Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Target to price match Walmart for the Dr. Who set + Cartwheel + RedCard = $14.24 !
This store knows not to stack pm plus Cartwheel but I had to get milk and dish soap so I snuck it in
That's what I did. I bought a bunch of other stuff along with it and added on Cartwheel at the end. Beautiful!

Does the cartwheel actually limit you to 4 discounts per transaction? I want some of the team packs too.

Does the cartwheel actually limit you to 4 discounts per transaction? I want some of the team packs too.
Yes it will only work on 4 items at a time. So you'll need to do multiple transactions if you want more than 4 lego sets. I sadly forgot about this tonight when I went and bought mine, so that limit is a factor to think about with purchases.

You guys think if I buy a pack of gum with my purchase at Target they'd do the PM. Or should I buy more.

I'd pick up a few more things. It might look suspicious if $5 comes off a pack of gum.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't bother to try as my local Target is about 1 hour away one direction versus my local town being 30 minutes away.

All Fun, Level and Team packs are 20% off before GCU at Best Buy right now. That makes Level packs $23.99, Team packs $19.99 and Fun packs $11.99.

I believe, factoring in GCU, this is the best price we've seen fun, level and team packs at yet.

Oh, and starter packs are $69.99 before GCU right now as well.

All Fun, Level and Team packs are 20% off before GCU at Best Buy right now. That makes Level packs $23.99, Team packs $19.99 and Fun packs $11.99.

I believe, factoring in GCU, this is the best price we've seen fun, level and team packs at yet.

Oh, and starter packs are $69.99 before GCU right now as well.
Well, if you have a Target Black Friday coupon, it'd be cheaper there.

~$55 for the starter pack isn't bad considering I wasn't planning to get it till it was at least half off... but I did just start Infinity thanks to the darth vader ps4 bundle. Hmmm...

I've heard the Portal & Dr Who packs are fun and worth getting, but that the BTTF pack isn't. Haven't heard anything about the Simpsons pack though, anyone have any thoughts on it?

Also, am I correct in thinking that the only packs that actually add content and not just characters are the level packs, unlike the team & fun packs?

Thanks!

Also, am I correct in thinking that the only packs that actually add content and not just characters are the level packs, unlike the team & fun packs?
From my understanding, individual characters or vehicles will unlock their associated free roaming adventure world for exploration and some basic sidequests. So for example, if you want to go to Oz outside of your visit there in the story mode, you'll need to buy the Wicked Witch.

I'm picking up The Simpsons level pack, Wizard of Oz fun pack, and Scooby Doo team pack.

From my understanding, individual characters or vehicles will unlock their associated free roaming adventure world for exploration and some basic sidequests. So for example, if you want to go to Oz outside of your visit there in the story mode, you'll need to buy the Wicked Witch.

I'm picking up The Simpsons level pack, Wizard of Oz fun pack, and Scooby Doo team pack.

p

Youre correct.

For those interested in being able to 100% the game, the tracker at the link below was helpful for me. Scroll to the right side for a list of what packs/options you have for necessary abilities/combination of abilities needed to unlock everything.  It's not perfect, and the newly implemented character rental system makes some things less necessary (e.g., Unikitty might be necessary, but in theory a character rental would be enough to cover you).

There's still a few characters coming in the next wave that are "needed" and who knows what future releases might change up the list, but if it helps:  https://www.reddit.c..._google_sheets/

~$55 for the starter pack isn't bad considering I wasn't planning to get it till it was at least half off... but I did just start Infinity thanks to the darth vader ps4 bundle. Hmmm...

I've heard the Portal & Dr Who packs are fun and worth getting, but that the BTTF pack isn't. Haven't heard anything about the Simpsons pack though, anyone have any thoughts on it?

Thanks!
I'm getting LEGO Dimensions for the kids for Christmas. Hoping BTTF is good. That is what I'm looking forward to the most. Big fan of the series. Love the Portal games, so I'll likely get that as well.

Seriously though, I think they should give BTTF a regular video game like they have done w/ other movies.

For those interested in being able to 100% the game, the tracker at the link below was helpful for me. Scroll to the right side for a list of what packs/options you have for necessary abilities/combination of abilities needed to unlock everything. It's not perfect, and the newly implemented character rental system makes some things less necessary (e.g., Unikitty might be necessary, but in theory a character rental would be enough to cover you).

There's still a few characters coming in the next wave that are "needed" and who knows what future releases might change up the list, but if it helps: https://www.reddit.c..._google_sheets/
Thanks for this! I want to complete the game with a minimum buy in. I'm a bit annoyed that I'll have to buy characters I don't really want for their abilities. I'd much rather have Wonder Woman & Legolas instead of Cragger and Emmett.

Can you price match and do GCU? Walmart.com has the level packs at $19.99, Team $16.99 and fun @ $11.88.

p

Youre correct.
Thanks! Quick question, do you have to have the portal on the base at all times while playing or can you take it off?

Can you price match and do GCU? Walmart.com has the level packs at $19.99, Team $16.99 and fun @ $11.88.
Unless a manager manually takes the additional 20% off, no. You can't double dip, so you just get the better of the two. For what it's worth, the fun packs are $11.99 @ BB, so at least that's negligible.

I was in Best Buy and noticed the Lego Dimensions stuff was on sale so I snagged the elusive Dr. Who pack for $19.19 with the $23.99 sale + GCU.  I probably could have held off for a better deal from Fred Meyer, assuming they ever restocked that one (it hasn't been there in a while).  But now I'm done - I should be very close to being able to 100% what can be done so far (besides like the Midway arcade level).

Was the BB sale just a one day thing or does it last all week? Would like to pick up the Scooby-Doo team pack but wasn't able to get there today.

Has about 30 mins left but there is a code that takes 20% off at Target.

Use BFGUEST

Ordered Lego Dimensions Legolas. Came out to $9.05 with 5% RC and BG code after taxes.

The code expires 11:59 PT time so get those orders in.

Went on a spree and bought the starter, Homer, Bart, Krusty, Chell, Unikitty, and Emmet. I think that's all I want, but maybe I'll pick up Superman when he comes out.

I had about $16 or so in credit from a return at GameStop so I went and tried to buy a Unikitty Fun Pack. When ringing it up, it apparently gave an automatic $3.75 discount, making it $11.24, or exactly 25% off.

Not sure how long this promotion will last, but YMMV, obviously.

I don't know if this will help anyone or if it even counts, but I noticed that if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield for insurance you can register on a site called WellOnTarget (http://www.wellontarget.com/) for healthy lifestyle surveys and stuff. You earn points which you can redeem for a number of items, including LEGO Dimension toys.

Basically for free, I just ordered 2 Level Packs and 2 Team Packs, paid for with nothing but points I earned from using the site.

Eric in Nebraska

This has it's own thread, but since it wasn't posted here, BB's DOTD is 25% off Lego Dimensions Level, Team & Fun packs: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/lego-dimensions-level-team-and-fun-packs

I picked up Dr Who, Portal, Benny & Unikitty. Anyone recommend any other packs to pick up?

I'm not interested in Ninjago or Chima and I read that while the BTTF level is way too short, the world it unlocks is fun, so I'll just pick up Doc Brown later. The simpsons level and world also seemed underwhelming.

I did it a couple weeks ago. It should work as well. Just make sure you buy some extra stuff that may count towards cartwheel and make sure you use it last.
Thank you, mighty CAG thread, for pointing out this opportunity to me. PM'd WMart and got it for about $40! The young lady at the CS desk even made sure I knew about the Cartwheel discount when I asked about the PM. NO PROBLEM with doing both! Great success.

Fun Packs are 2 for $18 today at Toys r Us!
Link to eligible items - http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=85883536&type=trigger

It works for a few of the pre-orders as well, crappy thing is that just 2 of these is $1 short of free shipping.
I think it is still offering free shipping. Mine says it's $0.00 for shipping for only buying 2. Maybe it's because the total before the discount is over $19 or maybe tax is putting it over $19. Likely not going to get it in time for Christmas though. Can do store pick-up though.

Anyone have recommendations on a Chima and Ninjago figure? Never cared about the shows or sets but would like to unlock the hub worlds.

Anyone have recommendations on a Chima and Ninjago figure? Never cared about the shows or sets but would like to unlock the hub worlds.
I went with whatever I liked. I wasn't planning on really using them anyways. There is a Master Wu and a White Dragon one that's coming out for Ninjagos. Chima I went with the eagle thing cause I've always liked that full sized set.

It didn't charge me shipping on two orders of pre-orders, despite being $18. Also used Paypal to pay (not sure if that's the reason, or I only had pre-orders).

There are some gold bricks that require Cragger, so I got him. For Ninjago, I'd either go with Zane (he has an ability that won't be available until Superman comes out) or wait for Sensei Wu (only him and Legolas can Pole Vault).

There are some gold bricks that require Cragger, so I got him. For Ninjago, I'd either go with Zane (he has an ability that won't be available until Superman comes out) or wait for Sensei Wu (only him and Legolas can Pole Vault).
Yep NinjaGo is the only world I won't have access to once I crack open all my stuff cuz I'm waiting for Sensai Wu. Most bang for buck.

bread's done
Back