LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']Indy Canal Chase dropped to $9.98 at Target. This was a fast drop...two weeks from 30% off to 75% off so your local store may have some. Of course, Target clearance prices are YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Wow...that is hot. But I checked my Targets, and they are still full price. I wonder if they will ever go on clearance then???

[quote name='mickeyp']Can you guys help me pick a set for my son he really likes the star wars sets.
$25-50 set would be fine, I am looking for one with nice pieces, fun to play with, cool minifig, worth the $ . If you really think another series is fun and worth it let me know as well. Thanks, Mickey[/QUOTE]

If he watches the Clone Wars animated series, then I'd definitely go for something from that line. All of these sets can be had for about $55 total, and would give a good number of droids and clones to have some good battles:

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid:
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7748&cn=520&d=322

Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid:
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7670&cn=520&d=322

Clone Walker Battle Pack:
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8014&cn=520&d=322

Jesus...The Toy Shop set sold out already? :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Why the Hell would they set the "per customer" limit at 5? That's like handing eBay resellers a bottle of lube.

The Venice Canal Chase was still at $40 at my store. They had 3 left, so I guess I'll keep a close eye on those in the coming weeks.

[quote name='Tybee']Jesus...The Toy Shop set sold out already? :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Why the Hell would they set the "per customer" limit at 5? That's like handing eBay resellers a bottle of lube.[/QUOTE]

Too me it seems they shipped too many to stores and didn't keep enough in warehouses because I have heard several LEGO Stores have 100+ boxes.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Too me it seems they shipped too many to stores and didn't keep enough in warehouses because I have heard several LEGO Stores have 100+ boxes.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I may have to pay a visit to my local LEGO outlet store.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Too me it seems they shipped too many to stores and didn't keep enough in warehouses because I have heard several LEGO Stores have 100+ boxes.[/QUOTE]

There were a ton at the Mall of America when I was there on Black Friday. I like the set, but I just wasn't willing to drop $60 on it (despite it being a good value at $60).

Yeah the set is nice, but the building is small and all it is is a building and a tree. Recently I haven't really been interested in any of the large sets, and I cna't spend $150 on a CC style. So I go after the cheap little sets, mainly for the new pieces and minifigures.

[quote name='180husher']Indy Canal Chase dropped to $9.98 at Target. This was a fast drop...two weeks from 30% off to 75% off so your local store may have some. Of course, Target clearance prices are YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Lucky you. Your Target is always quick to clearance out LEGOs. I wouldn't an Indy Canal set at $10.

I checked my local LEGO store and they have a ton of the Winter Toy Shop set. I hope there's some left after Christmas so they can discount them!

[quote name='JokerCard']Wish my Targets were that good as well. By the time they hit the 50% mark, most of em are gone.[/QUOTE]

Which is why you buy it for $40 and return it later on... :roll:

That's a decent deal on that home one.

Btw, Walmart has bing cashback at 20%, but almost every good set is oos. I wish they had the green grocer in stock. 129.99 and 20% off would make me pull the trigger.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Which is why you buy it for $40 and return it later on... :roll:[/QUOTE]

YEAH BABY!!!

6 Coast Guard Patrol Boat and Tower sets at Walmart all gone in two days without price tags or signs...so much for getting them cheaper. Oh well, half off is still pretty darn good.

The Home One deal is live Online right now at toysrus.com I remember I read some where about $10 off with google checkout. Is that still live or does anybody remember if there's a certain thing you have to do?

EDIT: Well, after scouring the internet I'm pretty sure the deal is dead. I used google checkout and I didn't get charged tax so I I got it for $73.69

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BingoBrown']Pretty good discount on the LEGO Star Wars Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser @ Toys R Us on Friday and Saturday with this coupon: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/vit120409-cpns.pdf

33% Off, Was $109.99, Now $73.69

It's really too bad that Star Wars sets aren't included in the B1G1 50% Off promotion. That would have made this super sweet. Regardless, still a good deal for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

Not bad. I might have to pick up another one at that price. Thanks for the coupon. I didn't get that one in my email this time around... hm.

[quote name='180husher']YEAH BABY!!!

6 Coast Guard Patrol Boat and Tower sets at Walmart all gone in two days without price tags or signs...so much for getting them cheaper. Oh well, half off is still pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? I'm going to have to check after work today.

Midi Scale Millennium Falcon is $25 at Walmart online. It's out of stock right now though. I wonder how long it will be till the B&M follows suit. My local one had a ton of them last time I went.

The coast guard set is also online for $30, but out of stock.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']
Btw, Walmart has bing cashback at 20%, but almost every good set is oos. I wish they had the green grocer in stock. 129.99 and 20% off would make me pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Hurry up and get on it, Green Grocer is in stock at Walmart.com. I just ordered one with Bing 20% cashback. My wife is gonna kill me...

[quote name='BingoBrown']Hurry up and get on it, Green Grocer is in stock at Walmart.com. I just ordered one with Bing 20% cashback. My wife is gonna kill me...[/QUOTE]

Have her build it with you. My wife and I just built that set together last weekend and had a blast. It's quality time! ;)

You can also decorate it for the holidays. Extra value! :D

And Green Grocer is now OOS again. Keep watching, it may come back in stock.

Now I find myself wanting the Cafe Corner and Fire Brigade. If only I could find a deal on those.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Hurry up and get on it, Green Grocer is in stock at Walmart.com. I just ordered one with Bing 20% cashback. My wife is gonna kill me...[/QUOTE]

Man, I didn't think of the big sets there... and of course the Fire Brigade is sold out :(

Someone PM me if you happen to see it come back in stock!

[quote name='BingoBrown']And Green Grocer is now OOS again. Keep watching, it may come back in stock.

Now I find myself wanting the Cafe Corner and Fire Brigade. If only I could find a deal on those.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping for Cafe Corner for Christmas, since it's been discontinued and will soon be gone. If it doesn't show up under the tree, I'll probably scrape together for it immediately thereafter. Green Grocer is pretty much the most amazing set I've ever built, and I'd feel like a chump if I let its companion piece go by the boards (already missed out on Market Street, but it was kind of a bastard half-set, and not nearly as impressive as its official brethren, so I don't feel too bad).

I'll get Fire Brigade eventually, but seeing as it was just released, I'm in no hurry.

[quote name='Tybee']Yeah, I'm hoping for Cafe Corner for Christmas, since it's been discontinued and will soon be gone. If it doesn't show up under the tree, I'll probably scrape together for it immediately thereafter. [/QUOTE]

I just don't know what to do. If I wait on Cafe Corner, I might miss out. However, the only "deal" I can find on it is through Walmart with 20% Bing CB. However, I'd still be paying around $10 more than I paid for Green Grocer (because GG was already discounted by $20 before the Bing CB). I might just buy Cafe Corner through Walmart now, then wait and see if I can't find a better deal. I can always return it to Walmart if I do find a better deal somewhere else.

Oh God, if I thought the wife was going to kill me before, how am I going to explain Cafe Corner on top of the Green Grocer purchase?

[quote name='BingoBrown']Oh God, if I thought the wife was going to kill me before, how am I going to explain Cafe Corner on top of the Green Grocer purchase?[/QUOTE]

lol, have it shipped to work and keep it there till the Green Grocer sinks in.

Speaking of the Cafe Corner, I'm going to have to get my wife to return the one she got at the Lego store and get it Walmart instead. $28 off is better than two Holiday boxes.

The midsize Falcon is $25 in store at Walmart, and they had it tagged for $25 on the shelf. Thanks encendido5, I wanted this set but not at $40...$25 is good considering I've only seen it at Walmart and the Lego store.

[quote name='encendido5']lol, have it shipped to work and keep it there till the Green Grocer sinks in.[/QUOTE]

I did the site-to-store shipping to get free shipping, so it at least won't arrive at our door. Despite the size of the box, I could probably conveniently hide it amongst my other unbuilt sets that are stored in my basement without her noticing. My biggest problem is going to be when the credit card bill hits with these two Walmart.com purchases of about $300 (remember, Bing CB comes later, I still pay the full price initially). Oh well, it's Christmas, maybe I can keep her from looking at the credit card bill too hard under the guise of not ruining surprises.

[quote name='180husher']The midsize Falcon is $25 in store at Walmart, and they had it tagged for $25 on the shelf. Thanks encendido5, I wanted this set but not at $40...$25 is good considering I've only seen it at Walmart and the Lego store.[/QUOTE]

I just went to three Walmarts and they were all $39. Just out of curiosity, do you live in a smaller city/town because you always come across amazing deals! Venice Canal Chase for $10! I live in Las Vegas and it is semi hard to come across cheap LEGO.

I picked up a falcon too. They still had tons of them and the shelf was marked at $25. They also still had 3 of the coast guard sets for $30. I left it there for another day even though it's a better deal than the falcon.

Target will have the following sets for $19.00 starting on Sunday:

8960 PowerMiners - Thunder Driller
5972 Space Police -Space Truck Getaway
8036 Star Wars - Separatist Shuttle

They also are going to have other selected SW, PM, and SP sets on sale. If it's anything like the City sets last time, I'd say likely 10% off.

AAACK!!!! @#$@#$@#!!! Man, I just spend a couple hours away from the computer, and this is what happens?!!! Argh!!! I should have checked it more often!! Though, I need to stop buying legos...husband is starting to raise his eyebrows every time he sees a new lego box.

[quote name='encendido5']I picked up a falcon too. They still had tons of them and the shelf was marked at $25. They also still had 3 of the coast guard sets for $30. I left it there for another day even though it's a better deal than the falcon.[/QUOTE]

I hope they are on sale at my WM too....39.00 was way overpriced for this. Though, 20% cashback would have been nice. Just called my WM, and gave them the Upc number....they are on sale...woohoo! This should be nationwide, since it's in my local ad....assuming it's in everyone's local ad.

I think I might pricematch this to Target....I have some giftcards to Target, so it would be awesome if they do it.

The non-super Wal-Mart near me still had Falcon for $39.00. The ad says "prices effective 12/6 -12/12" so I'm guess all Wal-Mart stores should be at this price tomorrow. I'm still tempted to check a Super Wal-Mart to see if they have them at $25.00 now.

[quote name='elsnerma']Target will have the following sets for $19.00 starting on Sunday:

[/QUOTE]

That explains why they were stocking so many of the Power Miner set yesterday. I'd live the drill and maybe the SP set for $19, too bad I don't have any money.

Just grabbed the Fire Brigade off ebay with 15% cashback as some dude was selling a new one cheap. $125 buy it now - $18.75 instant cashback + 14.95 shipping = $121.20. So a bit cheaper than through Walmart + 20% delayed cashback + shipping. Works for me :)

[quote name='elsnerma']Target will have the following sets for $19.00 starting on Sunday:

They also are going to have other selected SW, PM, and SP sets on sale. If it's anything like the City sets last time, I'd say likely 10% off.[/QUOTE]
$19 for Separatist Shuttle isn't too bad. I think I'll pick up one. Thanks for the heads up.

TRU has it that you get a free snowman or tree with any LEGO purchase. Not bad if you want to buy a 2010 set (because those are not marked up).

If you guys order the sets on sale at Target.....bing cashback 10% thru searching for "kids bikes", and 10% off with coupon A2VBT487. Free shipping over 50.00.

It may or may not stack though....and I heard people have better luck signing in with their Target account, not amazon.

[quote name='bigdaddy']TRU has it that you get a free snowman or tree with any LEGO purchase. Not bad if you want to buy a 2010 set (because those are not marked up).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised to see that Atlantis I got for $25 was the same price on S@H. It's not a $25 set unless you have a little one as its better for playing rather than displaying.

[quote name='bigdaddy']TRU will raise their prices on the 2010 sets once they become widely available in January. Don't know why. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Found out today my TRU has already raised the prices on most of their 2010 sets. They seemed to have raised them $2.00 across the board, meaning $6.99 Atlantis was now $8.99 and $24.99 Atlantis was now $26.99.

In good news, the free holiday set also applies to the holiday sets themselves, meaning they are in essence b1g1 free. Picked up 2 more Snowmen.

[quote name='elsnerma']
In good news, the free holiday set also applies to the holiday sets themselves, meaning they are in essence b1g1 free. Picked up 2 more Snowmen.[/QUOTE]

It sucks I didn't wait, could have gotten the tree and the snowman for $3.50.

Some of the Toy Story sets have shown up on the brickset site:

7594-1.jpg

7590-1.jpg

7592-1.jpg

RC, Buzz, and Woody- even though its only 92 pieces, I'd be shocked if it was less than $20

I have a feeling the price premium you see with Star Wars is nothing cmpared to what the Toy Story/Disney tax is gonna be...

That having been said, I'll still be buying that shit up like nobody's business.

I'd really like that RC Buzz and Woody. I'm bummed I missed out on some BF and other sales in the past couple of weeks.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It sucks I didn't wait, could have gotten the tree and the snowman for $3.50.[/QUOTE]
Just buy it again this week to take advantage of the deal and then return it on your old receipt.

The Toy Story sets look good. I can see my son having a blast with #7590 and #7594

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Just buy it again this week to take advantage of the deal and then return it on your old receipt.
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Like I know where the receipt went! Plus I will be waiting in a TRU line for 20 minutes on a summer day never mind two weeks before Christmas!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']RC, Buzz, and Woody- even though its only 92 pieces, I'd be shocked if it was less than $20

I have a feeling the price premium you see with Star Wars is nothing cmpared to what the Toy Story/Disney tax is gonna be...

That having been said, I'll still be buying that shit up like nobody's business.[/QUOTE]

That set is $20, but to be fair even if it wasn't a TS set I think the normal price would now be about $15 because of the pull back motor.

The rumour of the set prices of those three sets are $60, $20 and $25. However it wouldn't surprise me if they were $70, $20 and $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back