LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']What does double stamp day mean?[/quote]

It is a "loyality" program for the Lego owned stores (not legoland park stores). Physical stores only, they do not do it online. For every $25 purchase you get a "stamp" on your card. Once you get to certain levels you get rewards, $$$ gift certificates to be precise.

Rewards:

8 stamps ($200) - $10 Fit Certificate

16 Stamps (another $200, $400 total) - $20 Gift Certificate

So double stamps means, for every $25 purchase you earn two stamps not the normal one.

I got Sundays ad for Fred Meyer (Kroger in the NW). They are having a sale on "all Lego, Mega Bloks, K'nex and Playmobil.

The ad states:

"All LEGO, Mega Bloks, K'nex and Playmobil Buy 2 get 1 Free"

3rd Item, of equal or lesser value, FREE - No Limit

I'm in if this includes Indy Lego. there is no exclusions on the add that I see.

[quote name='EvilIA']I got Sundays ad for Fred Meyer (Kroger in the NW). They are having a sale on "all Lego, Mega Bloks, K'nex and Playmobil.

The ad states:

"All LEGO, Mega Bloks, K'nex and Playmobil Buy 2 get 1 Free"

3rd Item, of equal or lesser value, FREE - No Limit

I'm in if this includes Indy Lego. there is no exclusions on the add that I see.[/quote]

Hmm... Here in the southeast, Kroger only sells groceries.

[quote name='EvilIA']It is a "loyality" program for the Lego owned stores (not legoland park stores). Physical stores only, they do not do it online. For every $25 purchase you get a "stamp" on your card. Once you get to certain levels you get rewards, $$$ gift certificates to be precise.

Rewards:

8 stamps ($200) - $10 Fit Certificate

16 Stamps (another $200, $400 total) - $20 Gift Certificate

So double stamps means, for every $25 purchase you earn two stamps not the normal one.[/quote]

Cool, thanks.

[quote name='Tybee']Hmm... Here in the southeast, Kroger only sells groceries.[/quote]

Not all Kroger stores are the all-in-one format. The Fredy Meyer stores are. They sell everything, it's a department store, and a grocery in one. I can get clothes, toys, food, garden, hardware, etc. From the FM. I mentioned Kroger only for those that have the same format, but might not have a FM near them, but they still might do the same sale.

I scored on the Indiana Jones Lego from our store. I got all the IJ sets and made out pretty well. They didn't have good stock or sets other then IJ, but I've wanted the IJ for awhile now, but not at full price.

I bought shitloads of track.

I was going to buy the Mars Mission sets, but my total would have been close to $200-$250, and that's just way too much.

So I bought train stuff and the Aqua Raider sets.

If you like LEGO trains at all you should buy the tracks. LEGO is phasing out the 9V Trains, but the 9V tracks will work with the new trains.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I bought shitloads of track.

I was going to buy the Mars Mission sets, but my total would have been close to $200-$250, and that's just way too much.

So I bought train stuff and the Aqua Raider sets.

If you like LEGO trains at all you should buy the tracks. LEGO is phasing out the 9V Trains, but the 9V tracks will work with the new trains.[/quote]

I was going to mention this too. I got track, the 9v speed controller and 9v motors for dirt cheap. It's all on sale.

NOTE: 9V trains are no longer produced. The future is Power Functions in the trains, if your buying this for future use this is not for you. except as noted, the tracks will run on RC or the future PF trains.

[quote name='yakkotank']Shop.lego.com just put lots of last year's sets on clearance, most are 50% off...

I nabbed the Mars Mission and Aqua Raiders sets.[/quote]

It should be noted that the clearance on the Agua Raider is because the theme is discontinued.

[quote name='EvilIA']It should be noted that the clearance on the Agua Raider is because the theme is discontinued.[/quote]

Almost everything on sale is because it's discontinued. ;)

And the track gets cheaper the more you buy, I got the tracks for $4.23 a box. That is an awesome price because like you said the new LEGO trains will be using the same style tracks and it's about 50% cheaper than the RC track.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Almost everything on sale is because it's discontinued. ;)

And the track gets cheaper the more you buy, I got the tracks for $4.23 a box. That is an awesome price because like you said the new LEGO trains will be using the same style tracks and it's about 50% cheaper than the RC track.[/quote]

I told myself that I wasn't going to do 9V once I found out about Power Functions. So I was holding off. Then the curves went on sale. I held fast. Now that all of it's on sale, the cross, straight, curves, motors, Controller. I bought. It was worth $40 for the motor and controller to play around until PF comes out next year. Plus the track is usable for PF. So I scored allot of track for cheap.

I'm heading to lego store today for double stamps, if they have track and motors on sale there too I might do it again.

I bought 12 of each (straight and curves), I was charged 4.23 too.

Edit: I just checked the sale on lego online. They sold out of the straights and the Crossovers are call only, the curves are still there. It's selling very fast, all the Deals are almost gone. I missed out on some duplo for the kids.

[quote name='yakkotank']Shop.lego.com just put lots of last year's sets on clearance, most are 50% off...

I nabbed the Mars Mission and Aqua Raiders sets.[/quote]

Ahh, thhe sets I want are all sold out now. :(

July Calendar:

1-2 - Double Stamp days for Club Members, code 999393
9-10 - Save 20% off Phantoka Ball Shooters, Item 852171, Code 999394
14-15 Get a free Key Chain with $25 Batman Purchase, code 999395
17 - Come in to get the new lego club magazine
19 - Join in a LEGO Club meeting at the lego store.
26 - The LEGO Clone Wars sets land. Clone trooper Minifigure event.
28-31 Buy one Droids Battle pack, get one Free. code 999396

Coupon of the month is a Free golden Brick keychain with purchase of $75 or more.

Notes: The codes are for the register to get the "deal". This months special event is July 7-21, visit your local lego store and join in a mini penguin speed building contest, plus enter to win a new lego batman set.

The most consistent deals on Lego are the B2G1 at TRU (usually in October, and often excludes Star Wars & Bionicle). TRU also occasionally (about once a quarter) run a 15% or 20% off on selected themes (again, usually excluding Star Wars and Bionicle). Failing that, the next best deals are often the 10% off item coupons for TRU or Target, or the double/triple stamp days at the Lego B&M Shops. If you're a gambling type, you can wait an entire year until shop.lego.com clearances the old year's stuff (usually at 50%, but they often are sold out of all the cool stuff). The better way to get last year's clearance sets are to visit a B&M Lego store, if you're lucky enough to have one within range (I'm within an hour of 2 of them ... :p ).

The ultra expensive ($200+) Ultimate Collectors Series sets *always* *always* drop in price. I'm a sucker and always get them at full price, just in case the first set I skip is the one that vanishes quickly...

[quote name='Multicron']The better way to get last year's clearance sets are to visit a B&M Lego store, if you're lucky enough to have one within range (I'm within an hour of 2 of them ... :p ).[/quote]

Does this go for LEGO outlet stores as well? That's all I have near me.

[quote name='Tybee']Does this go for LEGO outlet stores as well? That's all I have near me.[/quote]

Goto Lego.com. Go to the Store Locator (Bottom Right), then chose Lego Stores (Top Right). Select your Country, then State. If you see one close to you, then it would apply.

My Lego Store (Bellevue, WA) had a few left of the Agua Raiders, Tons of Sponge Bob, and a few other things On Sale. I don't recall finding any of the Clearance sets there, but I didn't print out a list and really check it out either.

[quote name='Multicron']The most consistent deals on Lego are the B2G1 at TRU (usually in October, and often excludes Star Wars & Bionicle). TRU also occasionally (about once a quarter) run a 15% or 20% off on selected themes (again, usually excluding Star Wars and Bionicle). Failing that, the next best deals are often the 10% off item coupons for TRU or Target, or the double/triple stamp days at the Lego B&M Shops. If you're a gambling type, you can wait an entire year until shop.lego.com clearances the old year's stuff (usually at 50%, but they often are sold out of all the cool stuff). The better way to get last year's clearance sets are to visit a B&M Lego store, if you're lucky enough to have one within range (I'm within an hour of 2 of them ... :p ).

The ultra expensive ($200+) Ultimate Collectors Series sets *always* *always* drop in price. I'm a sucker and always get them at full price, just in case the first set I skip is the one that vanishes quickly...[/quote]

I'm more into the City Stuff and Cafe Corner Style buildings. Haven't been able to get those on special. That's okay. Most of the other stuff I've been able to get cheaper.

I got double stamps and purchased the Eifel Tower and a few other Coast Guard sets. Used the GC from that purchase to get a Transport Ferry for free. So I can't complain. This week is B2G1 at Fred Meyer, so I bought all the IJ lego sets (I wanted) and scored a deal. I wish they had a better selection at FM, but I can't complain really, as I saved about $100.

I just got a TRU $10 off of $50 coupon good until 7/26, going to use that to get the TRU Exclusive "Peril in Peru 7628" set. This time their $1 more the MSRP works in my favor. Did this the last time with the "house" set and got it for $41 instead of $50.

I managed to pick up 2 aqua raider sets for 25% off because of a Kmart clearence.

Unfortunately deals for legos have been few and far between.

I managed to pick up 1 set that was on shop.lego.com for 50% off but all the other sets where gone....

I have picked up a few exoforce sets at walmart though that went on clearence... few of the way older ones.... now that the series will end... maybe more good deals on them.

I am stopping at the lego shop when I go to DisneyWorld... planning on picking up 3 tubs of some rare/unique pieces... may have to ship them back, but really that's the best deal... fill a tub for $12. The last time I counted, managed to fit 755 pieces in one tub, the guy taped the lid because it wouldn't stay on!

[quote name='EvilIA']I'm more into the City Stuff and Cafe Corner Style buildings. Haven't been able to get those on special. That's okay. Most of the other stuff I've been able to get cheaper.

I got double stamps and purchased the Eifel Tower and a few other Coast Guard sets. Used the GC from that purchase to get a Transport Ferry for free. So I can't complain. This week is B2G1 at Fred Meyer, so I bought all the IJ lego sets (I wanted) and scored a deal. I wish they had a better selection at FM, but I can't complain really, as I saved about $100.

I just got a TRU $10 off of $50 coupon good until 7/26, going to use that to get the TRU Exclusive "Peril in Peru 7628" set. This time their $1 more the MSRP works in my favor. Did this the last time with the "house" set and got it for $41 instead of $50.[/quote]

man that's nice, I hate how TRU has a better selection than most other stores, but all of their pricing is like 1-3$ more....

Makes shopping at Target, for what they have, and using the 5 off 25 much better!

WI has piss poor stores, with piss poor inventory :( no lego shops, no FM, no nothing......

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xycury']I am stopping at the lego shop when I go to DisneyWorld... planning on picking up 3 tubs of some rare/unique pieces... may have to ship them back, but really that's the best deal... fill a tub for $12. The last time I counted, managed to fit 755 pieces in one tub, the guy taped the lid because it wouldn't stay on![/QUOTE]

I'm glad my Lego level is 'interested' and not 'addicted' - that store is only ten minutes or so from my house, and I have to make sure not to go there too often for fear of impulse buys.

[quote name='kojubat']I'm glad my Lego level is 'interested' and not 'addicted' - that store is only ten minutes or so from my house, and I have to make sure not to go there too often for fear of impulse buys.[/quote]

I'm not addicted, but just starved... currently WM is only carrying star wars crap around me... i rarely get to visit Target, and the TRU that's remotely close is overpriced. I get to Kmart and that's been my lucky spot for cleareanced items...

I really don't buy anything unless it's clearenced... and half the time I don't buy anything that has too many unique pieces, and lately it's been like that, especially with the bionicle... hate that/those sets.

in the past year I only managed to pick up 6 sets, and 2 of the aqua on my last trip...

Legos are premium....

Sadly buying bricks online is expensive, at like .10 to .20 each, I can spend 12, and get a bunch of parts I want.

This time I'll have a list of parts i'm interested in, so no impulse buying 100 leaf legos, because I'm recreating the rain forest...:bouncy:

last time I only grabbed 1, and I could see myself really spending upto 2 more if I can find the ones I want/need.

plus the wife wants some pink ones... so she's going to buy one... certainly not going to leave clothes behind to pack that, easier to slap 5 and ship it home.

When was the last time you bought Pick-a-Brick? Last time I did it was $13, and I know someone who bought a tube this week and it cost $15. Plus he went and got a lot of cool colors. I went out in the fall to one and all they had were Jack Stone pieces that would never fit in a cup.

And TRU is a joke, however their shipping is based on the fact that...

1. They don't know what they are doing.
2. LEGO boxes are big so that might be an issue.

[quote name='Tybee']Does this go for LEGO outlet stores as well? That's all I have near me.[/quote]

The Lego Outlet near me (Potomac Mills VA) sometimes has better clearance deals than the Lego Store (Tysons Corner VA), but their inventory is a little spottier.

I got my order of mostly train tracks.

I bought WAY too many straight tracks. I bought five straight, two curved, and one cross. I should have bought 3 straight, three, maybe four curve and two cross.

Oh well, I could always sell the straight ones for a lot because they are no longer being made. :)

I cleaned up at Target today with a bunch of new Lego clearance. All Exo-Force were 50% off...picked up #8115 Dark Panther and#8114 Chameleon Hunter for $7.50 each; #8117 Storm Lasher for $10; #8118 Hybrid Rescue Tank for $15; #8153 Ferrari F-1 Truck for $10; #8494 Racers blue car for $15; and #7093 Skeleton Tower for $25. I was so hyped up because I thought the bigger Castle set, normally $100, was on clearance also but it wasn't. At 50% off I find that they sell fairly fast so I picked up a lot. The best situation is when they mark them at 30% off and fail to put new stickers on when they hit 75% off. I've also noticed that toy clearance adjustments occur quickly, sometimes in just a week. Also I've got to put a YMMV on this as I visited 3 other Targets today and none of them had these clearance prices (at least not marked), but this is certainly worth a look if you are near a Target anytime soon. I have to make a long road trip tomorrow with a couple of Targets on the way and I'll report any other finds I make. Good luck.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I got my order of mostly train tracks.

I bought WAY too many straight tracks. I bought five straight, two curved, and one cross. I should have bought 3 straight, three, maybe four curve and two cross.

Oh well, I could always sell the straight ones for a lot because they are no longer being made. :)[/quote]

I got my order also.

I went a bit overboard. But as you said aside from brinklink, I won't be able to find these again. I got 12 straight, 6 curves, and 3 crosses. I never had tracks before, and was going to skip 9v until Power Functions came out, but seeing as how the track is future proof, I thought it was a great deal to stock up on track for when the PF trains come next year. Plus I actually have the Sante Fe set (2 engines plus 5 cars, a rare special) that is made for 9V. So at least I have something I came play with until PF trains, which I bet come late in the year.

The new Power Function Trains are supposed to be released in the summer of 2009.

I was thinking about buying a lot more train tracks too, but I'm trying to control my LEGO spending. But at the prices they were I should have bought more. The tracks will still work with the new trains and are a third of the price. Plus I only got one cross and they never released a RC cross track.

[quote name='bigdaddy']When was the last time you bought Pick-a-Brick? Last time I did it was $13, and I know someone who bought a tube this week and it cost $15. Plus he went and got a lot of cool colors. I went out in the fall to one and all they had were Jack Stone pieces that would never fit in a cup.

And TRU is a joke, however their shipping is based on the fact that...

1. They don't know what they are doing.
2. LEGO boxes are big so that might be an issue.[/quote]

I went to WDWorld in Florida on Downtown Disney.

2 Cup lego was like 7.95 and the bigger one, probably 4 cups were 12.95

But this was like 3-4 years ago, I'm sure prices have gone up.

I'm hoping to have a list of ones I'm looing for, get some unique cooler ones that I know won't be around.

I think they had alot of jungle pieces... can't remember which but I think they had alot of Auqa raiders too.

The prices at the store near Boston were $6.95 for the little useless cub and $12.95 for the normal, but that was in September, and all they had were Jack Stone pieces and some other odd pieces.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The prices at the store near Boston were $6.95 for the little useless cub and $12.95 for the normal, but that was in September, and all they had were Jack Stone pieces and some other odd pieces.[/quote]

That is still the current price. Or at least on July 1st when I was there getting the double stamps.

Mine has roughly the same pieces each time I go, only a few change now and then (I go once a month).

[quote name='EvilIA']That is still the current price. Or at least on July 1st when I was there getting the double stamps.

Mine has roughly the same pieces each time I go, only a few change now and then (I go once a month).[/quote]

Interesting, a friend of mine went for the double stamps too (He was buying a $150 set) and he said the big cup was $15, maybe it's just that one store.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The prices at the store near Boston were $6.95 for the little useless cub and $12.95 for the normal, but that was in September, and all they had were Jack Stone pieces and some other odd pieces.[/quote]

[quote name='EvilIA']That is still the current price. Or at least on July 1st when I was there getting the double stamps.

Mine has roughly the same pieces each time I go, only a few change now and then (I go once a month).[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddy']Interesting, a friend of mine went for the double stamps too (He was buying a $150 set) and he said the big cup was $15, maybe it's just that one store.[/quote]

Well I'm going down again for a 3-4 day stay and be hitting them the first night. I'm planning on getting 3 large tubs just because I think all the best pieces come in sets that really don't have alot of good ones.

Plus I plan on a couple projects and the nearest lego store is either Mall of America or Chicago, looks like they are opening one there.

I'll never get to chicago, but I could convince my shop-a-holic wife to go to Mall of America.

I'll have to see about this double stamp thing, getting 10 bucks free would be nice. I've easily spent that much but also saved probably 45% of that in clearences and such.

I probably will agree with you guys though, small tub that holds 2 cups ( I got 700 pieces, but they were alot of 1x1s) are still 7 and the big one might be up to 15 then... like I said, I got it like 4 years ago.

I visited three different Targets yesterday and this clearance is now in every store I've visited (7). Only my store went straight to 50% off as most are starting at the more typical 30% off. New sets I picked up this time...#7091 Knight's Catapult Defense; #7658 Y-wing Fighter; #4982 Mrs. Puff's Boating School. Almost half the Lego sections in Targets are on clearance!

[quote name='180husher']I visited three different Targets yesterday and this clearance is now in every store I've visited (7). Only my store went straight to 50% off as most are starting at the more typical 30% off. New sets I picked up this time...#7091 Knight's Catapult Defense; #7658 Y-wing Fighter; #4982 Mrs. Puff's Boating School. Almost half the Lego sections in Targets are on clearance![/quote]

That's if your Targets had sets to begin with. All the stores near me never have anything on sale and it's amazing when they have more than 3 sets *edit* IN STOCK.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']That's if your Targets had sets to begin with. All the stores near me never have anything on sale and it's amazing when they have more than 3 sets on sale.[/quote]

My Targets don't stock anything more then say 10 sets total. Usually it's mostly Bionicle. They did have Indy, however I bought them all during that FM B2G1 sale. To hard to pass up then, even if it only amounts to 30% off.

Target clearances are national, but it is up to the department team leaders to actually adjust the prices. This is not a "sale"...meaning the prices will not go back to normal next week. This is a clearance which means the prices will systematically drop until the stock is depleted or they donate what ever is left over to the Goodwill. Plus we are not talking about one or two sets on sale here...the entire Exo Force line is being clearanced out along with random sets from the Castle, Star Wars, Spongebob, Racers, and Bionicles lines. If you are near a Target, it will only cost you a couple of minutes to grab some sets and check their prices on a scanner.

Sale, clearance, it's the same thing.

And it will take a few minutes to drive to Target and a few dollars in gas money, and a few this.

What Evil and I are saying is that Targets don't usually have anything in stock, not even regularly priced ideas. Target CLEARANCE takes place at least 3-4 times a year in which most of the LEGOs are taken away and replaced with the new themes.

about half of the stuff at my target was 30% off also. i was tempted to pick up some droid battle packs for $6.80 but i think i'll wait and see if they drop to 50% off.

Went to Target earlier, they had the Star Wars Imperial Dropship or whatever for $36.xx and The Castle Skeleton for $35, I'm hoping it drops to $25. They had one $15 Exo-force set and the $30 tank, neither on sale, I did scan.

Seems like anything except for the newer Star Wars and Indiana Jones stuff is available for clearance it just depends on the store. My store has the typical Mars Mission sets but none of them are on clearance, whereas I found certain ones on clearance at other stores. I haven't seen that Imperial Shuttle clearanced anywhere or I would have picked that up. But I did see that big $100 Trade Federation MTT on clearance at one store...I hope my store puts it on clearance too. I'm surprised the Exo Force stuff wasn't clearanced at your store, I've been to about ten stores total and all of them have that line on clearance.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Went to Target earlier, they had the Star Wars Imperial Dropship or whatever for $36.xx and The Castle Skeleton for $35, I'm hoping it drops to $25. They had one $15 Exo-force set and the $30 tank, neither on sale, I did scan.[/quote]

The $50 Castle set that looks like a skull? Damn I want that for $35!!

[quote name='180husher']I'm surprised the Exo Force stuff wasn't clearanced at your store, I've been to about ten stores total and all of them have that line on clearance.[/quote]

There was no need too, I'm in MA and for some reason LEGO at normal price sells like hotcakes. There was only two boxes left, the tank and the green set from this year. The place was a zoo too, it was 4:30 and a zoo.

I did get two pairs on shoes from Sears for a total of $10. I love clearance, mixed with BOGO 50% off.. :)

What happened to the $5 off toys coupon at target? My store has signs saying they won't take it anymore 'due to fraud' even though it was set to expire Oct 1. :(

Yeah, this has been the case with the coupon for a couple of weeks now. They say that people photoshopped it and altered it to remove the toy reference. Its mostly BS as we were just copying the hell outta it! When I first saw the signs I had a coupon sitting on the conveyor with some Animated Transformers...I felt like they had "Wanted" posters up with me on them. Making a trip tomorrow and I will report if I see any more sets on clearance.

[quote name='180husher']Yeah, this has been the case with the coupon for a couple of weeks now. They say that people photoshopped it and altered it to remove the toy reference. Its mostly BS as we were just copying the hell outta it! When I first saw the signs I had a coupon sitting on the conveyor with some Animated Transformers...I felt like they had "Wanted" posters up with me on them. Making a trip tomorrow and I will report if I see any more sets on clearance.[/quote]

I agree it's mostly BS, they better take my coupon, I priced two. Stores didn't realize that people change internet coupons, however you can't change the barcode, so if it's programed correctly into the coupon it won't matter.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I agree it's mostly BS, they better take my coupon, I priced two. Stores didn't realize that people change internet coupons, however you can't change the barcode, so if it's programed correctly into the coupon it won't matter.[/quote]

i got denied. let me know if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back