager of the store closest to NYC said that they will have double stamps on July 1-2, so I guess they will.

And Deep Sea Treasure Hunter is the best $5 set in years.[/quote]

That confirms it for me. All the stores have the same calendar, I believe as the coupon lists all the US stores. So it appears the calendar is a generic US store calendar. So I'll head in on the first. I have $60 is gift cards to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back