Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt it. That set was replaced in the spring by the Aquaman version. If your Target still has them, you should probably buy them at 50% off.
I just saw another one today. If I didn't have it already, I would've bought it. If anyone wants it, I'll pick it up for actual price plus shipping.

fucking TRU.com canceled part of my order from their BF sale. A cancellation I can live with, it's the fact they waited two weeks later to tell me. And it's not because they didn't know at the time, it's just their shitty emailing/account notification system as I've been burned by them before on shit that they knew was oos and they never bothered to tell me. It's why until two weeks ago I stopped dealing with them online as I was sick of buying stuff just to get told later it was no longer available or worse, a time where they literally never emailed or updated my order status at all and I found out by jumping through CS hoops that it was.

I bought a PS4 Starter Set with Supergirl from a local Target because Cartwheel 30% + Red Card 5% + mailer coupon that got me a $10GC with $50 purchase. So the set came out to about $42, not counting the $10 I got back.

Guess I'll try to sell the extra set (minus Supergirl) complete, opened but new. Looks like I can get $30 or even $40 for it, which is way better than I expected!

So...looking for some help. I have an X1 starter pack, 360 starter pack, all achievement related packs aside from Midway, Adventure Time, and Back to the Future, as well as 13 extra fun packs and 3 team packs. All opened but in perfect condition, in individual Ziploc baggies with manuals included. Can someone tell me what would be a fair eBay price?

Prices have dropped on Target's website to better than Black Friday prices on most sets. Also, this week the Target Cartwheel deal went up another 10%, making it 40% off all packs in stores this week.

Too bad the online prices weren't in store and then use the cartwheel or can you do that somehow?
The online already has had the cartwheel applied. They aren't supposed to allow a pricematch and cartwheel, but a lot of people on here have been able to do it. Depends on who you get as a clerk.

Oh ok, that makes those posts make alot more sense to me now lol. I haven't used cartwheel before so I wasn't sure what they were talking about, but yea that clears it up.

I spent some time this weekend mothballing my now complete collection of Lego Dimensions figures and playsets. I folded down all of the boxes, which is actually pretty easy given the way they were designed. I kept the thick boxes that the starter packs came in intact, and stuffed all of the folded-down playset boxes into them. Then I broke down all of the individual Lego sets, and put their pieces into Ziploc sandwich bags that I affixed labels to. I organized them by general category, Lord of the Rings, Lego Movie, DC Super Heroes, etc... This meant that a few of them got to essentially have their own bag, but I had a full box of Ziploc bags in my kitchen, so that wasn't a problem.

After all this obsessive-compulsive organizing, I was able to squeeze all of the freshly dismantled content into a single flat, plastic storage container. Overall, it was very satisfactory. There was just about the right amount of room. Little enough extra volume to insure that everything would remain largely motionless, but enough so that it didn't feel cramped.

I spent some time this weekend mothballing my now complete collection of Lego Dimensions figures and playsets. I folded down all of the boxes, which is actually pretty easy given the way they were designed. I kept the thick boxes that the starter packs came in intact, and stuffed all of the folded-down playset boxes into them. Then I broke down all of the individual Lego sets, and put their pieces into Ziploc sandwich bags that I affixed labels to. I organized them by general category, Lord of the Rings, Lego Movie, DC Super Heroes, etc... This meant that a few of them got to essentially have their own bag, but I had a full box of Ziploc bags in my kitchen, so that wasn't a problem.

After all this obsessive-compulsive organizing, I was able to squeeze all of the freshly dismantled content into a single flat, plastic storage container. Overall, it was very satisfactory. There was just about the right amount of room. Little enough extra volume to insure that everything would remain largely motionless, but enough so that it didn't feel cramped.
Seems like a waste to go and collect it all, only to break it down and put it away. Even if it's discontinued, there's still several hundred hours of content. I've racked up 60+ hours on my game, and haven't come close to chasing down every gold brick. I haven't even got all the golds from a single adventure world yet.

Seems like a waste to go and collect it all, only to break it down and put it away. Even if it's discontinued, there's still several hundred hours of content. I've racked up 60+ hours on my game, and haven't come close to chasing down every gold brick. I haven't even got all the golds from a single adventure world yet.
Only the tags are required to play the game and you only need a few blank tags for vehicles of special abilities, all toys can be put away.

And ask all those Lego collectors who don't even open boxes and have tens of sealed boxes stacking up.

And ask all those Lego collectors who don't even open boxes and have tens of sealed boxes stacking up.
Tens. Cute.
:lol:

Very cute. I needed a laugh. I have ten from just this month. Hell I have most of the Dimension line, none of the consoles that play them, and half of them I still haven't opened.

And while I'm here. Target hs $20 off of every $100, up to $500, and the Dimensions are well priced.

The day has finally come. Tons of LEGO Dimensions on clearance in my local Target stores, and the Target ad says all LEGO Dimensions are 50% Off this week, which I imagine will include the clearance figures as well. And, since the 50% off isn't a cartwheel coupon, I believe that you can buy as much as you want.

Even online, the prices at Target are pretty much $12 for Level Packs and $9 for team and $6 still for fun packs.

50% off means nothing as 50% off is the normal price. 

FYI you can still get the $1 off for store pick up on these at Best Buy. On the checkout page just switch to shipping then back to in store pickup and it will take the buck off. Got the final 4 character sets for a friend for Christmas for $3.79 each with GC stacking. If your missing anything now is probably the last chance for a lot of these.

FYI you can still get the $1 off for store pick up on these at Best Buy. On the checkout page just switch to shipping then back to in store pickup and it will take the buck off. Got the final 4 character sets for a friend for Christmas for $3.79 each with GC stacking. If your missing anything now is probably the last chance for a lot of these.
Only new sets I am missing are the two Powerpuff Girls sets....And I can't seem to bring myself to buy these since I have no affinity for them at all. Also as far as I know they add nothing to the game in terms of unique skills.....But the price on them is good, so I am torn.

Even online, the prices at Target are pretty much $12 for Level Packs and $9 for team and $6 still for fun packs.

50% off means nothing as 50% off is the normal price.
Picked up Ghostbusters 1984 level pack for about what it would cost to buy it during the BB sale, if BB still carried it. It's not even listed anymore. However, the Adventure Time team and level packs that have been sold out the last several times this sale was offered are now available again.

If these get any cheaper, I might just buy the minimum for a friend this Christmas.  

Might start out with the starter pack, a level pack they might like, and a fun pack I bought as a duplicate. 

Would it be a bad idea, since it's so late into the Lego Dimensions life to introduce someone to the series?

If these get any cheaper, I might just buy the minimum for a friend this Christmas.
Might start out with the starter pack, a level pack they might like, and a fun pack I bought as a duplicate.
Would it be a bad idea, since it's so late into the Lego Dimensions life to introduce someone to the series?
This is the best time, because it is so cheap, and most sets are still available. I got in on Disney Infinity too late,and I only have a handful of figures, and I got in on Skylanders on the ground floor, meaning that I ended up spending way too much money. The few months after a game is cancelled is probably the sweet spot for cheap prices, and still getting the opportunity to complete the collection for cheap. LEGOs never lose value, and some of these Minifigures are only available for Dimensions. So, eventually they will skyrocket in price on eBay. It's better to get them now, while they are cheap.

It's a great time. The LEGO will always be worth something, and the game is still playable.

Only new sets I am missing are the two Powerpuff Girls sets....And I can't seem to bring myself to buy these since I have no affinity for them at all. Also as far as I know they add nothing to the game in terms of unique skills.....But the price on them is good, so I am torn.
You need one to access the Powerpuff Girls world, and Bubbles (of the team pack) has a lot of abilities that only a few characters have (although Starfire shares a lot of them). If you want to 100% the game, you need one of them. Besides, they're awesome whether you've seen the show or not.

You need one to access the Powerpuff Girls world, and Bubbles (of the team pack) has a lot of abilities that only a few characters have (although Starfire shares a lot of them). If you want to 100% the game, you need one of them. Besides, they're awesome whether you've seen the show or not.
Screw it, I don't need money anyway.

How does the Best Buy store pickup work with the $1?  Is it per item or per order? Go checkout and find out.

I got it. $7 off eight items.

Seems like a waste to go and collect it all, only to break it down and put it away.
I get where you're coming from, and to a certain degree I agree with you. Unfortunately, my gaming time is limited these days, and I can't afford to spend a huge amount of time playing through the game right now. Also, I consider assembling the little sets to be a big part of the appeal, so I don't mind re-assembling them at some point in the future. In addition to this, I now have several nephews and nieces, and I was kind of planning on busting the whole set back out in a few years, and playing through it with them. Having it neat and organized will make that process easier.

How does the Best Buy store pickup work with the $1? Is it per item or per order? Go checkout and find out.

I got it. $7 off eight items.
Don't try to make sense of the BB pick up. I did four fun packs and it was $4 off. And then they made a mistake and refunded me one of the items, so yay.

But then I was going to buy 6 more in a different order, $3 off.

Which Story Pack is better Fantastic Beast or Lego Batman Movie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lego Batman's portal build is the worst, while Fantastic Beast's is the best. Batman comes with 2 figures, but neither has exclusive abilities, while Newt has an exclusive briefcase ability that is necessary to 100% the game (though Hire-a-Hero was available in at least one occasion). I personally liked Fantastic Beasts levels better, as Batman's levels played too much like the Lego Batman standalones (if you don't own those, you can always pick part 3 up during PSN sales for $5.00). You really can't go wrong either way: I paid $20 each, and felt like I got a fair deal. At this price, it's a no brainer.

Yes, and probably.
Nice! and great!

Now to decide on the $11.99 level packs: Goonies, Adventure Time (edit-sold out) and Mission Impossible-(sold out).

Edit

The $1 store pickup is longer working for me. Most items are available today.

You can try contacting Lego, but since that set was discontinued almost a year ago, they'll probably assume you found it at clearance and may not help you.

Your store still had Starter Packs with Supergirl? Wow!
I did a Target Brickseek search and a few locally (Tampa Bay, Florida) were said to have limited stock for the PS4. The first Target I went to in Pinellas Park actually had none that I could find, but the second I visited in St. Petersburg had one next to the other versions. Sadly every single store around me seems to be out now.

This is the DPCI I used on Brickseek: 207-03-2043

I did a Target Brickseek search and a few locally (Tampa Bay, Florida) were said to have limited stock for the PS4. The first Target I went to in Pinellas Park actually had none that I could find, but the second I visited in St. Petersburg had one next to the other versions. Sadly every single store around me seems to be out now.

This is the DPCI I used on Brickseek: 207-03-2043
WOW! You are very lucky! Like elessar123 said above, that set was discontinued almost a year ago. None of the stores be it Best Buy, Target, or Walmart have had any in my area since the set went out of print. Good find!

WOW! You are very lucky! Like elessar123 said above, that set was discontinued almost a year ago. None of the stores be it Best Buy, Target, or Walmart have had any in my area since the set went out of print. Good find!
That's the risk/trade off of waiting for a price drop.

And the Supergirl startert pack had gone down to like $40 to $30 at Target and BestBuy w/ GCU before they were discontinued. (I knew that because I bought a coupe of them to resell the starter pack and supergirl separately)

That's the risk/trade off of waiting for a price drop.

And the Supergirl startert pack had gone down to like $40 to $30 at Target and BestBuy w/ GCU before they were discontinued. (I knew that because I bought a coupe of them to resell the starter pack and supergirl separately)
Yep, that's when I got mine. It was a gamble though, because no one knew if they were going to release Super Girl separately, so people waited. Now we know they aren't, and it became the hardest one to get because of it.

Lego Batman's portal build is the worst, while Fantastic Beast's is the best. Batman comes with 2 figures, but neither has exclusive abilities, while Newt has an exclusive briefcase ability that is necessary to 100% the game (though Hire-a-Hero was available in at least one occasion). I personally liked Fantastic Beasts levels better, as Batman's levels played too much like the Lego Batman standalones (if you don't own those, you can always pick part 3 up during PSN sales for $5.00). You really can't go wrong either way: I paid $20 each, and felt like I got a fair deal. At this price, it's a no brainer.
Cool I’ll take your recommendation

And I own all Lego games except for the new Lego Marvel and Lego Ninjago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad news. Target just put all prices back to MSRP, after putting some sets as low as 70% off on the website, and in stores. I guess that it was just to get more people to buy them before Christmas. I went in and all the clearance ones were gone, and all the others were back at full price, and fully stocked.

bread's done
Back