Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us peasants who don't have GCU, the Target sale started yesterday. The Supergirl PS4 starter was out-of-stock online last night and in one of my area stores, but I managed to grab one from the other store. I couldn't use my RedCard for some reason, though, so it came out to $32.99.

I bought mine from Amz last night since they price matched ET and Superman for $5.99

I didn't want to spend more on lego dimensions but damn they know how to pull you back in.

For those of us peasants who don't have GCU, the Target sale started yesterday. The Supergirl PS4 starter was out-of-stock online last night and in one of my area stores, but I managed to grab one from the other store. I couldn't use my RedCard for some reason, though, so it came out to $32.99.
supergirl starter pack was available online today. Got it with my red card.

First time buyer of Dimensions, here.

Gotta say, I'm liking this a helluva lot more than I ever enjoyed Infinity.

I've already bought too damn many of these sets; I have access to almost every world now, barring the story sets and some team packs.

First time buyer of Dimensions, here.

Gotta say, I'm liking this a helluva lot more than I ever enjoyed Infinity.

I've already bought too damn many of these sets; I have access to almost every world now, barring the story sets and some team packs.
100% agree. We went all-in on Infinity (I have every single figure and power disc) and I never had as much fun as I'm having with Dimensions. I snagged the starter pack about a month ago and since snagged every single thing released for Dimensions with all the sales that have been going on. Most of it is still sealed so I can slowly dole it out to my 6-year-old and I over the next few months, but I can't freakin' wait.

I don't know guys, Infinity 3.0 was pretty great. Dimensions is just more of the same game we have been playing for years with all the Lego games, this time with toys and now I can play as Doctor Who in Middle Earth.

Agreed. If I wasn't a fan of minifigs to begin with, I don't think I would have bought all of them. It's a rip-off compared to the stand-alone LEGO games.

Agreed. If I wasn't a fan of minifigs to begin with, I don't think I would have bought all of them. It's a rip-off compared to the stand-alone LEGO games.
I don't disagree. But thankfully when you catch these on their various sales, they're frequently a better deal than the blind-bag minifigs or small lego sets.

I don't disagree. But thankfully when you catch these on their various sales, they're frequently a better deal than the blind-bag minifigs or small lego sets.
MSRP on these sets, small and large, is pretty excessive.

But sales on these seem much more prevalent than on Infinity (prior to its cancellation) or Nintendo. I can't comment on Skylanders, since I haven't researched it since the series carries the least appeal for me of the bunch.

Ended up getting on this train tonight with the $25 off $100 with Visa checkout from Best Buy.  I wanted two games, but wanted to hit the $100 mark, so I took a chance and picked up the starter kit.  My daughter somewhat enjoyed Dimensions, but she is now completely enamored with Legos.  I'm sure she'll love this.

Also jumped in last night with the $25 off $100.. got the PS4 starter kit (wish they had the super girl version in stock), Ghostbusters story pack, all but Sonic and Back to the Future level packs (oos), 4 fun packs, and Mafia 3 in 2 separate orders for a total of $165! (Mafia 3 being about $35 of that)  Great deal, now just need to hunt down those other 2 level packs and wait for a sale on the fantastic beasts story pack.

Man, I'd love to get The Harry Potter collection, but I already paid $30 for it on BF at GameStop. I still have it sealed, but is it worth it to try to return it at Gamestop to save $15? I've never tried to do a return with them and I feel like they would just try to sell me more stuff.

Man, I'd love to get The Harry Potter collection, but I already paid $30 for it on BF at GameStop. I still have it sealed, but is it worth it to try to return it at Gamestop to save $15? I've never tried to do a return with them and I feel like they would just try to sell me more stuff.
If you are within the return period I would say return and rebuy elsewhere. $15 is pretty decent chunk of change. Just say I want to return, have them complete the return. Once you get your money back, tell them you want to look around. Give a nod and a wink and slip out the door

Boy I really want the Harry Potter Collection for $15, just really wished it was Digital. Hurry up PSN and make it cheap so I can buy it digital :pray:

Yes, that's almost the price of another game or a starter set when discounted :beer: . As long as you are within the return window they don't care about it at all.

Well, yes, but isn't another TTL game a more legitimate comparison? After all, the premise behind something like LEGO Jurassic World is just to sell a piece of software, but the premise behind LEGO Dimensions or Disney Infinity or Skylanders is nominally to sell a piece of software, but really it's to sell all of the various and sundry toys that are available or will be made available in the future. It appeals to the Pokemon mentality. The standard LEGO games do as well (to the OCD among us) by allowing players to unlock additional characters in-game, but there's no way outside of DLC for the dev/publisher to monetize that; it's akin to having side quests in an RPG--players who like the game may feel driven to complete them, but whether or not they choose to, it won't affect the bottom line of the dev/pub.

Probably the key is to look at them in a similar vein to standard LEGO sets, which is a comparison you can't make in many instances, because, for the most part, other TTLs are creating a market rather than what LEGO does, by, to a certain extent, tapping into an existing market of LEGO collectors and aficionados. You'd be hard-pressed to find a standard licensed LEGO set on shelves for much less than what a Dimensions fun pack costs, even at MSRP. The cheapest sets are $10-12.

Blind bags in general tend to be a rip-off; $3-5 for a single figure. On the other hand, the marketing-think is "what's our competition?" It's not like you can get LEGO minifigures or Walking Dead figures or Game of Thrones figures or Doctor Who figures or whatever it is from someone else (aside from secondary markets, where they're unlikely to be cheaper).

kind of a crappy selection on the ones that are on sale though. :/
Krusty is a cheap way to get access to Simpson's Springfield, and has more abilities than Bart, the other alternative. The Wicked Witch gives you access to the Oz world, and has pretty cool abilities, unless you own the Harry Potter pack, as he and Voldemort have all her abilities, plus more.

I don't know guys, Infinity 3.0 was pretty great. Dimensions is just more of the same game we have been playing for years with all the Lego games, this time with toys and now I can play as Doctor Who in Middle Earth.
I like me some Disney Infinity. But the description of Lego: Dimensions you just listed is exactly why I like it so much. I've been a fan of the Lego-themed video games for years. And Dimensions is basically one of those, with a lot more variety in the themes and gameplay. It's the team behind all of those Lego games I love getting to play around with a whole bunch of properties at once. And they do a good job with it. One of the biggest problems with Disney Infinity was how ham-strung the team was with how they could handle their various properties. (not being able to bring different characters into any playset) The Infinity team had plenty of creativity, but some of the corporate politics behind the scenes tied their hands a bit too much. In Lego Dimensions they don't seem to be quite as constrained.

I know there's a download button, but is there a way to actually download this to my computer? Everytime I load it up, it lags or crashes my browser.
No, not really. It's a Google Docs spreadsheet, so you can make a copy for use with your own Google account, but you wouldn't actually store it locally (although you can download your copy from Google Docs if you really want to). If you're having problems accessing it, try using Chrome. I have issues accessing my OneDrive account in a non-Microsoft browser.

The only bad thing about this sheet is that, when you update to a new revision, you have to manually transfer all of your old information to the new version. Otherwise, it's a handy way of keeping track of what you have and what you can do.

I ordered ET on Black Friday from Amazon and I still haven't gotten a shipping notice. Anyone else run into this?
Because its backordered... you need to wait until they get more so they can start to ship them out, check your order email and you will see that it was back ordered.

Eh, I don't count those. If you'll notice, they're called "micros" for a reason--the figures are actually smaller than standard LEGO minifigures, which bothers me for some inexplicable reason.
It's easy enough to order the matching color feet.

Because its backordered... you need to wait until they get more so they can start to ship them out, check your order email and you will see that it was back ordered.
Yes I am well aware of what backoreded is, I'm asking if anyone else ordered the same same thing on the same day, and received theirs yet

Yes I am well aware of what backoreded is, I'm asking if anyone else ordered the same same thing on the same day, and received theirs yet
That is not quite what you asked, but like you I'm waiting for it as well. If I remember correctly the projected dates were on late December.

Eh, I don't count those. If you'll notice, they're called "micros" for a reason--the figures are actually smaller than standard LEGO minifigures, which bothers me for some inexplicable reason.
Thanks for mentioning this. I almost got a few sets for the kids thinking the "micro" was more about the number of pieces/size of the vehicles. I didn't think Lego would go to the trouble of making even smaller figures,

It's easy enough to order the matching color feet.
I suppose that's true. It honestly never crossed my mind, but then the only one of these I've ever gotten was a gift. The other thing that bugs me about some of the figures is that they look a bit ridiculous. Compare The Flash from 76063 and 76012.

Also, and I'm nitpicking here, but what the hell? Why does The Flash need to drive around a goofy Flash-themed car? He's The freakin' Flash! He can run faster than any car ever made!

Thanks for mentioning this. I almost got a few sets for the kids thinking the "micro" was more about the number of pieces/size of the vehicles. I didn't think Lego would go to the trouble of making even smaller figures,
It's a bit of both, I think. Plus it may be a sly reference to the Micro Machines of old (are those still a thing?), because every one of these sets has buildable cars.

There's plentyn of dwarf LEGO figures. The hobbits, Christmas elves, characters like Dobby, all have the shorter, non-articulated legs.
Well, yes, but those characters are short in the lore as well; I mean, the other name for hobbit is halfling, so that makes sense. But these other characters are not supposed to be shorter, so it seems to be a deliberate marketing strategy of pushing these small sets toward a younger crowd (not nerdly adult weirdos).

Also check their faces. They're a lot sillier. Green Goblin's faces are very different from what you'd expect the real figures of him would be (considering there is a Green Goblin figure in the junior sets).

Also, and I'm nitpicking here, but what the hell? Why does The Flash need to drive around a goofy Flash-themed car? He's The freakin' Flash! He can run faster than any car ever made!

It's a bit of both, I think. Plus it may be a sly reference to the Micro Machines of old (are those still a thing?), because every one of these sets has buildable cars.
LEGO is releasing a Hulk vs Red Hulk set in which the Hulks drive monster trucks.

Like seriously, they are Hulks why would they be racing each other?!

Micro Machines are still a thing, just not i the USA. The UK still gets them.

LEGO is releasing a Hulk vs Red Hulk set in which the Hulks drive monster trucks.

Like seriously, they are Hulks why would they be racing each other?!
What if Hulks just want to enjoy a good cruise and have fun racing, just because they don't have to doesn't mean they can't if it's fun!

I thought they weren't able to release any Marvel properties because of Disney Infinity? I haven't seen any announcements about Hulk yet. What's the source?

bread's done
Back