Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Cancelled my Amazon Xbox One order prior to going to Target. I probably almost didn't get to cancel it since I ordered it over the weekend. It was $75-ish with the $84.99 price and $15 LEGOMOMS code after tax. After Amazon price match, Cartwheel, and 10% wishlist, got it for $50.01 after tax. Happy happy.
how did you get Target to price match AFTER you applied the LEGOMOMS promo code? that sounds like something they wouldn't honor without...sneakiness :)

Awesome! I'm assuming we can stack with Red Card? Any other stackable coupons?
Text GAMER to 827438 to get a 10% off Toys to Life purchase over $50. There's also a physical version of this coupon in their Toy Book. Cartwheel and Target coupons can be combined without override and is within their coupon policy. $55 before REDcard or taxes.

This would be a great deal for me since even with GCU on Black Friday this is gonna be 59.99..so if I could get this price matched at Walmart for 84.99 minus 25 percent minus the 10 percent TOYS2LIFE coupon plus red card that would be great just not sure if I can get away with that. Really want to get this one..before the cartwheel coupon had a code for online use is that still available?

[quote name="NFC Hillbilly" post="13035051" timestamp="1447784500"]how did you get Target to price match AFTER you applied the LEGOMOMS promo code? that sounds like something they wouldn't honor without...sneakiness :)[/quote]
No no no, didn't price match the LEGOMOMS coupon. $50.01 is after the adjustment to the normal sale price of $84.99 and then Cartwheel and wishlist. I didn't even attempt the $69.99 Amazon after coupon price.

I only mentioned the coupon because after canceling that order, I made off with the same product for roughly $25 less. No sneakiness.

Well, no abnormal sneakiness, I guess.

Got my starter today at my local Target for $54.99 plus tax. Used GAMER coupon and Cartwheel. They wouldn't stack anything with a price match.

before the cartwheel coupon had a code for online use is that still available?
Not seeing one. The GAMER offer has an online code I believe but not the Cartwheel. Terms state "Offer valid in store only, unless explicitly noted otherwise" and I'm not seeing any mention of Target.com

No no no, didn't price match the LEGOMOMS coupon. $50.01 is after the adjustment to the normal sale price of $84.99 and then Cartwheel and wishlist. I didn't even attempt the $69.99 Amazon after coupon price. I only mentioned the coupon because after canceling that order, I made off with the same product for roughly $25 less. No sneakiness. Well, no abnormal sneakiness, I guess.
good deal, just wanted to make sure :)

Not seeing one. The GAMER offer has an online code I believe but not the Cartwheel. Terms state "Offer valid in store only, unless explicitly noted otherwise" and I'm not seeing any mention of Target.com
I guess I can give it a shot in store. I was able to two weeks ago price match a toy for my nephew and use the wishlist but that was AFTER she got manager approval so maybe I could get lucky again but I would prefer doing it online of course less hassle and then pick up in store

Damn... I guess I'll have to do the Target thing now.  Which are the best expansion packs?  I'm thinking the Simpsons one would be cool, just 'cause (plus the kids would really like it).

Well, it's not really worth buying the expansion packs, since it's just 20% off.

While I haven't played more than the demo, the Doctor Who pack gets a lot of praise. I'm planning on getting all level packs, and then all the sets I want minifigs of. I mean, Stay Puft minifig? Who wouldn't want that?

Got my starter today at my local Target for $54.99 plus tax. Used GAMER coupon and Cartwheel. They wouldn't stack anything with a price match.
Sames, I don't get how some folks get unwitting cashiers to do both. But hey, more power to them. The $54.99 was more than enough for me to bite. ;)

This is YMMV, but I have success price matching and using coupons when I'm buying something else. The cartwheel app coupon is nice since you can just show the barcode and not raise suspicion.
Wal-Mart won't take additional discounts like coupons once they've already comped, it's price match or the other so know your poison prior. That's most places too and not just Wal-Mart's. At this point I don't take much stock in people who claim they've stacked shit or done whatever since register prompts take care of business anymore plus most cashiers aren't going to let some idiot try and swindle them since that means a write-up or worse termination. Really I know people are cheap here but when it comes to affecting someone's job don't be a dick. And don't give me the tired old excuse it's their fault, not mine argument since you damn well know what you're doing. There's a very big difference between being cheap and being a downright low con.

Does the cartwheel work with the wishlist?
It should. I actually used the cartwheel and 10% off coupon from texting GAMER to 827438

You supposedly you can't stack the wishlist and 10% GAMER text coupons. It's one or the other.

You should try price matching to Walmart, Amazon or Toys R Us first then use the cartwheel and 10% coupon. If you get shot down, the cartwheel and coupon combo should still work. I personally got shot down, but I've seen many others have success PMing w/ cartweel and the 10% coupon. Try the regular cashier first and/or maybe have a few non-game filler items w/ your checkout. My store only does PMs at guest services, but some stores do PMs at the regular registers.

Still don't know if the 15% baby/wedding registry coupons will stack with the 10% GAMER text coupons. Haven't seen anyone try that.

Have seen a couple people mention this $54.99 plus tax price. Maybe I'm missing something but without doing a price match wouldn't the total be $58.50 plus tax?

$100 minus 35% cartwheel = $65 minus 10% GAMER coupon = $58.50?

If you can stack a price match plus the above then it would end up being just under $50 plus tax, right?

Have seen a couple people mention this $54.99 plus tax price. Maybe I'm missing something but without doing a price match wouldn't the total be $58.50 plus tax?

If you can stack a price match plus the above then it would end up being just under $50 plus tax, right?
Target Redcard saves 5%.

[quote name="mattyp33" post="13039038" timestamp="1447943097"]Have seen a couple people mention this $54.99 plus tax price. Maybe I'm missing something but without doing a price match wouldn't the total be $58.50 plus tax?

If you can stack a price match plus the above then it would end up being just under $50 plus tax, right?[/quote]

The GAMER 10% off comes from the full $99.99 price so it takes $10 off not $6.50

Wal-Mart won't take additional discounts like coupons once they've already comped, it's price match or the other so know your poison prior. That's most places too and not just Wal-Mart's. At this point I don't take much stock in people who claim they've stacked shit or done whatever since register prompts take care of business anymore plus most cashiers aren't going to let some idiot try and swindle them since that means a write-up or worse termination. Really I know people are cheap here but when it comes to affecting someone's job don't be a dick. And don't give me the tired old excuse it's their fault, not mine argument since you damn well know what you're doing. There's a very big difference between being cheap and being a downright low con.
I was able to get this and the Skylanders Super Chargers sets for around $75 after pm, Cartwheel, 10% off Gamer text and 5% Rx rewards. The guy at CS did not question me at all when it came to stacking discounts and the register had no issues with anything being taken off(no beeps or prompts). Yes there are some that will not allow it, and if that is their policy then that's fine. But it's not up to us as consumers to tell them how to do their jobs, which seems to happen more frequent than ever. I have had the same guy handle transactions for me on two occasions at my local store weeks apart and he did not question me either time. He was actually amazed at the deal I got after all the discounts. I don't make a habit of this as I have only done it a hand full of times. But if retail stores have a issue with customers stacking these discounts they should better train their employees on how to handle it. And imo, there is a big difference between trying to save a few $$ and being a "downright low con".

Text GAMER to 827438 to get a 10% off Toys to Life purchase over $50. There's also a physical version of this coupon in their Toy Book. Cartwheel and Target coupons can be combined without override and is within their coupon policy. $55 before REDcard or taxes.
I almost didn't do this because I am pretty much trying to limit myself to 50% off or more on this stuff so $55 was kind of on the border.

I guess I figured you all were price matching the Amazon $84.99 price (someone here mentioned that) but it looks like maybe that's not the case for some. I thought the $55 came from that plus the other discounts. But it came out to less than that for me so I'm glad I did it. I'm not sure how you can get shot down doing this, really, when they have no idea what the coupons on your phone are even for.

I did the price match (and rang up a few other things along with it just in case), showed the mobile coupon, then showed Cartwheel (which is just a standard checkout thing).

The game itself came up to $55.24 after the $84.99 price match plus 35% off from Cartwheel. But then I also got an $8.50 "category coupon" discount which was the 10% off from the mobile coupon on the $84.99 pricing. So the total was $46.74, which brings it just under that 50% off threshold. (Final cost was $44.40 with Red card - no sales tax here ;)).

Well, it's not really worth buying the expansion packs, since it's just 20% off.

While I haven't played more than the demo, the Doctor Who pack gets a lot of praise. I'm planning on getting all level packs, and then all the sets I want minifigs of. I mean, Stay Puft minifig? Who wouldn't want that?
I was thinking the 35% was for everything but when I saw it was just for the Starter Packs I passed on the expansions. But I just checked and as expected they come up 20% off at Best Buy anyway. Hopefully they have a sale or B2G1 or something and I can get them for even cheaper. If not, Fred Meyer often has specials and multi-stackable coupons to use on stuff like this.

The good news is that I got this even with my son present without him really noticing because of all the chaos of going to Customer Service which is by the kid-distracting dollar-bin items. So I can give it to him for his birthday on Monday. Then I can get some of the expansion packs for Christmas - works out perfect.

Edit: OK, this is funny. Apparently I unlocked a bunch of Cartwheel app "achievements" with my savings tonight. Hilarious - there were 4 in my notifications.

Yea, I unlocked three and got from 24 to 30 slots.

And I meant to say 10% off the packs, not 20%. I was thinking of GCU when I typed it.

Like many others, I got this from Target, utilizing the PM, Cartwheel, and coupon.

Now my question is, have there ever been any good deals or ones coming up for the additional packs?

Today I stopped in TRU and the small packs were 2 for 24. Bought Cyborg and the Lego movie packs.
This is the same deal as GCU though. 20% off is ok, buy $12 for a minifig and a handful of pieces is nto ideal. Need Best Buy to do a B2G1 or something.

This is the same deal as GCU though. 20% off is ok, buy $12 for a minifig and a handful of pieces is nto ideal. Need Best Buy to do a B2G1 or something.
They've usually done B2G1 on Skylanders around BF/pre-Christmas sales so I'm really hoping they do the same for Lego Dimensions.

There's a 10% off electronics and entertainment coupon that can be used for LEGO Dimensions. Good 11/22 only.

Text LIST to 827438.

No issue doing this at Target about 20 mins ago in Long Island...went up to Customer Service with the pack, 2 frozen food items, some pretzels and toothpaste (pretzels & toothpaste were also in cartwheel) and told her i'd like to pricematch the LEGO to amazon and brought some other items up with me if that was ok...after she gave me the total i called up cartwheel and she scanned it without any hesitation and when she gave me the new total i showed her the 10% text coupon and that was again scanned...all together spen $60.37 and now i have lunch, dinner, snacks & toothpaste as well as the starter pack...

edit: just realized i meant to post this in the cartwheel thread...oh well, at least people are talking about it here too....

My platform is X1, so I was out of luck on a PM (I wasn't trying the Lego moms deal).  So I used the Cart Wheel and today's 10% off deal to get the starter set for about $55.  Felt good about that price.

Now to look for deals on the smaller packs.  

Finally got the PM + coupon + Cartwheel to work.  It only took a total of 4 attempts at 3 stores, AFTER I had someone help me buy one with Cartwheel and last week's 10% off coupon with their Red Card.  It's too bad my own Red Card hasn't arrived yet but I won't complain.  :D

First Target had every version of Lego Dimensions except Xbox One. Got the last Xbox One copy at another Target for $54.99 before tax. I used the 35% cartwheel and the 10% off electronics coupon that was valid today only. I wonder why the Xbox One version is full price while the others are still $84.99? I would have attempted the price match.

My local Target wouldn't let me PM plus use the Cartwheel and List coupons, so I paid about $57 after red card and tax.

I got one for about $78 after tax from Amazon when the LEGOMOMS code was active, so I'll return that one now.

Anyways, thanks OP!

Damn... I guess I'll have to do the Target thing now. Which are the best expansion packs? I'm thinking the Simpsons one would be cool, just 'cause (plus the kids would really like it).
I'm a big fan of the Dr. Who one. Lots of story, and then when you finish the storyline, you get to go back and explore the rest of it- and get to play as any of the Doctor's regenerations. That's kind of a geek-out moment for me.

Also, the Portal one is pretty amazing. That they went back and recorded another song for GLaDOS- (voiced by Ellen Mclain again)
"You wouldn't know, would you" is pretty happy making. (Yeah, it runs over the end credits, but still. It should.

That they went back and recorded another song for GLaDOS- (voiced by Ellen Mclain again)
"You wouldn't know, would you" is pretty happy making. (Yeah, it runs over the end credits, but still. It should.
Yeah, all of the GLaDOS stuff is fantastic. This game might be the closest we ever get to Portal 3 lol.

I thought the main Black Friday page had listed all the specials for the various expansion packs. Is Best Buy w/ GCU still the best pricing on those for Black Friday?

I thought the main Black Friday page had listed all the specials for the various expansion packs. Is Best Buy w/ GCU still the best pricing on those for Black Friday?
Anyone? When I search for Black Friday deals on the Lego packs, I keep coming across info on the Starter Sets instead. I know that Target had their B2G1 promotion last week, but there are SOME sales on the packs on Thursday and Friday, aren't there?

Anyone? When I search for Black Friday deals on the Lego packs, I keep coming across info on the Starter Sets instead. I know that Target had their B2G1 promotion last week, but there are SOME sales on the packs on Thursday and Friday, aren't there?
None that I've heard of, such a bummer

The only real deal going on for BF besides starter packs is Toys R Us is doing B1G1 80% off tonight from 5pm-midnight (in store only).

The problem with that is that TRU marks up everything $1-$2, and even after this deal, you're only saving a few dollars vs GCU.

They are also on sale on Legoshop.com ONLY FOR TODAY + Free Shipping (Plus spend over $99 and you get a free LEGO Gingerbread house) and if you have a free VIP account, you get double points (also, only for today):

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sales-And-Deals

Starter Packs are $69.99

2-Level Packs are $22.49

Fun Packs are $11.24

This thread is interesting. I had no idea people actually cared about the tiny, barely-articulated figures. When I was a kid, I was all about the buildings and vehicles. Because, you know, those are what you actually build.

It must just be a collection thing, I guess.
Yeah...we became AFOL's (adult fan of LEGO's) and went from the cheaper sets to expert sets and modular buildings.

I actually got back into LEGO, trying to find a way to divert to keep my mind focused and clear without any stress. After reading how athletes such as David Beckham and Dwight Howard, to actor Brad Pitt and music artist Ed Sheeran used LEGO as a way to cope with stress or keep their mind focused.

15904538851_c265ca56cd.jpg

With that being said, I will be truthful and say that I really prevented myself from purchasing LEGO Dimensions. In fact, I was planning to do one LEGO purchase and get the modular building for 2015 (Detective's Office) and I was good. But within my collection of backlog... and seeing how I spent so much on Skylanders for my son, to see them not being played...I admit, I was very hesitant.

Especially since I have seen how my friends go all out for amiibo's, from traveling far to rural area Target/Wal-Marts, waking up early in the morning to get them. Heck, during my business trip in Tokyo, I was doing searches for friends to find them certain amiibos.

So, I can see the addiction factor play in...and when it comes to completionist behavior, I'm bad.

But as a gamer and a LEGO fan, I felt it more than warranted an appeal to me as I can play the games. If my son wants to, then I have something to play with him (and possibly my wife - with that 1% possibility, lol...).

For me...Purchasing the portal/game on Black Friday for $64.99 is affordable. Game + 3 figures and LEGO portal that you build...that right there is $25 and then there is the game.

As for the packs, once again...purchasing them for $11.99 on LEGO shop for the Funpacks and level backs ala their current sale, I figured now was the time to bite.

I don't know if the availability will be difficult to find months later... I think the pricing is quite expensive for a lot of people, but for those who purchased LEGO's and the thought of $5 per minifigure, then it's more than justified.

I also like the fact that I am able to find all of them right now at stores or online. And know that TTL games tend to have sales often.

So, yeah....I plunked down quite a bit on LEGO Dimensions for this holiday season. But if LEGO Dimension does fail (which I hope it doesn't), then I think I'll be fine because I still have minifigures to keep in my LEGO collection.

Anyway, all power to everyone...whether or not you get into LEGO Dimensions or not. Have a great gaming holiday!

I just got the Detectives office, and lego Dimensions. I do believe the add-ons are a bit pricey, but I got a reasonable deal at Fred Meyer for 25% off.

I just got the Detectives office, and lego Dimensions. I do believe the add-ons are a bit pricey, but I got a reasonable deal at Fred Meyer for 25% off.
OMG I just bought a ton of Lego Dimensions stuff at Fred Meyer.

With the 10% off accessories + 10% Friends and Family discount + $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 I got several different packs. I think I have enough to unlock just about everything that's currently out except I can't find the Dr. Who one. I probably went a little overboard ;). But I got them all at about 40% off (along with some Xbox and PSN money) with the stacked discounts.

OMG I just bought a ton of Lego Dimensions stuff at Fred Meyer.

With the 10% off accessories + 10% Friends and Family discount + $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 I got several different packs. I think I have enough to unlock just about everything that's currently out except I can't find the Dr. Who one. I probably went a little overboard ;). But I got them all at about 40% off (along with some Xbox and PSN money) with the stacked discounts.
When was the Fred Meyers sale? Last week?? Looking for cheap packs..

[quote name="El Gray" post="13075802" timestamp="1449083252"]Will Best Buy match this price if I go over there while the LD is still active? +GCU?[/quote]
They may match it (don't know if they will for lightning deals), but you aren't getting GCU after the match.

bread's done
Back