Lego Star Wars II - General Discussion - Demo on XBL now

[quote name='rsigley']I been playing it for the past hour or so

Pretty fun, camera is killing me it's hard to use[/quote]

Just like the first one then. The camera is pretty bad and it's even worse when 2 people are playing and you are trying to perform jumps.

It's cute enough to not make you too pissed off at it most of the time though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Who broke street date. I hit up 2 walmarts and no luck.[/QUOTE]

i have a small independant store by my house they usually put the new games out on sat or monday depending on when they get them

got saints row on the fri before it came out thanks to them

Some complaints: Partners are useless. I'm in a party of 6 and it takes my partners longer to kill one storm trooper than me to kill 10

Ben whoever (I never seen the movies so I dunno the char names) the guy with the light saber and the force, his light saber has horrible hit detection seems like I whiff every slash

[quote name='rsigley']Some complaints: Partners are useless. I'm in a party of 6 and it takes my partners longer to kill one storm trooper than me to kill 10

Ben whoever (I never seen the movies so I dunno the char names) the guy with the light saber and the force, his light saber has horrible hit detection seems like I whiff every slash[/QUOTE]

You've never seen the movie...ever? Ive never seen Lord of the Rings, never read a book, but could name all of the characters. Where do you live?

[quote name='gizmogc']You've never seen the movie...ever? Ive never seen Lord of the Rings, never read a book, but could name all of the characters. Where do you live?[/QUOTE]

nope never seen any of the Lord of the Rings ever or read the book and I couldn't name any characters except for Frodo except I have no idea which one Frodo is I just know he's one of the characters

I live in New JErsey

Yeah, I played the demo and had that problem with Obi Wan Jabroni as well. I would get up close and swing away like no other and it just went right through the storm trooper. Once I backed up, it was all good.

I really liked the part in Mos Eisley (sp?) where you could build walkers and hop in them FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

[quote name='javeryh']The demo that came with PSM this past month was pretty fun - I will give this a rental at least.[/quote]

javeryh's debating getting a new game.. BIG SHOCK THERE!! I bet he's waiting for other people's opinions and someone to say something negative about the game before he tells us he can't afford it and/or would get it but doesn't have the time to play it because he's too busy jerking off/sharting/farting at work!

I really want to pick this up tomorrow, but I think I'll save my $50 and put it towards Okami. Definitely want to pick this up sometime down the line though.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, you can't transfer saves from an Xbox to a 360, at least not officially.[/quote]

I got it and I can confirm, you can't.

gizmoc check your GR tomorrow, mine said they would have it on Tuesday along with the DVD's

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got it and I can confirm, you can't.

gizmoc check your GR tomorrow, mine said they would have it on Tuesday along with the DVD's[/QUOTE]
??????????? I just saw you playing it

[quote name='anomynous']??????????? I just saw you playing it[/quote]

I didn't pick it up at GR, I called and asked, then I found a local game store that had it.

On another note the next Lego game is....

LEGO BATMAN:

The next licensed LEGO game from veteran UK developer, Traveller's Tales will be based on the massive DC Comics superhero, Batman, CVG can exclusively reveal today.

Just days prior to the release of the next entry in massively successful LEGO Star Wars series, CVG's investigative reports have learned that work has already begun on a franchise follow-up, staring the Caped Crusader in a block-busting adventure through a LEGO brick Gotham city.

No further details were offered from our sources, though we're sure that - considering how much fantastic fun the first two LEGO Star Wars games were - Batman's blocky-debut is certainly something to look forward to. While we would've probably opted for something more in the vein of LEGO Eastenders, the Dark Knight's deep universe and wide-array of characters and villains perfectly lends itself to the Lego spirit, and we're bursting to pilot a block-built Batmobile through the Gotham streets.

When we contacted Traveller's Tales the studio as expected declined to comment on LEGO Batman, although further delving led us to development director, Jonathan Smith who when asked about the game told us that considering the studio's long running partnership with LEGO, "we will definitely will be making more LEGO games in the future."

Exciting stuff indeed. We will of course shine the big, CVG spotlight skyward when more word on LEGO Batman reaches our ears.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=145768

So I messed around with the create-a-LEGO-dude but I can't figure out how to use them....are they not available for play? I could have sworn I read that you could use them.

I'm just curious if this game is going to be longer than 5 to 6 hours and have some sort of difficulty to it... Lego Star Wars was cool but was a rental at best.

I like the OT alot more, so if LSW 2 actually made some improvements I'll debate getting it when I'm done with Tomb Raider.

Hold up, I just read the review on IGN, the game dosen't have online Co-Op? What the fuck?

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm just curious if this game is going to be longer than 5 to 6 hours and have some sort of difficulty to it... Lego Star Wars was cool but was a rental at best.

I like the OT alot more, so if LSW 2 actually made some improvements I'll debate getting it when I'm done with Tomb Raider.

Hold up, I just read the review on IGN, the game dosen't have online Co-Op? What the fuck?[/quote]

No online co-op was announced from the beginning. I'm just greatful it was brought to the 360

It is definately deeper than the last one and has a lot of replay value. It also has a feature called "Adaptive Difficulty" where I assume it gets harder depending on your skill, but I haven't checked it out yet. The cut scenes are longer than the previous game and they are pretty funny. To me its totally worth the $53.86 (after tax) I paid.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']To me its totally worth the $53.86 (after tax) I paid.[/QUOTE]

the IGN review mentioned framerate problems and v-synch issues? do you find those to be a problem while playing through the game?

[quote name='asianxcore']the IGN review mentioned framerate problems and v-synch issues? do you find those to be a problem while playing through the game?[/quote]

I finished about 20% of the game and can't say I ran into any of that. The only thing i noticed is that the textures look blurry in the far distance and when youre up close to the camera.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So I messed around with the create-a-LEGO-dude but I can't figure out how to use them....are they not available for play? I could have sworn I read that you could use them.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand Linkin, you can only use those characters whenever you're playing multiplayer-- I think. I could be wrong as well, but thats how many reviews have made it seem.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']From what I understand Linkin, you can only use those characters whenever you're playing multiplayer-- I think. I could be wrong as well, but thats how many reviews have made it seem.[/quote]

Thats what I thought, I'm in free play mode and I can't see the option for my character. Maybe its a cheat I have to purchase at the cantina.

Never played the first one aside from a demo, if you play the game co-op, can either(or both) of you get achievements?

[quote name='sanjuro']Never played the first one aside from a demo, if you play the game co-op, can either(or both) of you get achievements?[/QUOTE]
There's no online play, if that's what you're alluding to.

Nah, I'm wondering if you get achievements by going through the game via local coop, although now that I think about it, since the game is a simple port, I'd imagine it would be too much work for them to keep track of both player's progress while playing coop.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thats what I thought, I'm in free play mode and I can't see the option for my character. Maybe its a cheat I have to purchase at the cantina.[/QUOTE]

They are available for freeplay. They will be the last two options when you select a character, in the bottom right corner. The icons are blacked out but you can still pick them.

Apparently if you make a character with a red lightsaber you can use the dark side of the force with them, meaning you can move the things glowing red. Which is nice since you don't unlock an actual dark side character until late in the game.

[quote name='SteveGo']They are available for freeplay. They will be the last two options when you select a character, in the bottom right corner. The icons are blacked out but you can still pick them.

Apparently if you make a character with a red lightsaber you can use the dark side of the force with them, meaning you can move the things glowing red. Which is nice since you don't unlock an actual dark side character until late in the game.[/quote]

:bow: Thank you so much for that. I saw the 2 icons but I figured that they were the "exclusive unlockables" like Vader was in the last game. Thanks for the tip on the Dark Side options too.

Just found out you can transfer in prequel characters from a previous save (I didn't know that).. gotta pick up the XBox version now.

Damn this game's fun. Never played the first one, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's charming and humorous at times. The missions are pretty lenghty as well.

[quote name='rly723']so is the $20 difference worth it to get the 360 version instead of the xbox version??[/QUOTE]

Its a $10 difference. rly, it is!

[quote name='rly723']so is the $20 difference worth it to get the 360 version instead of the xbox version??[/quote]

If you care about playing in slightly better graphics and earning Achievements, yes its worth the $10 extra. If you don't just go for the XBOX version...its BC title as well so you can play it on your X360.

I never played the original so this is a very "noob" question, but can you play as Yoda with lightsaber in free play mode?

If the answer is "yes" I will most definitely be picking up the 360 version.

i am looking forward to this game, but I am waiting untill i am done with saints row single player...thankfully i am 55% done with that

[quote name='LunaticPuma']I never played the original so this is a very "noob" question, but can you play as Yoda with lightsaber in free play mode?

If the answer is "yes" I will most definitely be picking up the 360 version.[/quote]

I haven't unlocked Yoda yet but you could play as him with light saber on the first one so I don't see why not but I can't confirm yet.

[quote name='Scorch']Just found out you can transfer in prequel characters from a previous save (I didn't know that).. gotta pick up the XBox version now.[/QUOTE]

It was just confirmed today that all the prequel characters will only be 200 pts($2.50) to d/ from the marketplace. That is more than reasonable, IMO, since they could have gotten away with charging a lot more. Although the extra $10 for the game should have been enough to cover a free d/l.

[quote name='sanjuro']Never played the first one aside from a demo, if you play the game co-op, can either(or both) of you get achievements?[/QUOTE]

There is someone on the xbox forums saying he hasn't been able to unlock achievements for both people, only player 1. I trust what he says since his gamerscore is in the thirty thousands.

[quote name='Corvin']
There is someone on the xbox forums saying he hasn't been able to unlock achievements for both people, only player 1. I trust what he says since his gamerscore is in the thirty thousands.[/quote]

That sucks if true. I'll confirm tonight, and if true I guess I'll let mrs. shipwreck get the points for when we play together and then I'll have to play back through it on my own to get my nerd points.

The achievements for this game are pretty lame. They could have gotten a lot more creative than the 20%, 40%, 60% etc. completion achievements that they put in there.

[quote name='shipwreck']That sucks if true. I'll confirm tonight, and if true I guess I'll let mrs. shipwreck get the points for when we play together and then I'll have to play back through it on my own to get my nerd points.

The achievements for this game are pretty lame. They could have gotten a lot more creative than the 20%, 40%, 60% etc. completion achievements that they put in there.[/quote]

That happened to me and my sister on the first day I played. I didnt give it much thought though because she joined in mid game. I'll have to try it again.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I haven't unlocked Yoda yet but you could play as him with light saber on the first one so I don't see why not but I can't confirm yet.[/QUOTE]

Yep he's in there and he's a little easier to control than in the previous game.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Its a $10 difference. rly, it is![/QUOTE]

Fry' this week has the 360 version for 49.99

xbox version is 29.99

[quote name='rly723']Fry' this week has the 360 version for 49.99

xbox version is 29.99[/quote]

Oh.... Me and RedvsBlue meant $10 difference in MSRP terms.

xbox version is 29.99[/QUOTE]
They forgot that they could read the minds of the vague.

xbox version is 29.99[/QUOTE]

O Rly?

Sorry, I didn't know about Fry's. Apparently, they're too good to set up shop up in the frozen tundra of Minnesota.

Anyone know what to do next at the Mos Eisley Spaceport?

I found pieces of the walker behind several doors, and I don't know what to do next.

[quote name='asianxcore']Anyone know what to do next at the Mos Eisley Spaceport?

I found pieces of the walker behind several doors, and I don't know what to do next.[/QUOTE]
The rest of the parts are in those little garbage cans nearby.

Then put together the walker and blow the large gate to smithereens. Don't forget the one at the beginning of the level as well. It's a double scoring area.

Gotta say, this game is challenging if you're gonna go for the "no dying" achievements. The escape from the Death Star level is proving to be a bitch. Can't even get close to not dying. Tons of enemies all over.

bread's done
Back