Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks amazingly legit.
They are if you have an actual store near you, otherwise the shipping is crap. That's where I've purchased 75% of my LD stuff, and it's all been sealed and complete. I'm annoyed they increased the price of the Ghostbusters level by $3 the day I was going to go get it.

Underwater Spinjitsu, yeah.
I know there was a post that said that and probably where you saw it, but as other has already said, there isn't a puzzle needs Dive + Spinjitsu. And I doubt they will add it in latter level packs assuming new players might be hard to get those first year figures later.

I know there was a post that said that and probably where you saw it, but as other has already said, there isn't a puzzle needs Dive + Spinjitsu.
Good to know. I don't care about the Ninjago (or Chima) franchise, so I don't want to have to pick up any more of those characters than are absolutely necessary.

I also saw the post you're probably talking about where someone speculates there might be a dive+spinjitzu area, but couldn't find anything more than that.

Good to know. I don't care about the Ninjago (or Chima) franchise, so I don't want to have to pick up any more of those characters than are absolutely necessary.

I also saw the post you're probably talking about where someone speculates there might be a dive+spinjitzu area, but couldn't find anything more than that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/wiki/tracker

All the below is courtesy of the linked tracker i am just re-posting it

only 18 out of 39 packs according to this list are currently, pre-season 2 update, required to get 100% 480 bricks. (this requires using some vehicles in those packs for abilities)

Packs:

Starter pack

Level Pack: Back to the Future

Level Pack: Doctor Who

Level Pack: Ghostbusters

Level Pack: Midway Arcade

Level Pack: Portal 2

Level Pack: The Simpsons

Team Pack: Jurassic World (vine cutting/adventure world)

Team Pack: Scooby Doo (digging)

Fun Pack: Aquaman (only char with Alantis pools)

Fun Pack: Emmet

Fun Pack: Cragger

Fun Pack: Cyberman

Fun Pack: Sensei Wu

Fun Pack: Slimer

Fun Pack: Unikitty (destroy rainbow blocks)

Fun Pack: Wicked Witch (OZ adventure world)

Fun Pack: Wonder Woman (dive + grapple)

which gives you these abilities: (this does not include supergirl yet)

Accelerator Switch
Acrobat
Arcade Station
Atlantis Pools
Big Transformation
Boomerang
Cargo Hook
Chi
Digging
Dive
Drilling
Drone Access
Electricity
Fix-It
Flight Dock
Flying
*Gliding
Grapple
Growth (Plants)
Gyrosphere Switch
Hacking
Hazard Cleaner
*Hazard Protection
*Ice
Illumination
Invulnerability
Laser
Laser Deflection
Magic
*Magic Shield
Master Builder
Mind Control
Mini Access
Pole Vault
Portal Gun
Rainbow Lego
Relic Detection
Silver Lego Destroy
Sonar Smash
*Speed
Spinjitzu
Stealth
Super Strength
Suspend Ghost
TARDIS Pad
Target
Technology
Time Travel Switch
Tow Bar
Tracking
Trap Ghosts
Vine Cutting
Water Spray
Weight Switch
X-Ray Vision

Combo Abilities:
Dive + Boomerang
Dive + Chi
Dive + Digging
Dive + Drone Access
Dive + Ghost Immunity
Dive + Grapple
Dive + Hacking
Dive + Hazard Cleaner
Dive + Laser
Dive + Mini Access
Dive + Silver Lego Destroy
Dive + Sonar Smash
Dive + Super Strength
#Dive + Target
Dive + Technology
Dive + Tracking
Dive + X-Ray Vision
Flight + Laser

* Ability not required for 100% completion.
† Dive + Target can be achieved by submarine vehicles with Spinning Weapon & Spinners.

That Sonic level looks cool. I didn't know they were having a LEGO Batman Movie story pack as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxpqPEL72Uw

Decided to jump on with Lego Dimensions finally with it being only $35 after GCU at BB. Was waiting for sub $30 but caved because of the other stuff they have on sale.

Speaking of which, I'm having a hard time being new to this game and knowing what packs I should pick up to have the most availability of stuff to do (accessing worlds, etc).

So far I'm thinking of the following:

Portal

Simpsons

Midway Arcade

Jurassic Park

Scooby Doo

Sensei Wu

Wicked Witch

Doc Brown (from Amazon)

My local BB's are out of Ghostbusters and Dr. Who, though I might try to find Ghostbusters at target today.   Does this look like a good "bang for your buck" plan with prices at BB + GCU today?  Any I should remove or others I should include?

No, there's stuff left off of that recommended list at the top, and it lists packs you don't really need. Here's a copy/paste of a post I wrote up on another board that I believe to be accurate.

I tried to be as comprehensive as possible with this list, and it's accurate as far as I am aware. I can't confirm everything firsthand, however, as I am still playing through the game and haven't seen everything yet.

You will need:

All six level packs.

Scooby Doo team pack and the Jurassic World team pack. (There are two other team packs, but only these two are required because they are the only packs that unlock their respective worlds.)

Aquaman - He is the only character with the Atlantis ability and you need that.

Cragger - He has the CHI ability, and since there is reportedly an area where you have to use this underwater, you need Cragger. He is the only character with CHI that can swim under the water.

Cyberman - Get him instead of Doc Brown. Cyberman and Doc Brown are the only two characters with the drone ability, but Cyberman can swim underwater to do underwater hacking terminals. (Haven't seen them myself yet, but people have mentioned them.)

Emmet (or Bane) - He has the drill ability and you will need that. (Bane's vehicle also can drill, but it's easier to just use a character that can do it.)

Sensei Wu - You'll need at least one Ninjago character, so you might as well get this guy. Only Sensei Wu and Legolas have the pole vault ability, so getting Sensei Wu means you won't need Legolas.

Slimer - Slimer is the only one who can sonar smash stuff underwater. He also has the mini access ability, so you won't need Bart, Gollum, or Gimli.

Superman (maybe?) - He's the only character with the freeze breath ability, but I've seen some people say that you never use that ability to solve any puzzles, just freeze enemies in fights, so you might be able to skip him if you want. I will say though, Superman is a great character to have since lots of stuff doesn't hurt him. He can also fly and makes solving stuff a lot quicker. But he might not be 100% necessary. All of his other powers will be covered by other characters if you follow this list. He can also blow up gold bricks underwater with his laser vison, but technically, you could also accomplish this by having a different underwater character eat the upgraded Scooby Snack from the Scooby Doo team pack. That might be a hassle though, so my honest recommendation is to just get Superman because he's so great in the game.

Unikitty - She is the only one who can blow up rainbow bricks, so she's required.

Wicked Witch - This is the only character available to buy from The Wizard of Oz, so she's needed. After you get her, you can basically ditch Gandalf from the starter set too. She has all of his powers and then some.

I think this list should be able to get you 100%. The only underwater characters you won't need (I think) are Cyborg, Gollum, Wonder Woman, and Zane. I don't believe there are any underwater bits where you need to use them underwater in conjunction with their other abilities, but someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Here's the list from earlier in this thread about what you "need".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was able to get 9 Fun Packs and 1 Level Pack for $50 bucks
I used a $5 dollar certificate and price matched Doc Brown and Cyberman from Amazon.

I unlocked mostly every world except for Jurassic World and Scooby Doo

Decided to jump on with Lego Dimensions finally with it being only $35 after GCU at BB. Was waiting for sub $30 but caved because of the other stuff they have on sale.

Speaking of which, I'm having a hard time being new to this game and knowing what packs I should pick up to have the most availability of stuff to do (accessing worlds, etc).

Portal

Simpsons

Midway Arcade

Jurassic Park

Scooby Doo

Sensei Wu

Wicked Witch

Doc Brown (from Amazon)

My local BB's are out of Ghostbusters and Dr. Who, though I might try to find Ghostbusters at target today. Does this look like a good "bang for your buck" plan with prices at BB + GCU today? Any I should remove or others I should include?
If you want to solve more puzzles, Slimer is the best figure with 7 or 8 abilities, at least that will add mini access, dive, sonic and hazard cleaning to what you are going to get.

They are if you have an actual store near you, otherwise the shipping is crap. That's where I've purchased 75% of my LD stuff, and it's all been sealed and complete. I'm annoyed they increased the price of the Ghostbusters level by $3 the day I was going to go get it.
I got a starter pack at a local one. Sealed. X360 for $12. Ordered a bunch online too so am curious too see how that goes.

Pretty sure that whole store is full of stolen merchandise. For fun, show up right before they open and check out the crowd waiting to sell stuff. Mostly it's all very over priced in there, but the starter pack price tag drew me in. Checked the site and found much more. Lego dimensions and some skylanders stuff is the only sealed and cheaper than retail items they seem to carry.

Was able to scoop up the last units of Portal and Simpsons level packs at a Best Buy today...been trying to track down Dr. Who, BttF, and Ghostbusters level packs, but all but Ghostbusters is sold out everywhere...Best Buy, Target and Walmart (and even GB is pretty scarce)....what gives? Were they just the most popular, so they already flew off shelves, or were they produced in lower quantities? I'm just hoping to score a deal on them before the aftermarket price skyrockets...

Here's the list from earlier in this thread about what you "need".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Someone also mentioned you need Wonder Woman for dive+grapple, which I didn't realize, so I didn't put her on my list at the time.

I've also seen people say Emmet is required and not to get Bane because apparently his drill vehicle can only drill into the sides of stuff and not straight down. Can't confirm this myself though; Bane hasn't arrived at my house yet.

Other than that, I believe that list to be accurate.

Someone also mentioned you need Wonder Woman for dive+grapple, which I didn't realize, so I didn't put her on my list at the time.

I've also seen people say Emmet is required and not to get Bane because apparently his drill vehicle can only drill into the sides of stuff and not straight down. Can't confirm this myself though; Bane hasn't arrived at my house yet.

Other than that, I believe that list to be accurate.
You can upgrade Bane's vehicle to dig down

Did BestBuy raise the price of Fun Pack just before their end of 50hr sale? It's now $5.99, my previous order was $4.79 before GCU

Well I only ended up ordering the Portal pack. Was between the Dr Who and Midway packs but didn't want to spend enough to get all three and couldn't decide so I got neither.

No? They've been $5.99 the entire sale...... that's 50% off
oh sorry, you're right, when I was comparing what I paid in earlier order, I forgot I applied the $10 rewards, I thought the Price Total is before GCU which in fact it's after and the Discount is the reward I used

Lego Movie, Lord of the Rings, and Chima fun packs are 70% off with Cartwheel now. Is $3.59 the lowest price these sets have been?

Lego Movie, Lord of the Rings, and Chima fun packs are 70% off with Cartwheel now. Is $3.59 the lowest price these sets have been?
Ugh. I can't believe I'm considering doing another run to flip the ones I just bought at $4.75/ea at Best Buy o save $1 ea... What is _wrong_ with me?? To bad five below doesn't have a 90 day return policy. lol!

I think some were actually $3/ea with cartwheel. I missed that deal but I don't know if people who refer to it are just calling it $3 when it was really $3.60 like this.

There are so many Benny's at the Five and Below near me it's crazy.
Not surprised, he's a minor character in the movie, and doesn't have any unique or rare ability, so other than for collection purpose, not many will pick him up. His existence is like some Disney Infinity figures just to have a full line up for the franchise but destined to be for clearance

The Ghostbusters level pack was out of stock for shipping when it was $11.99 yesterday, but now that it's back to $29.99, it is some how back in stock.

Not surprised, he's a minor character in the movie, and doesn't have any unique or rare ability, so other than for collection purpose, not many will pick him up. His existence is like some Disney Infinity figures just to have a full line up for the franchise but destined to be for clearance
As someone who still has a bunch of late 70's space Legos from my childhood that my son now constructs, Benny was a must for me.

As someone who still has a bunch of late 70's space Legos from my childhood that my son now constructs, Benny was a must for me.
That's the problem of Lego Movie, Chimas and Ninjago, they were all Lego originals, so if you're interested in them before Lego Dimensions, you likely already have their mini figures. It's hard to pay $15 and now $12 regular price for the RFID tags or for a mini figure when you can get a bunch of them for less in a regular Lego set.

That's the problem of Lego Movie, Chimas and Ninjago, they were all Lego originals, so if you're interested in them before Lego Dimensions, you likely already have their mini figures. It's hard to pay $15 and now $12 regular price for the RFID tags or for a mini figure when you can get a bunch of them for less in a regular Lego set.
The best Movie character was in the starter pack too. No, wait I forgot about Unikitty, she's pretty rad. I don't think most people know anything about Ninjago or Chima though, I sure don't. I guess Ninjago does decently on its own though (Chima was recently killed off).

I passed on the deals over at BB since I still don't have anything from Lego Dimensions, but now that the prices went back up to normal MSRP ... holy crap this is another expensive thing to get into. Wished I hadn't passed on some of the level packs (Ghost Busters for example)

I passed on the deals over at BB since I still don't have anything from Lego Dimensions, but now that the prices went back up to normal MSRP ... holy crap this is another expensive thing to get into. Wished I hadn't passed on some of the level packs (Ghost Busters for example)
They'll probably be back at that level eventually since the holidays are coming soon and next year there will be a whole new wave to have room for.

Benny was my favorite character!

SAPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIP

Portal

Simpsons

Midway Arcade

Jurassic Park

Scooby Doo

Sensei Wu

Wicked Witch

Doc Brown (from Amazon)

My local BB's are out of Ghostbusters and Dr. Who, though I might try to find Ghostbusters at target today. Does this look like a good "bang for your buck" plan with prices at BB + GCU today? Any I should remove or others I should include?
wonder women is required in the simpsons adventure world for dive + grapple

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/wiki/tracker for an awesome tracker on how to find which ones you need.

Probably after the software update goes live b/c how do you know which sets you need unless they can check which ones are necessary. For instance so far I haven't seen a ton of fun packs that are redundant i.e. not a new franchise (adventure world) besides iirc Adventure Time iirc it has two packs but depending ob abilities whether or not you need both sets.

Just wondering, but someone mentioned a "rental" mode or something of that sort that would let you checkout characters that you don't have. Wouldn't that help in getting the 100% completion without having to buy every single pack out there?

I don't have the game so I'm really asking out of curiosity. I just can't really imagine the idea of shelling out cash just so I can get x or y thing done, but I guess given all DLC now a days its not that crazy of an idea.

Renting a character

Just wondering, but someone mentioned a "rental" mode or something of that sort that would let you checkout characters that you don't have. Wouldn't that help in getting the 100% completion without having to buy every single pack out there?

I don't have the game so I'm really asking out of curiosity. I just can't really imagine the idea of shelling out cash just so I can get x or y thing done, but I guess given all DLC now a days its not that crazy of an idea.
This is minor info about hire a hero.

• Not every obstacle leads directly to a reward - multiple abilities may be required to reach the reward, and the 2nd ability isn't always available for hire. Example: Chell may be hired and used to create a portal to reach a new area, but getting to the actual reward may then require the Companion Cube, which is not available for hire. Result: 50,000 studs wasted.
  • In some instances, it may be necessary to collect the reward (i.e. stud brick or minikit piece) before the timer is up, otherwise the obstacle will reset.
  • First use of a character: 50,000 studs
  • Second use of same character: 75,000 studs
  • Third use of same character: 125,000 studs
  • Fourth & subsequent uses of same character: 250,000 studs
I believe that items require the companion cub (only in portal level pack) , some can require the tardis(only dr. who pack) you can't rent a vehicle but I'm not sure if some things only require vehicles but the list i posted tells you that you only need 18 packs out of 39 which is a bit of money saved and if you watch for sales.

Just grabbed Unikitty, Gimili, Emmett, Bad Cop, and Cragger at the West Side Target in Wichita, KS all for 18.50 after everything was said and done!

bread's done
Back