LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks big daddy. So, now to buy or not to buy. I've spent so much money on Lego's the past 2 months, I don't even want to think about it. Right now the Peril in Peru is limit one, so I guess I better get it, just in case it disappears forever.

I went around to 3 different Targets. Some sets were clearanced out, but the same set at another store wasn't on sale at all. So weird. I'm feeling stress now, with having to be on radar alert this entire week for their 75% off sale. hehehehe. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Peril in Peru might come back to TRU. [/quote]

[quote name='cutiepatootie']cute pictue 18husher...ahhahaha. your kid must be in heaven. :)

are you sure that the target stuff automatically goes to 75% whether or not the item is in stock?? last year, i saw a lady scanning items into her handheld scanner, and she told me that she had to do that to lower the prices....so i'm confused. but if you're right, then i'm going to target tonight. :)[/quote]

Target stores get a list of stuff to put on clearance from corporate so to start all target clearance prices are universal. Now here is where the ymmv starts...pricing teams in Target stores have to manually clearance these items for each store.They have to scan a barcode of the item to reduce it in the in-store system. There are three ways of doing that:1) scan the actual item itself 2) scan the ticket on the shelf were the item usually is 3) or most commonly they have a print out sheet with all the barcodes which they can scan in all the changes in a couple of minutes. Most stores I go to use the last method. And all stores have to do this eventually to remove the items from the system or they would be there forever if the item were to sell out. Target has three clearance tiers: starting at 15% - 30% and then 50% off...or 30% - 50% and then 75% off...or 50% - 75% and then 90% off. The last is for seasonal clearance like xmas decorations. The first is usually for more expensive electronics like TVs and such. The middle one is the most commonly used for things such as clothes, toys, video games, housewares, etc. Pricing members have certain days of the week to scan certain departments...I know electronics is Mondays and toys are Thursdays or Fridays. What price you see in any store at any given time is all dependant upon how that stores pricing team does their job. I watch prices in my stores system even for items that are sold out, buy them at other stores for full price or at the first clearance drop and then return/rebuy at my store. It can be work, but when you get a Star Wars MTT Tank adjusted from $100 down to $25, its like finding treasure.

ok, i see 180husher...you are very lucky that you know your target so well. I wonder if my target has changed their ways, but last year, they were manually scanning each toy to mark it down....so I'll have to see this year. Hopefully they changed like yours.

That is like finding gold...I cannot believe you got such a good deal on that mtt!! I was able to find Race for the Stolen Treasure last night, but it was the last one...I'm hoping my Target marks it down like yours!

[quote name='cutiepatootie']by the way, does anyone know of a good deal to get the police headquarters?? i'm slapping myself in the face for not getting it at toysrus during their bogo 50% off sale...augh. i regret it now. :) hopefully they don't discontinue this set anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I saw a beat up and open box of this set in the Walmart after-Christmas toy clearance isle yesterday. I don't recall the price, so my information is of limited use. ;)

Oh dear LEGO....

LEGO is going to make cameras that look like they are build from LEGO bricks, but they aren't made with LEGO bricks!!! Is that the dumbest thing you ever heard? LEGO just two years ago said they would go back to making toys and less of the other crap, then they released expensive furniture, and continued with the other crap, but now this?!

Lego camera sucks.

Radio too, wtf Lego.

I had wished all the recent lego McDonald toys would have been real lego toys, but liek they aren't. so is this camera.

You know what would rock ... Legos being on sale ... is it just me or does it seem like this barely ever happens. I know about the Easter sale and the November sales ... but, man, a "this weekend" sale would be swell. Anyone know of anything worth waiting for or should I buy with confidence this weekend knowing that Legos never seem to be discounted? And I tried the Target/ Walmart route already and both have been picked clean and left to the wasteland ...

LEGO is on sale, just not all the time. TRU and Target a few times a year does 20% off X theme for a week. However at TRU prices it's really useless.

[quote name='xycury']I had wished all the recent lego McDonald toys would have been real lego toys, but liek they aren't. so is this camera.[/quote]

I remember when McDonald's had the real toys. It wasn't that many pieces, but at least you got a meal out of it. The best were the ones that came with Kellogg's and sending in 2 UPC's or something back in the 80's. The sets were pretty cool and even came with a minifig.

Kmart has been my best spot to get sales, they had continuely had 2get1free, buy 1 get 1 50% off, and the 20% sale of sets.

Targets around me are stingy... and I rarely get anything beyond 15% clearence.

WM too, even worse, they hardly have clearence legos, only a few sets that really no one wants. Like yesterday, they have the tri-wing SW jet plane... retail 65 (NOT WORTH IT), and it's marked 20 down to 45, which is where it SHOULD be... ugh. The set only has like 447 pieces.

that and stocking... the past like month has been utter crap for inventory.

TRU is crazy, has alot, but then sell too much and only have like 1 or 2 sets, but those are in the 40s for qty. Then realizing that you're paying a TRU tax to get lego from TRU, which is utter BS. they had 2 5 off 25 coupons, and nothing to buy because they had nothing instock.

yeah most of the stores are picked over.

does anyone remember what the Easter ToysRUs sale is? Like BOGO 50% off in Nov/Dec? I'm starting to really, really regret not buying more from that sale.

I just had to bite the bullet and order Peril in Peru. I haven't cared much for the Lego Indy sets but I'm a sucker for airplane lego sets and $50 ($60 after tax and shipping...) for a 625 piece set with 5 minifigs is just too good to pass up.

Now, now I will slow down on buying legos... Unless of course I can find the last 2 Coast Guard sets I need.

[quote name='xycury']Kmart has been my best spot to get sales, they had continuely had 2get1free, buy 1 get 1 50% off, and the 20% sale of sets.[/quote]

Someone said something nice about K-Mart!?!

You could find 3 sets in a K-Mart? That's impressive. :D

TRU Easter sale used to be B2G1free, they used to do that for the giraffe's birthday, X-Mas and Easter, however the X-Mas sale became BOGO 50% off.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Someone said something nice about K-Mart!?!

TRU Easter sale used to be B2G1free, they used to do that for the giraffe's birthday, X-Mas and Easter, however the X-Mas sale became BOGO 50% off.[/quote]

Yes, it's Bizarro Kmart... can't explain it but this past year has been great.

They always had a good mix of Castle and MM, always with the SW and Bioncle though.

That's also where i get some of the amzing clearence prices... like a 3.50 Spongebob set that was 90% off.

They had a complete set of Exoforce and had all the Aqua sets too, got them all on clearence. And with the sales, I've gotten some of the bigger sets.

I still won't pay more than 30 for a set... Besides Castle if it's worth it.

I've looked over the SW and for $/piece is just way off... Bioncle are action figures... and so far, I've picked up every middle to small set.

So... waiting for Space Police and a discount on the Village if I'll ever find it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Someone said something nice about K-Mart!?!

TRU Easter sale used to be B2G1free, they used to do that for the giraffe's birthday, X-Mas and Easter, however the X-Mas sale became BOGO 50% off.[/quote]

Hopefully they keep the bogo 50% off. It's a better deal since you can more easily find 2 sets you want at matching prices than you can find 3.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I just got a Troll Warship for $19.88 from Wal-Mart due to pricing error. The manager was nice enough to give it to us though.[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal ... I pulled out my old castle and pirate sets yesterday and I'm amazed how much more detail there is in the new sets ... the Troll warship looks really cool though, was the tagged price less than it was a few weeks ago at 54 or something like that?

It was suppose to be $64 but there was a sticker placed over the bar code for $19.88 so I figured I would try to get it and worst thing would they don't allow it. The new bar code didn't scan so they called over the manager and he decided to give it to me at that price because "thats what we saw it at". I was worried they were going to accuse me of doing it.

That's awesome.

The Troll Ship is different prices at different Walmarts. I love the set, but it's not worth over $60 normal price. I'd love that set because it has four bad guy shields, 6 Orcs, a Troll, and an dwarf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's been posted, but the Eiffel Tower set is 20% off at target.com (159.99). Shipping probably kills it but I figured it was worth sharing just in case -

http://www.target.com/LEGO-Creator-...6520853?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:lego&page=1

Hmm ... actually Amazon is running it for 18% off with free shipping ... probably a better deal

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Make-Create-Eiffel-Tower/dp/B000P0Z9KQ/ref=pd_sim_t_2

Just in case you missed getting them cheaper during the Holidays (How the hell did someone get Green Grocer for $85?? I was just reviewing the thread)

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's awesome.

The Troll Ship is different prices at different Walmarts. I love the set, but it's not worth over $60 normal price. I'd love that set because it has four bad guy shields, 6 Orcs, a Troll, and an elf.[/quote]

elf? elf?

I think that's a Dwarf right?

anyways, I would kill to get the ship for 20. :(

[quote name='bigdaddy']New Star Wars sets that look really awesome, more so for Star Wars. However one is most likely $90, and the other has 155 pieces, but will probably be $30.

LEGO 8038 The Battle of Endor

LEGO 7749 Echo Base[/quote]

Thank you! I have been looking for pictures of these sets for a long time. They are both better than I anticipated. My girlfriend is a huge Ewok fan. I even gave her a MOC LEGO Ewok Village plus 10 LEGO Ewoks for Christmas ($400 in parts). These new Ewoks are so much better with the correct paint scheme and three different colors! The new glider and catapult are perfect now. I only wish they split the set into two parts: Ewoks and related vs the rest. I would buy 10+ sets for the Ewoks, but can only afford at most 4. I wonder what the second hand market will sell these Ewoks for. I hope it is around the $10 range, but I bet $15 will be the fetched price. Usually sets without minifigs goes for about half price, so I could recoup half the cost minus fees that way.

The Echo Base is just as amazing. Finally 2x Snowtroopers in an affordable set. Plus Tauntaun! I'll buy 4 sets for sure, but maybe more.

These two sets were definitely influenced by the LEGO Star Wars video games. Pure awesome. Aside from the Imperial Dropship, I think these are the best LEGO Star Wars set yet.

[quote name='bigdaddy']New Star Wars sets that look really awesome, more so for Star Wars. However one is most likely $90, and the other has 155 pieces, but will probably be $30.

LEGO 8038 The Battle of Endor

LEGO 7749 Echo Base[/quote]

We have achieved LEGO taun-taun.....Hell YES.

Speaking of Hoth LEGO, prepare to piss your pants when you see this:

60,000-piece LEGO Hoth Battle Diorama

Took him 4 years and $3,000. Make sure you check out the Flickr gallery. Some of the stuff simply has to be seen up close to be believed. Custom-made taun-taun, medical droid, tons of other stuff. Made his own AT-ATs that are amazingly detailed. The guy covered much of the battlefield with 4 x 4 flat plates, except where he made friggin' FOOTPRINTS. Amazing.

[quote name='voidedx']Thank you! I have been looking for pictures of these sets for a long time. They are both better than I anticipated. My girlfriend is a huge Ewok fan. I even gave her a MOC LEGO Ewok Village plus 10 LEGO Ewoks for Christmas ($400 in parts).[/quote]

You spent $400 on a gift for your girlfriend and all it is is LEGOs? :lol:

I don't know what took LEGO so long to make Taun-taun. They made something that looked like one in an Episode One set. I have no clue why they didn't make those have a place to add arms. That way they could have used the same mold, just in a different colour.

I have seen the huge Hoth thing. I normally don't like things that big. Anyone can build anything if they have enough money to buy the bricks they need. However the footprints in the snow is very very cool.

My Target actually had some items left on clearance. Got the Creator Stegasaurus set for $11 and change, and the Coast Guard Truck & Speed Boat for $10. Saw some Bionicle at 75% off, but I had low interest, and the 50th Aniversary set was also $10. The large Mars Mission (Hypersonic Operations Aircraft) set was only at 30% off.

Someone picked up the Star Destroyer that I was eying, and would have at most been $49.88. (Talked myself out of it yesterday and it was gone today.)

Rock! Just got a Troll Warship for $30 at one of the Walmarts here. It was the last one sitting on a clearance rack that was randomly placed by the electronics section.

On a related note, seems Walmart has gotten more sets lately. They now have the construction and new Indy (as well as some old Crystal Skull) sets, among other things. Not empty like it's been lately.

I'll finally get a Target I don't have to fly to another state to get to...in March. :p

I may poke in to the local WalMart, but my stores are terrible with clearance items and prices.

okay, i went to target today and found lots of lego for 75% off....i feel so lucky! but what's weird is that the lego indiana 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull was only on clearance at one Target...I really thought the other Target would mark theirs down. I can't figure out how they decide this stuff.

I also saw the AT-TE Walker, but ours was not marked down. I got some of the City Lego, a Mars thing, the small IJ set with the tent (crappy set, but you get 3 figures, and it was only 2.48), and Police Pontoon (didn't look spectacular but it was 9.98).

Anyhow, it was a good day. Thanks so much 180husher....now we are set for next Christmas!! :) heheheheheh!

booooo at all the people with great Targets :(

I can't get to my Target fast enough for 75% off.

i wouldn't mind a cheap warship... I think i'm repeating myself.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']okay, i went to target today and found lots of lego for 75% off....i feel so lucky! but what's weird is that the lego indiana 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull was only on clearance at one Target...I really thought the other Target would mark theirs down. I can't figure out how they decide this stuff.

I also saw the AT-TE Walker, but ours was not marked down. I got some of the City Lego, a Mars thing, the small IJ set with the tent (crappy set, but you get 3 figures, and it was only 2.48), and Police Pontoon (didn't look spectacular but it was 9.98).[/QUOTE]

Nice, I wouldn't mind getting a Pontoon Plane for $10. Each Target marks down their own stuff at their own rate so clearance can be different store to store.

You people are lucky! I haven't gotten 75% off LEGO since the last wonderful Adventure theme i can't remember the name of, those sets were awesome.

Looks like everyone beat me to the punch with the Target drops today. For some reason, my store went straight from 30% off to 75% off in less than two weeks! Went home, grabbed my pile of receipts, and then did the old return/rebuy. New prices in bold:

#7622 Race for Stolen Treasure (Indy) $31.79/22.25/$7.22

#8160 Cruncher Block and Racer X (Speed Racer) $40/27.98/$9.98

#7645 Crystal Reaper (Mars) $50/34.98/$12.48

#6164 Fire and Rescue??? (Kids?) $30/20.98/$7.48

#7726 Coast Guard Truck w/Boat (City) $44/30.78/$9.98

#7723 Police Pontoon Plane (City) $40/27.98/$9.98

#4210 Coast Guard Platform (City) $50/34.98/$12.48

And the one I've been waiting for...(got 2!)
#6211 Imperial Star Destroyer (SW) $100/69.98/$24.98

There is one glitch in the system:
#7644 Hypersonic Spacecraft (Mars) $80/39.98
673419101486...my store has it in the system at 30% off still eventhough I got it at 50% off at another store.

Good luck everyone. And your welcome cutiepatootie.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']

I also saw the AT-TE Walker, but ours was not marked down. I got some of the City Lego, a Mars thing, the small IJ set with the tent (crappy set, but you get 3 figures, and it was only 2.48)[/quote]

My kids love the small $10 sets the most, small enough for them to build on their own and lots of minfigs.

I went to three Targets today, Downey, Pico Rivera, and Rosemead (all SoCal), both Downey and Rosemead were only at 30% still, only a couple of Lego sets left (both had the huge coast guard truck w/ boat, and Rosemead had the 50th Anniversary set and couple of Sponge Bob sets). The Pico Rivera one is at 75% off but all clearance Legos are gone.

[quote name='180husher']Looks like everyone beat me to the punch with the Target drops today. For some reason, my store went straight from 30% off to 75% off in less than two weeks! Went home, grabbed my pile of receipts, and then did the old return/rebuy. New prices in bold:

#7622 Race for Stolen Treasure (Indy) $31.79/22.25/$7.22

#8160 Cruncher Block and Racer X (Speed Racer) $40/27.98/$9.98

#7645 Crystal Reaper (Mars) $50/34.98/$12.48

#6164 Fire and Rescue??? (Kids?) $30/20.98/$7.48

#7726 Coast Guard Truck w/Boat (City) $44/30.78/$9.98

#7723 Police Pontoon Plane (City) $40/27.98/$9.98

#4210 Coast Guard Platform (City) $50/34.98/$12.48

And the one I've been waiting for...(got 2!)
#6211 Imperial Star Destroyer (SW) $100/69.98/$24.98

There is one glitch in the system:
#7644 Hypersonic Spacecraft (Mars) $80/39.98
673419101486...my store has it in the system at 30% off still eventhough I got it at 50% off at another store.

Good luck everyone. And your welcome cutiepatootie.[/quote]

wow... just wow.

I hate you too :applause:

Hate me some more...an Agents Deep Sea Quest showed at my store this morning from outta nowhere and I couldn't just leave it there with that gorgeous $12.48 price tag on it. Sorry, but it's good to be hated!

Since you like it so much, I fucking hate you. lol.

That is great for you man. I wish I could get all those coast guard and police sets for those prices.

[quote name='180husher']Hate me some more...an Agents Deep Sea Quest showed at my store this morning from outta nowhere and I couldn't just leave it there with that gorgeous $12.48 price tag on it. Sorry, but it's good to be hated![/quote]

OMG... I'm moving, expect some compitition :cool: :applause:

I cna't hate him too much, he did get me back into Castle.

However I still hate you. :p

Went to a Target and a Walmart and they have nothing. The Walmart through was nicely organized and had both sides of the aile with the next set names.

I also like how the Star Wars Battle Packs are a Walmart everyday low price of $10.88, for a $9.99 set.

Edit - Walmart had some $120 Star Wars set for "only" $99! The price it should have been to begin with!

Man... I went to my local Target (Mesa, Near Fiesta Mall), and they had 1 lego set in the clearance section (The big Mars Mission ship) and it was only 30% off. Oh well. I'll have to check some other Targets later.

Decided to travel around to a couple Targets today ... was lucky enough to snag the Agents sub one for 12.48 but I missed the "big one" when I was in the lego aisle, checked a price on something, put it back, and was looking around a bit more. I noticed the corner of a box behind some other sets on the bottom shelf but walked away.

As I scanned past it, I see this woman walk down the same aisle to that exact spot and pull out a bloody Star Destroyer (she must have seen me checking the price on the other set because I saw her 4 or 5 aisles down in the toy section a minute before) ... which she then proceeds to take over to a Target associate, asking if its on lower clearance than the marked price.

So the associate says "Oh, we're not supposed to adjust prices like that unless they're marked" and the lady responds "Well, it was lower at the other Target" and subsequently gets it adjusted to $24 bucks ... yeah, I wanted to punch her in the face ... but I'm a man of honor and walked away ...

Guess luck has a funny way of playing tricks ... I went to the LEGO store in SJ, CA tonight and evidently someone had just returned a brand new, unopened Lego Star Wars Jabba's Sail Barge and they had it for sale at the original $75 price. Now I know a true Cheapass wouldn't pay full price, but I figured this was my one shot to own it and threw down the cash. What do you guys think, worth the price of admission? I noticed it's price has increased on Amazon since 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back