Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Starter Packs are a lightning deal on Amazon right now for $63.99:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Dimensions-Starter-Pack-Xbox-360/dp/B00VMB5VCI/ref=sr_1_1
Thanks. Bought it. I keep going back and forth about it though. I can wait for a cheaper price, but how much cheaper will it really get? I've bought the skylanders starter packs so darn cheap over the years with Target pricematches + cartwheel coupons, but that's getting harder to accomplish lately. With the Lego Dimensions "3 year plan" I'm wondering how much cheaper the starter pack will get. It's not like stores will want to clear shelve space for each year's new iteration of the game. On the other hand they do want to move lots of starter packs to get you hooked and buy all of the other content. I sort of guess it will be $50 or $40 at some point, but I don't know if it going much lower. What do you guys think?

Thanks. Bought it. I keep going back and forth about it though. I can wait for a cheaper price, but how much cheaper will it really get? I've bought the skylanders starter packs so darn cheap over the years with Target pricematches + cartwheel coupons, but that's getting harder to accomplish lately. With the Lego Dimensions "3 year plan" I'm wondering how much cheaper the starter pack will get. It's not like stores will want to clear shelve space for each year's new iteration of the game. On the other hand they do want to move lots of starter packs to get you hooked and buy all of the other content. I sort of guess it will be $50 or $40 at some point, but I don't know if it going much lower. What do you guys think?
It was already cheaper at Target with Cartwheel, even without price matching. I want to say it was $55.

It was already cheaper at Target with Cartwheel, even without price matching. I want to say it was $55.
Yeah, I believe it was $55. With the PM'ing going on at that time, it was ~$47(?). I settled for $55 but was able to get a store willing to PM and stack coupons and Cartwheel, which made it even sweeter. Either way, ~$50 was about the price I was willing to pay for this. Now to wait for deals on the few packs I want.

When was the Fred Meyers sale? Last week?? Looking for cheap packs..
Friends and Family 10% off I think ends today. The 10% off accessories is all week (till Saturday). The $10/$20/$30 coupon was Sunday/Monday only but they usually have them for the weekend (so maybe Fri/Sat) this time of year. You wouldn't have the Friends and Family discount but you'd be able to get the 10% off plus the bonus coupon.

Heh, I bought another Lego pack at TRU today because of their $10 off $35 promo.  They had Greninja Amiibo which I had never seen before (didn't even know it was a thing) and I was trying to figure out how to hit $35 so I picked up the Eris hawk-looking Chima figure and an Amiibo card pack to hit $35.  My daughter saw that lego figure when we were shopping the other day and said she liked it so I'll add that to her Christmas presents even though we don't need that particular figure's powers (I don't even know what they are).

Isn't the Dr. Who pack out?  I can't find that anywhere.  I'm not even seeing spots for it.

But yeah, $10 off any $35 purchase of Skylanders, Amiibo, Lego Dimensions, or Disney Infinity.  And it worked on the Amiibo Animal Crossing card packs (which at $5.99 are good filler).  Still, it sucks that TRU charges "tax" on all these figures.  The Lego Dimensions character packs are $16.99 vs. $14.99 everywhere else.  I think even those Amiibo card packs are a dollar more than most other places.  So, yeah, I got $10 off, but I paid $4 extra over MSRP to start with.  TRU sucks.

The Doctor Who pack is everywhere here - in the last week I've seen multiple copies at Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Smith's Marketplace / Fred Meyer...

The Doctor Who pack is everywhere here - in the last week I've seen multiple copies at Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Smith's Marketplace / Fred Meyer...
Hmmm... Well, I've been to 2 Fred Meyer, Best Buy, and TRU in the last 2 days and not a one in sight.

Just got the game and there's like a 6.60 gig update.  I would suggest that the first thing you do after getting the game is to put the disc into your system and let that thing download.  I can only imagine some little kids getting the game on Christmas and having to wait until that update installs.

Hoping for some single character and pack deals.  Got Doctor Who, Simpsons, and Portal 2 level packs when Target had buy 2 get 1 free.  Now I'm only missing Back To The Future in terms on the big add ons.

Just got the game and there's like a 6.60 gig update. I would suggest that the first thing you do after getting the game is to put the disc into your system and let that thing download. I can only imagine some little kids getting the game on Christmas and having to wait until that update installs.

Hoping for some single character and pack deals. Got Doctor Who, Simpsons, and Portal 2 level packs when Target had buy 2 get 1 free. Now I'm only missing Back To The Future in terms on the big add ons.
Kids who get it on Christmas can always skip the update and start playing right away. It's not like it is an online game that would require updating before playing.

Kids who get it on Christmas can always skip the update and start playing right away. It's not like it is an online game that would require updating before playing.
FYI. There is a bug in the game that won't let you build the bat mobile if you take batman off the game pad before you get to the bat mobile build. It is fixed in the update.

Hell of a deal on the $14.99 "Fun Packs" for those with Fred Meyer stores.  I'm rebuying all the ones I got earlier.

They are on sale for $11.99, then there's the 10% off accessories and the $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 coupon.  If you buy 5 of them, you get them for $11.99 x 5 x 0.9 = $53.96, then $10 off for an average of $8.79 each.

I'm not 100% sure if the accessories coupon will apply since it excludes certain kinds of sale prices (like "Price Blaster") but I'm going to find out in a few minutes.

Edit: yeah, the coupon works.  However, a few of the packs still rang up at $14.99.  The cashier adjusted them after seeing the ad.  YMMV of course.  But I think 6 of the 9 I bought rang up correctly.  I then promptly returned 8 of those using my receipts from earlier in the week.  This deal beats the 10% accessories + Friends & Family + bonus coupon deal even.  I have one more to return to TRU, which will feel good as I don't like their higher than MSRP prices.

I ended up buying 9 for $97.11 + a Nerf gun ammo pack for $6.29 to push me over $100, then got the whole set for $83.40 total after the $20 off $100 coupon.  If I remove the Nerf ammo pack, which my son wanted anyway (and was also on sale) then I spent $77.11 on 9 fun packs - or $8.57 each.  That's still a lot of money on one game, especially since I also bought several level/team packs (they were not on sale this time).  But considering all the Legos one gets as well, that's not too bad.

per Target's Cartwheel, "25% off Fun, Level, and Team packs, excludes Starter packs. Expires on 12/15/2015".
Plus, Walmart.com has a lot of the Team and Level packs for $5 off. So you might be lucky and get PM + Cartwheel. It would bring level packs to under $20.

It would be nice to get a peek at next Sunday's ad to see if there is anything to sweeten the deal w/o YMMV PM.

I just tested the 20% off coupon (from BF), it excludes LEGO, but it worked online with Lego Dimensions.  So...25% off Cartwheel, + 20% BF coupon + 5% Red card = ~$17 , $14, $8.50 (depending on pack) if PM stacks, even better

I just tested the 20% off coupon (from BF), it excludes LEGO, but it worked online with Lego Dimensions. So...25% off Cartwheel, + 20% BF coupon + 5% Red card = ~$17 , $14, $8.50 (depending on pack) if PM stacks, even better
Is the 20% off code reusable?

[quote name="elessar123" post="13088782" timestamp="1449601146"]I just went "It's pique. No wait, it's not."[/quote]

I still used the wrong one.

This deal piqued my interest into getting a peek at next weeks ad to get the peak deal.

If you can wait until Sunday, you can stack the 25% off Cartwheel, with the 25% off all packs sale, along with the last day that the 20% off works. Cartwheel is in store only though, so YMMV.

Hmm trying to figure out the best price on the starter set.

Next week they are both $69.99

BB - Minus GCU makes it $55.99 before taxes

Target - Not sure what the BF code was and irrc it was only good online correct?

It would be nice to get a peek at next Sunday's ad to see if there is anything to sweeten the deal w/o YMMV PM.
Say what? Really?
What 20% off?
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/352108-target-ad-1213-1219-50-gift-card-w-purchase-of-two-select-ubisoft-titles-30-ea-sports-titles-4199-black-ops-iii-xbox-oneps4-more/

20% answered in the OP there (frankly if you don't know about it by now you likely don't have the coupon)

I can't see why they would. It looks like it's 25% now or 25% next week.

What started out as a great deal now seems to be YMMV at best.

Pretty disappointed they are changing this. Missed out on both Fred Meyer deals, was going to go for this, but now the wait to get some of these level packs continues. 

Two points on this, one there are a couple annoying glitches in the main game that are fixed with said update, and secondly, I'm pretty sure all the Doctor Who content is in that update, meaning you can't play the separate level (if you have the adventure pack) until you download that update.

Two points on this, one there are a couple annoying glitches in the main game that are fixed with said update, and secondly, I'm pretty sure all the Doctor Who content is in that update, meaning you can't play the separate level (if you have the adventure pack) until you download that update.
I didn't know about the Dr. Who content. I like that they did it this way (requiring Internet connection) as it means they can add more packs later (beyond the already announced ones) without having to come out with another game. Whether they will actually do that I have no idea. But I soured on Skylanders and Disney Infinity when I realized all their content was already on the disc and you were just unlocking stuff with the expansion packs. It isn't the "DLC on disc" issue so much that bothers me - just that all the content there ever will be is already there. We've seen that lead to Skylanders having overwhelming yearly releases. I haven't bought anything since Swap Force and we barely played that. I'd have probably stuck with the game a little more if it had been one platform that simply got built up rather than 4 (or 5?) different ones (despite the forward compatibility of the figures).

I was looking forward to getting the Dr. Who set on Sunday with the sale price plus Cartwheel. I see that Walmart has the Dr. Who set on sale now for $24.96 so I will just go ahead and pricematch plus Cartwheel and RedCard. Yes I know you're not supposed to be able to pricematch plus Cartwheel but if you get a few other items the cashier won't see it

Looks like Amazon has the level packs for 19.99. Picked up a like new BttF set in AWD for $17.81. Debating getting the Simpsons and Portal as well.

Looks like Amazon has the level packs for 19.99. Picked up a like new BttF set in AWD for $17.81. Debating getting the Simpsons and Portal as well.
Thanks for the heads up.

You can save $5 if you buy certain free Android apps on Amazon. The $5 off doesn't work for AWD though, just directly from Amazon.com items.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/352175-free-5-amazon-credit-for-android-or-pc-users/

Some of the fun packs are $11.88. (so $6.88 after $5 credit)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lego+dimensions+fun+pack

Looks like Amazon is just matching Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=lego%20dimensions

$69.99 starter packs on Walmart too.

I lucked out at Target this afternoon. I had Target customer service PM the Amazon.com prices for LEGO Doctor Who and Portal level packs with Amazon.com and then applied the 25% off Cartwheel coupon. $14.99 each for a $29.99 game is fantastic. 

I lucked out at Target this afternoon. I had Target customer service PM the Amazon.com prices for LEGO Doctor Who and Portal level packs with Amazon.com and then applied the 25% off Cartwheel coupon. $14.99 each for a $29.99 game is fantastic.
Yeah, with these prices, I'm going to have to buy the starter kit soon!

I got Target to price match Walmart for the Dr. Who set + Cartwheel + RedCard = $14.24 !
This store knows not to stack pm plus Cartwheel but I had to get milk and dish soap so I snuck it in

bread's done
Back