LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BillyBob29']Probably not a set most of you have any interest in but does anyone know of a good deal on the Lambo LP-560 Lego set?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in that set, but I've only seen it at TRU and the Lego store and that was before Xmas. Best bet is to look out for a TRU coupon or sale and cross your fingers they have it stock.

LEGO just now had my PoP pictures from Flickr removed. How fucking stupid are they? They removed TS3 a month ago and I had PoP posted then!

[quote name='180husher']I'm interested in that set, but I've only seen it at TRU and the Lego store and that was before Xmas. Best bet is to look out for a TRU coupon or sale and cross your fingers they have it stock.[/QUOTE]

I saw it at Walmart yesterday for $65. Seemed kind of high to me for a 700 piece set but I haven't bought any Legos in a few years now. I haven't been able to find a better price online yet so I may just pick it up the next time I'm at Walmart.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Good news...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmillington/4295482685/sizes/o/in/photostream/

It seems to me that they will not just be random parts in a bag and that you will actually get a fully minifigure.

Now hopefully these will be at other stores besides TRU (Where one will cost $8) and S@H.[/QUOTE]
Looks pretty awesome. $8 seems crazy high though. $5 seems like it would still be high but acceptable, though I was honestly hoping for $3.

I can't be asked to buy it if it's greator than $3.

I'd like all of them so given they are "random" and I'm good, it'll be $48 bucks... geez.

The $8 is a fucking joke people! Sheesh! I was making funof the fact TRU sells the Impulse sets for like $7.

The unofficial official price is $3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I could see selling a "collectible" minifig for $8. I wouldn't have paid it, but with the way both TRU and LEGO have been marking things up recently I wouldn't put it past them.

Well I think LEGO would charge $5, I think then know $8 is too much. :lol:

However I love the fact the Train designers needed to convince the Lego Company to make two new train wheels and one-two other new parts and LEGO had to think about it. However they make how many new pieces for these? How many new prints for these? These minifigures that will be out for 2 months! I don't understand LEGO's thinking.

I wonder if you could order a box, rather than buying individual packages? Assuming that a box would have each figure at least once, it might be cheaper and you could make some of the upfront cost back by reselling duplicates.

Looks like around 30 bags per box, so it would only add up to a high end LEGO set.

[quote name='etcrane']I wonder if you could order a box, rather than buying individual packages? Assuming that a box would have each figure at least once, it might be cheaper and you could make some of the upfront cost back by reselling duplicates.

Looks like around 30 bags per box, so it would only add up to a high end LEGO set.[/QUOTE]

I worry that these are going to be tough to find. If they are going to be $3 each, I would gladly buy an entire box if I find one. (Just don't call me a hoarder because they're all for me. Mine. All mine.)

[quote name='salty tbone']I worry that these are going to be tough to find. If they are going to be $3 each, I would gladly buy an entire box if I find one. (Just don't call me a hoarder because they're all for me. Mine. All mine.)[/QUOTE]
Hard to find? Maybe when it first releases, but when the dust settles i don't think they'll be that hard to find. I only see the LEGO store and TRU carrying this and considering a lot of kids as well as adults love the minifigs, I'm sure LEGO is going to mass produce these more than any of the other minifig sets that have been released.

^ I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is Volume 1, it comes out in June. Volume 2 comes out in August and at that time Volume 1 is suppose to be gone for good.

We should find out more info on how this all works from the Toy Fairs in a few weeks.

one target by me has all lego atllantis marked down 30%, but i stopped at a different one last night and they were not marked down. gonna run out today and grab the two marked down sets i didnt get the other day.

Here are my predictions for the Minifigures:
Price: $2.00
Availability: Any place that sells Legos, vinyl figures, or CCG cards/trading cards.

I also don't think they'll be stocked in the Lego aisle, I think they'll be stocked near the trading cards/GoGo's/vinyl figures/miniatures area of most stores, as this seems to be the market thease "collectible/trading minifigures" are aimed at.

That said, assuming they are at this price, I will be buying up a lot, and selling/trading the duplicates I don't want.

I was at Sears last night and found some LEGOs at 50% off. Not many, and I would guess that selection is pretty YMMV, but I picked up the Front-end Loader (7630) and Tow Truck (7638) for 7.98 each. All their other toys were 50% off as well, but they are pretty hidden. At this location they were surrounded by lawn furniture and power tools, so if you don't see toys look around or ask.

I filled up my second holiday box today. 13x13 works perfectly. I stacked it about 5 bricks high and then filled the rest with specialty pieces. It's funny how that actually equals 2 boxes had I just thrown the pieces in.

LEGO really fucked up the minifigures, from brickset.com./...

Last but certainly not least, the collectable minifigs were on display: both series one and two. They are just so awesome and series two has just as many very cool figs as series one. Nearly every one features something unique be it a printed torso or an accessory which hasn't been available before and (I'm told) won't be used elsewhere. I learned some other facts about them: They will cost £1.99 in the UK. The yellow outer box will contain 60 minifigs. Some will be rarer than others. They won't be available in newsagents like WHS but from normal stockists. Series one will be out around May and series two in September-ish, so that gives us a reasonable time to collect them all. You can't really tell what's in the bag by feeling them as they are quite stiff. And, as the title of this article suggests, the cheerleader has a nice pair of pom-poms :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']LEGO really fucked up the minifigures, from brickset.com./...[/QUOTE]

I don't get it, what did they fuck up? The price, rare elements, stiff boxes?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Well I think LEGO would charge $5, I think then know $8 is too much. :lol:

...I don't understand LEGO's thinking.[/QUOTE]

I work at a small?ish biz (24+ people) and I understand their thinking perfectly. Middle management is convinced they are keeping a close watch on the forest when they are actually looking at the trees.

As for the $$$ for the minifigs....not with my 5 year old I fucking won't. I have taken to buying dups of sets (like the clone warrior + walker pack). My intention is to open MY copies AFTER he grows up an leaves the f'n house!

Also, look at "coco-puffs" (kellog brand) vs. "co-co crunchies" (big bag generic)...one has to wonder at how much of the cost is marketing,packaging,transport vs. actual minifig.

[quote name='jchasse']...As for the $$$ for the minifigs....not with my 5 year old I fucking won't...
[/QUOTE]

Aw Shit...just saw the flickr feed...forget what I just said, and commence with the anticipatory drooling...

[quote name='bigdaddy']LEGO really fucked up the minifigures, from brickset.com./...

Last but certainly not least, the collectable minifigs were on display: both series one and two. They are just so awesome and series two has just as many very cool figs as series one. Nearly every one features something unique be it a printed torso or an accessory which hasn't been available before and (I'm told) won't be used elsewhere. I learned some other facts about them: They will cost £1.99 in the UK. The yellow outer box will contain 60 minifigs. Some will be rarer than others. They won't be available in newsagents like WHS but from normal stockists. Series one will be out around May and series two in September-ish, so that gives us a reasonable time to collect them all. You can't really tell what's in the bag by feeling them as they are quite stiff. And, as the title of this article suggests, the cheerleader has a nice pair of pom-poms :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='encendido5']I don't get it, what did they fuck up? The price, rare elements, stiff boxes?[/QUOTE]

I think the stiff boxes... and 1.99 pounds is roughly what, $3?, Google says 3.21, so we could easily see this for $3 or $3.50 which is high.

At least they come with all the accessories, the magician has a wand and such, and every other figure has neat dodads to have their hands full.

I think the ability to have rare pieces and not being able to tell what is in there, "stiff boxes" is going to make purchasing them a nightmare.

I can see myself trying to open it, resealing it and returning it. I'm not going to own 15 fucking IJ clones when I haven't got one zombie yet.

The robot is pure money though, love that damn guy and the Diver and the forestman are pretty nice too. I think the lamest one may be the test dummy.... or Nurse/ IJ clone.

related to the story....
So, what wasn't on display: Bionicle, no surprise there, but also Kingdoms, the new Castle subtheme. This suggests that they will be sold only through LEGOshop.com and the brand stores.

So brand stores meaning TRU? or Target? hoping I can see them at target... seems strange they would keep a line for just S @ H.

[quote name='xycury']I think the stiff boxes... and 1.99 pounds is roughly what, $3?, Google says 3.21, so we could easily see this for $3 or $3.50 which is high.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much in line with the 3 minifigs for $10 they charge at the Lego store, so I guess it's not outrageous. Plus these are collectible, so that has to add something.

[quote name='encendido5']That's pretty much in line with the 3 minifigs for $10 they charge at the Lego store, so I guess it's not outrageous. Plus these are collectible, so that has to add something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but making some figures rare, and not being able to know what is inside are a pain in the ass kinda way.... making $3-$3.5 annoying to get the same minifig you already have while attempting to get that one rare one.

[quote name='xycury']Yeah but making some figures rare, and not being able to know what is inside are a pain in the ass kinda way.... making $3-$3.5 annoying to get the same minifig you already have while attempting to get that one rare one.[/QUOTE]

I don't get all the complaining. $3 - $4 is what most of us were predicting (with some pessimists predicting over $5 a pack). People who thought this was just going to be one complete minifig per pack or somehow easy to determine parts through feel were fooling themselves. As has been pointed out, the emphasis is on trading and collectibility, appealing to the kids and parents who already indulge in collectible card games.

I like some figs more than others, but I would like to have them all, so I'll probably end up buying a full box anyway and hoping I get one of each out of that, trading or selling the rest. Why don't we agree to set up a CAG collectible minifig part trading circle?

If LEGO is smart, they'll make individuals like the IJ guy and the magician rare, and ones you'd actually like multiples of, like the zombie, more common.

[quote name='Tybee']I don't get all the complaining. $3 - $4 is what most of us were predicting (with some pessimists predicting over $5 a pack). People who thought this was just going to be one complete minifig per pack or somehow easy to determine parts through feel were fooling themselves. As has been pointed out, the emphasis is on trading and collectibility, appealing to the kids and parents who already indulge in collectible card games.

I like some figs more than others, but I would like to have them all, so I'll probably end up buying a full box anyway and hoping I get one of each out of that, trading or selling the rest. Why don't we agree to set up a CAG collectible minifig part trading circle?

If LEGO is smart, they'll make individuals like the IJ guy and the magician rare, and ones you'd actually like multiples of, like the zombie, more common.[/QUOTE]

while I'm not too annoyed by the price, I'd like $3 than $3.50, but this is relatively close to impusle price, I'm thinking $2.50. Savings of around $15 or so, would be better for anyone for the complete set. Cheapasses and all ;)

Isn't it suppose to be complete? I thought that was the premise later proven by each one having different parts... it would be hard to mix/random them up.

I suppose the boxes are fine, but the bags would have technically been better. With tastes and all, some might like the guarenteed part of getting the one you want, versus getting annoyed at getting your 8th lame figure you don't want.

That moves to the last most crucial of it all... RARE figures, if what's being described right, it'll suck.

They should make equal of all.. or what's the point, it's not like baseball cards, and for what's there, it shouldn't be.

I'm picking up a box, 30 in a box right? so hopefully one of each.

I'll trade extras for sure! so this thread will fire up in June! :cool:

Soooo.....we are all going to trade with each other for the figs/accessories we want then? ;)

Are we gonna trade in this thread or do we have to make another one just for that? :p

[quote name='xycury']

The robot is pure money though, love that damn guy and the Diver and the forestman are pretty nice too. I think the lamest one may be the test dummy.... or Nurse/ IJ clone.

related to the story....

So brand stores meaning TRU? or Target? hoping I can see them at target... seems strange they would keep a line for just S @ H.[/QUOTE]

That's what pisses me off, LEGO could make 100,000 IJ clones and 10 zombies because they know there is a zombie fanbase. These are already rare minifigures and now they are making rare rare minifigures? That's BS.

Also don't worry about Kingdoms, sometimes LEGO doesn't show all the themes at all the Toy Fairs, they might be saving it for the German or New York ones.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's what pisses me off, LEGO could make 100,000 IJ clones and 10 zombies because they know there is a zombie fanbase. These are already rare minifigures and now they are making rare rare minifigures? That's BS.[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, so that's what you were upset about in your earlier post. I didn't catch that bit of information.

If that's the case, then yeah, it might suck. You gotta figure that certain minifigs will be far more popular than others to start with (i.e. zombie), so if Lego makes those even more rare, the secondary market on those could be really bad. Let's hope that bit of news was erroneous, or that the rare minifigs are the diver and test dummy. ;)

[quote name='BingoBrown']Ooooh, so that's what you were upset about in your earlier post. I didn't catch that bit of information.

If that's the case, then yeah, it might suck. You gotta figure that certain minifigs will be far more popular than others to start with (i.e. zombie), so if Lego makes those even more rare, the secondary market on those could be really bad. Let's hope that bit of news was erroneous, or that the rare minifigs are the diver and test dummy. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah $3 is fine for one, we figured it would be around $3, it's the rarer minifigures, unless it's randomly rarer, like one has 100,000 and another just happens to have 80,000, but we know LEGO will make the robot and zombie rarer just so we buy 100!

I'll get what I can and if I get something rare--cool! My kids totally love mini-figs, so if I get a lot of dups, I can pass it along to them and they will go nuts.

I think you guys are forgetting who Legos are marketed towards...kids. They aren't going to care if they get a complete set. Biggest problem I see is if my son opens his and gets the cheerleader or my daughter opens hers and gets the zombie.

It's funny that some are complaining about the "supposed" rarity of certain figures while at the same time stating they plan on buying the whole box. The whole damn series will be rare if I can't buy them because collectors and ebay flippers hoard them.

And I want the crash-test dummy...that way my son can crash and mutilate him instead of the Santa minifig he got for xmas. That was the second thing he did with the train set he got for xmas...run over Santa and derail the train!

[quote name='180husher']The whole damn series will be rare if I can't buy them because collectors and ebay flippers hoard them.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that will happen. Lego rarely underproduces. They might not be able to accurately gauge interest at the start, but I'm confident they'll have things going fine by the second series, at the very least.

[quote name='180husher']I think you guys are forgetting who Legos are marketed towards...kids. They aren't going to care if they get a complete set. Biggest problem I see is if my son opens his and gets the cheerleader or my daughter opens hers and gets the zombie.

It's funny that some are complaining about the "supposed" rarity of certain figures while at the same time stating they plan on buying the whole box. The whole damn series will be rare if I can't buy them because collectors and ebay flippers hoard them.[/QUOTE]

I admit, I'm a little wary of the availability of these. It was certainly a simpler time before the Internet and all the ebay/online re-sellers. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes when these are released this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='180husher']And I want the crash-test dummy...that way my son can crash and mutilate him instead of the Santa minifig he got for xmas. That was the second thing he did with the train set he got for xmas...run over Santa and derail the train![/QUOTE]

Could teach him a hard lesson. Next year, don't put out any presents and when he asks where Santa is, say, "Well, the good news is Santa is real. The bad news is he's lying dead with his legs severed under a railroad trestle."

[quote name='180husher']I think you guys are forgetting who Legos are marketed towards...kids. They aren't going to care if they get a complete set. Biggest problem I see is if my son opens his and gets the cheerleader or my daughter opens hers and gets the zombie.

It's funny that some are complaining about the "supposed" rarity of certain figures while at the same time stating they plan on buying the whole box. The whole damn series will be rare if I can't buy them because collectors and ebay flippers hoard them.

And I want the crash-test dummy...that way my son can crash and mutilate him instead of the Santa minifig he got for xmas. That was the second thing he did with the train set he got for xmas...run over Santa and derail the train![/QUOTE]

I'll gladly trade up any and all that I get..... so any "rare" ones I'll offer to complete your collection to when I get them. I worry on the hoarders to to sell on ebay, they are easy enough to snatch and make you pay $10 for them.... :(

I'm thinking of weighing each box to the microgram, that way I could tell which is which without opening, and returning the ones I don't want/trade.:booty:

Has it been confirmed that each box will contain one complete (i.e., all the corresponding parts) minifig? That would surprise me. I'm betting it's going to be mixed pieces (enough to make a minifig, albeit with motley parts), but reserve the right to be completely wrong. ;)

[quote name='Tybee']Has it been confirmed that each box will contain one complete (i.e., all the corresponding parts) minifig? That would surprise me. I'm betting it's going to be mixed pieces (enough to make a minifig, albeit with motley parts), but reserve the right to be completely wrong. ;)[/QUOTE]

We've had unconfirmed reports that they will be complete minifigs, but I don't think we've had anything official yet.

Considering the packaging though, I'd really doubt that they'd be incomplete. Lego seems to be selling these as randomly packed, but complete, minifigs.

[quote name='BingoBrown']We've had unconfirmed reports that they will be complete minifigs, but I don't think we've had anything official yet.

Considering the packaging though, I'd really doubt that they'd be incomplete. Lego seems to be selling these as randomly packed, but complete, minifigs.[/QUOTE]

I definitely think they'll be "complete" but in the sense that you'll have, say, a clown head with cheerleader hair, zombie legs, diver torso, a bow and arrow, and maybe one other piece. So technically, it makes a figure, but you'll have to trade the individual pieces to get a matched minifig. Just seems like if they put a matched minifig in each bag, you'd be more pissed since you'd likely get the same one several times. There wouldn't be much of a point to even obscuring what they were. With mixed pieces, there's more of goal to it, that being trade the pieces to get complete figures. It is LEGO, after all. The emphasis is on individual pieces over the whole, even with minifigs. Otherwise they'd just come in one piece.

I'm pretty sure they'll be complete figs, not mis-matched parts.

Anyway, here's another shot of them:

lego-minifig-16-set-collection-0.jpg

My daughter has been asking for girl ones, so she'd flip for the cheerleader. Not literally--she's only 3. :p

[quote name='BingoBrown']I doubt that will happen. Lego rarely underproduces. They might not be able to accurately gauge interest at the start, but I'm confident they'll have things going fine by the second series, at the very least.[/QUOTE]

Well that's nice because by then the cheerleader pom poms will be gone forever. :p

I'm bored at work and wanted to bump the thread. I got the Toy Story RC set and really like the RC. It has some oomph to it - wind it back and it'll speed across even carpet. The Woody minifig is way too tall, but I like the Buzz. And the Army men set is nice as well. I'm hoping that other Pixar movies get the Lego treatment - my son is on a Cars kick right now and that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back