Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon doesn't price match at all (unless you mean automatic price matching of other retailers prior to making a purchase). If you get a price match from Amazon, they track it and consider it a customer satisfaction payment, no different than if you receive a damaged item and they give you a partial credit or any other type of customer satisfaction payment. I only say this because Amazon regularly bans people who seek multiple customer satisfaction payments in a certain period of time and they will immediately close your account and cancel any pending preorders.
I wonder what the magic banning number is? I've asked them for a few price adjustments the last couple months...

Amazon doesn't price match at all (unless you mean automatic price matching of other retailers prior to making a purchase). If you get a price match from Amazon, they track it and consider it a customer satisfaction payment, no different than if you receive a damaged item and they give you a partial credit or any other type of customer satisfaction payment. I only say this because Amazon regularly bans people who seek multiple customer satisfaction payments in a certain period of time and they will immediately close your account and cancel any pending preorders.
Whatever you want to call it. I say I price matched their own price. Amazon called it honoring a price drop. I don't think I abuse Amazon and it was last year around Christmas when I last asked for a price match, but here I was deciding between a price match or cancellation because I really think these are still going to go lower (and sooner rather than later).. Here's what my chat representative said:

"12:31 AM PST Julie: Michael, we honor the price drop of the item 7 days within delivery date, I see here that you are eligible for the price drop. Because the item is not yet ship out I will just reduce the price of the item on the order, would that be okay? "

I wonder what the magic banning number is? I've asked them for a few price adjustments the last couple months...
It's a magical mystery and by the time you get the vaguely warning email you're already past the point to warrant the warning since it's not immediate.

All the Dimensions stuff is 50% off at GS, level and team packs. Not bad IMO.

EDIT: Might be in store only, both of the ones I'm near have them 50% off, along with the Next Gen starter pack at $79.99, which is alright. Amazon is cheaper currently at $69.99. I attached a pic but it came out sideways, I uploaded on from my phone.

[attachment=19413:image.jpeg]

[quote name="ackbar7" post="13140661" timestamp="1452101434"]Is this in store only' I don't see it online[/quote]
Yeah, definitely wanting confirmation. Might be running there after work for Portal if it's half off. This would be the best deal on team and level packs so far, right?

Yeah, definitely wanting confirmation. Might be running there after work for Portal if it's half off. This would be the best deal on team and level packs so far, right?
I uploaded a pic as proof. Each individual item has been marked as such, instead of a huge banner saying "Lego stuff half off".

This sounds like a good time to grab Simpsons and portal level pack after the letdown that was BttF level pack.

My Target jumped the gun a bit. (They also had Sensei Wu out.)

I didn't try to buy any of them - as my Amazon preorder has the better price.

QN75E9v.png

[quote name="theking_13" post="13140770" timestamp="1452104281"]In two different stores? Maybe I'm just that lucky lol[/quote]
I'll back you up when/if I go here in a bit. Definitely grabbing Portal, and may consider Dr Who even though I've never watched it. I think we've got most everything else we want.

I saw a post on slickdeals that toysrus might be doing a 2 for $15 on funpacks.
2 for $15 on Fun Packs until the 9th, must be an R Us Rewards member (free to sign up). Funny considering they sell for $16.99, making the purchase of 2 cheaper than 1.

All the Dimensions stuff is 50% off at GS, level and team packs. Not bad IMO.

EDIT: Might be in store only, both of the ones I'm near have them 50% off, along with the Next Gen starter pack at $79.99, which is alright. Amazon is cheaper currently at $69.99. I attached a pic but it came out sideways, I uploaded on from my phone.

image.jpeg

Where is said pic?
Two pages back.

On my way to a GS. Wish me luck.

Edit: Negative. YMMV at best. Didn't try ringing anything up, but nothing was marked, not even the fun packs. Perhaps those were still on sale, but my assumption is it's only fun packs per a previous poster.

This game is going to bankrupt me.  Amazon just had a $10 off sale on almost any level pack or character pack (the big ones - not the fun packs).  Anyway, I picked up the Simpsons level pack, the Ghostbusters level pack and the Scooby Doo pack for $58 shipped ($30 off).

This game is going to bankrupt me. Amazon just had a $10 off sale on almost any level pack or character pack (the big ones - not the fun packs). Anyway, I picked up the Simpsons level pack, the Ghostbusters level pack and the Scooby Doo pack for $58 shipped ($30 off).
Don't know if it's a reflection of the success of Dimensions but these sales have been common. I love the game and so I've been pulling the trigger on most anything 50% off or more even if it doesn't expand content but I'm still really loving the format of the game.

This game is going to bankrupt me.
Ha, same here. Fortunately, there have been a lot of sales recently, so I haven't paid full price for anything yet. I bought a few level, team, and fun packs off Amazon for the characters and levels I really wanted. Since the sale on fun packs is still going on, I keep finding myself going back to get more fun packs so that I can have more abilities covered. I ended up picking up a few more characters this way.

Now I'm trying to decide if I need any more characters while the sale is still on (Wonder Woman keeps calling for me) and if I should get the Doc Brown pack instead of going for the Back to the Future level pack, considering the minimal content.

This game is going to bankrupt me. Amazon just had a $10 off sale on almost any level pack or character pack (the big ones - not the fun packs). Anyway, I picked up the Simpsons level pack, the Ghostbusters level pack and the Scooby Doo pack for $58 shipped ($30 off).
I hope these sales continue. I just picked up the game yesterday, and have already dropped a bunch on the Fun Packs during this sale on Amazon. Sadly, they're all backordered, so no idea when I'm going to get them, but I'm looking forward to picking up some (most) of the Level packs. And maybe some of the team packs, although there aren't really any of those that are calling to me.

Now I'm trying to decide if I need any more characters while the sale is still on (Wonder Woman keeps calling for me) and if I should get the Doc Brown pack instead of going for the Back to the Future level pack, considering the minimal content.
Yeah, I'll probably end up going for the BTTF Level Pack anyway, but hopefully at a good sale price. Pre-ordered Doc Brown (and the other Wave 3 fun packs) - hoping it's worth it. Although honestly, Gollum and Cyberman packs are the two I'm most worried I'm going to regret. Heard great things about Wonder Woman, so I grabbed her as well.

Thank god I have a TON of Amazon credit saved up.

If you are a fan of the movie, the BTTF level is great. It is very short but there seems to be a ton to do in Hill Valley.

If you are a fan of the movie, the BTTF level is great. It is very short but there seems to be a ton to do in Hill Valley.
But you really only need Doc to access Hill Valley. The level is what you're paying for, which is super short. And the horrible hoverboard that's pretty much useless (assuming you have a jet/plane).

What character packs are actually needed to complete the game?

Hopefully other people can get in on this deal as well. 👍

Went to GS and I can confirm that none of the Level Packs were 50% off. All I need is the BTTF one and I'll have all of them till GB. Since I know the BTTF one sucks I'm holding out for that $14.99 price point. I got Doc coming in anyway so the BTTF Level in the game can be acessed. Can't complain since I only am paying $3 for him cause the AMZ thing.

Went to GS and I can confirm that none of the Level Packs were 50% off. All I need is the BTTF one and I'll have all of them till GB. Since I know the BTTF one sucks I'm holding out for that $14.99 price point. I got Doc coming in anyway so the BTTF Level in the game can be acessed. Can't complain since I only am paying $3 for him cause the AMZ thing.
Not showing 15 on the site, is it in store only?

Edit: NVM I caught up on the thread and saw it's YMMV.

But you really only need Doc to access Hill Valley. The level is what you're paying for, which is super short. And the horrible hoverboard that's pretty much useless (assuming you have a jet/plane).
True but the level is still really fun. Also, Marty McFly is my son's favorite character hands down because of the guitar.

My son also likes Marty McFly.

Yeah, they could have done better w/ the BTTF level. Still my kids enjoy playing it. I'm a big fan of BTTF, so that had to be my first level pack I got. They really should just make a full LEGO BTTF game.

Anyway, I went to Gamestop last night and only the fun packs were 50% off. None of the sets even had the 50% off sticker that was shown in picture someone posted. I'm guessing that person's store screwed up and marked all of the LEGO Dimensions stuff off instead of just the fun packs like most other stores and the website.

Its BTTF.... What else matters? :p

Im having a hard time choosing between sensei wu and legolas for the pole vault ability. Dont care for LOTR, but hes $1.50 cheaper ahahah.. Decisions decisions... Dang you CAG!!

Im having a hard time choosing between sensei wu and legolas for the pole vault ability. Dont care for LOTR, but hes $1.50 cheaper ahahah.. Decisions decisions... Dang you CAG!!
Well, Sensei Wu will give you access to the Ninjago world. You already have Gandalf (from the starter pack) for the LotR world. :)

That it's not Doctor Who?
Doctor Who is the superior time traveler. ;)

Anyone have any thoughts on the Gollum Fun Pack?  I have it ordered, but it's backordered on amazon, and I'm having second thoughts.  Trying to figure out if it's worth it, or if I should just wait for the Slimer pack in May.

Also, Wonder Woman?  Although it seems like a lot of people like her...

Anyone have any thoughts on the Gollum Fun Pack? I have it ordered, but it's backordered on amazon, and I'm having second thoughts. Trying to figure out if it's worth it, or if I should just wait for the Slimer pack in May.

Also, Wonder Woman? Although it seems like a lot of people like her...
I like Shelob, but she's mostly useless. Easier to control than some other vehicles, and Scooby looks funny riding it.

Wonder Woman is one of the most useful. Flight + strength + bracers, she alone can do tons of stuff. And she comes with a jet that lets anyone else fly.

I like Shelob, but she's mostly useless. Easier to control than some other vehicles, and Scooby looks funny riding it.

Wonder Woman is one of the most useful. Flight + strength + bracers, she alone can do tons of stuff. And she comes with a jet that lets anyone else fly.
How about Krusty? Any thoughts on him? I'm not horribly interested in the Simpsons stuff (not really planning on getting the Simpson Level Pack unless I get a REALLY good deal on it) but he seems fairly useful, and access to another adventure world is nice - just not sure how worthwhile that adventure world is.

How about Krusty? Any thoughts on him? I'm not horribly interested in the Simpsons stuff (not really planning on getting the Simpson Level Pack unless I get a REALLY good deal on it) but he seems fairly useful, and access to another adventure world is nice - just not sure how worthwhile that adventure world is.
Krusty can water plants and clear haz-mat, so there's that. The vehicle's pretty redundant. But Bart is also kinda useful with the slingshot. I don't know who else has Bart's ability.

Edit: A lot of them have Bart's ability. Krusty is the only cleaner/water sprayer unless you upgrade vehicles, and until Aquaman/Slimer come out. Aquaman is the only one with fish talk or whatever lame thing he does. So you can probably get Aquaman, skip Krusty/Bart (assuming you get the Simpsons level pack).

Krusty can water plants and clear haz-mat, so there's that. The vehicle's pretty redundant. But Bart is also kinda useful with the slingshot. I don't know who else has Bart's ability.

Edit: A lot of them have Bart's ability. Krusty is the only cleaner/water sprayer unless you upgrade vehicles, and until Aquaman/Slimer come out. Aquaman is the only one with fish talk or whatever lame thing he does. So you can probably get Aquaman, skip Krusty/Bart (assuming you get the Simpsons level pack).
Yeah, debating skipping Gollum and Krusty, and just waiting on Slimer and Aquaman. But I'm not really planning on getting the Simpson level pack, hence why I was wondering about if that Adventure World was worth getting Krusty for in general. Stupid paywalls.

OTOH, $7.50 each is hard to beat, even if I don't end up using them very often...

Yeah, debating skipping Gollum and Krusty, and just waiting on Slimer and Aquaman. But I'm not really planning on getting the Simpson level pack, hence why I was wondering about if that Adventure World was worth getting Krusty for in general. Stupid paywalls.

OTOH, $7.50 each is hard to beat, even if I don't end up using them very often...
If I were you, I'd get Aquaman and the Simpsons level pack, and skip Gollum/Krusty. I'd wait for the Simpsons pack to be like half off, of course.

I... am actually wondering about buying more Cyberman packs for an army of Cyberman. I already pre-ordered 3... though 1-2 or them will probably end up being $2.50 each.

bread's done
Back