LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has a kohl's card and needs lego watches???

I bought some of the Lego star wars watches, which are marked down to 14.99, then apply 30% off code SAVING30....and free ship over 75.00. Each watch is roughly around 11 bucks...good enough stocking stuffers.

And why can't the newspaper in France give out free legos?!!

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Anyone has a kohl's card and needs lego watches???

I bought some of the Lego star wars watches, which are marked down to 14.99, then apply 30% off code SAVING30....and free ship over 75.00. Each watch is roughly around 11 bucks...good enough stocking stuffers.

And why can't the newspaper in France give out free legos?!![/QUOTE]

I wonder if they have these in store?

Kohls are a pain in the butt in what they carry and where the stuff is located.

Also, what did the people in UK get this time? I'm still hoping those Toy Story promos and the Atlantis promos make it over here. I've already given up no the Star Wars ones. I need to start hitting up my buddy that lives over there to start picking these up for me!!!!

I was at a Target this weekend and they already had LHP Hogwarts Train on clearance...I think it was 59.xx. Can't remember off the top of my head.

[quote name='TheHelix']I was at a Target this weekend and they already had LHP Hogwarts Train on clearance...I think it was 59.xx. Can't remember off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Holy sh!t. I bet this is a YMMV thing. One store around me put one of the Hero Factory sets on clearance...but just the one.

Either way, you've got me looking now. I've been watching the Toy Story sets but so far nothing.

Went to TRU today to pick up the last MF magnet. I was trying to decide what $20 item to buy and noticed 2 different types of boxes on the Plo Koon Starfighter. One box is very glossy, and smoother to the touch, the other has more flat coloration. Are these boxes made at different production plants, or is it just a running change? Thinking back now I remember seeing this before with the Indiana Jones Tomb: one package had the glossy color and was factory taped at the sides, while the other had a flat color package and had glued flaps. Anyone know why some sets come in different style boxes? I'm just curious...

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Went to TRU today to pick up the last MF magnet. I was trying to decide what $20 item to buy and noticed 2 different types of boxes on the Plo Koon Starfighter. One box is very glossy, and smoother to the touch, the other has more flat coloration. Are these boxes made at different production plants, or is it just a running change? Thinking back now I remember seeing this before with the Indiana Jones Tomb: one package had the glossy color and was factory taped at the sides, while the other had a flat color package and had glued flaps. Anyone know why some sets come in different style boxes? I'm just curious...[/QUOTE]

Different packing plants maybe? similar to targets rebranding of old TS sets with the new TS3 white theme sets?

[quote name='egorka']Saw the Construct-a-Zurg Toy Story Walmart Exclusive set on clearance for $15.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen a Walmart where it isn't $15 lately. My kids don't want it so I probably won't get it. Of course, when it goes out of print I will then desperately need those purple pieces for a MOC.

[quote name='180husher']I haven't seen a Walmart where it isn't $15 lately. My kids don't want it so I probably won't get it. Of course, when it goes out of print I will then desperately need those purple pieces for a MOC.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem with these toys. Video games you could wait it out and see if it drops any further since 95% of the games will decrease in value anyway. These things are so collectible that you really have to buy them when you see them on sale or risk having to pay a huge scalper tax later on.

By the way, how long have you guys been collecting? I started up again about 3 years ago when I found my small Lego box in my parents house. Since then I think my collection has increased at least ten-fold.

My birthday is on Saturday and I'm getting this set...

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6270-1

Hopefully it's complete.

I don't collect, I just buy what I like that's on sale. The last few years I have bought way less because I have better things to spend it on. However I have had LEGOs since Wolfman Castle days and Ice Planet, those are the first sets I remember having. I stopped caring (not really a dark age) around 1999-2002 because LEGO made shit products. However I made up for it big time with World City starting in 2003, those sets were great and and a last turn to the great old style of Town. Plus I got my train around then, and needed things for the train, but I never got a crane! D'oh!

[quote name='bigdaddy']My birthday is on Saturday and I'm getting this set...

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6270-1

Hopefully it's complete.[/QUOTE]

I have that set. Got it when it was released. I was 11 and it was one of the bigger sets I had when I was a kid (I think the only bigger sets I had were two castles). It is a nice set but pretty sparse; not much body to it. Still, I loved all those pirate sets and still have most of the ones released around that time.

[quote name='illennium']I have that set. Got it when it was released. I was 11 and it was one of the bigger sets I had when I was a kid (I think the only bigger sets I had were two castles). It is a nice set but pretty sparse; not much body to it. Still, I loved all those pirate sets and still have most of the ones released around that time.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that too, it has 180 parts, and Brickset says it was like $40. That's insane. However it has a cool baseplate, and my mom only paid around $13. So if it's complete I'll be happy. Plus they no longer make the good palm trees, so it has one and a lot of leaves. I'll see on Saturday.

I used to have that set when I was a kid too, pretty good set I still have the base plate, a few of the early pirate sets actually used them. At least from what I remember. I used to actually have wars with between the soldiers and pirates. LoL... I even used to take the little red boats to the bath tub with me, they floated really well.

Happy B-Day, Big Daddy!

Over the next couple of months I am going to be selling a whole bunch of complete and near-complete sets dating back to the late 80s. I just don't have the space for them anymore. Where is the best place to sell them? eBay? I am looking for a good balance between dollar return and ease of listing. Thanks in advance.

(I would offer them here but to be honest I want to make as much money back as possible given how much I've spent on these.)

[quote name='skiizim']

Happy B-Day, Big Daddy![/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'm getting to the age where everyone thinks I should be acting old, like 50 years old, settling down, blah blah blah. And I'm like "Screw that, I'm going trick or treating! :lol:

[quote name='illennium']Over the next couple of months I am going to be selling a whole bunch of complete and near-complete sets dating back to the late 80s. I just don't have the space for them anymore. Where is the best place to sell them? eBay? I am looking for a good balance between dollar return and ease of listing. Thanks in advance.

(I would offer them here but to be honest I want to make as much money back as possible given how much I've spent on these.)[/QUOTE]

I'd stick them on bricklink.com. More so if they are complete with box and/or instructions. Sadly the bricklink guy died the other day.

[quote name='illennium']Over the next couple of months I am going to be selling a whole bunch of complete and near-complete sets dating back to the late 80s. I just don't have the space for them anymore. Where is the best place to sell them? eBay? I am looking for a good balance between dollar return and ease of listing. Thanks in advance.

(I would offer them here but to be honest I want to make as much money back as possible given how much I've spent on these.)[/QUOTE]
I'd go with eBay. Although eBay has a higher surcharge, there are more people who buy LEGO through eBay because #1 - Those potential buyers don't know about Bricklink #2 - Buyers have an incentive to buy through eBay - earning eBay dollars! #3 No guessing on shipping and worrying about handling/supply fees like Bricklink sellers usually apply.

I was at Target earlier today and noticed another polybag set that was released a couple years ago - #4900 City Fire Helicpoter w/ minifig. Price is $3.99! Price for these bags seems to be rising every year.

Yeah they are, but it could be Target's price increase like with the minifigures. However that set looks decent and a little bigger.

[quote name='mickeyp']I got a week 3 retro magnet from TRU today. I traded back a week 2 retro magnet for it. The only one I am missing now is week 1.[/QUOTE]

Ha I just happen to have an extra Week 1 magnet...;)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Thank you! I'm getting to the age where everyone thinks I should be acting old, like 50 years old, settling down, blah blah blah. And I'm like "Screw that, I'm going trick or treating! :lol:

I'd stick them on bricklink.com. More so if they are complete with box and/or instructions. Sadly the bricklink guy died the other day.[/QUOTE]

What are you dressing up as? I'm going for Walking dead football player, like the one in PvZ.

[quote name='prim4444']While on the polybag subject, the snowman and christmas tree are hitting TRU now.[/QUOTE]

Are they the same ones like last year? I just picked up the other holiday bags that Lego.com had.

I'll have to see if TRU has some.

Well Farm & Fleet, a local hardware/farm store had their Toyland and they have alot of sets for 15% less than retail. I'm hoping they have some left to mark even lower after chrismas.

They also had 2 boxes of Minifigs!!!! If I knew that when they released, I would have done the rummaging.

So far, after 4 passes through both boxes, I got a Spartan, and a couple of Vampires, Witches and Pharoahs.

Good god, this is going to be a nightmare come Jan when Series 3 comes out.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Thank you! I'm getting to the age where everyone thinks I should be acting old, like 50 years old, settling down, blah blah blah. And I'm like "Screw that, I'm going trick or treating! :lol:
[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter how old you are to do what makes you feel happy! At least that's the way I see it.

@illenium, ebay would probably be your best bet to make profit but at the same time your going to get a bunch of assholes that will lie and make false claims too. e.g Take the minifigs out of the box and send it back and making up what ever story they want.

Just an FYI, I know I would be interested in hearing what you have if you ever make a list of what your going to get rid of. Even, if you want to make profit Ebay & PayPal fees will get you. Just giving some people a heads up here might balance it out considering you can make a deal, it wouldn't hurt.

If the complete sets are near mint and include box and instructions, i would put them up on Amazon. People pay much higher prices there than on ebay. Just recently, I sold a new Dwarve's Mine for $135 when the ebay average price was around $100 and the IJ Temple of Akator for $150 when the ebay average was around $125

If they're not complete / mint, I would put them on ebay or bricklink because Amazon buyers are pretty picky. Bricklink prices are lower in general but you don't get hit with the crazy amount of fees as ebay.

Whatever you decide though, post the link here so I can take a look :)

[quote name='mickeyp']I got a week 3 retro magnet from TRU today. I traded back a week 2 retro magnet for it. The only one I am missing now is week 1.[/QUOTE]

I got an extra week 1 magnet hiding somewhere, what are you willing to trade?

[quote name='illennium']I have that set. Got it when it was released. I was 11 and it was one of the bigger sets I had when I was a kid (I think the only bigger sets I had were two castles). It is a nice set but pretty sparse; not much body to it. Still, I loved all those pirate sets and still have most of the ones released around that time.[/QUOTE]

I still have that set as well from back in the day (though I was a little older than you -- maybe mid-teens -- when they came out). I'm pretty sure it's complete and sitting in a gallon ziploc bag in my basement. I loved those pirate sets.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']TRU 2-DAY Doorbusters ad for today and tomorrow shows Woody's Roundup for $35.74.

Target also announces they'll be doing a pre-Black Firday sale starting the 21st with toys close to half off!http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/target-announces-spectacular-pre.aspx

I hope we see better discounts this year compared to last year.[/QUOTE]

That's not all... Saw this on FW for TRU:

Woody's Round Up #7594 $35.74, Retail $49.99
Construct A Buzz #7592 $18.19, Retail $24.99
Bricks & More 221 Piece Tub $0 Retail $14.99 - automatically added to your cart, free with $50 non-SW Lego purchase
Add coupon 939831 for $10 off $50. Coupon does not stack with their site-wide free shipping on $100 purchase
For free shipping, sign up for ShopRunner free 30-day trial (similar to Prime).
works out to around 49% off retail. $43.93 +Tax

Target xmas coupon book...

1-$5.00 off Lego Toy
Harry Potter Hagrids Hut
Star Wars Cad Bane's Speeder
Toy Story 3 Pizza Planet Truck
City Advent Calendar
City House
or Atlantis Undersea Explorer

1- $5.00 off Lego Game (Ramses Pyramid or Creationary)

I just pulled it from SD... so dont' know how long or when they start but Cust Serv should have some available.

The set is missing some good pieces like the parrot, monkey, a shotgun, two swords, and the set only has two minifigures, an admiral that doesn't come with the set and another "good guy" and there are no pirates. :lol:

However when a battle pack type set is $11 plus tax, $12.50 for what I have isn't bad at all.

Plus the canon fires and I never thought they did way back when.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The set is missing some good pieces like the parrot, monkey, a shotgun, two swords, and the set only has two minifigures, an admiral that doesn't come with the set and another "good guy" and there are no pirates. :lol:

However when a battle pack type set is $11 plus tax, $12.50 for what I have isn't bad at all.

Plus the canon fires and I never thought they did way back when.[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday!

That's still pretty good for an old set. I have 3 or 4 old canons, but none of them fire so I wonder if it was only certain sets that had them.

I posted a small tutorial about polishing dirty and scratched up bricks on Flickr. If anybody is interested, here's the link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/29290522@N05/sets/72157625144935055/
If you're lazy, here's the before and after :)

5126837269_5b3c466a6e.jpg
5126836055_53e46650b9.jpg

I also finally got around to putting together the Hogwarts Castle I got at a yard sale last week. The only pieces missing were a couple of bricks, a paper wall, Ron, Hermione, Draco's head, Harry's cape, and a knight visor. Needless to say, I am very happy :)

[quote name='skiizim']Damn, that polish really made them look clean. Quick question though, did it leave a waxy feel or any residue on them?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it leaves kind a of greasy surface, but after I washed the wall with dishwash soap, the residue was gone. The dishwash soap gets rid of the greasiness. You do the same thing with cars after polishing to make sure the surface of the paint is clean and ready for wax.

[quote name='xycury']Target xmas coupon book...

1-$5.00 off Lego Toy
Harry Potter Hagrids Hut
Star Wars Cad Bane's Speeder
Toy Story 3 Pizza Planet Truck
City Advent Calendar
City House
or Atlantis Undersea Explorer

1- $5.00 off Lego Game (Ramses Pyramid or Creationary)

I just pulled it from SD... so dont' know how long or when they start but Cust Serv should have some available.[/QUOTE]
Sale starts this Wednesday, November 3 and lasts through Wednesday, November 24.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I was at Target and they had several Atlantis sets for $3 - $9 off of this year's sets. I mean the newest wave of sets. I needed to get to the bus so I didn't church too much.

Also had 3-4 of each 30032 which has an awesome backprint and 30042 which I haven't opened yet for $3 each.

For those who can get into a Navy Exchange, they were advertising Vol 2 minifigs at 1.99, which is awesome if you can get in, because NEX doesn't charge sales tax.

Is there a way to tell which minifigures are in the bags? There's some at my local borders, so we got 2 which were the one with maracas and the other was disco Stu. They had more but it seems every product number on the bags are identical.

[quote name='boneless']Is there a way to tell which minifigures are in the bags? There's some at my local borders, so we got 2 which were the one with maracas and the other was disco Stu. They had more but it seems every product number on the bags are identical.[/QUOTE]
How much were they? My Borders had a box plus some because they were $4 when they should be $2.

This Borders also is hugely expanding the LEGO section. One good size shelf for Duplo, one for City, two for Star Wars, one for HP and one for random sets like Creature and the horrible Advent Calendar.

From Amazon
The Toy Story 3 train is $60 (I would look at it in a store first because it's oddly scaled and looks funny)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Story-We...DTMQAW/ref=pd_ts_t_7?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

Army Men are slightly cheaper, I still need to buy it.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Toy-Stor...L7VX4/ref=pd_ts_t_36?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

Tank Truck is $15
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-City-Tank-Truck-3180/dp/B003F80KC2/ref=pd_ts_t_24?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

So is the Atlantis Scorpio thing
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO®-Atlanti...84KIC/ref=pd_ts_t_85?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
I was browsing the Shop@Home site today and noticed a few sets that are currently sold out or "call to check availability". Usually when they reach this status, they don't ever come back:

5974 Space Police Galactic Enforcer
7637 City Farm
8401 City Minifigure Collection
40010 Santa With Sleigh

8401 is still readily available almost everywhere else. Your best bet for finding 7637 is at TRU on clearance or the LEGO retail stores. You might still find 5974 at TRU and LEGO retail stores and on clearance at Wal-Mart. The only retail place to find 40010 now would be a LEGO store. Happy hunting! Oh, and there is a rumor going around that Green Grocer and The Death Star will be discontinued by the end of the year, but you all know how rumors on the net are, so take that with a grain of salt. I would bet the Death Star rumor is true: it was missing from the Fall catalog, then came back in the holiday catalog with the additional note "Limited Quantity".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes around the holidays LEGO puts "Sold Out" on products they don't think will be ready to arrive at people's houses before Christmas. However two of those four sets (5974 and 7637) are known to be discontinued.

8401 is actually on sale on Amazon for like a buck or so off.

Valid 10/31 through 11/6: 20% off all Star Wars LEGOs, plus an additional 10% off any toy using the coupon in the weekly flyer. Examples: Before applying the coupon, Wampa Cave is $31.99, Slave 1 is $63.99, and Clone Turbo Tank is $95.99. In total, you will save about 28% off of each set.

They were $4, I bought only 2 but I was trying to figure out which is which. The UPC was the same as well as the 4-digit lego ID and every other number it seemed. The did have some Harry Potter stuff including Hogwarts just in time for my son's b-day next week.

Toysrus and Target are a bit far for me, borders is closer even though more expensive.

[quote name='bigdaddy']How much were they? My Borders had a box plus some because they were $4 when they should be $2.

This Borders also is hugely expanding the LEGO section. One good size shelf for Duplo, one for City, two for Star Wars, one for HP and one for random sets like Creature and the horrible Advent Calendar.

From Amazon
The Toy Story 3 train is $60 (I would look at it in a store first because it's oddly scaled and looks funny)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Story-We...DTMQAW/ref=pd_ts_t_7?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

Army Men are slightly cheaper, I still need to buy it.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Toy-Stor...L7VX4/ref=pd_ts_t_36?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

Tank Truck is $15
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO®-City-Ta...80KC2/ref=pd_ts_t_24?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

So is the Atlantis Scorpio thing
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO®-Atlanti...84KIC/ref=pd_ts_t_85?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know about the sale at FM, Zepphead. Happy Belated bday to Bigdaddy too.

Toysrus has 10% back in rewards now until Dec, 24, 2010, up to 50.00. Not the best, but I'm sure they'll have some good deals for Xmas.

Earn 10% Back on your holiday purchases at Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us, in-store or online, from October 31 – December 24, 2010.
Receive up to $50 “R”Us Dollars during this period. All “R”Us Dollar certificates sent via email.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Valid 10/31 through 11/6: 20% off all Star Wars LEGOs, plus an additional 10% off any toy using the coupon in the weekly flyer. Examples: Before applying the coupon, Wampa Cave is $31.99, Slave 1 is $63.99, and Clone Turbo Tank is $95.99. In total, you will save about 28% off of each set.[/QUOTE]

Stopped by target to get some Halloween stuff on sale and saw bunch of Lego minifigs bunched with the Halloween stuff on sale for 50% off. Ymmv of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back