Lego Star Wars II - General Discussion - Demo on XBL now

Well, I confirmed it last night. Only the profile assigned to controller one gets the achievements and is assigned to the saved game file.

Looks like I'll be playing through this game a lot.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, I confirmed it last night. Only the profile assigned to controller one gets the achievements and is assigned to the saved game file.

Looks like I'll be playing through this game a lot.[/quote]

Bummer...but then again, more replay value.

Anyone know if playing the game in Free Play can unlock the "....Without Dying" achievements as well?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know if playing the game in Free Play can unlock the "....Without Dying" achievements as well?[/QUOTE]

Yup. You can earn them in free play, but you can't use any of the extras you bought at the Cantina Bar (characters are fine).

[quote name='asianxcore']Yup. You can earn them in free play, but you can't use any of the extras you bought at the Cantina Bar (characters are fine).[/quote]

Thank you.

The Hoth level is a pain in the ass, at least in SP. Took me a while to figure out the control scheme, but it's still a bit clunky.

OK, so if you play the first Lego SW game (XB version) on your 360, and save it on the 360...can you unlock the prequel characters in Lego SW II for 360?

Hmmm?

I found an easy way to get some of the achievements for "...without dying" ones.

Play the through the game to have Ben Kenobi (Ghost) unlockable in the Cantina. Get enough studs to purchase him (I think he's 1.1 million). He's invincible and invisible. However, his lightsaber also does nothing as well (except for the ground spark attack). Play through the stage and just prior to the end...switch characters. Do not beat the stage as the Ghost.

[quote name='62t']it wont work, they only way to get LSW1 characters is to buy it for 200 points.[/quote]

Are they on the marketplace already?

[quote name='terribledeli']Do not beat the stage as the Ghost.[/QUOTE]

Why switch back? I thought the game would give you credit for that achievement as long as you didn't turn on any of the other extras in the game.

Anyone know an easy way to get studs? I have a handful of characters left to buy but some of the prices for them are insane. :) I've been free-playing through "Secret Plans" since there a lot of studs to collect in that level.

[quote name='asianxcore']Why switch back? I thought the game would give you credit for that achievement as long as you didn't turn on any of the other extras in the game.

Anyone know an easy way to get studs? I have a handful of characters left to buy but some of the prices for them are insane. :) I've been free-playing through "Secret Plans" since there a lot of studs to collect in that level.[/quote]

Get the Gold bricks to unlock the episode IV special. There's tons of money in there, they have Purple Studs which are worth...I forgot but they are worth more than the blue ones.

EDIT: NVM, its just a bonus MP mission, to see who can get to 1 Million studs first, you don't get to keep them at the end.

just bought this game for $39.99 from FRY's.

havent tried it yet, but is this considered a must have 360 game? lots of replay value or one of those games a person can loose interest after awhile?

better off spending that 39.99 on another game that could be coming out later?

i wouldve got Saints Row instead but i have that on order for 39.99 from play-asia not sure when it will ship though

I wouldn't say it's a must-have 360 title, considering you can get it for current-gen as well. There's not that much added to the 360 version to bring it to that level, aside from Achievement points. Now if it had Live play on top of that....

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I wouldn't say it's a must-have 360 title, considering you can get it for current-gen as well. There's not that much added to the 360 version to bring it to that level, aside from Achievement points. Now if it had Live play on top of that....[/quote]

I wish it had Co-op. I'd be all over it.

Finished it today, at a leisurely pace. Fun title, and ready to do some free mode. Create mode is cool. Made Dark Empire Luke & Jedi Leia to match the comics :)

[quote name='rly723']just bought this game for $39.99 from FRY's.

havent tried it yet, but is this considered a must have 360 game? lots of replay value or one of those games a person can loose interest after awhile?

better off spending that 39.99 on another game that could be coming out later?

i wouldve got Saints Row instead but i have that on order for 39.99 from play-asia not sure when it will ship though[/QUOTE]

Definently not a must-have game, as mentioned before. If you love the first one, you'll love this one.

There is tons of replay value if you really get into it. However, I can see someone losing interest in it because, it is fairly easy (by fairly, I mean very) and revolves around the use of 3 buttons.

I highly recommend it for co-op if you have someone to play with, otherwise I'd say wait for a price-drop or wait til November when the REAL 360 must-haves hit shelves (Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, etc.)

[quote name='Trakan']I wish it had (Live) Co-op. I'd be all over it.[/quote]
I wonder if this will be a downloadable add-on, like Kameo. It does have "content download" on the box. I wouldn't even mind (that much) paying for it since it's a $50 title.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
EDIT: NVM, its just a bonus MP mission, to see who can get to 1 Million studs first, you don't get to keep them at the end.[/QUOTE]

Yup, tried it yesterday and it didn't work. Thanks though.

I usually get 100,000 on average from playing "Secret Plans" once through. I only have maybe 4-5 characters left to unlock, but all of them are really pricey.

[quote name='asianxcore']Yup, tried it yesterday and it didn't work. Thanks though.

I usually get 100,000 on average from playing "Secret Plans" once through. I only have maybe 4-5 characters left to unlock, but all of them are really pricey.[/quote]

There's a red brick (i forget what level) that multiplies your money X10 but to unlock that cheat alone it costs 3 Million...sigh

wow, fun game. my playing time overall since i bought it has been around 4 hrs, but only 8% done or 4/99 levels. never played the 1st Lego Staw Wars, but this is a pretty good game. easy game play. only complaint is the camera angles. miss certain areas or cant even view in certain areas. also no voice acting during cut scenes. otherwise a good game, well worth the $40

So how hard are the "not dying" achievements? I have this for PSP and the camera angle is totally fixed (no second analog nub) and I die quite often because I get shot by someone I can't see....

[quote name='javeryh']So how hard are the "not dying" achievements? I have this for PSP and the camera angle is totally fixed (no second analog nub) and I die quite often because I get shot by someone I can't see....[/QUOTE]

Not too hard. When the level is just full of regular Stormtroopers you can always pick someone like Luke, Leia or a Bounty Hunter and they'll automatically dodge oncoming lasers if you shoot back.

It gets a little trickier when you try the "...undefeated" achievements against someone such as the Emperor near the end of Jedi. Though a lot people have said that buying one of the ghost characters makes it easier, since they don't take damage.

Right now for me the vehicle levels seem near impossible to go unfeated on. Most of them are really long (Hoth) and there is stuff coming at you from all angles.

Just rented it, hopefully I can 100% it by Wednesday, although the achievements look surprisingly hard.

And here are better shots of the new picture packs thanks to the guys over at the 360A forums. They're 80 points each.

lswpic1.jpg

lswpic2.jpg

lswpic3.jpg

I got them all, they are badass!

Do they have a picture of the themes? I bought it, just want clear pictures, trying to create a gamercard.

okay here's my problem..i'm about 5 hrs into the game, 5 levels done. ive been playing it on my old tv, i just hooked up my 360 to my hdtv. but it does not recogniz the saves on my hard drve. i check the dashboard memory and i see the file, but when i start up the game it does not show anything. could this be a hard drive issue? does switching connections have anythin to do with this? since i went from a reg tv to hdtv? it woud suck if i have to start all over

[quote name='sanjuro']Nope, no theme pictures.[/quote]

Bummer...What's the sites address?

[quote name='rly723']okay here's my problem..i'm about 5 hrs into the game, 5 levels done. ive been playing it on my old tv, i just hooked up my 360 to my hdtv. but it does not recogniz the saves on my hard drve. i check the dashboard memory and i see the file, but when i start up the game it does not show anything. could this be a hard drive issue? does switching connections have anythin to do with this? since i went from a reg tv to hdtv? it woud suck if i have to start all over[/quote]
No idea. I know its tied to your gamertag so make sure you're logged on to it before you load up I guess. I doubt the fact that XBL is having some intermittent down time has anything to do with it but who knows.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Bummer...What's the sites address?

No idea. I know its tied to your gamertag so make sure you're logged on to it before you load up I guess. I doubt the fact that XBL is having some intermittent down time has anything to do with it but who knows.[/QUOTE]

oh ok maybe thats it, i might have been connected to another profile whle playing since i was offline during that time.

[quote name='sanjuro']Just rented it, hopefully I can 100% it by Wednesday, although the achievements look surprisingly hard.

And here are better shots of the new picture packs thanks to the guys over at the 360A forums. They're 80 points each.

lswpic1.jpg

lswpic2.jpg

lswpic3.jpg
[/quote]
Who is the guy in the third row, fourth (from the left, between the Bothan and Han in carbonite) picture? Angry George Lucas?

[quote name='2Fast']Who is the guy in the third row, fourth (from the left, between the Bothan and Han in carbonite) picture? Angry George Lucas?[/QUOTE]

Lukes uncle

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Lukes uncle[/quote]

Oh...why the hell does he have his own gamerpic but Admiral Ackbar, Tarkin, Jawas, Jabba, Wampas, and whatever else you can think of do not? All of the people I mentioned are in the movies exponentially longer than Uncle Owen.
Why I'm even questioning this is more telling I suppose...

[quote name='2Fast']Oh...why the hell does he have his own gamerpic but Admiral Ackbar, Tarkin, Jawas, Jabba, Wampas, and whatever else you can think of do not? All of the people I mentioned are in the movies exponentially longer than Uncle Owen.
Why I'm even questioning this is more telling I suppose...[/QUOTE]

Buy a Vision Cam and take a pic of whatever you want problem solved.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Lukes uncle[/QUOTE]
No, it isn't. It's the bartender from the Cantina.

[quote name='asianxcore']Not too hard. When the level is just full of regular Stormtroopers you can always pick someone like Luke, Leia or a Bounty Hunter and they'll automatically dodge oncoming lasers if you shoot back.

It gets a little trickier when you try the "...undefeated" achievements against someone such as the Emperor near the end of Jedi. Though a lot people have said that buying one of the ghost characters makes it easier, since they don't take damage.

Right now for me the vehicle levels seem near impossible to go unfeated on. Most of them are really long (Hoth) and there is stuff coming at you from all angles.[/quote]

yeah, the vehicle levels are going to be tough. I was near the end of the Episode IV:6 and I had 4 hearts and my 360 crashed! I was so pissed I went to bed. Hopefully over the next few weeks people will come up with some good strategies. The characters that carry blasters are good for dodging but every time I try to move I get hit. Free play makes it not such a pain I guess since you can get through specific doors easily...

I've got another $50 coaster on my hands. Damn system keeps locking up. Escape From Death Star level in Episode IV. Such a pain in the ass level, too.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've got another $50 coaster on my hands. Damn system keeps locking up. Escape From Death Star level in Episode IV. Such a pain in the ass level, too.[/QUOTE]
That level froze on my twice, last night.

[quote name='Brak']That level froze on my twice, last night.[/quote]What part? It froze on me in the area with the Millenium Falcon and the Obi Wan/Darth fight. Damn it, and I'm so close to the end. I'll give it one more try today and if it freezes again, this game's going in the closet for a while.

There is no way in hell I'll be able to get the flying level undefeated achievements. I died a ton on Hoth and the Meteor level.

Hoth was actually pretty easy, I only died once on my first story playthrough because I crashed into the bomb dispenser. It is tedious as fuck though, just keep your finger on the firing button and do the move where you do a loop and reverse your direction, I think you just pull the analog stick in the opposite direction. The black probes are also easy targets for hearts. It actually plays out a little like a fucked up version of Geometry Wars.

Game is very cool better then the 1st I think a lot of things got me confused though at first. Very good game to play with a Gf.

I finished Empire 2 nights ago and I'm dying to play through Jedi but I'm having a party on Saturday so all of my spare time this week has to go towards getting my arcade machine in party-ready shape...

So far this is one of the better games I've played this year. I can't help but think they could have milked the franchise for 6 years and made a Lego game for each individual episode - you know, expand on the levels and include every scene from the movies...

yeah i bought this game is very fun and better than i thought. i question my decision in buying it since NBA 2k7 was coming out soon and, but i can wait off on that game. LSW II was definitely worth it, tempted to buy the first LSW , to try it out too

Knocked the game out today, fuck me, Death Star II undefeated was a bitch. Aside from that it wasn't too tough though.

I recommend you guys grab the orange brick on the Empire level where you fight Darth Vader. It's behind the X-Wing as soon as you start off. It unlocks the ability to buy the minikit detector at the cantina, which is a ton of help for tracking them down.

bread's done
Back