Lego Star Wars II - General Discussion - Demo on XBL now

Sweet,
The first one was the only game I could get my daughter to play on Xbox. I'm glad to see something my kiddos and I can play together on the 360.

Thanks Walter,

I am the walrus.

good news: Lego Star Wars on Xbox 360. :)

bad news: it mentions in that article, Lucas is releasing the original/un-altered trilogy on individual DVDs (for a limited time). *sigh*

Hmm... I wonder if they'll allow you to unlock all the characters from the first game. I'm pretty sure I read that if you played the first game on Xbox and still had the save file, the upcoming Xbox version would let you play as any of the characters that you had unlocked.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... I wonder if they'll allow you to unlock all the characters from the first game. I'm pretty sure I read that if you played the first game on Xbox and still had the save file, the upcoming Xbox version would let you play as any of the characters that you had unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Maybe by then the first Lego:SW willbe BC!! Maybe.....

[quote name='asianxcore']good news: Lego Star Wars on Xbox 360. :)

bad news: it mentions in that article, Lucas is releasing the original/un-altered trilogy on individual DVDs (for a limited time). *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Why is that BAD NEWS? I know most people LOVE this news...although, makes most by it twice.....

Hopefully, this will be a $40 game. What can they really do on this that is NEXT-GEN? I mean it's LEGOS??? Can the graphics get much better? I have a feeling it will be a pretty standard port.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... I wonder if they'll allow you to unlock all the characters from the first game. I'm pretty sure I read that if you played the first game on Xbox and still had the save file, the upcoming Xbox version would let you play as any of the characters that you had unlocked.[/quote]

Crap, I just thought of that too...

Maybe they'll be downloadable from XBML, or unlockable by meeting certain conditions within the game.

[quote name='doubledown']Why is that BAD NEWS? I know most people LOVE this news...although, makes most by it twice.....

Hopefully, this will be a $40 game. What can they really do on this that is NEXT-GEN? I mean it's LEGOS??? Can the graphics get much better? I have a feeling it will be a pretty standard port.[/QUOTE]

bad news simply because many will have to double dip on it. I bought the DVD trilogy the first time around, and as happy as I am that the original versions are coming out, I hate having to spend even more money on the same movies.

also wasn't Lucas against releasing the original versions in general, simply because the versions that are out now are what he always wanted/intended?

back on topic I also hope the game is cheap when it comes out, like Top Spin/Dynasty Warriors were. also with HD the legos will look like REAL legos! :) I don't care about graphics I just want a fun co-op game my friends and I can play, we all really enjoyed the first one.

yes lucas flip flopped, yes he said he would not release the original on dvd, but money is money

I do hope the figure something out about the characters from the first game.

[quote name='asianxcore']bad news simply because many will have to double dip on it. I bought the DVD trilogy the first time around, and as happy as I am that the original versions are coming out, I hate having to spend even more money on the same movies.

also wasn't Lucas against releasing the original versions in general, simply because the versions that are out now are what he always wanted/intended?
[/QUOTE]

The unaltered versions are for fans. Sorta like the Four disc sets of LOTR. If you just enjoy watching Star Wars, there's no reason to buy the unaltered versions.

And Lucas was against releasing. But then he and his goons realized how much profit they could make milking diehard fans.

thats good news about the dvd set, and lego star wars II being on the 360. I just hope they don't charge $59.99 for the game.

Original cuts should've been an extra feature on the trilogy dvd's the first time. I'm a pretty big SW fan, but I'm fine with the couple of changes too.

Back on topic, anyone else thing this game could be awesome for on-line co-op?

yea the graphics cant get that much better on 360.. but im still excited its comimg out... i enjoyed the first one but dont know if i would buy it....

im a star wars fan but i cant see myself purchasing a legos game

Ok, so Eidos is starting to realize that we're not willing to pay a $20 premium for a ported game, $10 is a little easier to swallow but its still slightly insulting.

edit-I could have sworn the first one was published by Eidos Yet this one doesn't appear to be.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']edit-I could have sworn the first one was published by Eidos Yet this one doesn't appear to be.[/QUOTE]

It was. To be honest, I don't really think LucasArts was involved with the first game other than the obvious connection to the license. After it was a smash hit, I assume LucasArts took over publishing rights.

[quote name='terribledeli']It was. To be honest, I don't really think LucasArts was involved with the first game other than the obvious connection to the license. After it was a smash hit, I assume LucasArts took over publishing rights.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't surprise me really actually.

[quote name='Technique']If I haven't played the first one, should I play that first? Also, is this BC?[/QUOTE]

If by "this" do you mean the 2nd one? You do realize this topic is about the 360 version of it right?

If by "this" you were continuing to talk about the first one then yes the first one is worth playing and yes it is backward compatible.

[quote name='asianxcore']bad news simply because many will have to double dip on it. I bought the DVD trilogy the first time around, and as happy as I am that the original versions are coming out, I hate having to spend even more money on the same movies.

back on topic I also hope the game is cheap when it comes out, like Top Spin/Dynasty Warriors were. also with HD the legos will look like REAL legos! :) I don't care about graphics I just want a fun co-op game my friends and I can play, we all really enjoyed the first one.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the originals are shit, I wish more people like Lucas would go back and pretty up the older movies.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If by "this" do you mean the 2nd one? You do realize this topic is about the 360 version of it right?

If by "this" you were continuing to talk about the first one then yes the first one is worth playing and yes it is backward compatible.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought I made it clear, I was referring to "that" as in the first one.
And yes, I do know this is about the 360 version.

I watched an episode of GameStop: On the Spot and learned:

1) No online multiplayer or co-op.
2) A total of 100 playable characters: 50 new to this game and 50 from the last series which will be available for purchase on XBLM.

[quote name='CheapyD']I watched an episode of GameStop: On the Spot and learned:

2) A total of 100 playable characters: 50 new to this game and 50 from the last series which will be available for purchase on XBLM.[/QUOTE]

1) That blows!
2) Available for purchase? Looks like it's going to be a $60 game after all.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The no online was mentioned from the beginning so that's no surprise. Just glad they decided to port it over to the X360.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

Also,

Ozymandis (of his blog fame - http://ozymandias.com/default.aspx) must have played an early release and you can find the achievements on his gamercard

I have to wonder if they'll actually be for purchase. There hasn't really been any color swap pay downloads (ie RR6, Dead Rising, Chromehounds), but this may be the first.

[quote name='CheapyD']I watched an episode of GameStop: On the Spot and learned:

2) A total of 100 playable characters: 50 new to this game and 50 from the last series which will be available for purchase on XBLM.[/QUOTE]

On the one hand this is really disappointing because this game (or at least the 1st one) just isn't the same in single player and its usually difficult for me to get people over to just sit around and play video games. On the other hand, I'll probably pass on this game at launch now so that'll free up money for one of the other many new 360 titles coming out in the next few months.

[quote name='CheapyD']A total of 100 playable characters: 50 new to this game and 50 from the last series which will be available for purchase on XBLM.[/quote] I could have sworn I read that you can transfer your save file from the first Lego Star Wars to part II, so that you can use all the unlockable characters that way. Or did that idea just go out the window?

[quote name='Ma12kez']I could have sworn I read that you can transfer your save file from the first Lego Star Wars to part II, so that you can use all the unlockable characters that way. Or did that idea just go out the window?[/QUOTE]

I believe that's gonna work for the current gen systems.

[quote name='deadite76']I believe that's gonna work for the current gen systems.[/quote] [quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, you can't transfer saves from an Xbox to a 360, at least not officially.[/quote]
Oh alright. Thanks for clearing that up. So even if I did beat Lego Star Wars on my 360, I wouldn't be able to use my save file. Oh well, I hope that download won't cost too much.:bomb:

This week's episode revealed that a demo is likely to hit the marketplace. No specific dates were mentioned.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... I wonder if they'll allow you to unlock all the characters from the first game. I'm pretty sure I read that if you played the first game on Xbox and still had the save file, the upcoming Xbox version would let you play as any of the characters that you had unlocked.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is true. Also, I was watching Gamespot Live and they had one of the designers? (or producers) of Lego Star Wars and he said that gamers will be able to download all of the characters from the first game and be able to use them in the sequel.

[quote name='rsigley']I been playing it for the past hour or so

Pretty fun, camera is killing me it's hard to use[/quote]

Who broke street date. I hit up 2 walmarts and no luck.

bread's done
Back