LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='illennium']Worth $15?[/QUOTE]

I would say at least $15... I'll watch.. I like all the tan and black... figures are nice, I might give away some... my wife would like the chick...

so I am hoping they will expand to other sets.... kinda sick from IJ, amazon already forced me to buy 2.

[quote name='xycury'] kinda sick from IJ, amazon already forced me to buy 2.[/QUOTE]

AAHAHAHAHAH! Lol. Well, I'm happy they have another set up for cheap, but also irritated...I needed to run to the grocery store...now I won't have time. Can't wait til they start having different sets up too.

Got one too...I'm starting to understand what the word "addiction" means. But, I didn't get the bioncle one from a day or so ago, so I know I can stop anytime I want.

Damnit I would have loved one for $15, 5 unique figures and the two awesome cars... damn.

And of course fake Hamsters cost more. In 4th grade we had two Hamsters and by the end of the year we would have had at least 150, but a few times the mom ate the babies.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damnit I would have loved one for $15, 5 unique figures and the two awesome cars... damn.
[/QUOTE]
Co-sign! Wish I knew about this one. First LEGO deal I've missed...

[quote name='JokerCard']I like the Indiana Jones sets. I hope the fighter plane attack is the next set.[/QUOTE]

the Figher Plane attack early late 2 weeks lightning deal... for 19.99.

unless they suddenly have a ton more... I wouldn't expect it again.

[quote name='JokerCard']I like the Indiana Jones sets. I hope the fighter plane attack is the next set.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tybee']DAMN IT. Missed another one.

Is it reasonable to assume Amazon's doing LEGO deals every day at 11:00 am EST now?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have that many to do every day... that's what I'm hoping..... they'll get off this IJ kick and find more houses :D or other creator sets.

at least agents wouldn't be too bad, since I don't have any of those...

Agents is dead, most of the sets are selling out and I think LEGO stopped making the sets. For some reason LEGO made insane amounts of IJ that no one wants. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Agents is dead, most of the sets are selling out and I think LEGO stopped making the sets.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Agents is officially dead. Definitely on life support, though, which is too bad. It's been one of my favorite Lego themes recently. Just wish I could've purchased all the sets I wanted.

I'd like the Temple of Doom for $5 please ... jk

Though a lightning deal on that set would be sweet .... I keep waiting for Target to put it on clearance, if it ever gets there before it sells out.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't think Agents is officially dead. Definitely on life support, though, which is too bad. It's been one of my favorite Lego themes recently. Just wish I could've purchased all the sets I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Well I like the 2.0 but just the Bot... seems like Agents really don't have alot of peices to reuse... maybe why I hate or at least dislike most sets besides Creator.

Well if the big A has more Lego Lightning deals... I'm going to be poor :(

[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't think Agents is officially dead. Definitely on life support, though, which is too bad. It's been one of my favorite Lego themes recently. Just wish I could've purchased all the sets I wanted.[/QUOTE]

No it's official dead, there will be no new sets in 2010.

[quote name='bigdaddy']No it's official dead, there will be no new sets in 2010.[/QUOTE]

I've seen discussion on Eurobricks that seems to indicate that nobody knows officially whether Agents is dead or not. The summer line-up has yet to be released. If you've got some official source that says otherwise, please share. I realize that there isn't anything new for the Agents theme for January 2010, but that doesn't mean it is cancelled.

One of the Lego Ambassadors on Eurobricks said that there are no plans for Agents in 2010, that included the summer time. It's not like they just make the sets in a day, we get January pictures every year no later than September. So unless LEGO goes "Shit we need some Agents" within the last month and they come up with a few small sets the theme is dead. Maybe in the future they will come back to to like they did Alpha Force Team or whatever it was called, but I'd go with the theme being dead.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's not like they just make the sets in a day, we get January pictures every year no later than September.[/QUOTE]

Right, and we have no pictures from any of the summer 2010 sets yet, so we don't know what will be in it. I'm not saying Agents is alive, I just think you're calling the time of death a little early.

But what I'm saying is someone who has connections with LEGO said there will be none for 2010, same with IJ and SpongeBob (I think). So unless they changed their minds and wiped up some crap sets for next September than Agents is done.

Plus we have summer pictures, we have some Star Wars and Toy Story 3 pictures.

Just a heads up, Target stores are starting to stock 2010 sets. Just picked up Snowtrooper Battle Pack for $10.99 (much better than the $12.99 at TRU).

Only sets they had out were some of the new Racers, Ben 10, the Space Police Raid VPR, and this set stacked on top of the older battle packs. They already had places marked for the Toy Story sets, but none out yet. I'll keep an eye out in the next couple days.

Agents had a good run ... I'm looking forward to Prince of Persia though. Most of the smaller Agents sets never really did much for me, though I can see how they'd be pretty playable for kids. I'm hoping the Prince of Persia sets add some nice architecture and not just vehicles, the way the Agents sets always seemed to focus on.

Has anyone noticed any difference in quality with the Toys Story stuff? I know Big had mentioned something about Woody being pre-built because the figure was manufactured in China ... and maybe I'm crazy but the plastic quality in the Army Men set doesn't seem quite as high end as the IJ & Green Grocer set ... anyone else notice anything like that?

[quote name='etcrane']Agents had a good run ... I'm looking forward to Prince of Persia though. Most of the smaller Agents sets never really did much for me, though I can see how they'd be pretty playable for kids. I'm hoping the Prince of Persia sets add some nice architecture and not just vehicles, the way the Agents sets always seemed to focus on.
[/QUOTE]

Boys want vehicles, that simple. Every City set made has to have at least some type of vehicle because that's what LEGO focus groups told them.

[quote name='elsnerma']Just a heads up, Target stores are starting to stock 2010 sets. Just picked up Snowtrooper Battle Pack for $10.99 (much better than the $12.99 at TRU).

Only sets they had out were some of the new Racers, Ben 10, the Space Police Raid VPR, and this set stacked on top of the older battle packs. They already had places marked for the Toy Story sets, but none out yet. I'll keep an eye out in the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

I am jealous. Those hoth sets seem cool. Plus I am geeked about the Wampa Cave set coming next year. Lots of good star wars sets really. I mean a Slave 1 that comes with Fett with a cape no less! AWESOME!

Anyways, seems like I will have to be hitting some Targets. (Though are local lego rep said the area would be wiped clean til after the new year). They are actually stocking Mega Bloks in the lego area because there is nothing left.

[quote name='mediviper']

Anyways, seems like I will have to be hitting some Targets. (Though are local lego rep said the area would be wiped clean til after the new year). They are actually stocking Mega Bloks in the lego area because there is nothing left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most of the Targets around me have Lego shelves that are mostly empty. It's not going to be a good post-christmas clearance this year as their is nothing left to mark down.

Two Lego lightning deals at Amazon today:

Star Wars Vader's TIE Advanced Starfighter @ 6:00 AM PST (Not the small one, the $100 big set)

Power Miners Crystal Sweeper @ 3:00 PM PST

[quote name='180husher']Amazon lightning deals for today (two, but they are going to be expensive!)

http://www.amazon.com/Toys-Holiday-..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=503120231&pf_rd_i=165793011

#1 at 9 am eastern = Darth Vader's Tie Fighter Advanced (the big one)

#2 at 6 pm eastern = Crystal Sweeper

Even at half off we're talking $35 - $50 bucks. I'd rather have cheap IJ sets.[/QUOTE]

Damn... 35 wouldn't be too bad for the Crystal Sweeper.. but I'm too poor.

oh well.... maybe see if I can dig in the couch for some loose change by then... 8 hours from now.. is a long time.

[quote name='180husher']Rubber treads, only 474 pieces...I'll pass for $35.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably passing too. This is the kind of set I'd definitely pick up at a discount of 75% (although that's probably true of most Lego sets), but 50% off just doesn't do a lot for me. Plus I'm still not sure I want anything Power Miners. I picked up the Thunder Driller from the Target sale, but I'm thinking I may return it. I've got enough to collect for Lego themes without delving into Power Miners.

For $35 I think it's kind of cool, if I had children I would pick it up in a heart beat because it scoops up the rock monsters. But as a display set it's rather ugly. :lol:

Mostlybricks.com has some reviews up of the new sets. I love the snow Trooper BP with the white speeder bike! They also have the Toy Story western set up, which is a good price for the set but I wonder how much of it is made in China is is therefore shit LEGO or LEGO in name only.

I wouldn't say Agents is dead because LEGO has been talking about rotating themes in and out starting with Pirates. That was an old theme rotated back in, now it is out, and they said they will bring it back yet again. I bet they will rotate Miners out after 2010. Otherwise there is not enough shelf space to keep all themes going. The only two themes you can count on every year for the next five+ years are City and Star Wars.

I want to say I read something to this statement on Eurobricks.

:lol:

The only two themes we will get every year are City and Castle because those are "classic", and I think Space. Space doesn't equal Star Wars, that license needs to be renewed in 2011.

However when talking about rotating themes it means the current ones are gone. They mean "action" themes rotate, but Power Miners replaced Rock Raiders, Agents replaced Alpha team, Atlantis replaced Aqua Raider, which replaced the Heurtonauts or whatever which replaced AquaRaiders which was a kind of continuation of Aqua Zone. :lol:

So sure Agents can return, they most likely will years down the line, but don't be surprised if they don't or if they change their name.

I think I read it on Eurobricks too, I can't remember. :lol:

[quote name='180husher']10 am eastern lightning deal:

Cruncher bloc and racer x probably for $20.

Already got it.[/QUOTE]

meh... but wonder what's on tomorrow!?

[quote name='180husher']10 am eastern lightning deal:

Cruncher bloc and racer x probably for $20.

Already got it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I found it at T.J. Maxx a while ago for $15. Decent set, but probably not worth $20. The truck cab is cool, but the trailer is lame. Definitely need to MOC the trailer, don't make the open-air office like the directions suggest.

I have a theory. I think Amazon put the Speed Racer set up as a Lightning Deal to keep us from complaining about the IJ and Power Miners deals. Don't those look so much better in comparison?

Promotional poster of the blind-packaged minifigs up at EB.

gallery_2351_21_4801.jpg

If that packaging is just little plastic bags, I'm wondering how easy it might be to figure out what you're getting before you buy? I mean, the robot's helmet or clown's head should be pretty distinctive shapes, right?

Are you really gonig to go through bags and bag just to find one piece... maybe? :lol:

OK, me too! :lol:

Plus you could always abuse the LEGO consumer service line and say you are missing the robots head. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back