LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='illennium']30% off list price on one item at bn.com. Works on LEGO. Free express shipping for members.

Y3V4U3X[/QUOTE]

nice, there are a few marked down items... like the Fight for the Dagger.

grab that for 18 free shipping, but Tax might bump that back over 20...

My TRU (Orem UT) put the bags out this morning. Put them on the impulse hooks, two boxes worth. I was there at opening. Another guy was there with a SMALL printout of the bar codes. It was unusable for him, if you go, make sure you have a LARGE print of the codes. I gave the guy my printout when I left. Even with the barcodes, it can still be tricky. I doubled four on accident (meaning I had to go back for the four I missed: Caveman, Robin Hood, Magician and Nurse.) So double check those codes. When I returned for the four, there were maybe eight bags left. Looks like there's a few hour window to get these things.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If LEGO keeps the supply low, things will get ugly. But I got my complete 16!

[quote name='bigdaddy']OK... what is this...

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=ann2011-1[/QUOTE]

Another "We're going to focus on Blocks" kinda hipocrisy.

This awesome LEGO Official Annual is packed with puzzles, comics and games, and there are also 14 brilliant LEGO bricks to use in the activities!

Whether you love LEGO City, Atlantis, Power Miners or Hero Factory - this annual has it all! The perfect Christmas present or stocking filler for any LEGO fan.

[quote name='cassidyarch']My TRU (Orem UT) put the bags out this morning. Put them on the impulse hooks, two boxes worth. I was there at opening. Another guy was there with a SMALL printout of the bar codes. It was unusable for him, if you go, make sure you have a LARGE print of the codes. I gave the guy my printout when I left. Even with the barcodes, it can still be tricky. I doubled four on accident (meaning I had to go back for the four I missed: Caveman, Robin Hood, Magician and Nurse.) So double check those codes. When I returned for the four, there were maybe eight bags left. Looks like there's a few hour window to get these things.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If LEGO keeps the supply low, things will get ugly. But I got my complete 16![/QUOTE]

Which printout did you take?

And yeah, if it's a low count... I'm going to be mad :mad:

I think supply will be really low, mostly because the LEGO store will be limiting these and the guy I spoke with said they won't be out very long ... time to hustle if you're planning on tracking these down in store I guess

I took the large Brickset printout (in the Series 1 comments section, a Flickr file at full size)--a laser print. You have to be able to see the difference between the thick line and a tight double line. With a printout, it only takes maybe 8-10 minutes to find a complete set in store. I did two trips to complete my set (no limit at my TRU.) Both times, I ended up giving my code key away to VERY interested onlookers.

Looks like the box came and went at the store I found them at ... and most of the others haven't received their boxes yet, as a stock check of all local stores showed nothing with the item code. Perhaps some stores will receive their shipments tomorrow?

The market would take every box of these LEGO shipped. Seriously, they should flood the market with them. The biggest buyer I saw was not a collector or an eBay flipper, but a soccer mom buying them as party favors for her kid's party. Had at least 30 in her cart. C'mon LEGO, we'll take all you can manufacture. If these were a permanent fixture at checkout lines, I'd pick up a pack with every purchase. Please, LEGO, take my money.

I struck out at the first TRU I went to but lucked out at another, ended up with a whole set. =) I didn't have a print out sheet on me so I had to painstakingly do it one by one. What I had noticed (might make it easier for some of you) The last few bars on the barcode are either || or ||| and each one has 8.

Skater, Cheerleader, Ninja, Spaceman, Cowboy, Tribal Hunter, Wrestler, & Magician all have || at the end.

Deep Sea Diver, Robot, Forestman, Zombie, Crash Dummy, Clown, (The last 2 are tricky they look like || but are separated by a small gap) Nurse, & Caveman all have ||| at the end. This should make it easier if your only looking for particular ones with having to look at all of them, at least breaks down the search from 16 to 8 when broken down.

While I was at TRU they had a lot of the new summer sets Kingdoms, Atlantis, City, World Racers (really cool reminds me of a legofied version of Mad Max), and Duplo Cars. I bought a few of the Kingdoms Outpost Attack 7948 and Prison Rescue Carriage 7949.

[quote name='dansoccerball']Anyone try to get whole
box
for 1.99?[/QUOTE]

lol... I thought about it but I didn't want to look like an ass trying to buy the whole box and not get away with it. I don't really want duplicates of all of them just certain ones.

I forgot to mention, those of you with droid phones. The associate that I was talking to I had him scan some of the packages to see the 4 digit number that prim was talking about. I don't know what prim did or what scanner he used but it didn't work. So he used his cellphone with some barcode app and when it scanned it showed the numbers indicating which one was which.

Got quite a few minifigs today. The quality is pretty good, I think, though it kinda sucks that the cheerleader's leg print isn't continued on the back. Now I just have to wait for EE to ship out my full box and I'll be able to finish off my collection, plus a lot of extras for trades and such in the future.

[quote name='cassidyarch']The market would take every box of these LEGO shipped. Seriously, they should flood the market with them. The biggest buyer I saw was not a collector or an eBay flipper, but a soccer mom buying them as party favors for her kid's party. Had at least 30 in her cart. C'mon LEGO, we'll take all you can manufacture. If these were a permanent fixture at checkout lines, I'd pick up a pack with every purchase. Please, LEGO, take my money.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong Eric), when Mads Nipper was at the Bricks by the Bay convention and talked about the 'collectable minifigs', he did mention there was a limited production run and that they've already produced that number - I wish I remembered the number. I also talked to the store manger at my local LEGO store and he was firm on the fact that they will not be getting massive amounts.

Mads also noted that the plan is to release 2 series per year and that no minifig will significantly be more rare than the other.

[quote name='skiizim']lol... I thought about it but I didn't want to look like an ass trying to buy the whole box and not get away with it. I don't really want duplicates of all of them just certain ones.

I forgot to mention, those of you with droid phones. The associate that I was talking to I had him scan some of the packages to see the 4 digit number that prim was talking about. I don't know what prim did or what scanner he used but it didn't work. So he used his cellphone with some barcode app and when it scanned it showed the numbers indicating which one was which.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it only worked on one of the applications. The number shows up for about 4 seconds and disappears.

I think it's really stupid. LEGO should send these out to every store possible. With two a year they should be out for 6 months each, not 6 weeks.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']If I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong Eric), when Mads Nipper was at the Bricks by the Bay convention and talked about the 'collectable minifigs', he did mention there was a limited production run and that they've already produced that number - I wish I remembered the number. I also talked to the store manger at my local LEGO store and he was firm on the fact that they will not be getting massive amounts.

Mads also noted that the plan is to release 2 series per year and that no minifig will significantly be more rare than the other.[/QUOTE]

And because of that I went ahead and pre-ordered a case through Entertainment Earth. As I approach my autumn years I am finding I just don't have the stomach for "the chase."

My brother works at a Lego store, and the number of calls they get daily from people wanting to buy cases just increases my anxiety for easily finding these without stalking stores. The easy-to-filter bar codes don't help. :) At least with regular sets you know you'll have at least a year to find them.

I'll still look for the minifigs in stores, but as long as EE comes through I'll be happy with whatever I get.

[quote name='salty tbone']And because of that I went ahead and pre-ordered a case through Entertainment Earth. As I approach my autumn years I am finding I just don't have the stomach for "the chase."

My brother works at a Lego store, and the number of calls they get daily from people wanting to buy cases just increases my anxiety for easily finding these without stalking stores. The easy-to-filter bar codes don't help. :) At least with regular sets you know you'll have at least a year to find them.

I'll still look for the minifigs in stores, but as long as EE comes through I'll be happy with whatever I get.[/QUOTE]
This.
I am hoping to find a few more zombies in store, and might just grab a few random ones for fun. But I wanted to make sure I got them all, and EE seemed preferable to the hunt in this situation.

Still haven't found the figs at my local TRU's, Though, in my wanderings today, I managed to find 7744 (Police Headquarters) at a goodwill for $25. The box was thrashed, but it was still sealed and complete.

As I went to TRU, though, I got there, took 2 steps out of my car, and realized that I had left them on the car seat.

Called the wife, and had to wait 45 minutes, but they didn't have the minifigs yet

:(

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']Still haven't found the figs at my local TRU's, Though, in my wanderings today, I managed to find 7744 (Police Headquarters) at a goodwill for $25. The box was thrashed, but it was still sealed and complete.

As I went to TRU, though, I got there, took 2 steps out of my car, and realized that I had left them on the car seat.

Called the wife, and had to wait 45 minutes, but they didn't have the minifigs yet

:([/QUOTE]
Which TRU did you go to? I went to Southcenter and there were none there. Might get to Northgate tomorrow and was wondering if it was worth the look.

[quote name='ackbar7']This.
I am hoping to find a few more zombies in store, and might just grab a few random ones for fun. But I wanted to make sure I got them all, and EE seemed preferable to the hunt in this situation.[/QUOTE]

I also took this approach.

Although my local TRU had a bunch, I skipped them all.

:(

I'm going to have to really jump on TRU if and when they get some in.

I think this whole limited print thing is really stupid.

I shouldn't have to go to scalpers because of the horders because there is only a small amount.

[quote name='xycury']:(

I'm going to have to really jump on TRU if and when they get some in.

I think this whole limited print thing is really stupid.

I shouldn't have to go to scalpers because of the horders because there is only a small amount.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Scarcity and LEGO are a bad mix. I've always enjoyed the fact that if I wanted a current LEGO set, the only barrier was cost. This chasing around is nonsense.

[quote name='ackbar7']Which TRU did you go to? I went to Southcenter and there were none there. Might get to Northgate tomorrow and was wondering if it was worth the look.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Everett one (Which was where I locked my keys in the car) I made it to Alderwood Wednesday,still haven't found them. Though, if you spot them, let me know! I'm dying to get a hold of them, my wife thinks it's creepy obsessive (and really, it is).

I'll be trying to make it down to northgate this weekend

[quote name='elsnerma']My main concern at this point is whether entertainment earth will really get in enough to fulfill all their preorders.[/QUOTE]
If their preordering system holds true to how all of their other items presell, then the amount available to order will decline as orders come in.

EE, just like TRU and other retailers who have the option to buy these, have buyers who make an order for these as soon as they become available. In this case, that was several months ago. Unlike TRU who has several hundred stores across the country to spread out the cases EE just has one distribution to account for what they've ordered.

One thing to consider. I have seen preorders on EE sell out so jump on it if you've been contemplating on a box. My account rep emailed me last week asking if I wanted to ordre more because the minifigs have skyrocketed as their best selling product as far as preorders go.

:( - I wish I could just buy the ones I want at price. I don't want to buy a box and have 20 figures I don't want.

in other news...

Target: Lego Sets Atlantis Typhoon Turbo Sub, City Fire Truck or Star Wars Echo Base $15

Plus the $3 coupon on 3 different sets @ Target.com

[quote name='xycury']in other news...

Target: Lego Sets Atlantis Typhoon Turbo Sub, City Fire Truck or Star Wars Echo Base $15

Plus the $3 coupon on 3 different sets @ Target.com[/QUOTE]

Are they on sale now or going on sale?

[quote name='JAYMATIK']If their preordering system holds true to how all of their other items presell, then the amount available to order will decline as orders come in.

EE, just like TRU and other retailers who have the option to buy these, have buyers who make an order for these as soon as they become available. In this case, that was several months ago. Unlike TRU who has several hundred stores across the country to spread out the cases EE just has one distribution to account for what they've ordered.

One thing to consider. I have seen preorders on EE sell out so jump on it if you've been contemplating on a box. My account rep emailed me last week asking if I wanted to ordre more because the minifigs have skyrocketed as their best selling product as far as preorders go.[/QUOTE]

Well that's good to hear. I preordered on 4/12, early on, so hopefully I'm good. If my local store still has them after work today, I'll still probably get the last 6 I don't have, just to be extra-safe.

[quote name='xycury']Sale starts Sunday, the coupon can be used till 6/17[/QUOTE]

isn't that coupon good on different sets now?? like prince of persia ostrich race?

[quote name='dansoccerball']isn't that coupon good on different sets now?? like prince of persia ostrich race?[/QUOTE]

Ostrich race, Fire Truck, and Duplo Toy Story 3 set.

[quote name='bigdaddy']$12 for that awesome fire truck is a steal. If you don't have it yet you need to buy it right now.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I am going to pick that up hopefully when the sale starts. Sale doesn't start till Sunday and looks like they already removed the coupon on Target.com. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at another TRU today and they had out 2 boxes of the minifigs...one opened for display and the other was closed/sealed. I forgot to mention when I bought my box the other day all three boxes were opened for display with all the packs out in the open. I could see someone else getting lucky bringing up a sealed box as long as the cashier was oblivious.

I did use the barcode sheet to snatch a couple extra cheerleaders and nurses for my daughter's sleepover tonite. Thanks for those barcode sheets again.

The cool part of the trip was that a worker saw me in the Lego section and told me she had a couple of damaged boxes I could have at discount...got World Racers #8899 Gator Swamp for $17.90 instead of $37.99. Don't know that I would have bought it otherwise, but that was too good a deal to pass up.

Seems like most, if not all, of the stores around me have put out the minifigs this week so keep checking your stores.

[quote name='xycury']Agreed, I am going to pick that up hopefully when the sale starts. Sale doesn't start till Sunday and looks like they already removed the coupon on Target.com. :([/QUOTE]

Coupon is still there, but I think it limits how many you can print off.

Found the minifigures today and didn't use a cheat sheet, but tried to get different ones at least. Got a diver, magician and crash dummy. Nuts to this, I'm cheating next time. :D

[quote name='180husher']Coupon is still there, but I think it limits how many you can print off.[/QUOTE]
Just photocopy the one you printed. I put white out on the part where it shows the sets and I photocopied a bunch of them at work. Worked on other LEGO sets for me.

[quote name='180husher']Coupon is still there, but I think it limits how many you can print off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's it... since I had printed it already.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Just photocopy the one you printed. I put white out on the part where it shows the sets and I photocopied a bunch of them at work. Worked on other LEGO sets for me.[/QUOTE]

Isn't coupon fraud a crime? :booty:

Yeah if it's like the other one, it'll beep, and for not nosey checkout people that don't read, they'll just allow it through.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Just photocopy the one you printed. I put white out on the part where it shows the sets and I photocopied a bunch of them at work. Worked on other LEGO sets for me.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is pretty illegal.

My wife is wandering around, and she checked the Everett TRU while she was out. They still don't have them :(

I'll be checking the Alderwood TRU in the next few days

Edit: Anyone else have any luck locating the other promo Atlantis sets? I heard a rumor from a LEGO store employee that the Octopus is the only one we'll see stateside. Here's to hoping he was wrong :)

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']My wife is wandering around, and she checked the Everett TRU while she was out. They still don't have them :(

Edit: Anyone else have any luck locating the other promo Atlantis sets? I heard a rumor from a LEGO store employee that the Octopus is the only one we'll see stateside. Here's to hoping he was wrong :)[/QUOTE]

I would kill someone to have the chance to pick up 2 more of each of the other sets...

KILL

:lol:

[quote name='xycury']I would kill someone to have the chance to pick up 2 more of each of the other sets...

KILL

:lol:[/QUOTE]

TBH, I just want the Piranha. The mini sub is neat, but not as neat as the other 2 :)

Man... I checked out the Scottsdale TRU, and came up with nothing. Lots of the new stuff like Kingdoms (Ok, but Fantasy Castle was way better), World Racers (Not my bag), and Toy Story 3 stuff, but no Minifigs.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']My wife is wandering around, and she checked the Everett TRU while she was out. They still don't have them :(

Edit: Anyone else have any luck locating the other promo Atlantis sets? I heard a rumor from a LEGO store employee that the Octopus is the only one we'll see stateside. Here's to hoping he was wrong :)[/QUOTE]
Nothing at Northgate either. Seems as though we in the Seattle area don't get these yet. I probably won't get the chance to check again until sometime next week. Hope I can find some then.

Haven't seen any here yet though I did order 2 boxes of 60 from BBTS. Was only going to order 1 but the 2 case set had this quote "This listing is for a sealed/unsearched master case - it will contain the factory original assortment of 120 figures. " while the single case....did not.

Looks like I have a zombie hunter in my area. Thought I had first dibs on a case, but no zombies. Got the others I was interested in after going back with the bar codes.

Cruel irony is that the crash test dummy bar code is very similar to the zombie's. Kept thinking I found one, but no. :bomb: I went through the packs three times just to be sure. I was surprised nobody came up to me and asked me what the hell I was doing.

Didn't dawn on me until later that the zombie is probably going to be the toughest to find because it's a natural "army builder." I'm loving all the figures, but most are too unique to demand multiples.

[quote name='crowbb']Haven't seen any here yet though I did order 2 boxes of 60 from BBTS. Was only going to order 1 but the 2 case set had this quote "This listing is for a sealed/unsearched master case - it will contain the factory original assortment of 120 figures. " while the single case....did not.[/QUOTE]

Years ago I used to work at a sleazy shop that sold baseball cards back when rare inserts became popular. I learned from my boss why to be suspicious about buying loose packs from a store. If there's a loophole, people will exploit it. (I say after I cherry picked a robot and cheerleader ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back