Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen any bugs mentioned for Mission Impossible. Is it more functional that  the other Season 2 stuff, or is it just easily the least popular?

These are my "WTF" prices that make me want to just buy everything I'm missing. I'm tempted to get the Simpsons stuff. I keep procrastinating it. The Simpsons level pack isn't in stock on Amazon, which makes me worry it will be hard to find soon. Am I crazy for thinking season 1 stuff will be hard to find at cheap prices in the near future or am I crazy. Maybe Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Toys R Us still have a lot of stock. 

I only ordered the Mission Impossible pack and the Harry Potter Team Pack. There were "less than 3 in stock" at all of my stores and shipping isn't available right now.

It's the same for the Ghostbusters Story Pack. How much content is in this to make it $19.99? I might end up buying it later if it's still in stock anywhere. I still haven't even watched the new movie. Friends have told me it's not bad, but it's not spectacular either. 

I don't think it's crazy to assume the year 1stuff will eventually dry up at retail, we're lready seeing it with some packs. The thing that's different with Dimensions vs the other toys 2 life stuff is that there's still a demand for lego outside of the video game. Even more so because some of the dimensions minifigs are exclusive to the game and aren't available anywhere else.

These are my "WTF" prices that make me want to just buy everything I'm missing. I'm tempted to get the Simpsons stuff. I keep procrastinating it. The Simpsons level pack isn't in stock on Amazon, which makes me worry it will be hard to find soon. Am I crazy for thinking season 1 stuff will be hard to find at cheap prices in the near future or am I crazy. Maybe Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Toys R Us still have a lot of stock.

I only ordered the Mission Impossible pack and the Harry Potter Team Pack. There were "less than 3 in stock" at all of my stores and shipping isn't available right now.

It's the same for the Ghostbusters Story Pack. How much content is in this to make it $19.99? I might end up buying it later if it's still in stock anywhere. I still haven't even watched the new movie. Friends have told me it's not bad, but it's not spectacular either.
At $50, its too much for a story Pack. $20 is an awesome price for it.

It includes 6 full levels and covers the entirety of the film. I imagine its the same for the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and The Lego Batman Movie sets.

I was in the same boat as you but I had $5 dollars in Rewards so I jumped on it without knowing what's going on.

After doing some research I got pretty excited

You get:

Abby Yates:
After completing the story pack's levels, you're also able to switch between the other 3 members of the 2016 team (Erin, Holtzmann, and Patty). The other three members have different abilities from Abby, such as Erin's silver LEGO blowup, Holtzmann's fix-it, and Patty's strength, meaning you're getting quite a few abilities with just one minifig.

Ecto-1:
The Ecto-1 is a fairly standard vehicle and is able to use tow areas in its base form. When fully upgraded it has the ability to fly and can spray water, which are always nice to have.

6 new levels

Customize Lego Toy Pay with Zhu's Chinese Restaurant build

New Ghostbusters Adventure World

Exclusive battle arena

So for $15 its a win win for me.

fuck ended up spending way too much money on these and regret is kicking in (and I didn't even get the GB story pack). Granted I was at the Lego Store like two weeks ago and it was pretty mind blowing what normal lego pieces go for... really makes me glad I don't have kids.

Also noticed the Harry Potter Lego Games got released on the new consoles. I always wanted to get my hands on those, which reminds me how much bang for your buck you get with the normal games.

Ugh, just came across the BBY sale today and can't decide what to get... giving the base game to my son at his birthday party in a week and I've already stocked up on most of what he'll need from last years packs for birthday/Christmas gifts.

Figured I'll at least get Adventure Time and hope there's a patch soon... on the fence for the Ghostbusters pack.  I know it has a lot more than other level packs and I see there's some love for it here but something about seeing that $20 price tag when everything else is so cheap just makes me stall lol... i wonder if after I play the base game with him in a week if I'll be kicking myself for not picking it up.

Is $10 for the team packs pretty good too?  Seems like last years hit lower then that but I could be mistaken...

EDIT:  fuck... Adventure Time was available at my local store in my cart ready to go and now it's gone...

I don't think it's crazy to assume the year 1stuff will eventually dry up at retail, we're lready seeing it with some packs. The thing that's different with Dimensions vs the other toys 2 life stuff is that there's still a demand for lego outside of the video game. Even more so because some of the dimensions minifigs are exclusive to the game and aren't available anywhere else.
At $50, its too much for a story Pack. $20 is an awesome price for it.

It includes 6 full levels and covers the entirety of the film. I imagine its the same for the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and The Lego Batman Movie sets.
I was in the same boat as you but I had $5 dollars in Rewards so I jumped on it without knowing what's going on.

After doing some research I got pretty excited

You get:

Abby Yates:
After completing the story pack's levels, you're also able to switch between the other 3 members of the 2016 team (Erin, Holtzmann, and Patty). The other three members have different abilities from Abby, such as Erin's silver LEGO blowup, Holtzmann's fix-it, and Patty's strength, meaning you're getting quite a few abilities with just one minifig.

Ecto-1:
The Ecto-1 is a fairly standard vehicle and is able to use tow areas in its base form. When fully upgraded it has the ability to fly and can spray water, which are always nice to have.

6 new levels

Customize Lego Toy Pay with Zhu's Chinese Restaurant build

New Ghostbusters Adventure World

Exclusive battle arena

So for $15 its a win win for me.
Thanks. You guys are talking me into it. I might have to at least buy the Ghostbusters story pack for in store pickup at a further away store because it's already OOS at my local one. Maybe at least the Simpsons level pack too because I don't even have any Simpsons characters. I'll definitely watch the new Ghostbusters movie first though so I at least understand the dumb cut scene jokes. :p

Thanks. You guys are talking me into it. I might have to at least buy the Ghostbusters story pack for in store pickup at a further away store because it's already OOS at my local one. Maybe at least the Simpsons level pack too because I don't even have any Simpsons characters. I'll definitely watch the new Ghostbusters movie first though so I at least understand the dumb cut scene jokes. :p
I ended up talking myself into Ghostbusters story pack and Adventure Time pack last night as well. It was that dumb mystery reward certificate that did it. I started at Ghostbusters thinking well $15 with the certificate is probably not going to ever get cheaper then I figured since I was there anyway I might as well get Adventure Time too.

Is $10 for the team packs pretty good too? Seems like last years hit lower then that but I could be mistaken...

EDIT: fuck... Adventure Time was available at my local store in my cart ready to go and now it's gone...
Team packs are the same price as last sale. The fun packs are more expensive by about 20 cents.

How long is the Ghostbusters story pack in gameplay? Just a couple hours (2-3) ? Seems my local BB went OOS on that one, kinda my fault since with this stuff is better to buy/return then ask questions  :dunce:

Figured I'll at least get Adventure Time and hope there's a patch soon... on the fence for the Ghostbusters pack. I know it has a lot more than other level packs and I see there's some love for it here but something about seeing that $20 price tag when everything else is so cheap just makes me stall lol... i wonder if after I play the base game with him in a week if I'll be kicking myself for not picking it up.
I just picked up the Adventure Time packs, what's wrong with them that needs to be patched?

Just picked up a few things because these prices are crazy and I had that mystery coupon (surprise, $5 like everyone else). I also rebought some stuff I picked up at target two weeks ago during their 40% off sale and walked across the mall to return those items to target on my target receipt.

Thanks Best Buy. :)

Picked up a few $5 packs as well as Harry Potter and Midway Arcade for my son. I wanted to get Doctor Who, but it's sold out in my area and online. I'll pick it up for $11.99 or cheaper sooner or later. 

Ugh, just came across the BBY sale today and can't decide what to get... giving the base game to my son at his birthday party in a week and I've already stocked up on most of what he'll need from last years packs for birthday/Christmas gifts.

Figured I'll at least get Adventure Time and hope there's a patch soon... on the fence for the Ghostbusters pack. I know it has a lot more than other level packs and I see there's some love for it here but something about seeing that $20 price tag when everything else is so cheap just makes me stall lol... i wonder if after I play the base game with him in a week if I'll be kicking myself for not picking it up.

Is $10 for the team packs pretty good too? Seems like last years hit lower then that but I could be mistaken...

EDIT: fuck... Adventure Time was available at my local store in my cart ready to go and now it's gone...
Get the Ghostbuster pack, it's normally $50

Some reason the Bart fun pack let's me puck free 2 day shipping but always changes to 7.99 shipping bwfore I finalize my order. Emptied my cart and redid and still doing the same thing.

Wtf. The ghostbuster 2016 level pack is much "scarier" than the original ghostbusters set. My young son was super weirded out by it and based on experience with the last one, I stupidly assumed it would be okay...

As my wife said, "Everything about lady ghostbusters sucks."

I probably should have asked this here instead of the Best Buy thread.  Do I need the Adventure Time Team Pack?  I passed on it today, realizing for the first time that it even existed, along with a Level pack. 

I probably should have asked this here instead of the Best Buy thread. Do I need the Adventure Time Team Pack? I passed on it today, realizing for the first time that it even existed, along with a Level pack.
If you are not a completionist, you don't need the team pack. The level pack which has Finn will get you the level and the adventure world.
However if you want to 100%, you need BMO's ability from the team pack. It's the first time a team pack is needed for a unique ability but not needed to unlock a world. More money for WB.
I'd rather they released them as 2 fun packs so I only need to pay for 1 fun pack.

If you are not a completionist, you don't need the team pack. The level pack which has Finn will get you the level and the adventure world.
However if you want to 100%, you need BMO's ability from the team pack. It's the first time a team pack is needed for a unique ability but not needed to unlock a world. More money for WB.
I'd rather they released them as 2 fun packs so I only need to pay for 1 fun pack.
Thank you for responding. Figures, I pass on one of the Team Packs during the sale and it is needed for 100%.

Oh well, still working on season 1. Still trying to find a cheap Back to the Future Level Pack. Seems like season 1 is really starting to disappear in-store.

I just got into lego dimensions. This is my haul

Starter pack
Ghostbusters story pack
Jurassic world team pack
Joker team pack
Mission impossible level pack
Portal level pack

Fun packs
Bane
Doctor who
Legolas
Aquaman

Really love this game so far. I'm hoping there's the same sale for Black Friday so I can pick the rest.

So I realize that I missed Best Buy's epic sale by a day, but I'm thinking of getting started with Dimensions (we've been a Disney Infinity household) and I'm tempted by the Toys R Us deal this week for the Starter Pack for $60 with a free level pack.

Curious how this deal holds up with recent deals and whether I should wait for something better or not.

Thanks peeps!

So I realize that I missed Best Buy's epic sale by a day, but I'm thinking of getting started with Dimensions (we've been a Disney Infinity household) and I'm tempted by the Toys R Us deal this week for the Starter Pack for $60 with a free level pack.

Curious how this deal holds up with recent deals and whether I should wait for something better or not.

Thanks peeps!
That would have come out to ~$50 with the Best Buy sale. At this point you should wait and see what they have at Black Friday.

As someone thinking about getting into the LEGO Dimensions scene, is Target's $39.99 deal one of the better ones that has been around? I'm debating getting in on this now with the belief that BF may not have anything lower.

As someone thinking about getting into the LEGO Dimensions scene, is Target's $39.99 deal one of the better ones that has been around? I'm debating getting in on this now with the belief that BF may not have anything lower.
The 60% off that Best Buy had for gamers club unlocked last week was better, but this still seems pretty solid to me. I'm tempted to snag it in the morning and then return it if it winds getting cheaper in the next couple weeks.

The same prices as the previous sale will most likely be active at Best Buy for Black Friday. I'm hoping to get wave 7 for around ~$50 if the same prices stick.

This doesn't really help me since I have them already, but on the Toys R Us website under Today's Deals, it says Free level pack with purchase of starter pack.

All starter packs are showing up as $40/$32 with GCU at Best Buy. With GCU is 20% cheaper than any advertised Black Friday price.
That's pretty tempting for me to renew GCU. Quick question: Does anyone know if renewing GCU online is a good idea or not? All the "reviews" for it seem to indicate there's a problem doing it that way, just wondering if anyone has been successful in doing it.

All starter packs are showing up as $40/$32 with GCU at Best Buy. With GCU is 20% cheaper than any advertised Black Friday price.
32 is still a lot to pay for just supergirl. What am i supposed to do with the rest of the extra starter pack? I've never sold anything on eBay. Will game stop give me anything for it?

That's pretty tempting for me to renew GCU. Quick question: Does anyone know if renewing GCU online is a good idea or not? All the "reviews" for it seem to indicate there's a problem doing it that way, just wondering if anyone has been successful in doing it.
Renewed mine without issue last month. Finally have an expiration date listed instead of invalid date.

I'm interested in the game and base set and don't care at all about super girl. If you wanna save some money I'll buy it, I was gonna grab one on black Friday so hmu if someone wants. I'd expect a little price break of course.

Ended up biting and grabbing one for $40 on Amazon. Was supposed to be Supergirl PS4, but I got the regular vanilla ps4 version :/

Is this common? Just keeping returning till you're lucky enough to get the actual Supergirl version?

Ended up biting and grabbing one for $40 on Amazon. Was supposed to be Supergirl PS4, but I got the regular vanilla ps4 version :/

Is this common? Just keeping returning till you're lucky enough to get the actual Supergirl version?
If it specifically said Supergirl in the product description, they screwed up. They do have different UPC codes. Chat them up and complain.

If it specifically said Supergirl in the product description, they screwed up. They do have different UPC codes. Chat them up and complain.
I snagged another at the $40 price point (returning the other) and am praying to the Amazon Gods, it'll be right this time.
It's really strange to me because the order just says 'ps4 starter'. But, directly from the LD starter page it says 'supergirl' edition ordered and it seems like the supergirl version is the only version available. I.E. Big fat Amazon mistake.

Also, not to state the obvious; but if it doesn't have a supergirl sticker on front, don't even bother opening it. I opened this one of out of desperation. :(

bread's done
Back