LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Agents Robo Attack.

Santa gave me the Medieval Market to share with the wife.

I got her the Family home at half off (Amazon LD), and the Pink brick box (AOL 50% Target link post back above).

And we went today to Farm and Fleet, they are a local chain of Farm crap, but they have a "Toy Land" they do every christmas... well they had 25% off toys and they actually had the Galactic Enforcer... it was marked 87.49 [ALL legos were like below MSRP to begin with] but with the discount since it was after xmas, I got it for 69 out the door. Cheaper than I the Bounty I picked up at TRU when they had that sale going on.

Overall, saved 30%.

They only had one other set... the IJ Temple of Doom and that would have been a tad less. I don't like IJ and I really didn't want it. I tried to convince the wife but she didn't have any money left after some post holiday discount shopping.

I'm going to have to look at the other local F&F and see what they have left.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Well good for you on the Cafe Corner, but The free PAB box was given to anyone who made a $75 purchase at the LEGO store for the months of November and December while supplies last. The VIP memberships were free and anyone can join.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I suspected it was a bonus they were giving everyone, but still a nice little addition to an already cool gift. Also, she found out we can each get VIP cards linked to the same account, so when she buys me LEGO gifts in the future, we'll share the benefits. I wasn't even aware of the VIP program.

I was at Wally World this morning and saw some Toy Story sets on the shelf. I tried scanning in the RC set, but it wouldn't pull up a price. I wanted to ask a clerk, but I needed parts to fix our toilet, and had to get out of there fast. I'll try again later...

[quote name='Tybee'] I wasn't even aware of the VIP program.[/QUOTE]

Neither was LEGO. :lol:

It "launched" back in September or October but they had so many issues with it that it wasn't really up until last month.

My first Emerald Night (ordered Dec 7th,) well technically second as I sold the first one, arrived on the 24th. Took over 5 hours to build, but damn does it look amazing. Still waiting for the other one to ship out.

I just came back from Target that had all their older LEGOs discounted at least 30%. I ended up getting some Power Miners sets for 30% off and some Star Wars impulse sets for 50% off in the seasonal section. Also picked up Temple of Doom at 50%.

I also saw all the Toy Story, Star Wars and City sets at MSRP. I couldn't resist picking up the Snow Trooper battle pack!

[quote name='JAYMATIK'] Also picked up Temple of Doom at 50%.[/QUOTE]

Damn, now I have to go look for that.

Walmart started some Lego clearance today. Mostly power miners stuff like the crystal sweeper for $35 and that small robo-suit one for $4...so most of it was 50% off. Like Target though, not much left after xmas.

I haven't seen the holiday mini LEGO Star Wars sets in stock for weeks, but I guess one TIE fighter got lost with the other mini presents until today. I was able to get it for 50% off for $2.

Funny, my Walmart had Space Police and Power Miners, but no clearance tags on them. I wish I had had the time to scan them...

[quote name='gunm']Funny, my Walmart had Space Police and Power Miners, but no clearance tags on them. I wish I had had the time to scan them...[/QUOTE]

I remember last year that most of the Walmart clearance Legos weren't marked.

My Target had almost no legos on the shelf. Most of the old sets were priced at only 30% off. No temple of Doom but I scanned the price tag and it was on sale....might head to another Target to check.

I checked online to see which stores might have the Temple of Doom set and there wasn't a single one within 100 miles...good luck. The three stores I went to today had maybe 10 sets total and they were mostly small power miners sets. Noticed that the Titanium Command Rig was on clearance at Walmart also.

My mom was at K-Mart and got the Bulldozer for $24. She said when she scanned it the name came up Helicopter Transport. :lol:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I remember last year that most of the Walmart clearance Legos weren't marked.[/QUOTE]

Sonnuva...maybe I'll run to the store today and check it out...

[quote name='bigdaddy']My mom was at K-Mart and got the Bulldozer for $24. She said when she scanned it the name came up Helicopter Transport. :lol:[/QUOTE]

that's how i got mine ;)

I'll have to check out WM tomorrow... see if anything is left.

I managed to find an unmarked $19 City Bulldozer at Walmart today. At less than half price, it didn't take me long to decide to get it...

Walmart had put a bunch of Lego sets on clearance this past summer that vanished within a week...well they all showed back up yesterday! Cranes, bulldozers, agents speedboat, Ahsoka's starfighter. I thought I was going to score big time if the had marked them down in the system while they were stuck in the back but I was wrong. They were the same price as when they left...the crane was still regular price but just had one of those red stickers on it.

Sometime in the past 24 hours shop@home loaded a lot of sale sets, as well as some new 2010 sets. Most of the good ones are already sold out - now I am jealous of those of you with a lego store within driving distance.

Holy crap...there are 190 items in the deals section of S@H. Like postureking said, most are sold out, and it looks like most everything was 25% off. The passenger train set "Santa" got for my son this christmas is on there.:bomb::bomb::bomb: The creator house my daughter wants.:bomb::bomb::bomb: Cafe Corner.:bomb::bomb::bomb: They even have some of the newer sets that came out this summer. I checked the site yesterday around 3 pm eastern and none of this stuff was on there.

By the way, my son (and daughter surprisingly) love the passenger train set they got for christmas. Well worth the money for this set.

[quote name='180husher']I checked online to see which stores might have the Temple of Doom set and there wasn't a single one within 100 miles...good luck. The three stores I went to today had maybe 10 sets total and they were mostly small power miners sets. Noticed that the Titanium Command Rig was on clearance at Walmart also.[/QUOTE]

I can't find the set online (to check for local availablity)...anyone have the DPCI for this set?

[quote name='180husher']Holy crap...there are 190 items in the deals section of S@H. Like postureking said, most are sold out, and it looks like most everything was 25% off. The passenger train set "Santa" got for my son this christmas is on there.:bomb::bomb::bomb: The creator house my daughter wants.:bomb::bomb::bomb: Cafe Corner.:bomb::bomb::bomb: They even have some of the newer sets that came out this summer. I checked the site yesterday around 3 pm eastern and none of this stuff was on there.

By the way, my son (and daughter surprisingly) love the passenger train set they got for christmas. Well worth the money for this set.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know how all the sets sold out so quickly. I would have loved getting in on the train set or a cafe corner, or even Town Plan. Oh well.

[quote name='180husher']I thought I was going to score big time if the had marked them down in the system while they were stuck in the back but I was wrong. They were the same price as when they left...the crane was still regular price but just had one of those red stickers on it.[/QUOTE]

I love when Walmart does that. They had a $20 Batman set on sale for $20.

I'm very very upset by all of you who didn't say anythnig about the MASSIVE sale on LEGo.com sooner. :lol:

That is what they should have done on Black Friday! I would have liked the Tower Raide, the Wagon, the Train and cool Santa. :)

Oh well..

[quote name='bigdaddy']I love when Walmart does that. They had a $20 Batman set on sale for $20.

I'm very very upset by all of you who didn't say anythnig about the MASSIVE sale on LEGo.com sooner. :lol:

That is what they should have done on Black Friday![/QUOTE]

WM needs to stop putting things on "sale".. .the red sticker means nothing!

yeah not much of a sale, especially with shipping... they need to go at least 40% to think about it.

I agree with Big, that they should have done that on Black Friday....what a crock.

Yeah I was adding the Truck and Forklift and the $10 Power Miner set into my cart. After shipping I would save $2! I really do like those sets but sheesh. I'll probably buy the truck and some PaB.

The point is LEGO advertised a 'sale" on Black Friday and none of the shit on sale contained a brick!

[quote name='bigdaddy']
The point is LEGO advertised a 'sale" on Black Friday and none of the shit on sale contained a brick![/QUOTE]

:lol:

Now its about 90 deals, the sold out stuff just vanished.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postureking']I would like to know how all the sets sold out so quickly. I would have loved getting in on the train set or a cafe corner, or even Town Plan. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone ever see any of that stuff in stock on sale? I'm wondering if Lego didn't change prices for items that haven't been in stock for a while. I'm pretty sure Cafe Corner went OOS several weeks ago. I know the Dwarves' Mine and Dwarf Battle Pack have been OOS since Black Friday, because I've been wanting to order those, but haven't been able to. Ugh, Lego.com, you big tease.

Yeah it seems LEGO might have added things to the sales area when they were OOS to begin with so websites would talk about it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah it seems LEGO might have added things to the sales area when they were OOS to begin with so websites would talk about it.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they didn't do an email ... saying something like up to 125+ sets going on sale.... :applause:

I did pick up two sets, I can't find anywhere, and it ended up being about $9 cheaper after shipping.

Thank god no tax :cry:

[quote name='xycury']

Thank god no tax :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'll give you the three LEGO Stores Mass has and you give me the no tax. :lol:

Code BSCV29 still seems to work @ lego store--I guess this was supposed to take $5 off $35 or something to that effect, but when I used it, it took 20% off each item in my cart. I probably shouldn't have ordered online since shipping cost to where I live is kind of a bitch, but oh wells.

I just came back from the LEGO store and from what I noticed most if not all Agents and Power Miners were 25% off. I also noticed a good amount that's on S@H sales page were also on clearance. I grabbed a couple SW Separatist Spider Droids #7681 for $22.

[quote name='gunm']Code BSCV29 still seems to work @ lego store--I guess this was supposed to take $5 off $35 or something to that effect, but when I used it, it took 20% off each item in my cart. I probably shouldn't have ordered online since shipping cost to where I live is kind of a bitch, but oh wells.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the code. Grabbed the Train Station (7997,) also on sale, and the track pack (7896) to display with my Emerald Night. Ran me $45 for both which is as much as the Train Station normally goes for alone alone.

Well went to WM... it was a disaster, not much there.

I did manage to snag the last two Agents Robo Attack for $24 each... take back the one from Target for full price... and end up saving a couple of bucks.

They had the small mech in Power miners, picked up two... and they had plenty of the two smaller Agents sets, Boat and bike. I picked up the bikes, might go back for the boat since I haven't got that one yet.

From City... really wiped out... all that was left was the red car, and plenty of it but for $7, not much worth it. If it was $6 I might have picked up one.

They had the Titanium Rig for 54, the Temple of Doom for 54, Crystal sweeper for 35.

I was hoping for maybe the Galactic Enforcer, but no such luck.

Bionicle was all on clearence except for maybe the newest 6 legged large set.

They had just a few buckets left. Overall it was a mess and nothing hardly was left.

I went to WM yesterday and a lot of stuff was gone. The Price Check kiosk wouldn't scan a lot of stuff, and the stuff I did check (like City) was still regular price. I didn't feel like bringing a stack of boxes up to the associate just to run through the register at the time, but today I need to go back today for some unforseen groceries, so I'll try again.

[quote name='180husher']That's twice the number of sets than my Walmart has.[/QUOTE]

Oh noes! Now how are you going to fuck over stores when there are no sets at all! :lol:

For the record I'm fine if you fuck over Walmart. :)

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Has anyone seen set #8092 Luke's Landspeeder? I'm itching for that set...[/QUOTE]

I bought one this past Saturday at Walmart, I believe there exclusive to Walmart only.

[quote name='skiizim']I bought one this past Saturday at Walmart, I believe there exclusive to Walmart only.[/QUOTE]

Big Daddy the English teacher....

I believe THEY ARE exclusive to Walmart. :lol:

Went to the Lego store today and they had a lot of the stuff from the deals page of the site for the same prices...if they had them in stock. Strange thing was all the Indiana Jones sets were gone. Wonder if there was fire sale I missed or they got shipped off somewhere. Now I have to find a cheap IJ Temple of Doom before THEY ARE all gone. The store had mostly big sets leftover like Town Plan and the Cargo Train set. I think if that Cargo train is there next time I might have to get it as nobody else sells the train stuff. (Maybe TRU once in a while.)

My kids also entered a Lego store contest where they made a monthly mini-build, they didn't win, but Lego sent them both a letter that entitles them to a free small PAB cup at any Lego store. I thought that was very cool of Lego as it really made my kids' day.

[quote name='180husher']I like the jester and wizard impulse sets.

Prince of Persia sets = yawn[/QUOTE]
I'm actually really liking the Kingdoms sets. Seems a throw back to when I was a kid. I am going to agree though, those 2 impulse sets are really great and those are must have figs if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back