LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
^That's better than the stupid on line "sale" price.

Target's in Mass have had reduced their LEGO stock several years ago. I remember in 2004 and 2005 I found a few sets on sale, and I remember seeing others I didn't want. In the last 2-3 years I have seen one $12-413 Racer set for $9 and the $60 Fire Station for $43, which I bought.

Strange. Walmart.com has two Lego Store/S@H exclusives online:

Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker™ - $249.88 w/ Free Ship to Store

Medieval Market Village - $89.86 w/ Free Ship to Store

Now, the tax applicable to the Republic Dropship probably makes it roughly the same total price after paying for shipping on S@H, but it would definitely be a better option for those who have to pay shipping AND tax for S@H purchases.

The Medieval Market, however, is $10 cheaper for me than I could get it through S@H, even though I'm not taxed on S@H purchases. Even after using a $5 coupon, the best I'd be able to do for the MMV is $106 through S@H, but through Walmart.com my total came to just under $97. Furthermore, if I ever find the MMV for a lower price, I should be able to still do a return at Walmart (they only have a 90-day return policy, but I've returned things long after that period and gotten my money back).

There are some other Lego exclusives on their website as well, but these two were the most notable, in my opinion.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I can't get to S#H, anyone else having issues?[/QUOTE]

Looks likey they threw up last sets of indy and agents for cheap.

and seems like I can't combine the sale price with the 5 off... damn.

Bingo has a real great offer... getting it through WM... I might go for it.

I see that now. I did want some IJ sets, but I have been cutting back on my LEGO because I don't build as much anymore.

However I don't have any LEGI Nazis. :lol:

Figures...I go outta town for a day or two and a good IJ set (Peru) goes on clearance and sells out. And it will probably be regular price when I visit the store this coming Tues..

With a purchase of $75 or more

To celebrate summer and the LEGO® minifigure we’ve manufactured the first-ever Golden Minifigure Key Chain! The LEGO minifigure represents the world's largest population of people with over 4 billion minifigures produced in the last 30 years.

This offer is exclusive within LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO Brand Retail during the month of July or while supplies last. To qualify for this offer just spend $75 or more and we’ll send you the LEGO Golden Minifigure Key Chain for free. Just enter USGM when you checkout!

gah... $75.... crap.

I'd like to get it but all the silver/gold bricks rub off too much.

Anyone thing of applying a clear coat laquer to thise that they would be more resiliant to rub off?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Do people in California pay tax on orders from the Lego store?[/QUOTE]

If there's a Lego store in your state, you'll have to pay tax on orders from S@H. You've got six Lego stores in CA, so yeah, you'll be paying tax.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Why is the online Lego store abbreviated S@H?[/QUOTE]

Shop @(at) Home

kinda has been since the once labeled the online store that...

[quote name='180husher']Figures...I go outta town for a day or two and a good IJ set (Peru) goes on clearance and sells out.[/QUOTE]

What's worse, is that I DIDN'T go anywhere....I was on the computer, was GOING to check out the lego site, but didn't,....and I STILL missed out on the sale too....@#$@#$@!!!

My son has been staring at the new catalog all day....mainly at the IJ page. I'm amazed at how he can just stare at it for hours, go play, come back, stare at it again......

Anyways, if anyone is planning to buy some overpriced legos at TRU, there's a 5.00 off 25.00 coupon floating around here:
http://www.toys.com/2009/06/coupons-babiesrus-toysrus-july2.html

[quote name='cutiepatootie']What's worse, is that I DIDN'T go anywhere....I was on the computer, was GOING to check out the lego site, but didn't,....and I STILL missed out on the sale too....@#$@#$@!!!

My son has been staring at the new catalog all day....mainly at the IJ page. I'm amazed at how he can just stare at it for hours, go play, come back, stare at it again......

Anyways, if anyone is planning to buy some overpriced legos at TRU, there's a 5.00 off 25.00 coupon floating around here:
http://www.toys.com/2009/06/coupons-babiesrus-toysrus-july2.html[/QUOTE]

you mean the baby coupon? would they take it?

I would guess any normal store would exclude something like lego's as a baby purchase..... but if it works....

Oops...you're right. It does say baby. I guess I read the thread talking about toys, and assumed it was good on toys too. I guess ymmv. Dang. Sorry.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Do any stores still carry Skeleton Tower? What was its original MSRP?[/QUOTE]

That set has been long gone. I know because I looked for it for a couple of months before buying a sealed set, but with crushed box on ebay for $60.

The original MSRP was $50. I saw one set at KB Toys last year for $40 before I knew it was discontinued. I figured I'd wait for it to drop some more, but next time I went, it was gone.

Not sure if anyone post this but Fred Meyer in Washington is doing by 2 get 1 free on all non clearance sets including Star Wars. I picked up two republic attack shuttles and the ATT. I figure the sale runs till Saturday, they also V-19 on sale for $35.

[quote name='jlindsay26']Not sure if anyone post this but Fred Meyer in Washington is doing by 2 get 1 free on all non clearance sets including Star Wars. I picked up two republic attack shuttles and the ATT. I figure the sale runs till Saturday, they also V-19 on sale for $35.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes!!! Time to call the family! Thanks for letting us know. :)

[quote name='cutiepatootie']

My son has been staring at the new catalog all day....mainly at the IJ page. I'm amazed at how he can just stare at it for hours, go play, come back, stare at it again......http://[/QUOTE]

I know this is TMI, but it's my four year old son's only bathroom reading material...there is a catalog in every bathroom in the house. The new catalog is nice except there aren't very many new cheap sets. I think I'll leave my wallet at home when we visit the store.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Do any stores still carry Skeleton Tower? What was its original MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Cheapest price I've seen in a while on ebay. It looks complete from what I remember, but maybe somebody else can confirm:

link

[quote name='180husher']I know this is TMI, but it's my four year old son's only bathroom reading material...there is a catalog in every bathroom in the house. [/QUOTE]

LOL!!!! If we had it in the bathroom, my kid would never come out!

Btw, does anyone know how long an order stays in "In customer service" status for?? It's been like that for days...I was waiting for it to change to "shipped." Or does it not change like that, and just stay in that above status, til you receive the package??

S@H service has been shit since they switched a third company a few years back, it might have already have shipped and the computers didn't record it. I have gotten my LEGOs before I got an email saying they have shipped.

FYI, finally spotted Legos on clearance at Target. A measly 15% off, but it's a start. Only picked up two sets, #7038 Troll Assault Wagon and #7670 Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid. I was shocked that the Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid set was on clearance, because I'm pretty sure that was a new set back in January, and it's a great army builder for SW Lego fanatics.

Also of note on clearance: Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull, IJ Jungle Cutter, IJ Motorcycle Chase, IJ Temple Escape, SW Rogue Shadow, a few City construction sets, most City Coast Guard sets, and some Bionicle junk. I'm sure there was more I'm forgetting, but all this stuff will be very YMMV when it actually hits good clearance prices, because quantities seem pretty low already at virtually all Target stores.

[quote name='BingoBrown']

Also of note on clearance: Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull, IJ Jungle Cutter, IJ Motorcycle Chase, IJ Temple Escape, SW Rogue Shadow, a few City construction sets, most City Coast Guard sets, and some Bionicle junk. I'm sure there was more I'm forgetting, but all this stuff will be very YMMV when it actually hits good clearance prices, because quantities seem pretty low already at virtually all Target stores.[/QUOTE]

The IJ 2008 and the Coast Guard sets are long gone in all Target sets I have seen, hell I haven't seen a Coast Guard set in like a year except at TRU.

[quote name='BingoBrown']FYI, finally spotted Legos on clearance at Target. A measly 15% off, but it's a start. Only picked up two sets, #7038 Troll Assault Wagon and #7670 Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid. I was shocked that the Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid set was on clearance, because I'm pretty sure that was a new set back in January, and it's a great army builder for SW Lego fanatics.

Also of note on clearance: Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull, IJ Jungle Cutter, IJ Motorcycle Chase, IJ Temple Escape, SW Rogue Shadow, a few City construction sets, most City Coast Guard sets, and some Bionicle junk. I'm sure there was more I'm forgetting, but all this stuff will be very YMMV when it actually hits good clearance prices, because quantities seem pretty low already at virtually all Target stores.[/QUOTE]

Are the Target clearance items marked as such?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Are the Target clearance items marked as such?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they should be marked. However, sometimes they'll miss an item or two, so it's always good to check with the price scanner.

Also, I've been to several Targets recently, and only one had Legos on clearance. The other stores will probably start marking them down in the next few weeks.

[quote name='BingoBrown']FYI, finally spotted Legos on clearance at Target. A measly 15% off, but it's a start. Only picked up two sets, #7038 Troll Assault Wagon and #7670 Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid. I was shocked that the Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid set was on clearance, because I'm pretty sure that was a new set back in January, and it's a great army builder for SW Lego fanatics.

Hot damn, I stopped at Target today before going to work to check for Lego clearance but I didn't see any pretty little red stickers. Toy clearance drops are usually Thursdays or Fridays. Are you sure they were 15% off and not 30%. Toy clearance should follow the 30 - 50 - 75% off schedule not the 15-30-50% off (which is used mostly for expensive electronics). I knew alot of those Indy sets would clearance, but I am surprised that the construction sets are too.

Here's my big tip for getting Target's cheapest (75% off usually) clearance price...buy now and return later. Buy any sets you may want now as long as its on clearance. (You can even buy them at another Target store.) The red clearance sticker has a DCPI # above the price...you can type this number into the price checkers at the store and it will give you the current price. If your store doesn't have the price scanners with number pads then you can print off the barcodes of the sets and scan the print out instead. Hold on to the sets until you see that the price has reached its lowest possible level (usually 6 weeks from first markdown to final markdown). Remove any clearance stickers from the boxes and return them at night before the store closes. The next morning they will restock the sets you returned, but now you can buy them at the much lower price. If you are lucky, they won't realize that the returned sets are supposed to be clearanced and restock them back to the Lego section without any red stickers on them for other people to notice. I usually buy two of each set I really want that way I don't risk losing them totally.

I know this sounds like alot of work, but if/when you score Lego sets for 75% off retail it will definitely feel worth it. As soon as I find Legos on clearance I'll start posting prices and DCPI #'s for the sets, and if you guys do the same, we should have a pretty good picture of what's what with the Target Lego clearance.

Think I might spend the 4th of July morning Target hopping!

Definitely 15% off, which, I agree, is a little strange.

#7038 Troll Assault Wagon - Was $19.79 - Now $16.82 - DCPI 204000812
#7670 Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid - Was $19.49 - Now $16.56 - DCPI 204000157

[quote name='BingoBrown']Definitely 15% off, which, I agree, is a little strange.

#7038 Troll Assault Wagon - Was $19.79 - Now $16.82 - DCPI 204000812
#7670 Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid - Was $19.49 - Now $16.56 - DCPI 204000157[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Means they probably will only drop to 50% off max. All other toys currently on clearance are starting at 30% off. Again, that sucks.

[quote name='180husher']

Here's my big tip for getting Target's cheapest (75% off usually) clearance price...buy now and return later. [/QUOTE]

Yes and most of us think that's wrong.

[quote name='180husher']Hot damn, I stopped at Target today before going to work to check for Lego clearance but I didn't see any pretty little red stickers. Toy clearance drops are usually Thursdays or Fridays. Are you sure they were 15% off and not 30%. Toy clearance should follow the 30 - 50 - 75% off schedule not the 15-30-50% off (which is used mostly for expensive electronics). I knew alot of those Indy sets would clearance, but I am surprised that the construction sets are too.

Here's my big tip for getting Target's cheapest (75% off usually) clearance price...buy now and return later. Buy any sets you may want now as long as its on clearance. (You can even buy them at another Target store.) The red clearance sticker has a DCPI # above the price...you can type this number into the price checkers at the store and it will give you the current price. If your store doesn't have the price scanners with number pads then you can print off the barcodes of the sets and scan the print out instead. Hold on to the sets until you see that the price has reached its lowest possible level (usually 6 weeks from first markdown to final markdown). Remove any clearance stickers from the boxes and return them at night before the store closes. The next morning they will restock the sets you returned, but now you can buy them at the much lower price. If you are lucky, they won't realize that the returned sets are supposed to be clearanced and restock them back to the Lego section without any red stickers on them for other people to notice. I usually buy two of each set I really want that way I don't risk losing them totally.

I know this sounds like alot of work, but if/when you score Lego sets for 75% off retail it will definitely feel worth it. As soon as I find Legos on clearance I'll start posting prices and DCPI #'s for the sets, and if you guys do the same, we should have a pretty good picture of what's what with the Target Lego clearance.

Think I might spend the 4th of July morning Target hopping![/QUOTE]

The register prints out a ticket informing the team member of the returned items new clearance price and automatically prints the corresponding clearance ticket. Good luck on your scam but the chances of it working are slim.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yes and most of us think that's wrong.[/QUOTE]
I'm a little unsure about what is wrong with this. It is a little more effort than I would put into it, but it is clearly within the store's policy, so I am unsure what "wrong" is here, and even more unsure if "most" was the correct word to use.

[quote name='ackbar7']I'm a little unsure about what is wrong with this. It is a little more effort than I would put into it, but it is clearly within the store's policy, so I am unsure what "wrong" is here, and even more unsure if "most" was the correct word to use.[/QUOTE]

It's not illegal but it's certainly questionable.

It would be like stashing stuff to clearence later, or say hoarding I suppose, to either profit yourself or from others....

Plus he is actually lucky to have someone do this for him too... I think he had a CSR just allow them to show the reciept and it gets marked down and he gets refunded.

Honestly this would NEVER work at any of the Targets I've been to.

1) too far away
2) they have been soooo tight on stock lately that I NEVER have seen ANY set go on clearence this year....

That and TRU either.... they don't clearance like they used to.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The register prints out a ticket informing the team member of the returned items new clearance price and automatically prints the corresponding clearance ticket. Good luck on your scam but the chances of it working are slim.[/QUOTE]

I returned 5 video games this past week and rebought all 5 using this method...it works you tool.:roll: And only some stores have the new clearance sticker device, not all. I used to have a lady in Customer Service who would return/rebuy with just the receipts but she was told by upper management to no longer do this for clearance merchandise. She is the one who suggested returning at night and rebuying in the morning.

And there sure are alot of "pots" calling the "kettle" black in here. Me following Target's return policy of returning unopened merchandise with a valid receipt is questionable or better yet, a scam??? What about people who sell their Star Wars minifigs for 10x what they should sell for??? What about buying multiple copies of the special Star Wars poster so they could be sold for 5x what they paid for them originally??? What about those who bought multiple sets from the Kmart and Walmart clearances so they could resell them for more??? What about those who took advantage of the LegoS@H Power Miner clearance screw up??? What about those who use the LegoS@H coupons that were only intended for those who received them in emails or catalogs??? All of this shit is questionable and I've read them all posted here, in this thread. All I did was to tell you how to get the biggest discount for Target clearance. If you didn't like what I said then fuck you...move on and read the next post. But don't waive any holier-than-thou fingers at me.

For those interested in the Target Lego clearance, I wrote down most of the sets, their prices, and DCPI #'s. I'll post them some time tomorrow when I get a chance. Bingo was right about the 15% off...unless this was a mistake, it means that the lowest discount will be 50% off.:bomb:

Man, maybe I shouldn't post after drinking and watching fireworks in the heat.

[quote name='180husher']I returned 5 video games this past week and rebought all 5 using this method...it works you tool.:roll: And only some stores have the new clearance sticker device, not all. I used to have a lady in Customer Service who would return/rebuy with just the receipts but she was told by upper management to no longer do this for clearance merchandise. She is the one who suggested returning at night and rebuying in the morning.

And there sure are alot of "pots" calling the "kettle" black in here. Me following Target's return policy of returning unopened merchandise with a valid receipt is questionable or better yet, a scam??? What about people who sell their Star Wars minifigs for 10x what they should sell for??? What about buying multiple copies of the special Star Wars poster so they could be sold for 5x what they paid for them originally??? What about those who bought multiple sets from the Kmart and Walmart clearances so they could resell them for more??? What about those who took advantage of the LegoS@H Power Miner clearance screw up??? What about those who use the LegoS@H coupons that were only intended for those who received them in emails or catalogs??? All of this shit is questionable and I've read them all posted here, in this thread. All I did was to tell you how to get the biggest discount for Target clearance. If you didn't like what I said then fuck you...move on and read the next post. But don't waive any holier-than-thou fingers at me.

For those interested in the Target Lego clearance, I wrote down most of the sets, their prices, and DCPI #'s. I'll post them some time tomorrow when I get a chance. Bingo was right about the 15% off...unless this was a mistake, it means that the lowest discount will be 50% off.:bomb:

Man, maybe I shouldn't post after drinking and watching fireworks in the heat.[/QUOTE]

Well ... thank god I didn't do any of that stuff you mentioned 180 ... I'm shocked, shocked to find that cheapassery is going on in here ...

[quote name='180husher'] Bingo was right about the 15% off...unless this was a mistake, it means that the lowest discount will be 50% off.:bomb:
[/QUOTE]

Is that always how it works? If it starts out at 15% off...then it will only go up to 50%?? I can never figure out Target. Sometimes, I see things there on sale, and before going 50 or 75% off, they are sent to Goodwill, etc.

[quote name='etcrane']Well ... thank god I didn't do any of that stuff you mentioned 180 ... I'm shocked, shocked to find that cheapassery is going on in here ...[/QUOTE]

Check, check aaand check. Looks around sheepishly. Carry on with your Target scheme my friend, all's fair in cheapass lego...

I'm trying to decide whether to put my Arkham Asylum back together for auction--it's going for $200+ on eBay right now, without the box! MIB, the sky's the limit.

[quote name='180husher']Hot damn, I stopped at Target today before going to work to check for Lego clearance but I didn't see any pretty little red stickers. Toy clearance drops are usually Thursdays or Fridays. Are you sure they were 15% off and not 30%. Toy clearance should follow the 30 - 50 - 75% off schedule not the 15-30-50% off (which is used mostly for expensive electronics). I knew alot of those Indy sets would clearance, but I am surprised that the construction sets are too.

Think I might spend the 4th of July morning Target hopping![/QUOTE]
If I was still in high school, I most likely would have done something like this, but now being more mature, I believe it's a bit unethical.

BUT, to each his own. Different strokes for different folks.

I've checked my local Targets (6 of them) and none have clearanced their LEGOs. The Target stores around me don't have much inventory on their shelves anyway.

I'm trying to decide whether to put my Arkham Asylum back together for auction--it's going for $200+ on eBay right now, without the box! MIB, the sky's the limit.

Seriously? I still have it MIB from back when I got it half price at S@H a couple years ago

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Co-sign! I've sold a decent amount of extra SW Minifigs on eBay to fund my City collection and I can't wait to get those Jetpack Troopers. I can customize!

I don't think that's necessarily the reason. I know some people who didn't know about it until the last minute when they sold out, but really wanted it. I almost missed out myself. I sold one at $60, but I'm holding onto the other 3 I have.[/QUOTE]

The last part of the the quote was you refering to the limited Star Wars poster from LegoS@H. And you are telling me whats ethical? Back when I was in high school I would have called you a two-faced douche, but now I've matured...you two-faced douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back