LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FadeToOne']I know which one you are referring to. I think they are all Super Walmarts around here though. They do everything Super sized in Texas.[/QUOTE]

In my experience 80% of the stores everywhere are now supersized.

Texas super sizing everything, having guns and such, is just because all the cowboys there have small penises. ;) I would know. :lol:

I went to TRU to get my check. I worked overnight 8 days and got paid $600. Time for new bike. It brings up some questions about an ex friend of mine.

Sadly I think someone came in today and bought ALL the minifigures at TRU. I was really looking forward to buying 3 of them. LEGO really needs to stop this bullshit, keep the price $2 and sell two series a year for 6 months and not four series for 6 weeks. Series 3 is pretty weak already copying some of the past minifigures from series 2 yet not doing another cheerleader. Do we already need another surfer? The sumo guy is horrible.

Most likely this year's (I typed next year's first, it's 2011 now, happy new year.) Star Wars mini sets at Target during the holidays....

http://toysnbricks.com/blog/lego-star-wars-30052-30053-lego-creator-30025/

Last edited by a moderator:
So I noticed the new Harry Potter set is an Exclusive. What's the best strategy to get this one for less than msrp?

I usually wait on a B&N or Borders coupon.

[quote name='okc0r']So I noticed the new Harry Potter set is an Exclusive. What's the best strategy to get this one for less than msrp?
[/QUOTE]

Waiting to see if Amazon gets it and use the free shipping and no tax.

They very rarely go on sale.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I know which one you are referring to. I think they are all Super Walmarts around here though. They do everything Super sized in Texas.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I heard your McDonald's has a 50-piece chicken nugget meal? :whistle2:#

[quote name='bigdaddy']Texas super sizing everything, having guns and such, is just because all the cowboys there have small penises. ;) I would know. :lol:[/QUOTE] You know 'cause you've seen them or are you admitting to something?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S@H updated itself again and they had the pig farm and the horse trailer back in stock, got the $5 off code right about to check out and GONE! SOLD OUT!

I will now cry in the corner. :lol:

The Postal Plane set is on sale in store for $3.50. That set is long gone, but if you see it buy a few. I don't have it but it looks like an awesome set.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Yeah, I heard your McDonald's has a 50-piece chicken nugget meal? :whistle2:#

You know 'cause you've seen them or are you admitting to something?[/QUOTE]

I worked at a McDonalds, we also had a 50 piece chicken shit in Mass. However we don't have small penises.

I have seen them... ;)

Actually one guy had a nice dick from Texas, I should get back in touch with him again... :lol:

What the hell is going on in here? :lol:

Picked up a Midi-Scale Imperial Cruiser for $16, an Echo Base (7749) for $12 (it was opened, but all parts and minifigs seems to be present, no additional discount for open box :whistle2:x), and a Construct-A-Buzz (7592) for $12 at Walmart. Echo Base has a Tauntaun, awesome.

[quote name='encendido5']I just picked up the wampa cave for $22.50 and woodys roundup for $25 with the borders coupon, thanks aunt![/QUOTE]

sweet. :)

i managed to get a darth vader's tie for $17. love that 50%-off coupon.

swung by TRU and picked up three little kingdoms sets for the B2G1. they had a banged-up indy set shoved on the shelf but it scanned at full price -- very disappointing.

checked out a different walmart and it was a big snooze. they'd marked everything (boo) and therefore everything was gone. why can't any of my walmarts mark down the slave I?! this was the third walmart i checked and it was full price at all of them.

I didn't even know Borders carried Legos. Will have to check it out tomorrow and bring the coupon since I'll probably be out that way anyway. Finished the Echo Base; nice little set.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I didn't even know Borders carried Legos. [/QUOTE]

They might have a few sets, it's completely random what they have in at any given time, it's usually not much.

Edit - I finally decide to buy the wind mill set, $31.49 shipped with BR120, because my mom is like "Return 8191 Lavatraz, and buy some on sale online". I have to return my own gift and then buy my own Christmas gift. :lol:

I now really wish I bought the pig farm, the city house (still ugly but I like the minifgies), and the horse trailer. It would have been

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Yeah, I heard your McDonald's has a 50-piece chicken nugget meal? :whistle2:#

You know 'cause you've seen them or are you admitting to something?[/QUOTE]

Never provoke the blatantly gay, Jay ;) Now can we move on from discussion of dicks in the LEGO thread Big ... unless LEGO is coming out with a new anatomy series ...

dt23_01b.jpg
... uh oh

[quote name='etcrane']Never provoke the blatantly gay, Jay ;) Now can we move on from discussion of dicks in the LEGO thread Big ... unless LEGO is coming out with a new anatomy series ...

dt23_01b.jpg
... uh oh[/QUOTE]

They call be big daddy for a reason...

Actually they called me it years ago because I hate children. :lol:

Blantly gay?! Gay guys can't tell I'm gay at all, makes me happy and sad at the same time. Now back to the LEGOs. :p

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I didn't even know Borders carried Legos. Will have to check it out tomorrow and bring the coupon since I'll probably be out that way anyway. Finished the Echo Base; nice little set.[/QUOTE]

their stock varies -- my local borders focuses more on duplos but still has battle packs, small city sets, and medium-sized SW sets. the borders an hour away has triple the amount of lego and carries larger sets.

keep your eyes peeled for barnes & noble coupons as well; my b&n carries HP and SW lego sets that are MSRP and they offer occasional 33%-off coupons. they've excluded lego online from most of their coupon deals, but you can still get the deals at your local store.

I ordered some power functions parts and such from S@H and for some reason it gave me 10% off. When I added other sets to the order they didn't get the 10% discount. I don't have a clue why, but I'll take the $4. I also could not get code B905 to work, but the older BR120 did give me $5 off. Considering these don't get sold elsewhere much (TRU mark-up is silly on these not to mention OOS) now might be a good time to get them.

[quote name='180husher']I ordered some power functions parts and such from S@H and for some reason it gave me 10% off. When I added other sets to the order they didn't get the 10% discount. I don't have a clue why, but I'll take the $4. I also could not get code B905 to work, but the older BR120 did give me $5 off. Considering these don't get sold elsewhere much (TRU mark-up is silly on these not to mention OOS) now might be a good time to get them.[/QUOTE]

I was looking into buying some but don't have a clue about them. If you buy things in bulk, like the old bags of 50 1x4s brick bags before PaB you get a discount. They used to do the same with train tracks, and I think building plates.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Has anyone tried to motorize the windmill?[/QUOTE]

Just built it a couple days ago. If you'd want the end result to look like the finished set, I don't think you could motorize it. You'd either need something like a substation at the bottom and hide the motor in that or just replace the top portion with the motor plus the blades. The windmill itself is fairly plain in terms of construction, the more involved part of that build is the transport truck.

[quote name='aunt beast']i'm really annoyed i keep missing the horse trailer on S@H.[/QUOTE]

Preach it sister!

I decided to buy the windmill because I don't care if it looks different, I think it would be neat to try to get it to work. The truck was useless to me until I thought about how I could stick my Space Port shuttle on it.

[quote name='aunt beast']have you seen this motorized windmill?

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4999-1[/QUOTE]

That's the reason we got the windmill transport set. People wanted that set so much LEGO made a cheaper one with a truck because they thought it would sell better. They were wrong. :lol:

I really hate the "new" third party company that does the LEGO orders the last couple years. They are such a joke, I don't now why LEGO hasn't fired their asses. On the website when I ordered it went "10-15 days to ship, can take 11 days to process". What the fuck?!?! Shipping is insanely expensive, and it will take 3 weeks?!?! 11 days for the warehouse people to get off their ass? I live 20-30 minutes north of Enfield CT, I ordered a LEGO set at 9:06pm one weekday, it went out to be shipped shortly after 10pm. That's 1 hour and not 11 days. It was in West Springfield MA around 3am and I had it in my hands at around noon the next day!

11 days for processing.... insane....

S@H reload ..

never mind ..

by the time i got it in my cart it was gone again !*#&$*#!&$

they do have the single-drum roller (7746) for $14.98. sigh.

[quote name='aunt beast']S@H reload ..

never mind ..

by the time i got it in my cart it was gone again !*#&$*#!&$

they do have the single-drum roller (7746) for $14.98. sigh.[/QUOTE]

To cheer you up I doubt the thing was every back in stock, those orders were most likely canceled.

I check like every hour now hoping some City sets come back in stock. If they do as soon as I order some I'll tell you. :)

[quote name='aunt beast']i was alerting CAG before i even had my order in properly! :)[/QUOTE]

Well there is your mistake, you will learn. :lol:

I did the same thing and to get the $5 off coupon and bye-bye the items went.

I'm also checking because PoP is 50% off at the store, but not online. I hope they add those soon. I want the castle and the market.

Didn't they only sell that windmill in limited quantities to employees of that company or something like that? I thought it was cool but got turned away by the atrocious eBay prices.

I actually deliver to a place where they build and manufacture the windmills, its jaw dropping just seeing how big those things really are.

[quote name='skiizim']Didn't they only sell that windmill in limited quantities to employees of that company or something like that? I thought it was cool but got turned away by the atrocious eBay prices.

I actually deliver to a place where they build and manufacture the windmills, its jaw dropping just seeing how big those things really are.[/QUOTE]

Yes and it's like a $300 set to the Vista people.

South of Boston in Hull mass the high school has the most beautiful school view possible with the water 40 feet away and views of Boston. There is one you can stand next to that powers the school. HUGE.

Picked up LEGO Space Police Central 5985 for $67.98 at Target tonight ... not really happy with the price but it seems to be selling out everywhere else as Space Police disappear. I believe it was less at Walmart, but has anyone seen it for less at Target or anywhere else for that matter?

It's one of the few base sets that I actually want because it reminds me of the childhood space bases LEGO used to make before they started doing the whole "it only looks cool from the front" style of design rather than square bases.

[quote name='etcrane']Picked up LEGO Space Police Central 5985 for $67.98 at Target tonight ... not really happy with the price but it seems to be selling out everywhere else as Space Police disappear. I believe it was less at Walmart, but has anyone seen it for less at Target or anywhere else for that matter?

It's one of the few base sets that I actually want because it reminds me of the childhood space bases LEGO used to make before they started doing the whole "it only looks cool from the front" style of design rather than square bases.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wish I could get it for half off, best base in 15+ years. Plus it's a base, recently LEGO "bases" have been big trucks, and it's the only set from last year that contains a rare, endangered baseplate!!!

Some of the Summer sets...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7885/1293261436367.jpg

We also get a mouse and trap, and yellow Creator car, a big one.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Some of the Summer sets...

We also get a mouse and trap, and yellow Creator car, a big one.[/QUOTE]
Really like all the Kingdom sets (I think this has become my favorite line of LEGOs these days), and the Creator Houses are always nice. It is weird to me that 3 of the 4 Cars sets have Lightning McQueen, a little more variety seems good. The Cafe seems like the only one worth getting, unless you must have Mack.
I really wish they could have come up with something better for the Sith Infiltrator as well. It looked like shit the first time, and it only looks marginally better this time around.

Alright folks, I know Walmart clearance has already happened, but Target is just getting started ... I'm gonna be watching the local Targets and this thread like a hawk for drops further than 15%, so hopefully we can all work together to score some great Target clearance deals this month!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah I wish I could get it for half off, best base in 15+ years. Plus it's a base, recently LEGO "bases" have been big trucks, and it's the only set from last year that contains a rare, endangered baseplate!!!

Wow I dig a lot of those sets. That Supercar Technic set is awesome, too. Reminds me of the huge original Technic Chassis "with working 3 gear stick shift" I had as a kid, back in the late 70's IIRC.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

I'll be spending some money this summer. There are actually sets in every theme I like enough to buy.

I used my $25 in TRU rewards to pick up some Ninjago starter sets for the kids. If you spend $20 on Ninjago stuff you get a free card and card album...better than nothing.

[quote name='ackbar7']
I really wish they could have come up with something better for the Sith Infiltrator as well. It looked like shit the first time, and it only looks marginally better this time around.[/QUOTE]

This is actually the third one I think. I like it just because it brings Maal back.

I really like the alien sets, the human sets are crap. :lol: I wish it was a little more evened out like Agents was.

Loving those headcrab aliens from Alien Conquest ...

Am I the only one who's disappointed that Lego Star Wars is heavily returning to Episode 1 ... can't we just forget that awful awful movie and get a remade Return of the Jedi set or two ... new Sail Barge or Jabba's Palace with more detail ... or hell, how bout you finally release a Rancor set LEGO ...

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

I think I'll finally get that MF I've wanted after all! I love the Lighthouse and Hillside House also. It's going to be one hell of an expensive birthday month of June.

If anyone wants to trade any minifigures from Series 3 let me know.

I'm looking for:

The Rapper
Samurai
Mummy

I can offer:

The Pilot
Sumo Wrestler
Chief
Gorilla Suit

PM me!!

Ah, then people complain about them remaking stuff. But honestly, that's probably what I would like to see, too. I have only collected LEGO stuff for a short time, so a chance to get some cool sets from the older movies would be great. I got a few Star Wars set for Christmas that consisted of prequel/Clone War stuff, and while I enjoyed putting them together, I had lot more fun with the midi Star Destroyer.

[quote name='etcrane']Picked up LEGO Space Police Central 5985 for $67.98 at Target tonight ... not really happy with the price but it seems to be selling out everywhere else as Space Police disappear. I believe it was less at Walmart, but has anyone seen it for less at Target or anywhere else for that matter?

It's one of the few base sets that I actually want because it reminds me of the childhood space bases LEGO used to make before they started doing the whole "it only looks cool from the front" style of design rather than square bases.[/QUOTE]

I found that set last weekend for 50% off at the Lego store, that's your best bet getting it the cheapest unless you can get it 75% off at Target.

I really like a lot of the Summer sets too, I just hope Kingdoms gets more love than the 4 sets they have shown. At least they didn't discontinue the series I guess, like there doing with pretty much a lot of there themes.

EDIT: I'm glad they are redoing EP 1, even the movie was a fail so were a lot of those sets. Lego pretty much started out EP 1 with there Star Wars sets. I really like the new figures and hope they come out with another mtt.

LEGO makes 40 Star Wars sets a year anyways, 30 of them are on the horrible Clone Wars TV show. They really should make a few OS like a tie fighter. I can't believe LEGO doesn't have a tie with Darth Vador. Insane.

I guess LEGO realized they haven't made Episode 1 recently so they need to remake those sets. Makes sense, it's been such a long time. LEGO has yet to announce that Star Wars is continuing, no matter what those little cunts on Eurobricks say. So if the deal falls apart have a nice mixture of sets for the final year.

I really like the Alien Conquest, really fun. The "base" truck has a human that I think is turning into an alien, it's really neat. This and Kingdoms could be my favorite themes, even though I think Kingdoms 2010 was lame and boring.

BTW - Those aren't all the sets, I just stole that picture because it was easy. :lol: There are A LOT more Cars sets and PotC.

Yeah, early SW Lego in general were pretty bad .. but then, LEGO in general has sort of evolved the way gaming has. You can look at early LEGO as the 8 bit, classic gen ... then you get sort of muddy, mediocre sets in the middle with a few stand outs and then the current gen of LEGO which imho is the best LEGO has ever been when you consider the modular sets and some of the larger collectible sets, not to mention basic improvements in the sets being more accurate to the other media they are recreating (aside from the change from yellow to flesh tone if you're a traditionalist ... but I couldn't care less).

So yeah, it's true that it's good that they are remaking old sets .. I'm just so sick of the Clone Wars / Episode 1 taking precedent over the more traditional Star Wars stuff (granted, they did just revisit the hell out of Empire and part of RoTJ)

I honestly can't wait for alien conquest, the theme to me seems very, very cool and right up my alley.

On a side note, I'm a Star Wars dork and I really enjoy the sets they come out with. I stayed away from it for years because I knew how overboard I would go buying sets. I literally have multiples of many sets just so I really can have an army. I do wish they would bring back the Ties though, I really hate relying on eBay for older sets, the one that has been haunting me is Jango Fetts Slave I.

EDIT: I can't wait till Lego revisits ROTJ, I really want a new Jabba Sail Barge and I know it's coming.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah I wish I could get it for half off, best base in 15+ years. Plus it's a base, recently LEGO "bases" have been big trucks, and it's the only set from last year that contains a rare, endangered baseplate!!!

Thanks for the link! Time to sell the old incomplete 7190 MF to make room for the new one.

Woohoo! Another white house with a red roof! :roll:

I agree with others about the Infiltrator. That is one ugly ship, but I guess it brings back Darth Maul and Padme

[quote name='ackbar7']Really like all the Kingdom sets (I think this has become my favorite line of LEGOs these days)...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']I really like a lot of the Summer sets too, I just hope Kingdoms gets more love than the 4 sets they have shown.[/QUOTE]

another vote for Kingdoms -- love that line. i love the new sets coming out; i was just hoping they were going to do some sort of dragon faction castle or fortress.

if you have kids, 5929 - the knight and castle building set (not an official member of the kingdoms line) is great. it comes with a small idea book and your kid can free build to his or her heart's content. not a lot of bricks but a good door, windows, barrel, etc., and a lot of fun for the bricks/price. this set replaces 6193 (castle building set) which is a knight and a lot of plain bricks and a small catapult. and it's available at my borders. ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Am I the only one who's disappointed that Lego Star Wars is heavily returning to Episode 1 ... can't we just forget that awful awful movie and get a remade Return of the Jedi set or two ... new Sail Barge or Jabba's Palace with more detail ... or hell, how bout you finally release a Rancor set LEGO ... [/QUOTE]

at least ep 1 isn't clone wars, but no, you're not the only one! at least the lack of other OT sets makes choosing my birthday present ultra easy this year. :)

[quote name='skiizim']I do wish they would bring back the Ties though, I really hate relying on eBay for older sets, the one that has been haunting me is Jango Fetts Slave I..[/QUOTE]

jango's is the only slave I i don't have, so i want that one back as well!

side note to bigdaddy -- there is a darth vader's tie (8017); that's the set that i just nabbed with the borders 50%-off coupon. we just need some regular ties...

[quote name='etcrane']You can look at early LEGO as the 8 bit, classic gen ...[/QUOTE]

maybe it's just me, but i love those 1999 8-bit ships. i pick them up on ebay when i can get them cheap. the new sets are much slicker, but the old ones make me want to sit down and play. :D

I am willing to trade a complete series 1 set of mini figures or a complete set of series 2 mini figures for a complete set of series 3 mini figures and 5$ for shipping since series 1 and 2 are no longer available pm me if interested.

my bad, i guess 7947 prison tower rescue has a place for the dragon knights to hang out. i just need to find it on clearance somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back