Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
so did bestbuy stop offering the extra buck off for store pickup?
I got it to work by putting the stuff in my cart, updating to shipping then refreshing the cart and then choosing store pick up. You only get the $1 per item that can be picked up today it seemed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I could have saved $5 then. Poop.
I got it to work by putting the stuff in my cart, updating to shipping then refreshing the cart and then choosing store pick up. You only get the $1 per item that can be picked up today it seemed.

I have that one but am missing the slimer one. Also my Peter venkman doesn't even work and since I bought it so long ago I cannot provide an up to date receipt or picture of the box.
Slimer isn't necessary. His abilities are had by other characters you'll end up getting anyway.

Now the question is, do I buy Teen Titans Team Pack? Raven is cool, and her portals are exclusive to her, and necessary to obtain 3 gold bricks (and 100% the game), but Beast Boy is the epitome of lameness! He's the worst team pack-in since the ACU trooper from Jurassic World.

I have that one but am missing the slimer one. Also my Peter venkman doesn't even work and since I bought it so long ago I cannot provide an up to date receipt or picture of the box.
Try putting the disc underneath the base to activate, really odd but I've had a few customers at work say it worked for them. Haven't tested myself since Ixve never gotten a faulty disc

If I'm just looking to unlock each world, is there any reason to get the Team Packs of Teen Titans Go or Powerpuff girls, versus the Fun Packs from those series?  Or maybe the question should be, are there any abilities in those Team Packs that I need to 100% the levels?  Don't care so much about the characters, just having all abilities covered.  Thanks.

If I'm just looking to unlock each world, is there any reason to get the Team Packs of Teen Titans Go or Powerpuff girls, versus the Fun Packs from those series? Or maybe the question should be, are there any abilities in those Team Packs that I need to 100% the levels? Don't care so much about the characters, just having all abilities covered. Thanks.
you sholdnt have to buy any team packs or fun packs if youre only trying to get trophies/achievements. if thats what youre asking. if you want all the worlds however youl need to buy atleast 1 character from each world.

If I'm just looking to unlock each world, is there any reason to get the Team Packs of Teen Titans Go or Powerpuff girls, versus the Fun Packs from those series? Or maybe the question should be, are there any abilities in those Team Packs that I need to 100% the levels? Don't care so much about the characters, just having all abilities covered. Thanks.
You need the Teen Titans team pack for Raven's portals

I price matched at Target and they let me use cartwheel without issue. Picked up the Supergirl starter pack for $20, plus the Batgirl story pack, Beetlejuice, teen Titans, and joker/Harley for another $37.

Slimer isn't necessary. His abilities are had by other characters you'll end up getting anyway.
Right I know but I meant for my collecting purposes, I want to collect most of them, not sure if I have the money or care for em all but there's quite a bit more I want, now that I started playing it.

You need the Teen Titans team pack for Raven's portals
Starfire is one of two characters with underwater rainbow brick blowups, Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls Team Pack, being the other with this skill. I am not sure if there are any gold bricks to get or missions that require this ability to complete, but if so, you'll need one of them.

I was able to find a single Super-Girl starter set at my local Best Buy. Grabbed it while the grabbing was good. My Lego Dimensions collection is now well and truly complete.

Well my black Friday deals fell a little short but still managed to grab a bunch of good deals. Got all 3 story packs for $15 each from Gamestop, grabbed teen titans team and power puff girls team packs for $10 also. Then the grabbed slimer for $7 not the best price but he seems to be hard to find and on sale.

Then last week from toys r us I got E.T. and A-Team fun packs for $6 then sonic and goonies levels for $15, didn't get to finish my haul though as I'm trying to do this while out of town/traveling and now I'm sick so my run is over for now :(

Best Buy is having the 50% off Lego Dimensions as part of the Cyber Monday sale and stacks with the GCU. Picked up the Ghostbusters story pack because it’s the only set left that I don’t have and at $15 bucks (minus the $1 off in store pick up) was close enough to the $10 price point I was was willing to buy it for.

Thanks for the reminder. I put in an order for all the PPGs, The Goonies, and Beetlejuice. Should be fun sets to play with, and must-have minifigs for me!

Best Buy is having the 50% off Lego Dimensions as part of the Cyber Monday sale and stacks with the GCU. Picked up the Ghostbusters story pack because it’s the only set left that I don’t have and at $15 bucks (minus the $1 off in store pick up) was close enough to the $10 price point I was was willing to buy it for.
fuck.

Even though it is still Monday (West coast, 10:30pm) I guess this is over. I haven't played this game in a long time and still have lots of packs I never opened from last year, but I would have gotten the PPG one for sure. It is just showing as $24.99/$19.99 GCU now. I assume that is just regular price. Damn.

I had this game on PS4 with a few sets like Portal, LOTR, and I just bought the starter kit on Xbox, with the 50% off from BB, can I use on the Xbox again the same figures from the sets I already used on my PS4? or once they are used in one system they are locked in?

I had this game on PS4 with a few sets like Portal, LOTR, and I just bought the starter kit on Xbox, with the 50% off from BB, can I use on the Xbox again the same figures from the sets I already used on my PS4? or once they are used in one system they are locked in?
The figures and vehicles, as I understand it, are system-agnostic. That's why you can buy Fun Packs, Level Packs, and Story Packs and use them with any version of the game.

Can be used on any system at any time, the portal just reads their NFC chip. You might have to restart the vehicles back at level 1 though i think

The figures and vehicles, as I understand it, are system-agnostic. That's why you can buy Fun Packs, Level Packs, and Story Packs and use them with any version of the game.
And unlike Disney Infinity and Skylanders, there is no ownership of the toy (so, no ownership transfer and no leveling of the character). You can use it in any system and anyone's system.

Can be used on any system at any time, the portal just reads their NFC chip. You might have to restart the vehicles back at level 1 though i think
Vehicles will save at their current state, but if you want to make any upgrades, you need to either use the system you created them on, or reset them.

Several sets are on sale at target.com and there's a cartwheel discount of 30% that will stack in store if you can pricematch the web site. Brings the total cost close to best buy sale prices for things OOS at BB.

Picked up my last set ever (Ghostbusters level), barring another dollar store deal, for ~12 doing this.

Several sets are on sale at target.com and there's a cartwheel discount of 30% that will stack in store if you can pricematch the web site. Brings the total cost close to best buy sale prices for things OOS at BB.

Picked up my last set ever (Ghostbusters level), barring another dollar store deal, for ~12 doing this.
Good to know. I got denied a PM at Target on Monday for the BB deal. Worth checking to pick up the Gremlins set I need.

Yes I know they are supposed to deny price match plus cartwheel but thought they’d make an exception since it was their own site

Yea I don't remember seeing that best buy sale for Monday again but maybe I just didn't check, can't remember. But yea Target had a few low prices that were worth it the other day and had 15$ off so I managed to get Gremlins and Adventure Time for totaling about $11.40 each not bad.

Still looking for Green Arrow if anyone has any hookups?

I actually got the PM and had Cartwheel stack. I got the Gremlins set for $8.81. It always helps if you buy a lot of extra items.

Yes I know they are supposed to deny price match plus cartwheel but thought they’d make an exception since it was their own site
No. The site is supposed to reflect any sale price they have for online items if they want it to also be on sale, and often it will be marked down to match the Cartwheel deal. Cartwheel is to get you in the store rather than just a mark down on the shelf - like the customer shopping cards at grocery stores to make you feel "special". If they stack them you are essentially getting the discount twice.

No. The site is supposed to reflect any sale price they have for online items if they want it to also be on sale, and often it will be marked down to match the Cartwheel deal. Cartwheel is to get you in the store rather than just a mark down on the shelf - like the customer shopping cards at grocery stores to make you feel "special". If they stack them you are essentially getting the discount twice.
Yes you are not telling me anything I don’t know already, been shopping at target and know the ins and outs forever. I have been able to price match other stores and get cart wheel to stack before by buying other items and not mentioning it but I have also had cashiers who know what to look for when they ring me up and have told me it’s one or the other. This time out I asked if they would price match their own site, fully acknowledging they don’t for competitor sites, and get cart wheel to stack, figured it was worth a shot since I had only one item and was in a rush. She said no and I said ok, end of story, not a big deal.

Yes you are not telling me anything I don’t know already, been shopping at target and know the ins and outs forever. I have been able to price match other stores and get cart wheel to stack before by buying other items and not mentioning it but I have also had cashiers who know what to look for when they ring me up and have told me it’s one or the other. This time out I asked if they would price match their own site, fully acknowledging they don’t for competitor sites, and get cart wheel to stack, figured it was worth a shot since I had only one item and was in a rush. She said no and I said ok, end of story, not a big deal.
Ok, I was under the impression you were unaware of the ins and outs since you thought there was an exception for Target's own website.

Are we allowed trades in here?

I still have
2 x Portal 2 level pack
1 x Scooby Doo team pack
1 x Krusty fun pack
1 x Nya fun pack

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

30% off all LEGO Dimensions this week at Target with Cartwheel coupon. And, an extra 5% off with Red card. They also have put a lot of the year one figures on clearance, and the Cartwheel coupon will work for them. Limit of four packs per transaction. If you buy more than four, the 30% discount will only come off of four of them.

bread's done
Back