LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']Are you really gonig to go through bags and bag just to find one piece... maybe? :lol:

OK, me too! :lol:

Plus you could always abuse the LEGO consumer service line and say you are missing the robots head. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously going to get those x-ray glasses in the back of my comics :cool:

awesome, can't wait to pay $4.50 at TRU!

I will need to get at least 1 of each...

I'll gladly trade up for any with you guys.

Doh...so my Indiana Jones canal chase never arrived from Amazon (Fedex tracking stuck on left seller facility) and I got a refund back....but I really wanted that set..

I never had a problem before from UPS so Im guessing fedex is the problem here.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Are you really gonig to go through bags and bag just to find one piece... maybe? :lol:

OK, me too! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Probably, at least to see if I can guess which is the clown or robot (both of which I'd like), assuming these are entire minifigs in the packages and not just parts. I figure I at least have a better shot of getting one of those two, and if I don't get either one, I still may get something I wanted.

I'm wondering how easy it might be to pick out other minifigs just based on how few pieces are in there. I mean, it looks like some of the minifigs are quite complicated, with a variety of pieces or accessories. But the zombie minifig looks like he's just the standard minifig components with nothing extra. Regardless, should be interesting to see the strategies we can come up with for foiling the "blind" packaging.

[quote name='JokerCard']Doh...so my Indiana Jones canal chase never arrived from Amazon (Fedex tracking stuck on left seller facility) and I got a refund back....but I really wanted that set..

I never had a problem before from UPS so Im guessing fedex is the problem here.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. More likely, Amazon took your order, assigned it a shipping number before even boxing it, and then realized they were out of stock, effectively canceling your order. The same thing happened to me ordering Peril in Peru from LEGO S@H. Kind of sucks.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Probably, at least to see if I can guess which is the clown or robot (both of which I'd like), assuming these are entire minifigs in the packages and not just parts.[/QUOTE]

They aren't entire minifigures in the way you are thinking. You won't get a complete clown or a complete robot. You will get the clowns hair, the robot's head, the cheerleaders torso, the divers legs, the bow from the forestman and so on. You will get a complete mixed match minifigure.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They aren't entire minifigures in the way you are thinking. You won't get a complete clown or a complete robot. You will get the clowns hair, the robot's head, the cheerleaders torso, the divers legs, the bow from the forestman and so on. You will get a complete mixed match minifigure.[/QUOTE]

Well, from reading the Eurobricks thread, it seems like nobody knows for sure whether they will be complete figs or parts packages. I'm willing to bet they'll be complete figs though, because I don't think blind packaging plus not getting a complete figure is something Lego wants to do to kids. I could be wrong, but that seems like a more likely scenario to me.

Eurobricks isn't god of LEGO. :lol: They are only the club of European LEGO Losers. :lol:

People on brickset have been talking about it and it seems that they have a special thicker bag so you can't tell what piece is in it. I have a bad feeling the info on random parts will be true. However neither way seems to work well, because LEGO weighs all the sets to make sure there are the right amount of pieces.

Either way it's about time LEGO did something like this, but for $3+ it seems a little high.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Eurobricks isn't god of LEGO. :lol: They are only the club of European LEGO Losers. :lol:

People on brickset have been talking about it and it seems that they have a special thicker bag so you can't tell what piece is in it. I have a bad feeling the info on random parts will be true. However neither way seems to work well, because LEGO weighs all the sets to make sure there are the right amount of pieces.

Either way it's about time LEGO did something like this, but for $3+ it seems a little high.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering if it's going to be a random amount of say 5 parts.... head, body, legs, accessory 1 and accessory 2. if Acc 1&2 are going to be an extra leg or head, so be it. maybe it is a bow and a skateboard.

Really these things should be in eggshells or something, that'll really drive people bonkers.

But bags, one could thumb for a helmet or hair, but that doesn't make it a whole clown or robot either.

it'll be random luck, which will make Lego sell millions.

$3 is too much... should be $2. This needs to be affordable, and getting $3 is way too much.

[quote name='xycury']That's what I'm wondering if it's going to be a random amount of say 5 parts.... head, body, legs, accessory 1 and accessory 2. if Acc 1&2 are going to be an extra leg or head, so be it. maybe it is a bow and a skateboard.[/QUOTE]

It very well could be, but I just don't think parents/kids would be okay with that scheme. It's one thing to have blind packaging that forces a parent/kid to buy more to get what the kid wants, but it's something completely different if a kid has to buy 12 packages just to complete one minifig. Although random parts is possible, I think it's unlikely. Lego knows how to please it's customers, and random parts in these blind packages would not do that.

[quote name='BingoBrown']It very well could be, but I just don't think parents/kids would be okay with that scheme. It's one thing to have blind packaging that forces a parent/kid to buy more to get what the kid wants, but it's something completely different if a kid has to buy 12 packages just to complete one minifig. Although random parts is possible, I think it's unlikely. Lego knows how to please it's customers, and random parts in these blind packages would not do that.[/QUOTE]

I think you're overthinking it. Kids WON'T buy 12 packages to complete a minifig (though crazed adults like ourselves might). Kids will buy 2 or 3 packs and their friends will each buy 2 or 3 and they will trade pieces. Lego is trying to establish a baseball/Magic the Gathering card dynamic, i.e., collectible, tradeable series of Lego minifigs. You wouldn't expect a pack of baseball cards to articulate which cards it contains, would you? Thus, these random packs of parts are by design. They want to encourage trading.

Sure, it might suck if you're just interested in one or two figs, but if you want a whole set (as I do), it's kind of fun.

[quote name='Tybee']I think you're overthinking it. Kids WON'T buy 12 packages to complete a minifig (though crazed adults like ourselves might). Kids will buy 2 or 3 packs and their friends will each buy 2 or 3 and they will trade pieces. Lego is trying to establish a baseball/Magic the Gathering card dynamic, i.e., collectible, tradeable series of Lego minifigs. You wouldn't expect a pack of baseball cards to articulate which cards it contains, would you? Thus, these random packs of parts are by design. They want to encourage trading.

Sure, it might suck if you're just interested in one or two figs, but if you want a whole set (as I do), it's kind of fun.[/QUOTE]

Indeed I think this is the way they will go... trading.

I think the bags will contain at least 1 head, body and legs... if it's a complete figure, great, if not well have anyone watched a kid play any of the Lego games?

Their custom minifig is a frankenstein nightmare.... and I don't think kids care enough to not get a complete matching figure.

OCD into overdrive.

This is like the capsule toys in Japan... you dont' know what you're going to get but you 'want' the entire series... they sell like hotcakes.

That's why I'm thinking the bags will weigh the same, just like Big stated, that we'll get a head, body, legs, acc1 and acc2... if we get two heads, oh well.... we'll trade.

I really don't think that they'll be whole figures. you'd easily know which ones you're getting... and why wouldn't they do a clear package and price them at impulse if they are going to do that.

[quote name='xycury']

$3 is too much... should be $2. This needs to be affordable, and getting $3 is way too much.[/QUOTE]

LEGO minifigures now are like $3 each, which is crazy. I can get 4 Star Wars minifigures for $11 or 4 Impulse set minifigures for $14? Doesn't make sense.

Impulse sets should come in bags because I think the boxes are increasing the sets bu 50 cents. Or better yet, just stop making Impulse sets. The only places that has them are TRU, or the LEGO Stores, the whole series is a complete failure. Just release an Atlantis "Battle Pack" and a City Collection set for $11.

[quote name='Tybee']I think you're overthinking it. Kids WON'T buy 12 packages to complete a minifig (though crazed adults like ourselves might). Kids will buy 2 or 3 packs and their friends will each buy 2 or 3 and they will trade pieces. Lego is trying to establish a baseball/Magic the Gathering card dynamic, i.e., collectible, tradeable series of Lego minifigs. You wouldn't expect a pack of baseball cards to articulate which cards it contains, would you? Thus, these random packs of parts are by design. They want to encourage trading.

Sure, it might suck if you're just interested in one or two figs, but if you want a whole set (as I do), it's kind of fun.[/QUOTE]
Of course kids won't buy that much, BUT their parents will. By making the comparison to cards then that justifies why these minifig sets will sell well. Just look at yugioh or pokemon or any of those other card sets out there. Those things are hot cakes and kids are always wanting to get more characters. Do any of you remember garbage pail kids cards? You always wanted to find the twin or the 'rare' and you kept on buying more packs or even a box and it wasn't because of the gum.

If the MSRP is set at $3 - $5. I believe it will do well, but again that is totally dependent by demographics as well. Where I'm from (Bay Area, CA) the majority of parents will pay that price per minifig as far as the trends I have been observing at LEGO stores and flea markets that have vendors who sell minifigs. Obviously, this pricing scheme will not fit everyone's budget, but that's life. No one is forcing you to buy these minifig packs.

Overall, I think it'll be fun if they made the bags all mixed up.

I picked up the Cruncher Block set...I'm one of the few people who thought Speed Racer was an awesome movie.

I never got any of the SR sets when they came out as I wasn't in to Legos then. That said, I hope tomorrow's set is going to be the Grand Prix set...never bit on the $49.00 clearance price at my TRU, but I'd pick it up for sure at $30.00.

Scratch that, I 'd rather it be Temple of Doom for $50.00, but I think Grand Prix for $30.00 is more realistic.

[quote name='xycury']

$3 is too much... should be $2. This needs to be affordable, and getting $3 is way too much.[/QUOTE]

Have you guys bought a comic book lately? Or a pack of baseball cards or Pokemon cards? $3 ain't nothin'. $3 will barely get you a small, black coffee at Starbucks.

I'm thinking from the parent or kid perspective who only buys one or two of these packages, probably a pretty standard amount for the average consumer. I just don't think a kid or parent is going to be happy plunking down $6-$8 for two of these blind packages, then getting a couple of franken-figures for that price.

The baseball card analogy is already present even if they're complete minifigs. Kids aren't going to want certain minifigs, and they might want multiples of another kind. The blind packaging is the same for baseball cards. Kids get a David Ortiz card and trade it for a Derek Jeter. They don't get 1/4 of a David Ortiz card and try to trade for the other 3/4 of the card.

Listen, I'll fully admit that I may be wrong on this. These could very well be just random parts packages. However, my bet is that they won't be, because it just wouldn't make the most business sense for Lego. If these are complete figs, they'll still sell a lot (probably more) and kids will still trade them. But most importantly, the average consumer won't feel ripped off (although they probably should, considering the presumed price) by receiving a glorified parts bag.

[quote name='180husher']Have you guys bought a comic book lately? Or a pack of baseball cards or Pokemon cards? $3 ain't nothin'. $3 will barely get you a small, black coffee at Starbucks.[/QUOTE]

That's why I buy trade paperbacks/graphic novels and don't drink coffee. ;)

[quote name='180husher']Have you guys bought a comic book lately? Or a pack of baseball cards or Pokemon cards? $3 ain't nothin'. $3 will barely get you a small, black coffee at Starbucks.[/QUOTE]

Starbucks is shit water that people pay $6 for, fuck them.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm going to be feeling every package to make sure I get the right sets of legs for my mini figs ...[/QUOTE]

If you get the Cheerleaders legs i want them! :lol:

The main problem with the sets no matter how they do it is that they will most likely only be sold at TRU like the "Impulse" sets, which is incredibly lame and an instant failure. Nevermind the fact they will charge $8 a bag.

I just came back from TRU and they raised the prices on all the Toy Story sets. TRU regular price for Army Men set was $12.99 bumped up to $14.99. Buzz and Woody to the Rescue set was $22.99 and is now bumped up to $26.99. Not surprising.

Anyone know much about yugioh cards? PM me. I have questions. I need to get a Secret Santa gift for a nephew and all he wants is yugioh...

actually no... this past month and all of next month I don't have any loose change :lol:

I say a minifig is worth about $2... anything more, than it should be an impulse kit, about 10-15 more pieces either as scenery, or like a police dog, or robot dog.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Starbucks is shit water that people pay $6 for, fuck them.

If you get the Cheerleaders legs i want them! :lol:

The main problem with the sets no matter how they do it is that they will most likely only be sold at TRU like the "Impulse" sets, which is incredibly lame and an instant failure. Nevermind the fact they will charge $8 a bag.[/QUOTE]

And this is my biggest worry.

TRU will make them $8 and love it. It's not worth that much... and no other store will carry them.

If they don't branch out and allow Target to carry them... just as they carried the bag impulses for the holidays... then we're screwed.

I am just hoping that Shop @ Home has them and I can get a free shipping coupon. I'll buy up $25 worth and pray I get a good selection, then feel up bags at TRU... sounds dirty... for the parts I need.

At least the wife is wanting a few of them.

I wouldn't mind all of them but there are a few I wouldn't mind not having either....

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I just came back from TRU and they raised the prices on all the Toy Story sets. TRU regular price for Army Men set was $12.99 bumped up to $14.99. Buzz and Woody to the Rescue set was $22.99 and is now bumped up to $26.99. Not surprising.

Anyone know much about yugioh cards? PM me. I have questions. I need to get a Secret Santa gift for a nephew and all he wants is yugioh...[/QUOTE]

that blows... that army men set is NOT worth $15... I'll wait for Target to carry them or WM in like 4 months. fuck TRU.

[quote name='xycury']
that blows... that army men set is NOT worth $15... I'll wait for Target to carry them or WM in like 4 months. fuck TRU.[/QUOTE]

No no.... fuck TRU! :)

[quote name='BingoBrown']That's why I buy trade paperbacks/graphic novels and don't drink coffee. ;)[/QUOTE]

yeah...paperbacks novels rules
smile.gif

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I just came back from TRU and they raised the prices on all the Toy Story sets. TRU regular price for Army Men set was $12.99 bumped up to $14.99. Buzz and Woody to the Rescue set was $22.99 and is now bumped up to $26.99. Not surprising.

Anyone know much about yugioh cards? PM me. I have questions. I need to get a Secret Santa gift for a nephew and all he wants is yugioh...[/QUOTE]

I just came back from TRU and they raised the prices on EVERYTHING! Farm set is now $99.99...Giant SW cruiser now $129.99...Little crab Atlantis set now $10.99. They went fucking nuts.

On the other hand, one Target out of the three I visited today had some of the new sets out and at reasonable prices like $10.99 for the army men set.

[quote name='180husher']I just came back from TRU and they raised the prices on EVERYTHING! Farm set is now $99.99...Giant SW cruiser now $129.99...Little crab Atlantis set now $10.99. They went fucking nuts.

On the other hand, one Target out of the three I visited today had some of the new sets out and at reasonable prices like $10.99 for the army men set.[/QUOTE]

aww, that crab set is now $11? wtf.

I just can't see them lasting... if they don't have decent sales... they are done for... that and those 'limited' sets they get are the only thing saving them at this point.

I could see if they were the only one to carry, but two targets and ever WM has them at the proper price.

[quote name='xycury']aww, that crab set is now $11? wtf.

I just can't see them lasting... if they don't have decent sales... they are done for... that and those 'limited' sets they get are the only thing saving them at this point.

I could see if they were the only one to carry, but two targets and ever WM has them at the proper price.[/QUOTE]

They may not have decent sales for Legos (although they do have the B2G1), but they have great sales and bonuses for video games. According to a market analyst on this week's CAGcast, they're even more aggressive than Amazon when it comes to game deals.

Yeah, TRU makes no sense with their pricing. I thought they were finally learning their lesson by pricing the impulse sets at actual retail price, but apparently not.

I would have liked that one cutiepatootie, but for once my kids let me sleep in today and I missed it.

Anybody else getting snowed in? We currently have about 12 inches and the heavy snow isn't supposed to stop until tonight or tomorrow morning. Took me 2 hours to get home from work last night when it usually only takes 30 minutes...this is a bad storm.

[quote name='180husher']I would have liked that one cutiepatootie, but for once my kids let me sleep in today and I missed it.
[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad...that one went sooo quick. I was able to add it to my cart, but I forgot to log in first. Logged in, and then, it never went to my cart....was sold out instantly. Literally, like a second, and it was gone. Faster than the Indy sets. Oh well.

Anyways, we are driving to Legoland!! Son has been nagging us about legoland ever since he saw some pics in the lego mag. Does anyone have any ideas on the best admission tics? We have a buy one get child free coupon, a free kid's tic (from subscribing to lego mag)....and we (2 adults, 1 kid) want to stay there for about 3 days, so son can get it out of his system completely, and doesn't mention again for a looong time.

Also, going to make sure we take a route where we hit at least 1 lego outlet, if possible. :)

It won't snow there until tomorrow morning if it's only supposed to snow here into tomorrow morning. It's snow, you will live if you can't leave the house for a fucknig day.

I now have to go buy 100 gallons of extra gas and 15 gallons of milk. :lol:

[quote name='cutiepatootie']
Anyways, we are driving to Legoland!! Son has been nagging us about legoland ever since he saw some pics in the lego mag. Does anyone have any ideas on the best admission tics? We have a buy one get child free coupon, a free kid's tic (from subscribing to lego mag)....and we (2 adults, 1 kid) want to stay there for about 3 days, so son can get it out of his system completely, and doesn't mention again for a looong time.

Also, going to make sure we take a route where we hit at least 1 lego outlet, if possible. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is out in your parts but Oberwise by me have 50% off admission coupons for Legoland.

[quote name='Rhippo']I don't know if this is out in your parts but Oberwise by me have 50% off admission coupons for Legoland.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.. yah...I'm nowhere near Illinois (googled it, and came up with an ice cream store??). But maybe some other supermarkets will have coupons.....I'll have to start checking. Should have done this long ago. Sigh.

[quote name='Rhippo']I don't know if this is out in your parts but Oberwise by me have 50% off admission coupons for Legoland.[/QUOTE]

And don't free kid admissions to Legoland come with a Brickmaster subscription? Might be worth ordering a subscription just for that discount.

So, I know there are those who don't care about Fred Meyer deals, but today only they have crazy good prices on the 2010 LEGOs. So right now LEGOs are 20% off. This stacks with a 10% off home coupon as well as with a $10 off $50/20 off 100/30 off 150 coupon. I picked up Woody's Roundup 7594 with Woody and Buzz to the Rescue 7590 for a total of $40+tax (regular prices 49.99 and 19.99 respectively). I also was able to get a bunch of Army Men, Rebel Trooper and Snowtrooper Battle packs for about $6.50 a piece (these were all regulalry priced 10.99). The 2010 sets were just being put out when I arrived and I got lucky to get all I got. When I went back a couple of hours later all the Toy Story stuff was gone, so good luck to those who go out looking. Still can't get over it, one of the best nonclearance LEGO deals I have ever gotten.
EDIT: actually looking at the receipt that I got the Roundup and Woody and Buzz it looks like I got them for a total of $30, the coupon worked incorrectly and because I bought $50 worth of toys and $50 worth of groceries it worked as though I bought $100 worth of toys. Sweet, sweet deal if you ask me.

[quote name='ackbar7']So, I know there are those who don't care about Fred Meyer deals...[/QUOTE]

Damn, you are lucky. I could ask my mom to go for me, but she might get confused.... :(

Saw a picture of the snow...so pretty....you are lucky husher. I would want snow here too, but not now, since we want to camp along our drive to legoland. :)

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Damn, you are lucky. I could ask my mom to go for me, but she might get confused.... :(

Saw a picture of the snow...so pretty....you are lucky husher. I would want snow here too, but not now, since we want to camp along our drive to legoland. :)[/QUOTE]

23 inches so far, still hasn't stopped.

Kids playing 11 am this morning. My son couldn't even walk in the stuff...he had to wait for his sister make tracks so he could walk in them.

DSC01393.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOOOW!!!!! It's a kid's dream come true....snow + so close to Christmas, it might stay. Look's like so much fun...my son would have looooved it!!!!

You must live in the mountains.

We went from nothing to 2-4 to 10+ since Wednesday. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches an hour between 11pm and 8am.

It still hasn't started. Damn idiots. :lol:

Weather like that is why I live in the Pacific NW. We just get lot of rain, maybe a couple of days of snow. 10+ inches I'll do without, thanks.

Still researching ticket prices...look at this:

Our Ambassador Memberships continue to be our most exclusive Pass. A whole lifetime of LEGOLAND for just $2000 per Member.

Can you imagine spending 2000.00 on a ticket????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='ackbar7']So, I know there are those who don't care about Fred Meyer deals, but today only they have crazy good prices on the 2010 LEGOs. So right now LEGOs are 20% off. This stacks with a 10% off home coupon as well as with a $10 off $50/20 off 100/30 off 150 coupon. I picked up Woody's Roundup 7594 with Woody and Buzz to the Rescue 7590 for a total of $40+tax (regular prices 49.99 and 19.99 respectively). I also was able to get a bunch of Army Men, Rebel Trooper and Snowtrooper Battle packs for about $6.50 a piece (these were all regulalry priced 10.99). The 2010 sets were just being put out when I arrived and I got lucky to get all I got. When I went back a couple of hours later all the Toy Story stuff was gone, so good luck to those who go out looking. Still can't get over it, one of the best nonclearance LEGO deals I have ever gotten.
EDIT: actually looking at the receipt that I got the Roundup and Woody and Buzz it looks like I got them for a total of $30, the coupon worked incorrectly and because I bought $50 worth of toys and $50 worth of groceries it worked as though I bought $100 worth of toys. Sweet, sweet deal if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Did they have the Imperial Flagship 10210?

[quote name='DillDough']Did they have the Imperial Flagship 10210?[/QUOTE]
I wish. Prices top out at 99.99 I think, they had Battle of Endor, which I thought long and hard about, but I just can't justify another expensive set like that. I did go back and pick up Echo Base 7749. This set is super lame for a 24.99 set, but at ~14.50 it seemed more justifiable. On this trip it looked like someone had literally torn apart the LEGO section looking for all the new Star Wars stuff, there was none of it left.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Still researching ticket prices...look at this:

Our Ambassador Memberships continue to be our most exclusive Pass. A whole lifetime of LEGOLAND for just $2000 per Member.

Can you imagine spending 2000.00 on a ticket????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Well I just spoke to the wife, she could justify DisneyWorld but not Legoland.... We're heading back in Oct, this will be our 5th.

[quote name='DillDough']Did they have the Imperial Flagship 10210?[/QUOTE]

:lol: I really don't think you'll see that anywhere... maybe online at TRU for like a month.

I'm going to have to save up... see where I can get a chance to buy it.

oh side note....

CITY sets are 25% off at TRU.... maybe they have the new city sets? don't know but not worth my time... don't like city.

[quote name='xycury']Well I just spoke to the wife, she could justify DisneyWorld but not Legoland.... We're heading back in Oct, this will be our 5th.

:lol: I really don't think you'll see that anywhere... maybe online at TRU for like a month.

I'm going to have to save up... see where I can get a chance to buy it.

oh side note....

CITY sets are 25% off at TRU.... maybe they have the new city sets? don't know but not worth my time... don't like city.[/QUOTE]

25% off but the prices are already jacked up 20+% on most sets. So you end up paying msrp instead of tru's crazy inflated prices. Don't bother in my opinion.

[quote name='pogamoggan']25% off but the prices are already jacked up 20+% on most sets. So you end up paying msrp instead of tru's crazy inflated prices. Don't bother in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Usually the "Limited Edition" set of City's are usually MSRP at TRU... so it might be worth it for that, but I think most of the "LE" sets are not worth it.

I bought the Pirates one, totally worth it, but the Space Police one? maybe ok.... but Power Miners? No. I don't know about City stuff... maybe the Delivery Plane that's yellow to match the truck would be nice if cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back