LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']Yeah, I'm hoping 50 each system...but I'm not optimistic.[/QUOTE]

I don't know.... every Old Navy? thats alot of copies... even for 50 split between 3 systems... to have 150 per store, wow.

I was at one of my local Lego Stores @Ontario Mills. They had a ton of Green Grocers 50% off. Picked one up, hopefully the other ones follow the same trend in the future!

[quote name='skiizim']I was at one of my local Lego Stores @Ontario Mills. They had a ton of Green Grocers 50% off. Picked one up, hopefully the other ones follow the same trend in the future![/QUOTE]

*Jaw hits the floor*

I wonder why GG was, is it an outlet store? GG is the best one from the series and it shouldn't be cleared out until next year.

[quote name='skiizim']I was at one of my local Lego Stores @Ontario Mills. They had a ton of Green Grocers 50% off. Picked one up, hopefully the other ones follow the same trend in the future![/QUOTE]

Should have picked up a few if it was 50%

too bad shipping would kill it otherwise I'd say pick me up one ;)

Thank you so much for the head's up! I used to live out in Fontana and loved going to the outlet store there. I'm in the SFV now and the Glendale store is a non-outlet :(. I just called Ontario and they're holding one for me, so I'll be doing the hour drive to pick it up...definitely worth it!

I saw a damaged box Green Grocer once for the typical 20% off, but never any 50% off. Anybody seen this at any of the other outlet Lego stores (Atlanta, Denver)? I know I didn't see anything discounted at the Potomic Mills mall except for IJ Temple Escape this past Tuesday.

And how sad is the "Sales and Deals" page on [email protected]? Only 3 items and one is sold out, while the other two are trains tracks and a Duplo.

Dang, I might have to call the store tomorrow.

I bet Ontario Mills has no deals when I go out to there for my sister's wedding this summer!

[quote name='bigdaddy']The LEGO® Outlet
Ontario Mills
Ontario, CA, USA

Copied from lego.com
[/QUOTE]

So being an outlet, they would get more discounted items than any other store....

damnit, that would have been nice to have within driving distance.

I'm double posting because my internet is so slow.

I didn't notice anything big on sale. $5 on a few sets at Target with a coupon, making most $35. However the Advent Calendar is listed and I didn't know they sold them.

The big $110 set with the A-Wing, that set is now $100 at TRU.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm double posting because my internet is so slow.

I didn't notice anything big on sale. $5 on a few sets at Target with a coupon, making most $35. However the Advent Calendar is listed and I didn't know they sold them.

The big $110 set with the A-Wing, that set is now $100 at TRU.[/QUOTE]

think that advent calendar is online only?

I was just at target and didn't see any, and they haven't carried any of them since I've noticed...

I think the $20 tub is now 15... nice xmas gift

Doesn't say online only.

A $15 tub is now $13 at Target. LEGO tubs are 5 times more expensive now than they were 3-5 years ago. I used to get 1000-1500 piece tubs for $20, for $20 you might get 350 pieces.

I've seen the Advent Calendars at a couple of Targets I've been to, though they seem to go quick. One day they'll have 5 and I'll go back a few days later and they're all gone.

Made the run out to the Ontario Mills outlet store today. Got the GG for 50% off, there were stacks of them, over a full pallet's worth at 2 pm. I also saw the Star Wars Republic Gunship for 30% off ( so about $80) and the Town Plan set for 30% off (so about $105), stacks of the gunship and about three of the Town Plan. I also picked up one of two Indy Temple Escapes I saw, both marked 41.98 on Sale, but when they rang it up it was another 30% off so I got it for just under $30, half price.

Thanks again for the head's up, it was definitely worth the mini road trip.

[quote name='xycury']So being an outlet, they would get more discounted items than any other store....

damnit, that would have been nice to have within driving distance.[/QUOTE]

Denver, Ontario, Atlanta, and Wodbridge, VA are all considered Lego Outlet stores. They do everthing a regular Lego store does but they have more clearance items usually. Although lately, my store in Woodbridge hasn't had much of anything on clearance. It also seems tied in with the websites clearance too as most of the things on the sales and deals page would be at my store for roughly the same price.

Funny thing, I've been to 4 different Lego stores, and 3 of them are outlets!

I gotta call my store today to see if they have any new clearance.

I just registered just so i can post this.

Apparently, the sets are on sale as the shipment was damaged, hence the discount.
Some pics from the Ontario store, and their stacks of Green Grocer, Star Wars Republic Gunship, And Eiffel tower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't seen the IJ Shanghai Chase at my Target since it went on clearance, then today one was sitting on the clearance endcap, $15. 50% off, sweet!

Also someone mentioned the small Racer and Creator Christmas sets at Target and not seeing Star Wars ships, there were some SW sets in the Christmas Section of my Target. Sorry, didn't look close enough to see what they were, I'll be stopping back.

[quote name='encendido5']Target supposedly has some sets for $50 on the rumored Black Friday ad. No word as to which sets yet though.[/QUOTE]

Just saw the ad - looks like the Castle Troll Warship and Indy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..

[quote name='yakkotank']Just saw the ad - looks like the Castle Troll Warship and Indy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..[/QUOTE]

Didn't even know those were around. Will be getting the last this Christmas when my mom bought it for $30 at Walmart. :)

[quote name='yakkotank']Just saw the ad - looks like the Castle Troll Warship and Indy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']Didn't even know those were around. Will be getting the last this Christmas when my mom bought it for $30 at Walmart. :)[/QUOTE]

geez, how nice of Target.

those sets are old, I got them both at WM too, I think $45 for the ship and yeah only $30 for the IJ set.

That is funny. Yep, I got them both for $30 back in January or February. I was hoping something like the Star Destroyer they had for $50 last year. Oh well.

It's looking like I will be staying home this year with the miserable BF "deals".

I think stores feel the economy is in the dumps so no one cares about BF. Then the day after all then reports will come out saying how bad of a day it was and the stores will be even worse shape.

Talk about lame. I got the Indy set for $20 at Target after Christmas and the Troll Warship for $28 at Walmart.

Seems like Lego just wants to push out the last of those sets and is giving them to Target at a discount.

[quote name='TWolf10']Also someone mentioned the small Racer and Creator Christmas sets at Target and not seeing Star Wars ships, there were some SW sets in the Christmas Section of my Target. Sorry, didn't look close enough to see what they were, I'll be stopping back.[/QUOTE]

That was probably me. Thanks for the update. I'll be checking another Target to see if their impulse sets are different. Even if they are V-19 Torrent again, I'll buy more.

Troll ship for $50 is not the worst Target could have done, but I already passed on it for $46. I love and got all the Troll related sets, but I just don't see a ship working with my setup. Last year's Star Destroyer deal was awesome. I wish I got more than one. Last year Target also had Viva Pinata TIP for $30 so I had to go to get those two things. But this year they have nothing for me except for DVD TV sets, but I know Amazon will match that.

The TRU Snowman and Tree sets are sweet, but I almost didn't find them. They were the first thing at the store but to the side and most people would easily miss them. Even after asking someone about it, I had to wander for a few minutes before finding them.

I gotta grab a LEGO Santa key chain Sunday! Thanks.

Crystal Skull was clearanced at Target this summer. When I saw a couple of them sitting on the shelf this week I ran over to a scanner thinking I was going to luck out and get 'em for 75% off...no, full price, and now I know why. Should have known better too as is was about this same time last year that about 50 Star Destroyers showed up on the shelves.

Best part of those pictures with all the damaged boxes in the Ontario store is that most of them look okay, but each stack has about one box that looks fucking completely flattened. And somebody is going to buy it for Xmas and then tell the kid that Santa must have accidentally sat on it.

I went back to Target. They now have all the Christmas items out. They did a much better job this year with their LEGO mini-gifts. They brought back the V-19 Torrent and General Grievous ship but most importantly added the mini TIE Fighter! I thought this was a UK exclusive that wasn't going to pop up in the states. I'm glad I was wrong. If you have a UCS Star Destroyer, you got to grab a few of these.

They also still have those bagged Racers. Then there are the Creator sets. Those are nothing new. It's as if they just brought over sets from the regular aisle to this. They even placed a half dozen Squidman Escape sets there too. Why not K9-Bot and Space Speeder instead?

TRU Black Friday "deals" :

8635 Agents Mobile Command Center - $53.99
7623 Indiana Jones Temple Escape - $42.59
7680 Star Wars: The Twilight - $59.99 (Friday until 1:00PM Only)

Other than 7680, prices good 12:00 AM Friday Morning to close Saturday.

The only thing that sticks out for me is 8635, if only because I don't think I've seen any store that carries it any longer, and the aftermarket price generally runs in the $100+ range.

The agent mobile command is totally worth it. There where a few places on the trailer that benefited from some custom "enhancements" (almost GASP superglued at one point).

I was happy to get it for $90 a few months ago.

[quote name='prim4444']Starting 11/15, ALL Toys R Us stores will be giving away FREE Lego Santa Key Chains.(No purchase required)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3814445

Key Chains will come with a $5 Off coupon for any Lego purchase of $20 or more valid 11/15 - 11/21.[/QUOTE]

Their 11/15 ad is now online and there is no mention of this offer. There is an offer for a free Twilight keychain with Twilight merchandise purchase.

There was a prior online offer for a free LEGO Santa keychain with purchase.

[quote name='voidedx']Their 11/15 ad is now online and there is no mention of this offer. There is an offer for a free Twilight keychain with Twilight merchandise purchase.

There was a prior online offer for a free LEGO Santa keychain with purchase.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that as well. I'll still be going tomorrow to check it out. It'll be weird walking in asking about something I heard online, especially if they have no clue what I'm talking about.

The deal is legit. I was handed one as I walked through the door. Mine had their box at customer service. It indeed has a $5 off $20 coupon. Their marketing tactic worked, as I picked up 2 2010 Racer Lego sets. Unfortunately, sets from the Racer series were the only 2010 sets they had...but that means we should be seeing the rest soon!

[quote name='jchasse']The agent mobile command is totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to TRU on Black Friday? I went for laughs last year and the wait in line was only 1:40 when earlier in the day it was a 3 hour wait.

Nothing is worth spending 3 hours there.

I called both of our tru stores, and they said that they are not doing the lego keychain promo. Strange. I also don't see it advertised anywhere...how did people find out about this? Tia.

[quote name='elsnerma']The deal is legit. I was handed one as I walked through the door. Mine had their box at customer service. It indeed has a $5 off $20 coupon. Their marketing tactic worked, as I picked up 2 2010 Racer Lego sets. Unfortunately, sets from the Racer series were the only 2010 sets they had...but that means we should be seeing the rest soon![/QUOTE]
Total BS. I called ALL 5 of my local TRU stores and none of them were giving out the supposed FREE keychain. I even randomly called other TRUs from other states just to check if this was a regional thing, but none of them knew nothing.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']I called both of our tru stores, and they said that they are not doing the lego keychain promo. Strange. I also don't see it advertised anywhere...how did people find out about this? Tia.[/QUOTE]

Total BS. I called ALL 5 of my local TRU stores and none of them were giving out the supposed FREE keychain. I even randomly called other TRUs from other states just to check if this was a regional thing, but none of them knew nothing.

Well, I'm not lying about it, so it's possible it's regional or your stores haven't started it yet. I could always post a scan of the receipt where it took off the $5.00 for the Lego coupon or I could post a picture of the Santa, but since these same coupon/keychain combos were being given out online as well, it really wouldn't prove anything.

EDIT: Here's some pics of the new 2010 Racer sets that I picked up/saw while I was there. http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/captainsamuslego/

Where do you live Elsnerma? I didn't see anything in my Western Mass ad. It's also the only TRU within like 55 miles. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Where do you live Elsnerma? I didn't see anything in my Western Mass ad. It's also the only TRU within like 55 miles. :lol:[/QUOTE]

My local store is the one in Beavercreek, OH. It wasn't in the ad for us either. I just walked in at opening, some people were moving stock around, and I literally walked 4-5 steps in the door when what I assume was the manager/team lead gave me the keychain/coupon and stated "Here, this is for a new promotion we're doing this week".

Anyway, thanks again to prim4444 for the tip.

Hey thanks elsnerma for verifying the keychain. Even though I called both stores and they told me no, when I went in, and asked about it, the employee called over the manager, and th e manager finally realized what those boxes of Lego keychains were for in the back.

He said he's had them for awhile, but didn't know what they were for. After I asked, they just started giving them away but mainly for people who bought something.

So, I would just go into the store and ask an employee to ask a manager about it. Otherwise on the phone, the employees just ask other employees about it, and of course, no one knows anything about it.

Anyone spot any of the Atlantis stuff in the wild yet? I talked to one of the managers at the local LEGO store and she said some of the smaller sets will be dropping before or right at the beginning of December. I'm not too keen on the red ship designs but I do like some of the mini figs.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone spot any of the Atlantis stuff in the wild yet? I talked to one of the managers at the local LEGO store and she said some of the smaller sets will be dropping before or right at the beginning of December. I'm not too keen on the red ship designs but I do like some of the mini figs.[/QUOTE]

I thought the date was the 24th of this month, if TRU is waiting till December... bummer.

I will be picking up the small sets for sure. Those minifigs are money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back