Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's highly doubtful for Indy making his way to Dimensions. Disney wants to keep all of their characters in the Disney Infinity franchise.
Nexo Knights is pretty likely.
Friends is doubtful because the minidoll style of figure clashes with the regular Lego minifigure style in the game.
Minecraft probably has licensing rights tied to existing game and format so I doubt we will see it.

Friends should be in Dimensions I think. My daughter plays with her Friends figures with her regular minifigs with no problem. This being a game aimed at kids the clashing styles should make no difference. 

My Midway and Sta-Puft are due to arrive tomorrow in a combined shipment with a couple other items I ordered within the past week or so (both of which were cases where I took Pantry credit and slower shipping).

So I guess the Midway Level packs aren't getting release day shipping from Amazon? Hopefully someone else's shipped as mine doesn't even have a date yet

So I guess the Midway Level packs aren't getting release day shipping from Amazon? Hopefully someone else's shipped as mine doesn't even have a date yet.
My order status didn't update until Monday, but it's supposed to be delivered Tuesday along with Stay Puft and Aquaman.

I would say yes to the Portal level pack, and no to the Simpsons unless you REALLY like Simpson's. It's apparently one of the shortest levels (less than 15-20mins)
If you already had the figures built and did the absolute minimum, you might be able to finish that quickly, Going at a normal pace and including build time for the two models, it took me at least an hour, and that's with less than half of the minikits collected. It's not a great level, but it is fun, especially if you're familiar with the episode on which it is based.

After setting the game up last night, and adding Superman into it, I think I'm hooked. I'm thinking of buying some more figures while they're still cheap at Best Buy, but I'm not sure which. I still have the Portal level to build, but I'm thinking of just getting the rest of the DC characters for now.

After setting the game up last night, and adding Superman into it, I think I'm hooked. I'm thinking of buying some more figures while they're still cheap at Best Buy, but I'm not sure which. I still have the Portal level to build, but I'm thinking of just getting the rest of the DC characters for now.
If you're keen on snagging some additional packs right away, Amazon is having a sale on a lot of the team, level, and fun packs at the moment.

Anyone had any time with Midway yet? The trailer looked fantastic and made me think they might have saved the most substantial DLC for last. Had no idea all the emulated games were in there. I hated the Midway level in the campaign so this is (hopefully) a pleasant surprise. Also, 7.66 from Amazon so that was nice.  :D/

After getting in on the 20% off BBY GCs I just ordered a starter pack on Xbone, Ghostbusters, Dr Who and Portal level packs and the Stay Puft, Cyberman fun packs.

Anyone had any time with Midway yet? The trailer looked fantastic and made me think they might have saved the most substantial DLC for last. Had no idea all the emulated games were in there. I hated the Midway level in the campaign so this is (hopefully) a pleasant surprise. Also, 7.66 from Amazon so that was nice. :D/
The campaign level is super short (took me an hour to finish), and figure on another 30 min. to 100% the level (including unlocking all the cabinets in the level). Much of the content depends on your personal desire to play the retro games: the campaign requires you to get certain low scores on several of the games to progress,and each of the cabinets also have Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medal scores to chase; but there's no in-game motivation to chase these scores, so it's really a case of YMMV.

One neat thing--again, YMMV--is that every arcade cabinet you unlock in the Midway campaign level is then added to a collection in the open world environment that also comes with this pack. In short: the open world is similar to all the other ones, but also includes an area that houses all the playable arcade games you've unlocked via the campaign.

Having played through the primary Dimensions campaign (which is fantastic, BTW), I do recall several unlocks that I needed the Midway pack for--I imagine that going back to these would unlock more arcade cabinets for the Midway open world content.

After avoiding the whole "toy for videogame" thing like the plague for years, I just ended up getting the Starter pack for XBone, plus the Dr Who level pack and Cyberman character pack. After the GCU discount and some credit I had left, it was just too hard to say no. Sigh...

After avoiding the whole "toy for videogame" thing like the plague for years, I just ended up getting the Starter pack for XBone, plus the Dr Who level pack and Cyberman character pack. After the GCU discount and some credit I had left, it was just too hard to say no. Sigh...
It's fantastic as a Doctor Who game. Lots of content and throwbacks to new and classic episodes. It made it worth my money for that alone.

Ok. I've been steering clear of LD (and this thread) because I already have Skylanders and Disney Infinity ... and my mildly compulsive demeanor make these very costly for me.

I've always loved the Lego standalone games, so I'm probably jumping in this week. Being a big Portal fan and and old school gamer make Portal and Midway packs a must. Maybe in for Dr Who as well. Probably pick up Superman, 'cause he's Superman. I'll need to read up on other must haves.

I've always loved the Lego standalone games, so I'm probably jumping in this week. Being a big Portal fan and and old school gamer make Portal and Midway packs a must. Maybe in for Dr Who as well. Probably pick up Superman, 'cause he's Superman. I'll need to read up on other must haves.
Aquaman, unfortunately, is a must have.

I've been having fun reading some predictions in this thread of future characters and worlds.  I'd imagine that Nexo Knights and Harry Potter are probably given and that a Lego Friends world would be rather likely.  Marvel, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars are almost certainly NOT happening.

But what about other dark horse candidates?  I was blown away to see Dr. Who, Portal, and Back to the Future in this set.  What other complete left-fielders could they surprise us with?

I'd be very glad to see Alien/Predator levels, but they likely won't venture into heavy R properties.

But I'm hoping for Ninja Turtles.  And the ones that completely surprise me will be just like the sets from this first go-round that hit me out of nowhere.  So random that I didn't really see them coming.  Godzilla, GI Joe, Battleship, and some random Mech or zombie property.

I really look forward to when it all gets announced.

I've been having fun reading some predictions in this thread of future characters and worlds. I'd imagine that Nexo Knights and Harry Potter are probably given and that a Lego Friends world would be rather likely. Marvel, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars are almost certainly NOT happening.

But what about other dark horse candidates? I was blown away to see Dr. Who, Portal, and Back to the Future in this set. What other complete left-fielders could they surprise us with?

I'd be very glad to see Alien/Predator levels, but they likely won't venture into heavy R properties.

But I'm hoping for Ninja Turtles. And the ones that completely surprise me will be just like the sets from this first go-round that hit me out of nowhere. So random that I didn't really see them coming. Godzilla, GI Joe, Battleship, and some random Mech or zombie property.

Ninja Turtles won't happen. Mega Bloks has them now. It's sad.

However, I think Speed Racer would be cool.

I've been having fun reading some predictions in this thread of future characters and worlds. I'd imagine that Nexo Knights and Harry Potter are probably given and that a Lego Friends world would be rather likely. Marvel, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars are almost certainly NOT happening.

But what about other dark horse candidates? I was blown away to see Dr. Who, Portal, and Back to the Future in this set. What other complete left-fielders could they surprise us with?

But I'm hoping for Ninja Turtles. And the ones that completely surprise me will be just like the sets from this first go-round that hit me out of nowhere. So random that I didn't really see them coming. Godzilla, GI Joe, Battleship, and some random Mech or zombie property.

Ninja Turtles is a good guess. Likely more 80s movies/TV nostalgia. Maybe other video games (like Portal 2) as well.

Found this site that mentions a leak of pack numbers. They are guessing Harry Potter, E.T, Knight Ridder, A-Team, Teen Titans Go, and others.

http://brickinquirer.com/2015/09/21/report-harry-potter-and-other-franchises-leaked-for-lego-dimensions-2/

Maybe Goonies, Gremlins, Transformers, Star Trek, Flintstones, and retro LEGO characters. :)

Hey even regular LEGO City characters.

Ninja Turtles is a good guess. Likely more 80s movies/TV nostalgia. Maybe other video games (like Portal 2) as well.

Found this site that mentions a leak of pack numbers. They are guessing Harry Potter, E.T, Knight Rider, A-Team, Teen Titans Go, and others.

http://brickinquirer.com/2015/09/21/report-harry-potter-and-other-franchises-leaked-for-lego-dimensions-2/

Maybe Goonies, Gremlins, Transformers, Star Trek, Flintstones, and retro LEGO characters. :)

Hey even regular LEGO City characters.
Turtles will not happen, especially is Mega Blocks has them now. But also, Activision seems to have video game rights now (and that super cool looking new Platinum game). Transformers also are (or were) Mega Blocks, I've always thought Lego should have grabbed them - I used to cobble together my own back in the Gen 1 days.

Harry Potter and Nexo are excellent possibilities. I'd love a Goonies, but that is pretty obscure for the younger crowd (a remake of the Goonies 2 would be awesome, but Konami doesn't like to make video games anymore). A-Team is not likely, nor Knight Rider - people have to remember the target audience is the younger generation (although Dr. Who is an exception obviously. so who knows).

I would love a Teen Titans Go personally. They have DC, and kids love the show. Minecraft would sell gangbusters if they can do it right. Lego City Undercover would be pretty cool, the WiiU game is fantastic and the sets are great. Chase McCain and Rex Fury would make great figures for it.

Mega Bloks took TMNT back last year and any other Nickelodeon/Paramount brand (SpongeBob)

Lots of wishful thinking I here but you have to look at licensing as your foundation when speculating. Transformers and GI Joe are owned by hasbro, who own Kre-o, so that's not happening.

Aside from Nexo and Potter I would think the rest of the Teen Titans (already have Cyborg) characters are likely, DC being owned by WB and all

Knight Rider and A-Team seem too much on the 80's nostalgia side so I'd guess only one at the most. They also aren't really interesting or classic franchises. Imo every thing in Dimensions is a much higher caliber than either of those. That said, even Nexo nights is very green as a Lego brand but they are probably the most interesting and with the highest potential. I'm hoping for some great announcements at E3.

Thinking about taking the Lego Dimensions plunge today with a PS3 Starter Pack and Midway Arcade Level Pack today at Best Buy. Simpsons and Ghost Busters seem like possibilities too. Will things get any cheaper than the sale this week? I'm getting the sense the answer is no.

And to the above speculation on future content: I would literally pee my pants if Goonies or Gremlins expansions were announced.

Thinking about taking the Lego Dimensions plunge today with a PS3 Starter Pack and Midway Arcade Level Pack today at Best Buy. Simpsons and Ghost Busters seem like possibilities too. Will things get any cheaper than the sale this week? I'm getting the sense the answer is no.
Do you have Gamers Club Unlocked? I haven't seen the Starter Packs this low before, although I know they've been close. I paid $48 for my XB1 copy from Amazon Warehouse, but that technically wasn't brand new. The level packs / fun packs are are great prices, though!

Do you have Gamers Club Unlocked? I haven't seen the Starter Packs this low before, although I know they've been close. I paid $48 for my XB1 copy from Amazon Warehouse, but that technically wasn't brand new. The level packs / fun packs are are great prices, though!
I do have GCU, so the PS3 Starter Pack will be $39.99, and the level packs are $15.99. Worth it?

I do have GCU, so the PS3 Starter Pack will be $39.99, and the level packs are $15.99. Worth it?
I would say yes :) Great price. I'm still working my way through it, but between all the levels + adventure worlds, there is quite a bit of content. The Dr. Who / Portal level packs are highly recommended, but I haven't heard much about Midway yet. Simpsons is apparently very short.

Take the plunge and enjoy it! :) lol I THINK the PS3 base works with the PS4 also, if you ever upgrade to a PS4. Can't go Playstation to Xbox though.

I would say yes :) Great price. I'm still working my way through it, but between all the levels + adventure worlds, there is quite a bit of content. The Dr. Who / Portal level packs are highly recommended, but I haven't heard much about Midway yet. Simpsons is apparently very short.

Take the plunge and enjoy it! :) lol I THINK the PS3 base works with the PS4 also, if you ever upgrade to a PS4. Can't go Playstation to Xbox though.
Thanks for the input. I'll still on the fence though. I have a feeling the Starter Packs will see another drop in a few months, maybe to $30. It's so hard paying $39.99 when I just got the Skylanders Superchargers starter for $15!

just a heads up, i was able to use the Curbside promo for $10 on existing accounts to pickup the aquaman and ninjago fun packs for 6 bucks out the door. Just go here to vote to get your credit, and then browse your local target to see what's available using the curbside app. YMMV on what's available. I just picked up stuff that was on sale.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8583714-10-off-on-curbside-order-1-minimum-purchase-for-existing-customers?v=1
Bummer this isn't in San Diego.

Mega Bloks took TMNT back last year and any other Nickelodeon/Paramount brand (SpongeBob)

Lots of wishful thinking I here but you have to look at licensing as your foundation when speculating. Transformers and GI Joe are owned by hasbro, who own Kre-o, so that's not happening.

Aside from Nexo and Potter I would think the rest of the Teen Titans (already have Cyborg) characters are likely, DC being owned by WB and all
I didn't know the TMNT deal had happened. And I'm very hard into doing research on rumors. But this isn't rumoring, wishful thinking, speculation, etc. I was just throwing random properties out as examples. I don't have time to spend researching something so small or else I'd never have time to post at all.

I'm not holding my breath for any of the properties I mentioned. And I wouldn't have hoped for Back to the Future or Dr Who, either. Once upon a time, I was shocked at the release of playsets and video games of Lego Harry Potter and Marvel.

My point is Lego is great at surprising me. And I welcome the next surprises.

Knight Rider and A-Team seem too much on the 80's nostalgia side so I'd guess only one at the most. They also aren't really interesting or classic franchises. Imo every thing in Dimensions is a much higher caliber than either of those. That said, even Nexo nights is very green as a Lego brand but they are probably the most interesting and with the highest potential. I'm hoping for some great announcements at E3.
*Gasp* You take that back.

Kidding, since everyone has their own preferences. Personally, I'd rather see those than half the ones they've already done. I see Nexo as a huge possibility to push the new stuff, DI-style.

And to the above speculation on future content: I would literally pee my pants if Goonies or Gremlins expansions were announced.
If you happen to live near a CEX store (us.webuy.com for locations), they have "used" (they are still sealed) LD sets and starters for really good prices. I wouldn't recommend getting from their online since the shipping is stupid high. That's where I bought mine recently for my son's birthday.

Nexo Knight is the obvious inclusion.

Adventure Time could be the surprise, since the Ideas set just got approved.

This is of course only if they continue to support Lego Dimensions. With new packs releasing at 50% off, I have doubts.

Nexo Knight is the obvious inclusion.

Adventure Time could be the surprise, since the Ideas set just got approved.

This is of course only if they continue to support Lego Dimensions. With new packs releasing at 50% off, I have doubts.
Yeah, I'd agree but all toys to life stuff has pretty regular sales, maybe Lego is just more common and more impressive with the discount. Plus, I still believe the margins are there even at half off. I'm certainly hoping they continue as I think they did a good job for a first effort (though obviously there's been a bunch of Lego games).

I noticed Gamestop.com has a few of the Fun Packs on sale for $4.99. I was going to make an order for a couple of ones I don't have along with another item to put me over the $25 mark but the "SAVER" shipping code is not working. Oh well, may try to pm them at Best Buy or just pass altogether.

I noticed Gamestop.com has a few of the Fun Packs on sale for $4.99. I was going to make an order for a couple of ones I don't have along with another item to put me over the $25 mark but the "SAVER" shipping code is not working. Oh well, may try to pm them at Best Buy or just pass altogether.
Might have to pick up cragger with a price match. Thanks!

So i looked at some list online that shows every character's abilities, and I noticed that having Chell, Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg and Wonder Woman satisfied the majority of those abilities required. Are there any other characters that I'll absolutely need? I'm trying to buy as few as possible while getting the most mileage out of them.

Knight Rider and A-Team seem too much on the 80's nostalgia side so I'd guess only one at the most
Well, we already have Ghostbusters, Midway, Back to the Future, Scooby Doo ... it seems Lego is marketing as much to parents as kids so I wouldn't rule anything out (aside from licensing issues).

My wishlist would include classic space and castle. Highly unlikely and not sexy enough, but that's the nostalgia I'd buy into.

I bit on this game this week.

Got a bunch of fun packs at multiple Targets for 3.74 a pop before tax prime matching Best Buy and using the 50% off cartwheel coupon. Bought the starter pack+a few team packs/level packs with gcu at Best Buy. Are these the best prices we're gonna get anytime soon do you more knowledgeable people think?

bread's done
Back