LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']The lego Atlantis cartoon/show is on tomorrow (Friday) night at 7:00 pm on the Cartoon Network. It's only 30 minutes.

Will the characters talk? Or will it be like the video games? We'll see tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to DVR it. It would be hilarious if it was silent like the games. I can't see them doing that though... for 30(20) minutes?

Half the Targets in my area restocked the Temple of Doom set...but still at regular prices. Doesn't mean you can't buy there and return/rebuy at another store that has them on clearance.

A local Walmart is remodeling in the next six weeks, according to the guy with the price gun in the clearance section. So they apparently are going to be aggressive with clearance. Still had a decent amount of LEGO, picked up two of the Construction Site (7633) sets for $20 a piece. A few other sets I'll see if they stick around for another round or two.

That being said, could be normal clearance and the guy was just giving me a line to be conversational.

[quote name='kojubat']A local Walmart is remodeling in the next six weeks, according to the guy with the price gun in the clearance section. So they apparently are going to be aggressive with clearance. Still had a decent amount of LEGO, picked up two of the Construction Site (7633) sets for $20 a piece. A few other sets I'll see if they stick around for another round or two.

That being said, could be normal clearance and the guy was just giving me a line to be conversational.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing to pick one of those up for me? I'm sure we could agree on a price.

[quote name='DillDough']Would you be willing to pick one of those up for me? I'm sure we could agree on a price.[/QUOTE]

I'll look to see if there are any left the next time I head that way, but that probably won't be until Sunday. The good news is they weren't marked. The bad news is that there was only one remaining.

Fred Meyer in the upcoming Sunday ad (1/17-1/23) has "Buy 2 get 1 Free on all Lego". Pictured is bionicle, there is no exclusions listed.

Also on the Page is a take an extra 10% "today's price" in "Home", which includes Toys.

[quote name='kojubat']I'll look to see if there are any left the next time I head that way, but that probably won't be until Sunday. The good news is they weren't marked. The bad news is that there was only one remaining.[/QUOTE]

I see, in that case I'll hit some nearby Walmarts myself, though I doubt I'll get that lucky. However, if you do manage to pick up one more set then I'll definitely take it off your hands.

EDIT: The Wind Turbine Transport is on sale at Toys R' Us again, for $45 this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
My FM is still cleaned out from Christmas (just like Target & Walmart) but I guess I'll have to go check it out, see if there is anything good available.

[quote name='DillDough']
EDIT: The Wind Turbine Transport is on sale at Toys R' Us again, for $45 this time.[/QUOTE]

what was the price of the turbine last time?

The previous price was $40, and apparently there was also a $5 off coupon you could get at the register. Mine ran me $44 after tax without the coupon, couldn't find the coupon at my Toys R' Us.

Amazon just took the Imperial Flagship off of their site. I guess this one is truly going to be a S@H exclusive.

I regret hesitating, it was nearly $30 cheaper than S@H.

I saw 1 box left of wind turbine @TRU for $45. Very tempted, but decided not to. My son got the mini fire rescue set w/one of his Xmas gift cards, though.

Really odd but I was at Target tonight and they had restocked a bunch of LEGO sets that I believe were clearanced before xmas at other Targets ... none were on clearance (and weren't ever previously at this location, though they were sold out) but I guess they will be worth watching in the weeks to come.

[quote name='DillDough']Amazon just took the Imperial Flagship off of their site. I guess this one is truly going to be a S@H exclusive.

I regret hesitating, it was nearly $30 cheaper than S@H.[/QUOTE]

Damn!

would have been nice. I would have saved at least shipping. no tax here.

15 bucks for shipping... well it should be heavy.

Went to the three Lego stores today and unfortunately no Castle battle packs. They only had a couple of Castle sets, so I picked up the MMV and the King's Battle Chariot (Carriage?). They also had very little Pirates sets so if you want any, you may want to pick those up soon.

Here are pictures of the Holiday Box. I think I could've filled it up some more, but it was almost closing time so I didn't have much time. I made a 10x10x10 block and filled in the sides and top with as much as I could.

4281736371_aaf0937ebd.jpg

4282499920_b4f85b6d39.jpg

4282499714_4bf1779382.jpg

And here's a little extra...

4281757081_2d23bd0974.jpg

4282501796_433e5ef23e.jpg

4282502138_9da79da615.jpg

4281758515_1c65ffa447.jpg

Went to the Lego Store yesterday, and I filled my box up pretty much the same way as encendido, just made a 10x10 stack, didn't bother making the 11x1 side dealies that flickr guy showed earlier in the thread. Instead, I filled the outside with various other bits that weren't standard bricks (I have no clue what I'll do with all the printed clock and checked flag pieces I got). I was a little dissapointed that my PAB wall was pretty much the same as it was in November.

I did finally get in on the 7.99 Grab Bag...my wife picked out one, and I picked out one. Got a fairly interesting mix of parts including a pink 16x16 curved piece that's from a Belleville set and a random Star Wars torso. My store did a fairly good job of mixing in the pieces, as our bags definitely were comprised of pieces from many, many different sets.

You're better off selling them on eBay. Lego usually sells there above the retail price, but of course both PayPal and eBay will rape you with fees.

I was charged nearly $20 from a $135 auction when I sold one of my Emerald Night sets a month or so back.

[quote name='DillDough']You're better off selling them on eBay. Lego usually sells there above the retail price, but of course both PayPal and eBay will rape you with fees.

I was charged nearly $20 from a $135 auction when I sold one of my Emerald Night sets a month or so back.[/QUOTE]

Bricklink is a lot more reasonable on fees. Never sold anything on there, though.

[quote name='elsnerma']Went to the Lego Store yesterday, and I filled my box up pretty much the same way as encendido, just made a 10x10 stack, didn't bother making the 11x1 side dealies that flickr guy showed earlier in the thread. Instead, I filled the outside with various other bits that weren't standard bricks (I have no clue what I'll do with all the printed clock and checked flag pieces I got). I was a little dissapointed that my PAB wall was pretty much the same as it was in November.

I did finally get in on the 7.99 Grab Bag...my wife picked out one, and I picked out one. Got a fairly interesting mix of parts including a pink 16x16 curved piece that's from a Belleville set and a random Star Wars torso. My store did a fairly good job of mixing in the pieces, as our bags definitely were comprised of pieces from many, many different sets.[/QUOTE]

Kids and I were "weighing" all the bags in our hands and looking through the clear parts of the bags to see if there were any pieces we could spy worth getting. I know in one bag we got almost 40 red seats, another had about ten carrots, and another had a button in it!?!

I haven't did a grap bag in years, stupid Natick Mall is too busy, but I got screwed. I got nothing but like 150 1x4 blue Technic bricks.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I haven't did a grap bag in years[/QUOTE]

huh? :lol:

When did you go to Natick? I went on Saturday around 8 and it was pretty empty. The Burlington one was packed, so I didn't stay there too long. They did have a Rock Monster sculpture, which was pretty cool.

I saw a bunch of grab bags, but looking through the clear spots, the only cool piece I saw was a single dog. The rest was a mix of red and yellow basic bricks.

Has anyone else found Atlantis sets on clearance at Target? Most Targets have this stuff on front end-caps in my area. One put the stuff on a back end-cap and clearanced it all for 50% off. I got just about one of each for my kids, and I think I am going to get the rest today.

[quote name='cwalker3']Has anyone else found Atlantis sets on clearance at Target? Most Targets have this stuff on front end-caps in my area. One put the stuff on a back end-cap and clearanced it all for 50% off. I got just about one of each for my kids, and I think I am going to get the rest today.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm going to say that's lucky on your part. Those sets just came out, so I can't imagine them being on clearance so soon.

[quote name='cwalker3']Has anyone else found Atlantis sets on clearance at Target? Most Targets have this stuff on front end-caps in my area. One put the stuff on a back end-cap and clearanced it all for 50% off. I got just about one of each for my kids, and I think I am going to get the rest today.[/QUOTE]

About every couple of months he posts deals he finds at his Target that make me want to drive to the two hours to Maryland.:lol:

WTF? Which sets? get some for me ! :bouncy:

must be the first 3 sets? only because they are coming out with the 2nd wave already? Gah Target is retarded... wish I had one :cry:

[quote name='xycury']WTF? Which sets? get some for me ! :bouncy:

must be the first 3 sets? only because they are coming out with the 2nd wave already? Gah Target is retarded... wish I had one :cry:[/QUOTE]

My Target has all the Atlantis sets except for that turtle one in the newest catalog...all regular price though.

And that Lego Atlantis "movie" sucked...looked like they use cut-scenes from video games as well as the writers. It made my old 80's Transformers cartoons look like Shakespeare.

Man, Targets are strange...makes me wonder if the manager or whoever puts out that sale, so his f&f can get in on it??? We have a weird Target like that over here....going to check today to see if the Atlantis is on sale.

TRU has free shipping today only if you spend a 100.00....but a lot is oos. Looks like Lego added more stuff to the clearance, but already sold out.

Son opened the motorized At-at, and he looooves it. Lol. He carries it around (by holding the top two handles), and acts like he's walking a dog.

Do they ever sell those pick a brick boxes?? Or are they only free if you spend 75 at Xmas time? Looks like you can pack way more in that box, than in the awkward cup.

[quote name='encendido5']

When did you go to Natick? I went on Saturday around 8 and it was pretty empty. The Burlington one was packed, so I didn't stay there too long. They did have a Rock Monster sculpture, which was pretty cool.

I saw a bunch of grab bags, but looking through the clear spots, the only cool piece I saw was a single dog. The rest was a mix of red and yellow basic bricks.[/QUOTE]

The rock monster is cool. I haven't been the Natick one is years because I got sick of going and them having nothing. It's too busy to have sales, and never had the grab bags except for like 2005 when it first opened, it's the main reason I like going to the stores.

[quote name='kojubat']I'll look to see if there are any left the next time I head that way, but that probably won't be until Sunday. The good news is they weren't marked. The bad news is that there was only one remaining.[/QUOTE]

And someone grabbed it, apparently. The only things left are the Agents helicopter for $45 and the Indiana Jones dogfight for $30.

That being said, I found a different Walmart with the construction sites for $50. Does anyone know if Walmart give hassles (in general) with the return/rebuy like Target does? The two stores are easily an hour away from each other, so I'd like to have a reasonable chance of success before burning the gas.

[quote name='180husher']About every couple of months he posts deals he finds at his Target that make me want to drive to the two hours to Maryland.:lol:[/QUOTE]
Haha, that's funny.:D

I'm not really up on what's new and what's not, as I mainly buy the sets for my boys. I do sort of collect and play through them...

It was the big $60 sub, the $40 octopus set, the $20 set with a saw blade thing, the small shark set, a small $13 vehicle, and a $7 spider thing. All are half price.

BTW - Middle River MD. And when I said I was going to 'get the rest', I just meant the one of each of the 2 sets I didn't pick up - not everything remaining.

[quote name='cwalker3']Haha, that's funny.:D

I'm not really up on what's new and what's not, as I mainly buy the sets for my boys. I do sort of collect and play through them...

It was the big $60 sub, the $40 octopus set, the $20 set with a saw blade thing, the small shark set, a small $13 vehicle, and a $7 spider thing. All are half price.

BTW - Middle River MD. And when I said I was going to 'get the rest', I just meant the one of each of the 2 sets I didn't pick up - not everything remaining.[/QUOTE]

damn... go get the octopus set for me :D I'll pay shipping !!!

A 40 set for only 20, shipping could be 4 bucks if you take it out of the box.... repack, hell you could bubble mail that thing.

bah... nevermind....I'll probably find a good deal on it. about 9 months from now.

Damn, that's crazy--those sets are brand new!

[quote name='kojubat']And someone grabbed it, apparently. The only things left are the Agents helicopter for $45 and the Indiana Jones dogfight for $30.

That being said, I found a different Walmart with the construction sites for $50. Does anyone know if Walmart give hassles (in general) with the return/rebuy like Target does? The two stores are easily an hour away from each other, so I'd like to have a reasonable chance of success before burning the gas.[/QUOTE]

What do you want to do? Return one of the sets you bought for $20?

[quote name='DillDough']What do you want to do? Return one of the sets you bought for $20?[/QUOTE]

He wants to buy a $50 set at one store and go to another that sells it for $20 (but it out of stock probably) and get the difference refunded.

I did what he is trying last year with that republic gunship that was on clearance. It depends upon the person at customer service...they can come up with whatever excuse they want to block you from getting some money back, or they could care less.

That's pretty sweet.

I'm sad that the older Fire Station set sold out so quickly from the online store. I wish they'd take it down already as it teases me every time I pop to check on deals. :(

Edit: Also this code works for the online store, if you don't want a sharkman keychain: B058

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']Well the new fire station isn't that different, of course LEGO can't sell three fire stations at the same time. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Especially since LEGOs don't even burn that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back