LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']40 degrees and raining, I don't care if Lego Rockband is free, I'm not going out in this weather. Good luck to you guys.[/QUOTE]

Old Navy doesn't open up for another 3 hours. :lol:

I really want that Agents set, but not a chance in hell I'm going to TRU today.

[quote name='elsnerma']Nothing new in the "sales and deals" on shop.lego.com. The 10/20/30 off is being advertised though.[/QUOTE]

It's being advertised, but it DOES NOT work yet. No matter how much you put in your cart, it says you don't have enough in there to qualify. UGH!!

Also, ToysRUs.com is sold out of the Mobile Command Center already! WTF! :hot:

[quote name='MaxGoof']It's being advertised, but it DOES NOT work yet. No matter how much you put in your cart, it says you don't have enough in there to qualify. UGH!!

Also, ToysRUs.com is sold out of the Mobile Command Center already! WTF! :hot:[/QUOTE]

I checked, I don't think it was ever in stock online, I believe it is instore only.

Check back around 3AM EST for the TRU online sale. That's the time their Black Friday ad went live last year. I guessing the same for LEGO. Either way, I'll be heading out to TRU in about an hour...

The Twilight set is online now for the sale price.

Interesting mostlybricks is reporting.....

Additionally: 33 new items will be added to the Sales & Deals section
show
of Shop @ Home starting sometime on November 27, including:
* 852331 Vintage Minifigure (Minifig) Collection Volume 1
* 852453 Pirates Magnet Set
* 852443 Storm Trooper Magnet Set
Note: The majority will be smaller items

Don't know where they got that from.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Twilight set is online now for the sale price.

Interesting mostlybricks is reporting.....

Don't know where they got that from.[/QUOTE]

The NOTE on smaller items?

I don't know what Lego would still have that would qualify.

[quote name='xycury']The NOTE on smaller items?

I don't know what Lego would still have that would qualify.[/QUOTE]

Also what is small? Too me a small set is less than $10 regularly. Medium set would be like ~$20-$50ish and anything more would be a big set.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Also what is small? Too me a small set is less than $10 regularly. Medium set would be like ~$20-$50ish and anything more would be a big set.[/QUOTE]

I'd say less than 15, there are some that are 13 that could...

still, going to be a mystery if that's true.

They're up! Ordered a few of the brick magnet sets and 2 of the minifigure vol. 1 collections....26.83 shipped. Not bad.

EDIT: Whoops...Lego must have discounted these too much, because now the prices are back up almost double what I paid.... Magnet Set Medium was $3.01, Magnest Set Large was $6.01, and the Minifigure Collection was $5.51. I wonder if they'll cancel my order since it appears to have been a price mistake?

indeed, I saw everything for not so much... added, refreshed my cart to checkout and Kabammo, alot more than what I would have wanted.

I only bought the big magnet block sets... medium and large for 25. about 5 less than actual MSRP but well no tax at least.

Oh and code BSCV29 which should take off 5 off 20 doesn't work, even if you threw in a regular item.

Overall, I'm highly disappointed that there weren't at least a few regular sets for sale.

Yeah I was hoping they would have the toy shop back online for this but I picked up a couple of the Pirate Tic Tac Toe sets and the Duplo truck for gifts.

Waited in line in the cold at TRU for the agents truck ... Go in ... None in stock!! Bastards ... So I raised hell and got a rain check and a zhu zhu to boot ... Helllloo eBay to compensate me for standing 2 hours in the cold. At least I'm getting a copy of Lego rockband, as I stand freezing in front of old navy currently ;-)

You live in CA, how cold can it be? 55? :lol:

LEGO.com sucks. Last year they had... you know SETS ON SALE! They haven't added a fucking set in months! What do we get? Bullshit on Black Friday, what a fucking joke. The shit they have isn't even on sale that much, just disgusting. "Back to Basics" my ass.

If you did get the things for cheaper LEGO normally honors the prices.

[quote name='etcrane']Waited in line in the cold at TRU for the agents truck ... Go in ... None in stock!! Bastards ... So I raised hell and got a rain check and a zhu zhu to boot ... Helllloo eBay to compensate me for standing 2 hours in the cold. At least I'm getting a copy of Lego rockband, as I stand freezing in front of old navy currently ;-)[/QUOTE]

Did you check the boxes at the top?? Our tru had tons of these, but they were at the top.....we got there late, and were still able to grab everything we wanted. I have to say though, out of all the stores we went to, TRU was the worst organized, worst prepared. The line to check out was just PAINFUL.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Hey guys,
I stumbled on this site. Is this legit? Has anyone ever heard of this?? I'm sooo tempted to buy a set off of here, but I'm not 100% sure....site was registered in march 2009, and can't find any feedback, etc.

http://www.legotoy.net/Buy_Now.html

how are they also able to sell the legos so cheap??[/QUOTE]
Seems suspect to me. The site says "LegoToy.net sell brand new and authentiic lego products only.All products are sent out from lego warehouse directly". Why would LEGO need another site? If you read around the site you'll find grammar and spelling errors.

And you have to send a Paypal payment to [email protected]??? I reported this site to LEGO since the site is making it seem they LEGO or somewhat affiliated with them.

Yeah that site is not LEGO and if LEGO found out they will sue. You can not use the LEGO name without LEGO's approval because "LEGO" is copyright. It's why all the sites are called "brick".

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Did you check the boxes at the top?? Our tru had tons of these, but they were at the top.....we got there late, and were still able to grab everything we wanted. I have to say though, out of all the stores we went to, TRU was the worst organized, worst prepared. The line to check out was just PAINFUL.[/QUOTE]

Why I didn't bother. I was thinking about walking to mine, but they are so badly done it's incredible. Last year I went because I wanted the $35 Aqua Raiders base (the only set in the theme I do not have) and they were sold out, and the line was around the fucking store. Insanity. LEGOs are not worth that.

Boohooohoo! I knew it was too good to be true. Such a good price on that Millenium Falcon (349.00), I wanted to pull the trigger.

Anyways, our TRU had a long, I mean HUGE, line wrapped all the way to the back of the building. Once I saw it, I thought we had no chance in getting what we wanted, but TRU was so disorganized, unprepared, that when I got in, they still had all the toys I wanted. :)

2 hours after they opened, I saw them put more of the Agent's command out, so those who got there early and left, did not get one.

The Agent deal is Fri/Sat, so I'd hope they'd have enough to cover that. Our one and only TRU here is absolutely terrible. My wife went there and it was a disorganized mess--line running through the whole store, slow checkout. Ugh. I felt bad she went there and said she wouldn't ever go there again for BF (and she's the type that has no problem waiting in line for BF deals).

I might have to stop in on Saturday if that's true if the Agents set will still be good for tomorrow.

It's pricy and probably the highest I've paid for a set this past year besides picking up the Pirate Ship for $73.

But to me, out of every other Agent's set, this one is worth it.

[quote name='gunm']The Ad specifically says Fri/Sat, but if your store is like my store, it'll be sold out before Saturday. :([/QUOTE]

Well I hope it's not advertised well.... but yeah, most likely not in stock. :roll:

[quote name='gunm'] Our one and only TRU here is absolutely terrible. [/QUOTE]

Don't kid yourself that is all TRUs. I do not know how after all these years they have yet to figure out a better system than the mess they have now.

The one near me has at least 100 workers, I saw them being trained in the late summer, ALL of them should be working today! If they can't work today then fire them and hire new people!

However when I went last week a very nice, and cute girl worked very quickly. They need to clone her. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']

However when I went last week a very nice, and cute girl worked very quickly. They need to clone her. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!! Thanks for making me laugh! I agree....they should have had workers managing the line, etc, but none of that happened. At my store, they had 2 workers only in the front, directing traffic. On any regular day though, they have like 5 employees running around the floor, asking if you need help....didn't see a single one today, except for the guys that were constantly stocking.

Last year when I went there were two-three people in the back end of the store telling the customers that this was where the line started and one guy complaining that he had been there since 4am. Too bad! The economy is in the shitter, TRU can't hire a few extra people just to work for 6 weeks? It was on the news how bad one was set up in CT, the police closed the parking lot, the people tried breaking into the store. IT'S fuckING TOYS! IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S THE LAST BIT OF FOOD ON THE PLANET IS INSIDE!

So fuck it, I just shop from home. I don't need a new TV... well I do I don't have the money for a new TV so no point in going out. One guy on the news was like "I'm saving $800!" Yes but you wasted 16 hours of your life waiting in a line to save $800 of the suggested price. I probably could find the same deal for a computer online.

I went back to TRU in the afternoon and there were a couple of Agents Command Center sets. Picked up another one for my cousin. I used to work at TRU when I was high school and the way things are done around there are not the same. Things used to be more organized. These days, the associates just walk around the store ignoring to acknowledge you and even worse at checkout.

I was at Target a bit after they opened and out of all the stores I hit today they were the most organized and had plenty of everything that was advertised in their ad, minus the TVs. All the registers were open and they had associates all over the floor greeting, stocking and directing traffic.

Ended up swinging by another TRU at around 4 am and grabbed a Command Center that was a bit beat up but sitting in the middle of the LEGO section floor. Debating whether to push the 1st TRU on the raincheck, since it was really annoying to wait 2 hours and walk into a store that had 0 stock. At least the whole Lego Rockband thing worked out well and TRU did in the end as well.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I was at Target a bit after they opened and out of all the stores I hit today they were the most organized and had plenty of everything that was advertised in their ad, minus the TVs. All the registers were open and they had associates all over the floor greeting, stocking and directing traffic.[/QUOTE]

OT, but my wife confirmed this @ our local Target as well. Target apparently had all the employees from each shift come in and work BF, and they definitely had an action plan as everyone was responsive and knowledgable about where the sale items were. My wife said it was the best BF in store shopping she did today.

I only hit one TRU, it was a madhouse, and I didn't find the Agents Command Center. I was bummed. I may try another TRU tomorrow, but I doubt I'll have any luck.

I was just in our TRU again (forgot to use a coupon earlier), and the manager said they just got in a truck, so that there would be fresh stock tomorrow morning. She said the zhu zhu hamsters would be there....I'm thinking they may have more of the Legos as well.

I agree with ur wife....Target was the most pleasant BF experience...TRU was hell.

Stopped by TRU around 9:00 PM with renewed hope from this thread that the Command Center would be in stock.

The shelf spot was empty, but sure enough, up above were quite a few clearly marked brown boxes with " Mobile Command - 89.99" on them. I had an employee cut me open a box and was happily on my way. I didn't have to wait outside in the cold or deal with huge unruly crowds either. I just wonder how long the spot had bee left empty and how many people mistakenly thought the store was sold out.

Speaking of which, the store looked as though it had been hit by a tornado, with most of the employees on cleanup duty. They even had the whole front aisle closed off near the registers.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Hey,

Does anyone know if we can use that BOGO 50% coupon on the sale sets...the Indy, and Command sets??[/QUOTE]
The coupon doesn't say it excludes sale items. I would try it an if they deny it then I'd fight it.

That coupon is horribly written. LEGO is a construction toy, so does it mean all LEGO sets or just the Construction theme? Right now I'm thinking it only means the construction theme.

But as my grandpa says, if they deny you just make sure to get really loud in the middle of the store, the louder you get the more they care. :lol:

Just went to TRU...coupon is good on ANY lego set.

Also, was able to use in on the Temple Escape...awesome!
They didn't have anymore Command sets, nor the free backpack. The people at TRU....the head isn't talking to the hand....they had no idea what the free backpack promo was period.

So, go to TRU now! :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']
But as my grandpa says, if they deny you just make sure to get really loud in the middle of the store, the louder you get the more they care. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I used to think that too, but now I think it only works for grandmas. ;) Seriously though, if I go anywhere with my grandpa, they are sooo nice to him, honor all coupons, etc. No problems at all. Very funny, but I'm not complaining!

I just came back from TRU and it works on ALL LEGOs. I went in just wanting to buy some Star Wars Battle of Endor sets and I came out buying that and 2 Agents Command Center. I couldn't believe I saw them on the shelves!

So the coupon does work on the Mobile Command Center? Because the coupon says it doesn't work "with any R' US Offer for same item".

If it does, I may return the one I bought yesterday and buy 2.

Yes, it does. I think I'm going to see if they will let me return, rebuy later too. Since it rings up on sale automatically, it's not like they are entering in 2 coupons, and it goes thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back